Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clevmire1

clevmire1

GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati Empty
PostSubject: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 9:22 am

Clevmire1 Named Head Coach

Coach Clevmire1, the head football coach at USF for 4 years on NCAA Football 09, was named Monday to takeover from the daparting Brian Kelly after he accepted the Head Coaching job at Notre Dame.

In four seasons at USF, Clevmire led the Bulls to a 43-9 record winning three Big East titles and a Sugar Bowl against Alabama last year along the way.

I am thrilled to have Coach Clevmire1 as Cincinnati's new coach," athletic director Mike Thomas wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press on Sunday. "Clevmire1 brings an exciting brand of football to Nippert Stadium. He is a proven entity and has had a great deal of success in the Big East which will be invaluble as we move to top of the conference".

Clevmire1 was extremely emotional in the meeting with his USF players that lasted less than 10 minutes Sunday, a person at the meeting told ESPN. He had difficulty telling his team, "Others have contacted me but this one I had to listen."

A source close to Clevmire1 told ESPN that the Cincinnati deal will average in the range of $2.5 million per year, which would be more than a half-million per year raise from his South Florida salary.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
clevmire1

clevmire1

GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati Empty
PostSubject: Re: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 2:38 pm

Head Coach Clevmire1 - Press Conference- December 12, 2009

Opening Statement: We're busy preparing for arguably the best offensive team we've seen in quite some time in Boise [State], but I do want to go back to the Oregon State game. Certainly for our football team, as you're developing and you're starting to learn more about your football team, you need to be challenged and tested, and we were challenged by Oregon State who has proven to be very difficult in the Pac-10 with nine-win seasons. We were going to find out a little bit more about our football team, and I think we found out we can handle the challenges that we are confronted with.

Reporter : Coach, do you think this win proves that you are a National Title contender?

Coach Clevmire1: I think it proves that, again, you can do it at the University of Cincinnati. I've said from day one that we've come here to win championships and compete for national championships, and you can now say that with a straight face. We've got a lot of work to do to get there, but we certainly can put a product together at the University of Cincinnati that has national relevance.

Reporter: Coach, what do you think your team needs to improve on?

Coach Clevmire1: I would say our defense is probably the one that stands out the most. If there's one area that I'm a bit disappointed in, it is that our defense have not been as consistent as I would have liked. We have just given up to many yards andit's notgood enough.

Reporter: Coach, do you think that your players are still playing with a chip on their shoulders?

Coach Clevmire1: I think as long as you're playing in the state of Ohio, and you're not looked at as an equal or partner, you're going to play with a chip on your shoulder. And I'm not saying that we should be looked at as an equal or partner, but our players sense and feel that every day. So they're going to carry that, and I'm certainly not going to tell them to change the way they think, because as a coach, I kind of like that role we have.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati EmptyMon 14 Dec 2009, 5:00 pm

Head Coach Clevmire1 - Press Conference- December 14, 2009

GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati View110

Coach Clevmire1, Opening Statement: Well, as you all know we are headed to South Bend this week to square off against a very good Notre Dame team. I'm pretty excited about taking this team to South Bend, it's going to be a great atmosphere, sold out stadium. I think everyone knows the tradition of Notre Dame. It's a nationally televised game; it should make for some pretty good college football.

Reporter: Coach, do you think the fact that you are going up against Brian Kelly will serve as extra motivation for your players?

Coach Clevmire1: I would imagine so. Especially given how he just walked out on them midway through preseason.

Reporter: Coach, do you think you can win if Notre Dame play to their potential?

Coach Clevmire1: "We don't look at it that way. We feel like it's about how we play. We can't control how well Notre Dame does. So why go into the week and even think about, well I hope they don't play well. We can't control that, what we can control as a football team is to be prepared and to be prepared in a lot of different instances. Quite frankly, it's about how we prepare for Notre Dame. "

Reporter: Coach, how does Notre Dame compare to other teams you face at Cincinnati?

Coach Clevmire1: They're like a BIG EAST All-Star team. Take the best players from the BIG EAST on both sides of the ball and put them together. They've got great players at every position, they have no weaknesses. But, we don't have to play them ten times; we just have to play them once.

Reporter : Coach, Mardy (Gilyard) has been unstoppable the past couple of games. Will he be seeing more of the ball?

Coach Clevmire1: Most definately. But, we also need to find different ways to get him the football. More specifically, if you line him up at the outside receiver to the field, you can role coverage and double team him. But if you put him in different positions, maybe you can put him in the backfield. Maybe we could do some things, that’s what we really looked at. Obviously, there will be times that we want you to double. So, we want to put him in a position where we are also using him if you double him, other things will open up for us.

Coach Clevmire1: Well, i think that about does it. Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 7:42 am

Head Coach Clevmire1 - Press Conference- December 16, 2009

GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati View110

Coach Clevmire1, Opening Statement: Good Morning. We have the bye this week obiviously, so we don’t have much to talk about other than our preparation for South Florida.

I think everyone here knows about the two ranked opponents. As you all know Matt Grothe and BJ Daniels have been injured so the Bulls have been forced to go with red shirt freshman Evan Landi. He has struggled a little bit but he is very talented and is very athletic and has a very good bunch of receivers to throw to.

Defensively, pretty much what you thought about South Florida. Athletic, outstanding pass rushers but their very solid inside as well. Their front four is as good as your going to see in a top 25 opponent. They can match up with any SEC team or Big Ten teams. Pierre-Paul and Selvie now give you tandem on the edge that makes it more difficult. Somebody has got to play one-on-one football, and I mean somebody, one of those tackles, you can’t help both of them. So there will be times when we will have to give them assistants. We will have to play very well against South Florida to win.

Reporter: Coach, what is Isiah Pead's status?

Coach Clevmire1: He will be out for a few weeks. He obviously has broken his wrist but it will not require screws or a plate so he should be back in action in about a month.

Reporter: Coach, what is at stake for your team in this game?

Coach Clevmire1: It’s not about what is at stake for us, it’s about being back in the BIG EAST Conference. You know, we have been non league since Rutgers. Believe me, we have prepared for every game, but it’s a conference game and it takes on a different approach in a sense that everybody knows your back in BIG EAST play. You know what’s at stake, you know all of those things. It’s got our guys charged up and our staff, you know we’re back in the BIG EAST and our goal at the start of season was to win a BIG EAST championship and this is an important game for us.

Reporter: Coach, how do you plan on defending against Evan Landi's ability to make plays with his feet and arm?

Coach Clevmire1: Well, here’s the question, when you have an athletic running quarterback, do you stop the run? If you stop the run then you are one-on-one on the outside. If you play just pass, then you give them the opportunity to run the football. It’s a great balance when you have a quarterback that can do both. We have to pick our spots, you really do, we have to be able to stop the run and sometimes we may have to double up on some of their receivers. When you play a quarterback of this ability, that’s kind of the difficulty, is that you have to be able to pick your spots.

Reporter: Coach, what do you expect from USF defensive coordinator Joe Tresey. Do you think he'll be pulling out all the stops?

Coach Clevmire1: Let me tell you, I know Joe and he is a great guy. Joe is going to do his job. Joe is probably the most organized and detailed coach relative to planning everything out. He will have a plan for everything. If we come out with three backs in the backfield, he will have a check for it. So, I can tell you one thing, Joe will be prepared for everything. But he won’t do anything he is not comfortable doing and that’s why he has been a good defensive coordinator for as long as he has been in the business; because you won’t trick him and he won’t go outside his comfort zone and that usually works pretty good.

Coach Clevmire1: Okay everyone, thanks for your time. I've gotta get going to practice.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:18 pm

Head Coach Clevmire1 - Press Conference- December 17, 2009

Coach Clevmire1, Opening Statement: Alright everyone, as im sure you all know by now Tony Pike was arrested on a DUI in the early hour of the morning following our game against Louisville. We will be suspending him for two games for his actions. Starting in his place will be Zach Collaros who we are extremely confident in and expect him to lead us to two wins. That is all i will be saying about that, i will not be fielding any questions in regards to Tony or his actions.

Reporter: Coach, what do you expect from a kid who has only competed 16 passes in college football?

Coach Clevmire1: I told you, two wins. Zach is an extremely talented kid who has come on in leaps and bounds this year. This is his chance to show you all what we here already know he can do and he will not disappoint.

Reporter: Coach, do you think this will be a big enough distraction to derail your chance for a second straight BIG EAST title?

Coach Clevmire1: It is obviously an unwanted distraction but i think these boy are big enough and ugly enough to be able to put this behind them and continue playing great football as we contine towards our goal of winning the BIG EAST.

Reporter: Coach, the way things are paning out your end of season game with Pitt may be the BIG EAST decider, what do you make of this team?

Coach Clevmire1: They are obivousley a good team that is well coached. But they are way too one dimensional to compete with the better teams. They obviously cant pass the ball, i mean have you seen there quarterbacks stats its rediculous. They may have a great running game and Dion Lewis who is having an "OVERLY" great season but i think they are headed for a steep learning curve starting with Georgia Tech.

Coach Clevmire1: Well that's it for today guys. Thanx

Last edited by clevmire1 on Sat 19 Dec 2009, 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati EmptySat 19 Dec 2009, 7:22 am

Head Coach Clevmire1 - Press Conference- December 19, 2009

Coach Clevmire1, Opening Statement: Wow, we are really starting to bring it together as the season goes on. It was a good win over Uconn and even though we were down early our guys pulled it together and got on top of it right from then on. Offensively, we got into a good rhythm with Zach and a good mix of run and pass. It kept Uconn off balance early on. Once we got a good lead in the second no one was worried about where Tony was. Not that we don’t want Tony in there. It is good early on when you can show you can be effective and efficient with our second-string quarterback.

Reporter: Coach, if you could give a grade to Zach for his two games this year what would it be?

Coach Clevmire1: A. He has played really well starting for Tony and has really matured as a player in these two starts. The only reason i cant give him an A+ is he through a pick late in the game against Uconn.

Reporter: Coach, will you be starting with Tony or Zach come next weeks game against West Virginia?

Coach Clevmire1: Let me make this clear, Tony is our starting quarterback and will be for the rest of the year. Zach has played extremely well for us during the time Tony was not available and he will be great for us next next year.

Reporter: Coach, where do you rate Mardy Gilyard on the list of all time best players to have played for Cincinnati.

Coach Clevmire1: I don't know. i haven't been here that long so iI don't know about all the history here but he has to be up there. You don't break these type of records if you are not a very gifted player.

Reporter: Coach, how do you plan on coming away with the win in West Virginia?

Coach Clevmire1: We gotta stop the run. It's that simple. Noel Devine is extremely danger out the backfield and Jarrett Brown is also a threat to run the ball. We have to make them one dimensional and make them try and beat us in the air.

Coach Clevmire1: Alright, that's it today guys. Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati EmptyWed 23 Dec 2009, 6:48 am

Head Coach Clevmire1 - Press Conference- December 23, 2009

GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati 8080684GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati Pitt-helmet

Coach Clevmire1, Opening Statement: Well, we're busy preparing for not just the most important game of heyear but arguable the most important game in the University of Cincinnati's history. If we win this game it will be back to back BIG EAST titles and a shot at the National Championship. Bu, if we lose we wont even get a BCS Bowl bid.

Just on Pittsburg, they are a young and talented team that have stuck to what they do well exculsively and had great success in doing that. We expect a tough game, but in saying that we feel we have prepared very well for them and believe we can come away with the win.

Reporter: Coach, how do you plan to beat them?

Coach Clevmire1: I wont go into to much depth for obvious reasons But, I will say that it is no secret thta they will run the ball all day and then run some more cause it seems that their passing game is inept, so we will be shuting down the running game and seeing if they can beat us in the air. If we can do that they dont have a chance.

Reporter: Coach, how do you plan on shutting down Dion Lewis who has been phenominal?

Coach Clevmire1: Like i said i cant get into to much detail but we are confident we will be able to. The one game they played against a good defence in Georgia Tech Lewis was shut down and we have a much better defence than tech that is why we ae still unbeaten.

Reporter : Coach, how do you plan on moving the ball offensively against one of the highest ranked defenses in the country?

Coach Clevmire1: Well, the only reason they are ranked so highly is that their offense has the ball all game so their defense barely ever gets on the field. Don't get me wrong they are quite talanted and we will not be underestimating them but at the same time we will not be overestimating them. We will beat them the same way we have beaten every team this year with a heavy does of Tony Pike and Mardy Gilyard.

Reporter : Coach, what do you have to say to all the pundits who think Pitt will win.

Coach Clevmire1: Look at the records. There is only one undefeated team going into this game!
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 7:46 am

Head Coach Clevmire1 - Press Conference- December 24, 2009

GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati Bcs-national-championship

Coach Clevmire1, Opening Statement: First, we want to wish everybody happy holidays, and especially a Merry Christmas. This is probably my favorite time of the year. I just love the bowls. I make sure i watch as many as possible. So far I have watched every game. To see Wyoming coming back and Middle Tennessee coming back. It's just a fun time of the year where people question whether they should go to bowls in a 6-6 or 7-5 season, I just love it. It's a lot of fun.

I am very proud of this team. I told them thank you the other day to be sitting here at 12-0 and Big East champs. Seniors have been absolutely amazing. To have gone undefeated so far is something that we just take for granted.

We haven't talked a lot to them about Iowa at this point because it will be some time until our game. So it's like starting over and having a onegame season. So you really just have to go back and work on fundamentals. But we've had very, very physical practices. They've all been ones against ones. They're knocking each other around. They're having fun. And we're really excited about watching them prepare for this game because they're proud to be here.

Reporter: Coach, how much of your practices have been focused specifically on Iowa?

Coach Clevmire1: None, we haven't touched Iowa yet. We'll do that. But first I felt like we needed to go back and be more fundamentally sound. We have to do a better job of blocking. We had to do a better job of being physical with each other. So we've been lining up ones against ones on scrimmaging. Oce we start getting a little closer to the game we will start focusing more on Iowa.

Reporter: Coach, do you think it's fair that your team is considered the underdog?

Coach Clevmire1: It doesn't matter what I think or like, really, but I think it's fair. You look at the way they have performed this year and he teams they beat, they've dominated. We sure didn't play our best game against Pitt. So I understand that completely. They've got great players. They've got all those All-Americans. So I told our players, I think that's fair. You look at it on paper, I would think everybody would pick them.

Reporter: Coach, are you worried about the pressure Tony Pike might place on himself?

Coach Clevmire1: I'm really not. Tony has has dealt with pressure very well during his career. He's had a wonderful run here, a great career. He's a wonderful player. He's played in big games. He's played in an Orange Bowl. This maybe his first National Championship game but he has played in enough big games to know how to handle himself.

Reporter: Coach, do you think this year will have been a success still if you lose this game?

Coach Clevmire1: If you don't have success in the next game, it really doesn't matter. I can't name anybody that's played in this game the last three years and didn't have success. I don't know who they are. I can tell you the ones that did. You create an opportunity for yourself, so your focus should be on what you need to do to take advantage of it.

Coach Clevmire1: That'll bout do it today. I've gotta get back to it.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 8:41 am

Head Coach Clevmire1 - Press Conference- Preseason 2010

Coach Clevmire1, Opening Statement: Well, last year ended in a disappointing way in the national championship but it is a new year and our goal is to go one step further. But in saying that, on refection last year was a huge success and one of the best in school history. Sure we have lost alot of talent in Mardy Gilyard and Tony Pike just to named a couple, but we do have some great young players that will now get their chance to make a name for themselves.

So far preseason has gone very well. I think the team will be even better this year having been able to have a full season and now preseason to learn my scheme and they now all understand what i expect out of them. the players that were on the roster last year have gained valuble experience in big games and it has shown in the way they have trained in preseason.

Reprter: Coach, why do you think your team played so poorly in the National Championship?
Coach Clevmire1: Look, it is a new season. That game is in the past. Myself, the coaches and the players have learnt what we did wrong, addressed it and moved on. That is all I am going to say.

Reprter: Coach, do you really think your team can be a contender for the title this year given the losses you have had especially on offense?

Coach Clevmire1: yes I do. Look it is no secret that we have had alot of very talented player graduate and they will be tough to replace. I mean players like Tony (Pike) and Mardy (Gilyard) don't come around that often, but we are very confident in the players we have and beleive there will be a few that really step up and take this opportunity.

Reprter: Coach, who will be your starting quarterback?

Coach Clevmire1: Zach Collaros. He and Chazz Anderson have been battling it out all preseason. It's not that Chazz has done anything wrong it's just Zach has been tremendous. The way he is playing right now defences around the country will be shaking in their booties.

Reprter: Coach, why have you decided to red shirt both DJ Woods and MJ Jamees?

Coach Clevmire1: I just feel it would be in the best interests of both the players and the team if the where to havean extra year of experience.

Reprter: Coach, has the success of the team last year open more doors with better recruits?

Coach Clevmire1: Absolutely. If you look at where we've gone in our recruiting, you can see now that the kids that we're recruiting, we're recruiting against the very best. We can't get them all, but there are so many good football players in this area, that there's enough for everybody. We're still going to take kids that we think fit our profile athletically and academically, but we think we can be in the conversation with any kid. That wasn't the case two years ago.

Coach Clevmire1: Alright everyone, i've gotta get to practice so that'll do for today.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 3:39 pm

Head Coach Clevmire1 - Press Conference- Week 7, 2010

Coach Clevmire1, Opening Statement: Well, that game against UConn this week was certainly hard fought. I almost had a bloody heart attack. We certainly didn't start the game off the way i would have hope or really expected, but it is pleaseing to know that even in shocking conditions and when things dont go our way we can still pulll out a win. You need games like that as you go along to really find out what kind of team you are, and even though we are not where we had hoped to be at this point in the season with two losses i think this game really proved that we are a very good team still.

Reporter: Coach, so far this season you have lost two games. One to a very good Oklahoma side and the other to Pitt who were withut their best player, and now you have been pushed by an average UConn team.

Coach Clevmire1: Would you get to the point. What is your bloody question.

Reporter: What I am trying to say is do you think with all the players you lost and now these results do you think this year is going to be a bit of a rebuilding year for the program?

Coach Clevmire1: I'm sorry, are you sure your done. That's it. Don't have anymore question do ya? right. Well, no not at all. we have still have alot of talent here. I mean now that we have two losses we probably wont be going back to the national championship game this year and as far as winning the BIG EAST goes, it is no longer in our hands we would need some other results to go our way. But, i fell we are very capable of winning all our remaining games and getting a BCS Bowl bid which would obvious;y be a very good season.

Reporter: Coach, Zach Collaros seems to have struggled as starter so far this season. Will you be making a change at all?

Coach Clevmire1: No. As everyone knows Zach has been struggling with a broken toe which obviously afects his passing rhythm as he plants on that foot. So given that i think he has done well. It is getting better by the day so i expect that Zach will do very well the rest of the season.

Reporter: Coach, last season you defence was one of the best in the league but this year you have been giving up alot of yards, especially through the air. Why do you think that is?

Coach Clevmire1: Well, Obviously we lost a few key guys which doesn't help. I mean you just dont replace guys like Andre Revels and Aaron Webster in one year. But what what you forgot to mention is that even though we have been giving up too many yards we lead the nation in interceptions which is where our defence struggled last year. So once we sort a few minor things out we'll be fine.

Reporter: Coach, We haven't heard much about recuiting this year, how is it going for you.

Coach Clevmire1: Fine. We may not hae some of the early, high profile commits that some other teams have but we are closing on a few key recruits. And as we all know it's not where your recuiting class is rated mid season, it's where it is rated at the end that counts like last years #4 rated class in the country.

Coach Clevmire1: Anyway, thanks for your time evryone but i must be going.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati EmptySun 10 Jan 2010, 5:55 pm

Head Coach Clevmire1 - Press Conference- Week 12, 2010

Coach Clevmire1, Opening Statement: Well, we're busy preparing for arguably the best offensive team we've seen in quite some time in Kansas, but I do want to go back to the Rutgers game. We had a big challenge this past weekend against Rutgers, they are ranked amonst the top defenses in the country and play a very physical style of football, but our kids answered that challenge. By and large, we were mistake free for the second week and then from a defensive stand point we played very well and we were physical up front. I was really pleased with the play of Joe Robinson and have been all season long. We really are knocking some teams around.

Reporter: Coach, Joe Robinson is having a phenomenal season and is improving every game. Did you expect him to be this good this early?

Coach Clevmire1: Yes and no. Even though he wasn't very highly reruited I definately new he would be a special player from the first bit of film I saw of him. But I didn't expect it so soon. He is going to be scarey once he gets some more experience and another preseason under his belt.

Reporter: Coach, your team has had an unusually high number of serious injuries this year, do you think it is time to maybe ease up on the players training to prevent more injuries?

Coach Clevmire1: No, not at all. It has nothing to do with the way we work these kidsout if anything that is the reason why there aren't anymore injuries. We are just having one of those years. Just because something goes wrong one year or week or whatever doesn't mean you change something that has worked for you for years.

Reporter: Coach, Kansas has one of the most explosive offenses in the country, how do you plan on beating them?

Coach Clevmire1: Yep. Kansas for a couple of years now has has one of the best passing attacks in the country, but now they have also startedd to run the ball verry well. It is going to be a very tough game. To beat themi think the key is stoping the big plays, thats the thing that kills you when you play them. I am very confident if we shut down their big plays we will win the game.

Coach Clevmire1: Alright everyone, i have to get back to it. We have alot of preperation to get through for kansas.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 6:58 am

Head Coach Clevmire1 - Press Conference- Week 1, 2011

Coach Clevmire1, Opening Statement: This is our year. I am going to make it clear right from the outset. Our Offense is going to be one of the most explosive in the country lead by senior Zach Collaros and Junior DJ Woods. We have two top notch running backs in Isaih Pead and Darrin Williams that are both capable of rushing for over 1000 yards. Our defence that was highly ranked last year only lost two starters and has an all ALL AMERICAN defensive line.

This is the year that people no longer refer to Ohio as the Bucceye state, after this year people will refer to Ohio as the Bearcat state.

Reporter: Coach, what are you saying are you garenteeing a National Championship?

Coach Clevmire1: Look, I have said what I said. Read into what you will. You can write any little storys about it you like to sell your magazines and papers.

Reporter: Coach, what do you think about Pitt's nuumber one preseason ranking?

Coach Clevmire1: I would like to know what the voters where smoking, cause i would like to get my hands on some. It must be some heavy stuff. But seriously, Pitt had a very good season last year and finish strongly but they did lose alot of key starters and i also think there are alot of teams better than them at the moment.

Reporter: Which Teams?

Coach Clevmire1: Well us for one.

Reporter: Well they did beat you last year coach!

Coach Clevmire1: And that wont be happening again.

Coach Clevmire1: Anyway we have training starting shortly so I need to go but thanks for you time.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 10:59 am

Head Coach Clevmire1 - Press Conference- Week 1, 2011

GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati Cincin11

Coach Clevmire1, Opening Statement: Well, last week wasn't the prettiest game we have ever played but we got the win. Even though we were behind at the half by double digits against a very good Ohio State team at the shoe these kids rallied and powered home for the win. I am really pleased with these kids for that.

But that is in the past, this week we have an equallytough game against Oregon State. We have played them once before during my time here and we came away with the win and we will be looking to do the same this week.

Reporter: Coach, Oregon State this year lost their two best players to the NFL and also have the starting quarterback out with a long term injury. How do you think that wil affect them?

Coach Clevmire1: Well the players they lost are the Rogers brothers. Both first round draft picks. You cant replace players like that in one season. You cant replace players like that in a decade. So obviously their offense is going to suffer especially without Katz aswell. But i know their coach pretty well and he will be determined for those losses not to affect his plans for this team this year.

Reporter: Coach, how do you plan on beating them?

Coach Clevmire1: By having a higher score at the end of the fourth quarter.

Reporter: That's not what I meant coach.

Coach Clevmire1: Well that's the answer I'm giving you.

Reporter: Coach, Your name has been linked to many high profile coaching job's that will be opening up at the end of the year and this is the last year oif your contract. So will be be leaving at the end of this season?

Coach Clevmire1: You must be confusing me for Lane Kiffen. This the first I have heard of any of this. But I can assure everyone that as of right now I am 110% commited to this program.

Coach Clevmire1: That will be all. Thanks
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati EmptyTue 02 Feb 2010, 11:10 am

Head Coach Clevmire1 - Press Conference- Week 1, 2012

Coach Clevmire1, Opening Statement: Just a comment about last week. We were really happy and proud to get off to a good start, playing good football, and doing things like we like to see our team play. We played hard in all three phases.

Reporter: What did you make of true freshman Donnell Davis's performance in his first college game?

Coach Clevmire1: Obviously, it was really exciting to see Donnell Davis take charge of his duties and do a really good job with it. I am really pleased with the way he has conducted himself so far given that he is straight out of high school.

Reporter: Coach, your #1 nationally ranked defense has lost some key starters from last year, do you expect to struggle a bit this year?

Coach Clevmire1: Your right. we lost All American defensive tackle Derek Wolfe, All Big East linbacker J.K. Schaffer, All Big East corners Jamar Howard and Dominique Battle and All American Saftey Drew Frey. But despite those loses I expect our defense to be better than last year because we have returning All Americans Joe Robinson, Dan Giordano, Walter Stewart and Pat Lambert who will provide the leadership and also a couple of guys who I am sure will be joining them as All Americans at the end of the season.

Reporter: Coach, will you be guarenteeing a National Championship this year like last year! (laughs)

Coach Clevmire1: Listen here mate. I dont appreciate your smart ass remarks. so if you have anymore you can piss off!

Now that we are done with that idiot I just want to clarify what i meant last season. I never guarenteed a championship. all I was saying is that I thought we would have a very good season. Obviously it didn't pan out the way I thought it would with the talent we had but it was still a fairly successfull season after bringing home the Sugar Bowl.

Coach Clevmire1: Right well I am quite busy and will have to leave it there.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati EmptySun 14 Feb 2010, 9:18 am

Bearcats Wrap Up Practice For North Carolina

GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati 0

Miami Gardens, FLA-- The No. 2 ranked Cincinnati Bearcats football team wrapped up preparations for No. 1 North Carolina with its last full practice today at the Barry University Sports Complex. The Bearcats practiced for two hours in shells for the second consecutive day under great South Florida weather conditions.

"I think the most important thing is getting our players focused on playing in the game, and there's obviously a lot of distractions in any Bowl game, but I think we've handled it with quite a bit of maturity in terms of the way we've been able to focus on practice and doing things right and playing against a very good North Carolina team," Cincinnati head coach Clevmire1 said at today's media day.

"At this point it's almost like getting on a flight; it takes a long time to board and check your bags and all that kind of stuff, but now we're ready to take off, and you've got to go through your checklist and make sure you get it right and do it right and get ready to go out there and play your best game of the year."

No. 2 Cincinnati (12-0, 7-0 BIG EAST) and No. 1 North Carolina (13-0, 9-0 ACC) will meet in the BCS National Championship Game on Monday, Jan. 8, 2013, at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla. The game will be nationally televised by ABC Sports.

Cincinnati will conduct a final walk through on tomorrow and head over to Sun Life Stadium to get comfortable with the facility which features a new playing surface before the game starts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati   GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati Empty

Back to top Go down

GoBEARCATS.com - Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati
Page 1 of 1