Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Rules For This Year

Go down 
+2
chAdyP0408
LongGONE24
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

New Rules For This Year Empty
PostSubject: New Rules For This Year   New Rules For This Year EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 6:19 am

I've been thinking about the rules we need to imploment to ensure this dynasty runs as SIM AS POSSIBLE.

Let it be known that I want this to be a sim league. I don't want to hear from users that certain others are cheeser's and after some feedback from a couple of you in private I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to outlaw any specific style of play or using certain game plans. I want everyone to enjoy their experience as much as possible here and please list some concerns any of you may have to help ensure that.

When you play a user game, the forum will help in organizing rules and the type of game you will play against your opponent. So what I think the best decision to make is that you must organize what you can and can't do before playing your game. Personally, I'll be asking who I play to not use run commit EVERY SINGLE PLAY. Sometimes it's obvious what an offence will do and the way EA implemented this strategy simply ruins the entire game, IMO.

Scrambling out of the pocket is an issue and while I may even be guilty of it myself on certain plays, I won't do it every passing play and will ask MY opponents not to over use sprinting out with your QB. It's obviously going to happen in any/every game a few times, especially if the other user is jumping snap, bringing extra pressure on a specific side. I know the intention is to ensure your QB has enough time to throw the ball accurately without getting touched by a defender and potentially putting it in the air for an easy pick six.

So while I want to make sure there's some rules here of play, I want you as the user to communicate with your opponent about what you find exceptable and what you want to avoid them doing. I think this is the easiest and will prove the most efficient set of rules we can use.

If a defense stops you and forces a punt, you should keep it real and punt the ball away. Stopping an offence in this game in three downs is pretty rewardable, IMO. I think users should punt on 4th everytime unless they're down by more than a touchdown late in the game and you don't have the lead or if you feel it may be the last possession you can have in the game.

Certain users use some plays others consider cheese so if you're planning on doing something that's been mentioned here about potential cheese - let them know. If it's cool that both users use run commit or sprinting with QB - fine go right ahead. I just don't want users to get upset and leave the OD if they feel they lost simply due to cheese.

Just trying to look out for the entire OD's best interest.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: New Rules For This Year   New Rules For This Year EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 6:27 am

I think this is a great idea! That way both users know exactly what will and will not be acceptable in the their game. The only problem I forsee is with buc's bro in law cause he is unable to get on the forum, but other than that this is the best idea anyone has had so far
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: New Rules For This Year   New Rules For This Year EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 6:31 am

Yea well bucs bro must have net access he cud make himself avail twice on the forums or you could do the msging thru PSN thanks for the feedback I just want everyone to have fun.
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: New Rules For This Year   New Rules For This Year EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 7:40 am

I think run commit is a joke. All the other dynasties I'm in, have banned it. The idea isn't a bad one. But as usual, EA has implemented it poorly. Using R/C should involve risk vs. reward. However, being EA likes to half ass things, there is no risk involved. If your opponent passes, there really isn't a downside. However, if they run, 11 players take off for the line of scrimmage like its wal-mart on black friday. I never use it.... ever. I would also prefer that it be banned, being that it is totally unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: New Rules For This Year   New Rules For This Year EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 7:41 am

yea i never use run commit either...its way outta hand
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: New Rules For This Year   New Rules For This Year EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 7:43 am

I find it hard not to use it when it's 3rd and short and I know theyre just trying to stuff it up the middle. That's just about the only time I'll ever use it. I used to use it against the CPU but I've since dropped that habit and my pass D reflects that.
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: New Rules For This Year   New Rules For This Year EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 7:48 am

never once used run commit in this dynasty however i always jump snap aggressive and big hit aggressive before every game hope thats not a problem
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: New Rules For This Year   New Rules For This Year EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 7:57 am

Just make sure you figure out rules for your user games with your users. Now you're active on here we shouldn't have any problems.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: New Rules For This Year   New Rules For This Year EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 8:19 am

I'm not even sure how u do run commit lol...so no, i don't use it ever...
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: New Rules For This Year   New Rules For This Year EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 9:13 am

cokanblues wrote:
never once used run commit in this dynasty however i always jump snap aggressive and big hit aggressive before every game hope thats not a problem

I do the same so it's not a big deal with me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Rules For This Year   New Rules For This Year Empty

Back to top Go down

New Rules For This Year
Page 1 of 1