Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2011 Conference Championship Week

Go down 
+3
titangator
axspecialk
BucNutts
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BucNutts

BucNutts

2011 Conference Championship Week Empty
PostSubject: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 4:51 am

Big 12 Champ- TCU v Kansas

ACC Champ- UNC v Maryland

SEC CHamp- Auburn v South Carolina
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 5:01 am

TCU Finishes Big, on their way to the National Title Game with a 45-22 Vicotry over Kansas:

In what was a win and your in situation for the Horned Frogs, the men in purple knew what was on the line against a familiar foe. " This is what we play for..Championships, first the Big 12..and if we accomplish that, we get a shot at the ultimate prize"

The Horned Frogs came out prepared and jumped out to an early 10-0 lead. That lead would shrink as Kal Cooper found his TE late in the first quarter to make the score 10-7. That score would hold tru until Heisman candidate scampered from 18 yards out with 3 minutes left in the first half to make it 17-7, after stifiling defense QB Gallegos found WR Boyce in the back of the endzone to really put a distance between the two teams at 24-7 at half.

The tide really turned to start the 3rd Quarter as the ensuing kickoff to kansas was fumbled and returned for a TD to put the game at great odds against Kansas. However, they fired right back midway through with a 72 yard strike from Cooper to Gold, but it wouldnt be enough as TCU drained the clock as much as possible, and in the fourth TImmons went to paydirt from 32 yards out to make the score 42- 15.Kansas got a late score with another TD pass from cooper.

Players of the Game:
TCU- DE R. Forrest 7tkls, 6sks
Kansas- K. Cooper 17-37 335yards 3TD

Heisman Hopefuls:

M. Tucker 19rush for 141 2TD's
B. Mcdougald 5 rec 32yards
TCU will now head to the BCS National Championship for the first time in school history.

Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 5:12 am

ill keep my eye on the forums to see when i play my bowl game and all that but for the most part im out pps.. goodluck to TCU go BIG XII for the nc... macc hit me up in the email if i have to get something done cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 5:26 am

Bored so I decided to an ACC championship pre game write up. Sorry if this is not in right spot or whatever. Oh well lol.

The underdog Maryland Terrapins will square off against the number 1 team in all of college football North Carolina later this afternoon. The Maryland offense is led by three seniors into this game, QB Jamarr Robinson, RB Davin Meggett, and WR Torrey Smith. The Maryland D is led by senior strong safety Kenny Tate and LB Brandon Poole. All 5 of these guy seemed highly motivated and focused in the days leading up to the game. They got a very high powered offense over there on the "baby blue" side of the field, we know you cant completely stop them, but thats what we plan on doing." Said SS Kenny Tate."They have one of the top 5 defenses in the nation," said wide out Torrey Smith, "and they take care of the ball, so thats what we gotta do and tke advantage of every opportunity we get." Keeping UNC's high powered offense will be a big priority of the Terrapins according to coach Hickerson, "We feel like the longer we keep Renner and Womble off the field, the better our chance to win the game is."

If UNC can defeat Maryland and continue its unbeaten season, they will square off with TCU in the national championship. Maryland does not want to let that happen. "We already lost our games this season, its time to hand them one of their own... keeping them out of the national championship is kinda our mini natinal championship I guess, you know what im sayin? We Orange Bowl bound either way, win or lose. If we beat them, they aint even going to a BCS bowl game, thats all the motivation we need right there." Those are words of senior LB Brandon Pooler who appears to be highly motivated and ready to take the field. It will be very interesting to watch this game play out and see how things develop. It could turn out to be one of the best ACC championships in recent memory, it also has the makings for a blowout being handed to Maryland by UNC though... number 1 team in the nation, playing for a berth in the national championship? What more motivation could you need, or want for that matter. Should be a fun one folks, tune in!
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 5:32 am

when are you guys playin jeff.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 5:34 am

hopefully 515 central time.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 5:39 am

hey guys i just logged on to the dyn and it shows on your profiles that both k and bucc both won the game?????
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 5:53 am

clevmire1 wrote:
hey guys i just logged on to the dyn and it shows on your profiles that both k and bucc both won the game?????

I saw this happen to another user game, he got disconnected and I finished against the CPU.

It should register as a win for me, we will just have to keep an eye on it.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 6:50 am

2011 Conference Championship Week 274596

2011 Conference Championship Week AUBURN-LOGO VS 2011 Conference Championship Week SOUTH-CAROLINA-LOGO

Kickoff 7:18
TV: Live ESPN

Back on the field was Auburn QB T Parrish to lead his War Eagles against the Gamecocks looking to avenge there only loss in conference in October....SC took the opeaning kickoff marched down field but was stopped in the red zone, a theme that would occur often, and held to a FG to take the opeaning lead 3-0....T Parrish, behind HB Aycock drive down the field ripping off big chunks of yards adn set up a Parrish TD pass to take the lead 7-3....But behind QB Garcia, just like the first game marched his team down and looked to be going in for the leading TD, but great pressure by DE Ford forced a rushed pass that was picked off by the Auburn CB and taken back 98 yards for the TD 14-3 Auburn....South Carolina moved down the field, but the FG attempt was wide left.....Parrish was picked off by the SC FS and they turned it into another FG...14-6...after a 3 and out, SC moved down the field and score a TD and two point conversion to tie it up 14-14...this was going to be an SEC Classic...in the 2nd half Auburn established it's run game, and timely pass from Parrish built the lead to 28-14...and then a late FG looked to clinch it for Auburn at 31-14...Garcia led the Gamecocks down the field for a TD to cut the lead, and then recoved the onside kick...31-21 was as close as SC would get, as huge sack by DE Ford stalled the final drive, and Parrish took a knee to end the game!

SEC CHAMPS AUBURN!

Last edited by zscott10 on Fri 29 Jan 2010, 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 7:05 am

Yo, sick recap Jeff! I like reading others do this more than just my own. Makes everything more interesting!!
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 7:20 am

Maryland gets dismantled by UNC 27 to 6 in the ACC championship game. "It was obvious that they were just a better team than us tonight," is how a shocked coach Hickerson summed it up. Senior qb Jamarr Robinson had a terrible day, throwing 4 interceptions and 0 touchdowns. Maryland didnt even find the endzone today, only point came off two Nick Ferarra field goals. "I just made some bad decisions out there today, and i feel terrible about it because I know I let my guys around me down. I feel pretty bad and am ready to get on the field again to get this out of our minds," said Robinson. From here, Maryland will go to the Orange Bowl and UNC has booked its spot in the national championship.

"Hats off the the University of North Carolina Tarheels. They played fantastic in every aspect of the game, there special teams kept Caleb in check and then some, he could get nothing going at all for us in the return game which he is usually able to do when we need that spark. Jamarr played like a quraterback I didnt know out there today, definitely his worst game of his career, which comes at a bad time, but im not putting the blame on him whatsoever, everyone plays a bad game it is just more magnified at this level. For the second straight game the opposition has handled Davin, maybe it finally got out that he was one of the best feature backs in the nation(laughing). Nonetheless we have a BCS bowl to prepare for, and last I checked, everybodys goal at the beginning of each season is to be playing after new years, in a BCS bowl. We reached that goal. Good luck to UNC in the national championship and go represent the conference well." This was Coach Hickerson's opening statement following the game.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 7:33 am

Damn sorry bro. If its any condolence Goat CRUSHED me too. He's solid.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 7:35 am

lol its all good, everybody loses... ready for pitt in the orange bowl now i guess lol
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 8:05 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
Damn sorry bro. If its any condolence Goat CRUSHED me too. He's solid.

i beat him though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 8:06 am

zscott10 wrote:
2011 Conference Championship Week 274596

2011 Conference Championship Week AUBURN-LOGO VS 2011 Conference Championship Week SOUTH-CAROLINA-LOGO

Kickoff 7:18
TV: Live ESPN

man spurrier is really bringing it together this year.
Back to top Go down
Get_Hooked13

Get_Hooked13

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 8:48 am

when will we be in bowl week? what are the projected match ups?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/c_shaw13
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 9:37 am

Get_Hooked13 wrote:
when will we be in bowl week? what are the projected match ups?

WE CAN ADV
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 10:18 am

did macc advance yet? whats the bowl situation looking like?
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 10:43 am

It's me and you dude. When you gonna be back to play?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Conference Championship Week   2011 Conference Championship Week Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 Conference Championship Week
Page 1 of 1