Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON! Empty
PostSubject: Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON!   Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON! EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 5:43 am

Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON! Seastrunk.Lake.TempleHS.TX.Headshot2
Brandon Oliver
Duck Sports Authority Staff Writer

Talk about it in The Casanova Center
The Oregon Ducks have a strong history at the running back position with the likes of Rueben Droughns, Maurice Morris, Onterrio Smith and Jonathon Stewart toting the rock for the Ducks in the past decade. After a highly scrutinized recruitment, five-star running back Lache Seastrunk out of Temple, Texas has decided that he wants to be the next in line in Oregon's high powered offense. The number 26 overall player in the Rivals100 announced his intentions to sign with Chip Kelly and the Oregon Ducks in a press conference at his high school today.

Lache Seastrunk becomes the fourth US Army All-American in Oregon's recruiting class of 2010.
The home run threat was long thought to be a Southern California lean or even a silent commit while Pete Carroll was still in charge. That was also before he visited Oregon in December and had a chance to familiarize himself with the Oregon staff, players, facilities and community.

Rumors have been running wild in recent weeks as it was made known that Auburn and LSU, two long time favorites decided not to pursue the Texas star. After LSU lost their running backs coach and super recruiter Larry Porter to Memphis, Seastrunk added the Conference USA school to his ever changing list. In the past week, a local challenger appeared as Baylor came on hard in an attempt to keep the local star in state. Baylor, who has always been in the conversation but never seemed to be a true threat, made a strong push, but in the end, all signs pointed to the University of Oregon.

Seastrunk runs with a style that seems custom made for Chip Kelly's system at Oregon, which is designed to get play makers out in space in one on one match ups. In the end, the Ducks managed to do enough to convince a second elite Texas running back to join their class of 2010. Not only do they now have a verbal commitment from number four running back nationally according to Rivals.com, but they also have Dontae Williams of Houston, TX (Aldine).

Seastrunk and Williams shared the backfield together in the Hawaii/Polynesia-Mainland Bowl back in December and struck up a friendship that looks like it will carry over to Eugene, Or and their college careers. Fellow Texan, Lamichael James had a breakout season as a red-shirt freshman for the Ducks during their 2009, PAC-10 Championship season. Seastrunk sees the talent and competition as a good thing and the Ducks now have a very impressive depth chart full of high-level running backs out of the state of Texas.

After the recent commitment of four-star athlete Keanon Lowe, the Ducks moved up to number twenty in the Rivals.com Team Recruiting Rankings and seem poised to make another jump after adding their first five-star prospect since landing Jonathon Stewart back in 2005.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON!   Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON! EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 7:05 am

nice get for them. should fit into their style of play nicely IMO
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON!   Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON! EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 7:39 am

Big signing. Not sure why he committed there he'll be behind LeMichael and correct me if I'm wrong Chris but aren't the GENERALLY the same prototype? LeMichael had a big season so that would limit his carries... but maybe early playing time isn't an issue for him? Or maybe they'll find ways to get him the ball in the spread option. Either way he should be a problem for us Trojans for the next 4 years. *Sigh*.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON!   Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON! EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 8:18 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
Big signing. Not sure why he committed there he'll be behind LeMichael and correct me if I'm wrong Chris but aren't the GENERALLY the same prototype? LeMichael had a big season so that would limit his carries... but maybe early playing time isn't an issue for him? Or maybe they'll find ways to get him the ball in the spread option. Either way he should be a problem for us Trojans for the next 4 years. *Sigh*.

they may have him slotted for Tazar type position...ala Reggie Bush....Ducks have done a good job of spreading around the carries...Back in the day both O Smith/M Morris went over a 1000 yards, two years ago both J Johnson and L Blount each had a 1000 yards...The year before J Stewart had around 1600 and J Johnson was on his way before getting hurt (i would have to double check)...they may move K Barner back to D, and with Lache, LMJ3, and 4* D Willliams, also from Texas this year we should be loaded...
Also rumor that QB J Masoli may have some legal trouble you could see JR Darron Thomas this year, very similar to Dennis Dixon, and he is from Texas also....
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON!   Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON! EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 8:20 am

Damn lol. Oregon's loading up with Texas talent. Better Texas than stealin' from Cal, IMO lol.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON!   Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON! EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 8:34 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
Damn lol. Oregon's loading up with Texas talent. Better Texas than stealin' from Cal, IMO lol.

Cal is still there bread and butter as far as recruiting bases....but Chip Kelly has def takin recruiting all over the country...Have a kid from North Carolina, Florida, and was set for Domique Easley DT from NY to announce at the ARMY All-Star...but the kid had such a good week of practice that other Florida Recuits called Urban Meyer and said they had to offer him, which was his dream school and he accepted Mad
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON!   Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON! EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 8:41 am

It's not going to be as easy for me to cheer for USC. I don't think I'll be as dedicated simply because Pete was probably the biggest reason why I'm a fan there. I don't like the lack of honour in the program, I don't like the fact that the kids always showboat even during meaningless plays where the score is being run and I really don't like the inconsistency of their players staying out of trouble. It's hard for me because I'm Canadian, right? I don't have a hometown school and personally - I don't really like Michigan never really have (who are most around heres favourite team). In college every 4-5 years it's an entirely new team so really what I liked was the way Pete coached and the way he handled media and just generally his outlook of the game. Now, I hope Kiffin doesn't just destroy the entire image and ruin it for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is if that happens I may broaden my liking for other and different teams. As much as I HATE Oregon (and have been brought up to hate them) I really like their "new program" look in terms of jerseys, gameplanning and style of play. Congradulations on the big signing Seastrunk will be a beast!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON!   Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON! EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 8:44 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
It's not going to be as easy for me to cheer for USC. I don't think I'll be as dedicated simply because Pete was probably the biggest reason why I'm a fan there. I don't like the lack of honour in the program, I don't like the fact that the kids always showboat even during meaningless plays where the score is being run and I really don't like the inconsistency of their players staying out of trouble. It's hard for me because I'm Canadian, right? I don't have a hometown school and personally - I don't really like Michigan never really have (who are most around heres favourite team). In college every 4-5 years it's an entirely new team so really what I liked was the way Pete coached and the way he handled media and just generally his outlook of the game. Now, I hope Kiffin doesn't just destroy the entire image and ruin it for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is if that happens I may broaden my liking for other and different teams. As much as I HATE Oregon (and have been brought up to hate them) I really like their "new program" look in terms of jerseys, gameplanning and style of play. Congradulations on the big signing Seastrunk will be a beast!

it's never to late, we have plenty of room on the bus if you want to join the Duck Train!
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON!   Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON! EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 8:45 am

lmao NEVER. I just like the program, jerseys and style. I wish USC wouldn't stick so true to their old school philosophies. They should really update the jersey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON!   Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON! Empty

Back to top Go down

Seastrunk the next Texas star headed to OREGON!
Page 1 of 1