Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coaching Moves

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptySat 23 Jan 2010, 9:34 am

starting a new thread...in regards to coaching changes at the end of the season...give me your thoughts? do you like the idea? some rough guidelines

Possible
1-Only two max team coach can move after the off season...Team with the highest ranking get's first shot, if they pass, goes to the team with the 2nd highest ranking etc...down the list...reason for only two, is i think it's important that every coach does his best to recruit, rs, cut players etc during the season...If there were no limits to how many coach's could move, then folks may not do the best they could at some of these task.

2-You have to move to a team with at least one star lower then your at and a 4* or lower minium

3-Team your going to has to have a .500 W/L for the season or lower

4-Can't make the move till the season is over, and the new season is about to began...ensuring that all coach's will recruit, cut, pos changes the best of there ability, because they would not be quaranteed they would be the coach transfering

Here is a look at some teams that may fall into the catagory this year
Georgia 2-6 but 5* (may go down 4*?)
Florida 3-3 but 5* (may go down 4*?)
UCLA 3-5 3*
Washington 2-4 4*
Arizona 3-3 3*
Arizona State 0-8 3*
San Diego State 1-5 1* (I may want to get back on the west coast)
Notre Dame 2-3 6* (porbable never get lower then a 5* lol)
Michigan 3-4 4*(coach Harbaugh may move back to his alma)
Louisville 1-4 2*
Texas A&M 3-3 4*
Texas 4-4 5* (may go down to 4*?)
Oklahoma State 2-5 4*
Colorado 1-6 4*
Clemson 3-5 4*
Wake Forest 1-6 4*
Freson State 1-6 2*
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptySun 24 Jan 2010, 1:54 am

About recruiting, we'll ONLY be talking Coaching Changes right BEFORE we advance into the new season to prevent coaches from ruining their former teams recruiting and so they'll be assuming until that time that they'll be at that school so obviously you'll WANT to do that recruiting. We WON'T be making coaching changes until the new preseason - it's only fair that's how we did it with Chris and changing schools is a building process not something you should be simply just rewarded from.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptySun 24 Jan 2010, 1:58 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
About recruiting, we'll ONLY be talking Coaching Changes right BEFORE we advance into the new season to prevent coaches from ruining their former teams recruiting and so they'll be assuming until that time that they'll be at that school so obviously you'll WANT to do that recruiting. We WON'T be making coaching changes until the new preseason - it's only fair that's how we did it with Chris and changing schools is a building process not something you should be simply just rewarded from.

agree 100% Macc...do you have any thoughts on how many are able to move, do you want to put a limit on it, and if so, what do you think is the best way to determine that?
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptySun 24 Jan 2010, 2:03 am

I think for ammount of moves you hit the nail with two per year. I however don't think it should go RIGHT to who had the best record - I think we should do like a carousel for instance you'd be the last to be offered a change because you've allready moved. I doubt there will much more than two requests to transfer each season. So I guess that COULD decide who WANTS to trade - records and user game records maybe?
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptySun 24 Jan 2010, 2:09 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
I think for ammount of moves you hit the nail with two per year. I however don't think it should go RIGHT to who had the best record - I think we should do like a carousel for instance you'd be the last to be offered a change because you've allready moved. I doubt there will much more than two requests to transfer each season. So I guess that COULD decide who WANTS to trade - records and user game records maybe?

I think 2 is a good number...looking at the list of possible team, there really isn't to many desirable picks IMHO..and imagine it will be hard for some of us to move after building up a team to 5 ot 6* plus the recruits being brought in.....
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 2:11 am

yea thats my thinking, its hard to make a move after I am building something here...starting to get some big time recruits and what not.

I might stay a few more years then after that my go onto "my heart decision" which would be Ohio State, if they start to suck and fall under this category.

Would anyone wanna look at what Ohio State looks like this season and lemme know?

I am at work or I would. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 8:11 am

Man I really want to move to Ohio State, they are 5* right now, but they have two losses right now, and may move down a star, but their record may not be at .500 or below...

So the team has to have BOTH of these criterias met?
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 8:16 am

BucNutts wrote:
Man I really want to move to Ohio State, they are 5* right now, but they have two losses right now, and may move down a star, but their record may not be at .500 or below...

So the team has to have BOTH of these criterias met?

i would say yes,,,must be 4* or lower with a 500 w/l or worse...put them on your schedule so thet take a loss
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 8:27 am

Naww if they drop down to 4*'s I think that would be more than enough - in my eyes. In Ohio State a 7-6 or even 8-5 season would be MORE than enough for Buckeye Nation to want to replace a coach. And Buc I don't think they need to meet that criteria to drop a star I think they just have to not meet any of the 3 coaching goals.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 8:29 am

I'll just keep an eye on them and see.

My thinking was with Mac...at OSU if there was a 7-5 season and a mediocre bowl, they would want a new coach lol.

But we'll just wait and see..no decision has been made for the Coach Phillips (TCU Offensive Coordinator Smile )
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 8:32 am

Yeah I'm building at Ole Miss myself but it's always tempting to switch schools especially to one who we weren't allowed to use when we started. I would love to take over Michigan, Tennessee or even Florida. I do believe though as they lower in prestige just winning a bowl game becomes one of the coaching goals - which would keep them where they are in terms of prestige.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 8:40 am

True

Ii have my eyes on:

Ohio St.
Va Tech
Nebraska
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 8:41 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
Yeah I'm building at Ole Miss myself but it's always tempting to switch schools especially to one who we weren't allowed to use when we started. I would love to take over Michigan, Tennessee or even Florida. I do believe though as they lower in prestige just winning a bowl game becomes one of the coaching goals - which would keep them where they are in terms of prestige.

IMHO it should be both...4* or less and .500 or worse to see a job open up....just my 2 cent...but I think Macc needs to write out some strict guidlines....because I would also be interested in moving to Michigan, Miami but it needs to be a fair process...hence the quidlines in place.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 8:41 am

lol you're at Auburn for awhile Chris. You need not worry buddy lol.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 8:43 am

But yeah, I don't think the under .500 is neccesary I mean I know Auburn wasn't when you took them over - they gave me hell last season. I wouldn't want any unfair treatment or anything. I think the only thing I'd be worried about is the 4* or less prestige. Because that was the only guideline when starting this.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 8:43 am

I'll do some thinking and write something up. Maybe hop on the chat box if you're on for a bit or I could hop on AIM if you've got it? We could get a big chat going with whoevers on about it.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 8:45 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
lol you're at Auburn for awhile Chris. You need not worry buddy lol.

oh come now...that's not fair...Michigan would have been in play last year...along with Georgia if it was an either or thing in regards to W-L or prestige?....Coach Harbaugh has always viewed Auburn as a stepping stone LOL
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 8:46 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
I'll do some thinking and write something up. Maybe hop on the chat box if you're on for a bit or I could hop on AIM if you've got it? We could get a big chat going with whoevers on about it.

i will see you in the chat box...lol, is that like the penelty box for you hockey players?
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 8:46 am

lol it wouldn't be fair at all to let you change schools before everyone else gets the opportunity. If everyones fine staying by the time the carousel gets back to you then sure if you find a school you like but I don't want you skipping around schools like Lane Kiffin. You came in an ruined my three-peat SEC Championship and you're allready thinking another change!!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 9:15 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
lol it wouldn't be fair at all to let you change schools before everyone else gets the opportunity. If everyones fine staying by the time the carousel gets back to you then sure if you find a school you like but I don't want you skipping around schools like Lane Kiffin. You came in an ruined my three-peat SEC Championship and you're allready thinking another change!!

lol...not trying to be a Kiffin bitch..by the way is Tennessee available...I will stick with Auburn, it's just I was hoping for Michigan/Georgia when I made the jump....but I undersand being last in line to make the move...so is 2 moves the max per season? I will talk with you in chat.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 12:23 pm

die hard florida fan here and im bored looking through all the stuff on here and i saw that they are 5-6.... dunno if i would wanna make the jump after only one year though but it hurts to see my team sink so low lol
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 1:19 am

titangator wrote:
die hard florida fan here and im bored looking through all the stuff on here and i saw that they are 5-6.... dunno if i would wanna make the jump after only one year though but it hurts to see my team sink so low lol

I think Macc is putting together some guidelines...but I think with a group of teams, Florida would fall into this group, you have to be 4* or less and have to be .500 W/L or less....for all other teams I think the guideline is 4* or less only?...I also think there is a max amount of coach moment, 2? Not sure how Macc wants to figure out who has first pick though?
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 7:07 am

It will go in accordance to rankings after the National Championship is played. I'll make a new topic and post my notes from our group chat.
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptySat 30 Jan 2010, 2:58 am

i think im going to move schools im tired of this big 10 conference getting screwed over for the title... its a load of shit
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves EmptySat 30 Jan 2010, 3:03 am

haha that sucks lol.

Did Illinois get the nod again? who had the better overall record?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coaching Moves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching Moves   Coaching Moves Empty

Back to top Go down

Coaching Moves
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next