Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights Empty
PostSubject: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 12:05 am

OOC - I'm sorta bored and I need my Q4TB fix so I decided to do a little write-up about the HS All American Army Game and potential underclassmen who've had good seasons potentially entering the NFL draft early.

With the 2010 season coming to an end the Bowl Series has had no lack of action, excitement and drama. With terrific young players making an incredible impact on their team, the desire to elect early for the NFL draft is strong for some players who won't want to risk the potential of a college injury and for some their draft stock simply could only decrease after having such a great season.

The US Army All American Bowl for high school players took place this afternoon, many players making it official where they would be spending their college career. The Alamodome in San Antonio had a packed house of nearly 35,000, many of our countries veterans on deck got to see some terrific action and gives the college football junkie their first hand look at some of the biggest players who will be playing at the college level beginning next season.

The storyline behind the Army Game was the plethora of offensive and defensive linemen really showcasing their skills this afternoon in their final game setting they'd be the oldest players at the high school level. Many of the high profile coaching names in the NCAA were in attendance, we caught up with a few.

"This recruiting class is by far the most advanced, especially for a coach in this business. The ammount of players who can come in and are expected to have the ability to contribute immediately is astronomical in comparison to previous years. It's really a nice group of kids to look at because the top 100 list of players is littered with linemen and other non-skilled positions that are typically easier to learn and to have an early impact at the college level on," Ole Miss Coach Shaun Macc had to say about the action.

The West had dominated this game in it's early years, winning the games first 4 of 6. The way the teams divided this year is an interesting story because on paper the West dominates with 4 of the top projected recruits, the East however really dominating from 5 through 20.

The East's offence was powered behind Cincinnati commitment, QB Chris Freeman (Bloomfield, MI). Chris announced he's officially going to be a Bearcat after he'd put up over 200 yards in just the first half. The entire Cincinnati coaching staff was caught on tape watching in anticipation, lead by Coach Clevmire - seen high fiving eachother and hugging eachother as Chris put on the Bearcats hat.

"We've got a terrific prospect in Chris. We couldn't be happier about the future of our organization having signed this kid on. He's got college ready size and a college ready arm, as you have all seen. He will be a great kid to have on our team. Who knows what can happen in Spring Camp, he could come out and really impress us. He'll certainly be competeing for the job," Coach Clevmire said about the #1 QB in the game.

Freeman utilized his East weapons in his future teammate, Cinci commitment WR Ross Perry from Lansdale, PA for two touchdown scores early in the game. Perry ignited the East offence, proving he's the "do it all wideout" as he was featured in end-around hand offs and even a few plays running the Wildcat. If the two have the connection they showed today in Cincinnati, Big East defensive co-ordinators are in for a nightmare.

Freeman also had a weapon in Ole Miss commitment WR Adam Gray from Grambling, LA. Gray was among the fastest on the field at all times, burning corners and making big plays. His finest, coming on a jump ball thrown perfectly by Freeman in the 2nd quarter that Gray outran his opponent to the corner and leaped to make the terrific highlight reel one handed grab for 6. Gray got his announcement out of the way before the game started to the Miss staff, it was a sigh of relief.

"I really just want to be a Rebel. It was between them and Michigan and it was a tough decision because both schools have such a terrific heritage. What it boiled down to was being really comfortable with Coach Macc and the Rebel staff and what they had to offer me when I visited. My family wanted me to go to Michigan for the education aspect, but I want to play pro ball man! I'ma be the next Dexter McCluster baby!" Adam said.

The West, however proved to be no slouch - their offence was lead by TCU commitment QB Dan Seward from Brownfield, Texas. Seward showed his terrific arm strength and QB knowledge all afternoon making great reads and distributing beautiful passes. Coach Buc was on the scene and extatic about his QB commitment who he mentions has been a big fan of TCU for awhile now.

"Talking to this kids father and him since middle school has really helped our staff out in recruiting this kid. His father's a big TCU/Texas fan so we what helped us land his commitment was our Big 12 title last year having it be the first year we were invited into the Big 12. He was highly recruited apparently but thankfully he stuck to his early word and he'll be a Horned Frog. He has probably the best college-ready QB build in this class and argueably the best arm strength. He's a baller," Coach Buc said.

Seward had terrific targets all afternoon in WRs Illinois commit Jamie Ivey of Mesquite, Texas and Oregon State commit Edgar Baker of Payette, Idaho. Baker proved to be the steady, terrific route runner who was always where he needed to be. Ivey was the big, tall target at 6'5 who was probably the fastest player in the entire game. His terrific mixture of size and speed is a great asset to the Illinois staff.

"We're really happy that we've signed Jamie. He is a monster, a HUGE target for our QBs and as you saw the fastest guy on the field out there. We clocked him running a 4.34 in his official visit and he said that's not his fastest time. This kid is a burner and will most defenitely be competeing in Spring for a spot on our starting roster," Coach Gang said.

Ivey was a mismatch for the East corners, his size just too much to guard while trying to keep up with him. He finished the game with 2TDs and over 100 yards receiving.

West MLB and Kansas commitment, Thomas Davis was tracking ball carriers down all game proving to be the steady, do it all MLB that will help in pass protection or break plays up in the backfield. He announced his commitment to KU at half-time while the East was lead by the play of MLB Fred Harrison, UNC commitment from Duluth, GA. Harrison proves he is certainly college ready accounting for 8 tackles in just the first half alone.

The half ended with a score tied at 21-21 with two terrific quarterbacks leading the way. The Army HS player of the year award was handed out in between commitment ceremonies and given to UNC commit WR Chase Hall. Chase had a terrific season receiving for over 2,000 yards with 20TDs in a tough talent pool in Arizona. Chase surprised everybody with his UNC commitment, travelling all the way across the country to play in the East coast.

The second half began with some fireworks, second half East starter Miss commitment QB Shaun Chambers took his team to the field and became a tough task early for the West defence. Shaun showed his terrific running and passing ability all day and was making tacklers miss with his 4.6 speed. Shaun worked exclusively with uncommitted RB Tyler Williams of Iron Mountain, MI. Coach Macc watched closely as his big QB commitment worked with Williams who is still very undecided. Shaun and Tyler had a great option play that went the distance and a camera caught the reaction of Coach Macc who appeared to be pleasently surprised as Williams ran down the sideline giving the East the 28-21 lead.

Williams did not declare at the game says he'll wait until National Signing Day to weigh in all of his options properly. However, he made a case that he's one of the best players to look out for.

WR Tremayne Wheeler of Bay Shore, NJ had argueably the best second half of any offensive player. He allowed Shaun to display his amazing arm strength when the West D over persued his running ability. Wheeler who has 4.5 speed and probably the best overall set of hands in this class and is the best route runner by far - ran a post that beat his opposing corner for an easy 64 yard bomb that Chambers put right in his hands. Wheeler is still very undecided, did not declare but told cameras it's a big battle between Cinci, Clemson, Michigan and Rutgers.

"Right now? Right now it's Cinci. But you never know what happens..." he said.

The second half for the West was all done on the ground. #3 overall RB Chris Harris a Cinci commitment from Air Force Academy, CO burned defences with his speed all afternoon. Harris made a case that the Bearcats have argueably the most talented recruiting class thus far, recording over 100 yards in the second half alone. His ability to cut, read holes and burn defences in open space make him a real threat to vy for starting time next season.

If it wasn't Harris, it would be RB Doug Smith from Paris, Texas. Smith announced his commitment to Mississippi at half-time and warned the viewers about him in the second half. Smith did not let down, instead he rushed for over 100 yards and 2 scores.

"I really wanted TCU. Unfortunately, I slipped under the radar. Coach Macc was great through the recruiting process and displayed a genuine interest for me at his school so that's what it came down to. The comparison between me and their current AA back Brandon Bolden really sold me on the fact that I could have some legit success at the next level and early," Smith said.

Smith's a power runner who runs a 4.5 with great vision and the ability to see holes in the blocking game. He's terrific at waiting for his blocks and has the speed to burn you if he gets outside.

The Army game finished with some commitment ceremonies as well as the annual MVP of the All American Army Bowl. In a tough decision, it was handed to Tremayne Wheeler who remains uncommitted. Tremayne had a great game and has proven he's the most college ready with great skills from the receiver position.

"We'll see where it goes from here after this. I don't expect any attention from anyone before this game to have ANY impact on my status. It's between Cinci, Clemson and Michigan right now. I'm really leaning Cinci, though. I'll wait until National Signing Day," Wheeler said.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 5:09 am

dude that was sick. u gotta do this every year. n i had better get on signing tremayne.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 5:21 am

Yeah man I had fun doing this. I love doing this kind of stuff. Glad you read it. I'll do this next season, too. I wouldn't have mentioned him if you weren't on the cusp of signing him I know that I kind of brought attention to him but I think he's yours after week one. Glad you didn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 6:58 am

A+
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 7:05 am

zscott10 wrote:
A+

lol good read?
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 7:21 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
zscott10 wrote:
A+

lol good read?
great read....just wish I could recruit, maybe next year Stanford will have a player in the Army All Star Game.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 7:30 am

Ahhh man I tried my best to encorporate everyone. I know Clev got a ton of love.
Back to top Go down
ggang21

ggang21

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 7:40 am

wow that was crazy macc. LOL i am looking forward to Jamie Ivey lol he's gonna be a beast
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 7:41 am

Duuude. You got a STUD man lol. His ball skills could use some work but he'll be alrite man. He's cut out to be a fuckin BEAST. 6'5 n 4.34 or something. Cmon now man.
Back to top Go down
ggang21

ggang21

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 7:42 am

yeah him and Cordale Scott are going to be the Twin Towers lol
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 7:47 am

Yo if Cordale keeps beastin it like you did against me you got your passing game set bruh. Straight up 2010 Thorpe winner Derrick Herman wasn't scared to go head first against ANYONE in the league but for some reason he didn't feel like tackling Cordale. "Nah bro, go ahead take a touchdown" WTF lol
Back to top Go down
ggang21

ggang21

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 7:52 am

lol Cordale did man handle him lol. I forgot your boy won that award
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 7:55 am

LOL that shit was CRAZY. He didn't get trucked by anyone all season, my solid... I watched that play a few times and still can't figure out what happened lol.
Back to top Go down
ggang21

ggang21

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 8:06 am

hey what time is the NC going down
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 8:07 am

If it's not goin' down right now it should be real soon. I'm buggin' about whose going to want to go pro. I wanna get my SR season outta Bolden.
Back to top Go down
ggang21

ggang21

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 8:19 am

lol i dont want to get my SR season out of LeShoure lol i hope he goes pro because i have some really good backs that are ready to step up
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 9:11 am

yea this is an awesome read Macc...

Glad to see my Frosh QB.....getting some love!

Good Job
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 9:17 am

Yea he'll be a good one dude...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights   2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights Empty

Back to top Go down

2010 HS Army Bowl Highlights
Page 1 of 1