Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting EmptyTue 02 Feb 2010, 9:42 pm

The 2012 season kicked off with a bang for the Rebels who hosted the Texas Longhorns this evening and the Rebels came away with a very decisive victory. The future of the program has allready began to look bright because with three graduating seniors at quarterback, the team would need to have recruited at least one before the seasons end. Today, they inked a commitment from Texas prospect - QB Dan Taylor. The Rebels were in deep competition with his boyhood team, the Longhorns and Oklahoma. Rivals reports that Taylor feels most comfortable in an up and coming program that has produced success from dual threat QBs as opposed to Texas and Oklahoma who typically use pro-style QBs. While Taylor's skill set is terrific, he will most likely sit out a year to gain knowledge, experience and confidence with the Miss play book. He is argueably their finest athlete they've recruited at QB since Coach Macc's beginning in the 09 season which says a lot when you look at Frank Larsen and Shaun Chambers.

"I couldn't believe the call I received before he even got here. We were hoping that on his visit we would impress him over the visit and a win over his boyhood team would really put us on the map. But Danny called me this afternoon before he'd left to come to Oxford and said he could sleep last night thinking about being the next Ole Miss QB. He wanted to commit right now, get it out of the way and come enroll for school next semester on his visit so he could focus on the rest of his HS season. We're thrilled to have his skill set here because he is the perfect prototype QB for us," Macc said.

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting BLAKEBELLUA150

DAN TAYLOR ****
Quarterback (#9 QB)
Wharton, Texas
Wharton

Ht: 6'3
Wt: 202 .lbs
40: 4.52
GPA: 3.1

Scouting Report
On The Hoof - Physically, Taylor has terrific size and build for the quarterback position. He has broad shoulders and is thick through the chest as well as a sturdy base and should allready have the size to take college punishment. He looks like your typical pass rushing outside linebacker when you see him with equipment. He will have the height to see over the battle in the trenches so he can deposit the ball.

Needs Improvement - Awareness. Taylor could benefit from improving his reads and realizing he doesn't need to force throws at times. He's about average in terms of camps with kids his age at the QB position and he will consistently make good decisions but his overall awareness and ability to know what to do with the ball at all times could certainly be improved. He could also work on his elusiveness with the ball. He has TERRIFIC straight line speed but when in the open field he won't make very many miss unless he runs past them.

Most Impressive - Speed/Arm. This kid has a terrific set of wheels to go along with his amazing arm strength and accuracy. He doesn't rely on his strength or touch, in fact they're pretty equal and that allows him to make short throws on a dime and medium throws very easily. He could certainly improve his deep ball but over time it will come.

Reminiscent Of - Frank Larsen. The current Ole Miss QB and Taylor have very specific skill sets. Taylor may be a bit faster out of the pocket while Larsen may tend to make better decisions and obviously right now has a stronger arm having been practicing in college for now his third year.

Conclusion - Taylor's status next season should not dictate his upside and potential. He will red shirt only because of the young depth at QB at Ole Miss. If they run into a season like last year where their starter is hurt for 80% of the season - Taylor could see playing time as early as his red shirt freshman year. The program would be nuts to rush this kid into playing with all of the depth they have right now.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 9:49 pm

The Pride Of Westlake, Ohio TE Tez Bryant Signs With Ole Miss!!!

Despite being heavily recruited by some schools closer to his Midwest hometown, the nations best TE prospect has decided to come play for Ole Miss in the SEC. Bryant picks Ole Miss after being heavily sought after by home state - Cincinnati and Big 10 Neighbour school, Iowa.

"What it ultimately came down to was the way the Rebels use their TEs. Ferbia Allen has been a playmaker since day one there and I think I can have a similar career. The Rebels are heavily dependant on big play coming from their TEs and I want to be the next big threat in their offence!" Tez told reporters.

On his week three visit scouts and reporters got a first hand look at why Bradley is considered the best TE prospect in the last decade. His ability to catch the ball in traffic and be literally undefendable as well as his solid blocking ability make this kid a surefire bet to be the Rebels #1 TE when he steps on campus.

The Rebels also inked a commitment this week from #3 ranked MLB Craig Bryant from Swiansboro, Georgia. The LB prospect was recruited by nearly every big name school in the south but ultimately chose Ole Miss this week. His week three visit impressed scouts and coaches with his tenacity, ability to make tackles consistently and the strength he has pushing blockers out of his way. With young depth in talent at the MLB position, Craig will almost certainly be asked to redshirt next season only because the Rebels would like to have four years of starting eligibility out of him.

"I'll remind people of a DT Shackelford, a current MLB at Ole Miss right now. I'll come up and make plays in the running game but I'll be just as dependable in those third and long whens dropping into zone. I can't be happier about the opportunity of being a Rebel next season!!" Craig said.

RebelSports.net will be back within the next couple hours with a full up to date scouting report on these two players and some insight about some future players they have an opportunity to sign on their bye week.

"We've got tons of prospects visiting this week, five in total and we've specifically scheduled these players on our second bye week so that the coaching staff can really focus on bringing these guys in. While I can't give too much information, we HOPE to have a full linebacker class after this week and bulk up our offensive line in a BIG way," Coach Macc said.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 12:59 am

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting 141699
Tez Bradley
Tight End - West Lake High School (OH)
Ht. 6'4 Wt. 219 40 4.62 Rankings #1TE (#5 in ESPNU 150) ESPN Rated *****

Scouting Reports
ESPN - There hasn't been a tight end with the calibre of hands anywhere near Tez Bradley within the past 10 years. He has college ready size, speed and blocking ability for a receiving TE and his ability to catch the ball in traffic is amazing. Bradley dropped jaws throughout the entire college coaching world all season and it's a shock that he's decided where to commit so soon. Coach Macc's recruiting resume increases ten fold with this secure lock for his receiving corps next season.

Reminiscent Of
Dallas Clark - Tez Bradley is a modern day spitting image of Dallas Clark of Iowa state and school fame, but he has the "bad boy" swag of Jeremy Shockey - but is the type of kid that won't get in trouble unless the odd celebration penalty is considered trouble. Bradley's ability to be very consistent in the passing game and a nightmare for a secondary to think about tackling or trying to cover one on one makes him argueably the most college ready receiver in this class, argueably neck and neck with WR Kevin Peoples. Bradley is the type of TE that is a QB's best friend.

The Scoop
Committed Sept. 29/2012 and quotes "the ability to play in the SEC, the recent heritage at Ole Miss especially the current TEs and Ole Miss fan base" were the pitches that made him a Rebel... Currently plays for Westlake Demons (OH)... 2012 Hauled in 23 balls for 578 yards (25 yards per catch) and 10TDs through 6 games so far this year. 2011 Caught 78 passes for 1146 yard (14 yards per catch) and 27Ds leading his team to D2 Ohio State Championship. Named Ohio state player of the year, first team all-city, first team all-state, 2011 Playoff MVP.

Schools Considered
Ole Miss - Offer Yes - Visit Date Week 3 - Interest Level Verbal Commitment
Iowa - Offer Yes - Visit N/A - Interest Level High
Cincinnati - Offer Yes - Visit N/A - Interest Level High
Notre Dame - Offer Yes - Visit N/A - Interest Level Med
Michigan - Offer Yes - Visit N/A - Interest Level Med
Pittsburgh - Offer Yes - Visit N/A - Interest Level Med

Last edited by LongGONE24 on Fri 12 Feb 2010, 8:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 1:25 am

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting ANTHONYBEARD6_23150
Craig Bryant
Middle Linebacker - Lowndes High (GA)
Ht. 6'2 Wt. 233 40 4.64 Rankings #3MLB (#13 in ESPNU 150) ESPN Rated *****

Scouting Reports
ESPN - Everybody and their Rival would've warmly welcomed a linebacker specie like Bryant into their defence with open arms this season. He was recruited by the more successful teams of the south recently but made his decision very quick after what turned out to be a terrific official visit during week 3. One of the more explosive line backers in this class, while he doesn't have blazing speed, he can track down even the fastest of ball carriers and he is a tough assignment for any fullback to block, even at the NCAA level due to the intensity and his high motor that's always running. He has college ready size and will be expected to be an impact player as early as his sophmore year. He is a very strong tackler who won't have many issues making the play when it's possible.

Reminiscent Of
DT Shackelford - Current Rebel and almost mirrors his exact image, size and abilities. He was apparently also very influenced by Shackelford on his visist as he chaperoned him around as the teams representitive. He could end up having a very similar career, expected to start during his sophmore year and have the ability to make big stops in the middle.

The Scoop
Committed Sept. 29/2012 quotes due to "Terrific recent heritage of LB's, a well organized defensive system he feels comfortable with and a legit opportunity to go pro," ... He currently plays for Westlake Demons (OH)... 2012 About midway through his senior year has 42 tackles, 20 assists, 6 tackles for loss and five sacks. 2011 Regeristered 69 tackles, 29 assists, 15 tackles for loss 10 sacks and two interceptions.

Schools Considered
TCU - Offer Yes - Visit N/A - Interest Level High
Auburn - Offer Yes - Visit N/A - Interest Level High
Texas - Offer Yes - Visit N/A - Interest Level Med
Maryland - Offer Yes - Visit N/A - Interest Level Med
North Carolina - Offer Yes - Visit N/A - Interest Level Med
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 12:10 pm

thats some bull shit that you got that tight end i put almost 2 hours on him every week that was literally the only player i wanted and what do you know 2 6 star prestige teams jump out and take him away even though they havent won a NC... Me and TCU's recruiting is terrible my team is still a b overall and hasnt made any progression this is honestly the first year im getting any interest
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 12:15 pm

cokanblues wrote:
thats some bull shit that you got that tight end i put almost 2 hours on him every week that was literally the only player i wanted and what do you know 2 6 star prestige teams jump out and take him away even though they havent won a NC... Me and TCU's recruiting is terrible my team is still a b overall and hasnt made any progression this is honestly the first year im getting any interest

ha. serves u right for beating me in the ship BIATCH. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! just kidding
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 12:35 pm

Dang sorry dude. I got his pitches early believe I was pumping 2 hours into him every week too... He's gonna be a beeeeast.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 12:36 pm

And yo clev when was the last time u ever saw a TE with B hands and A- Catch in Traffic. I had to hype this kid a bit coz I need a playmaker at TE right away and the recruiting class blessed me with this kid lol.
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 1:21 pm

thats cool ill just keep kickin ass with shitty players it works for the pats
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting EmptyWed 10 Feb 2010, 9:07 am

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting CAMFELDT1_27150
William Fields
Guard - Village St. George High School (LA)
Ht. 5'11 Wt. 311 40 4.98 Rankings #3G (#20 in ESPNU 150) ESPN Rated *****

Scouting Reports
ESPN - Few block with the tenacity and overall disposition like William Fields. This run block maniac is far advanced past his age and heads up a solid group of prep athletes at O Line. Fields blocks like a man possessed, especially in the run block and he goes full blast helmet to helmet with just about anyone and allready has the strength to be a dominating force even on his freshman year. Fields demonstrates the initial quickness neccesary to block, pull and trap at the college level allready and he flashes the ability to change direction in space and adjust to second level defenders which he'll have plenty of ability to showcase blocking for current Rebel freshman back, Marc Payne. Fields is an exclusive pull guard who will be a nightmare throwing the lead block even out of one back sets he will allow backs the opportunity to get one on one's consistently. Even helping defend the QB in the pass, Fields is steady and will rely heavily on his brute strength to fend off even the toughest of pass rushers next season. His short height but thick stature allows him to block extremely low and he attacks pad level consistently. Fields will for four years, be that explosive lineman who will make big pops and create huge holes and give your team an opportunity to pound the rock. It would be insane for this kid to not have meaningful playing time in his first season.

Reminiscent Of
Alan Faneca - of former Louisiana high school football fame, the former Steeler and current Jet and 2010 Pro Bowler just LOOKS like Fields on the field. Fields is probably the most recognized offensive linemen from Louisiana since Faneca decided to stay home at Louisiana State for college. Fields may not be nearly as tall but he makes up for it in mass and tenacity. Faneca was the center peice of an offensive line that became Super Bowl Champions and Fields has the size, strength, know how and aggression as well as the leadership qualities to carry his team on his back. The funny thing is, Fields probably could carry the team on his back - literally.

The Scoop
Committed on 10/13/2012 and says "the ability to showcase his skills in the SEC, the recent history of Coach Macc's tracking record and the whole school aspect of Miss we're enough to entrigue him and early interest from Coach Macc certainly helped" w... Currently plays for JC Christian HS in Louisiana....

Schools Considered
Texas - Offer Yes - Visit N/A - Interest Level High
LSU - Offer Yes - Visit N/A - Interest Level High
Oklahoma - Offer No - Visit N/A - Interest Level Med
Kansas - Offer No - Visit N/A - Interest Level Med

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting JAVARIEJOHNSON5_5150
[Brad Barr
Outside Linebacker - Beachwood Community College JU-CO (OH)
Ht. 6'0 Wt. 226 40 4.5 Rankings #1OLB (#29 on ESPNU 150) ESPN Rated ****

Scouting Reports
ESPN - Brad Barr has the proto type OLB size with his compact, thickly proportioned and he possesses very little body fat on his bulky 226 pound frame. He's one of the more physically gifted athletes at linebacker in this years group and he even has the speed to keep up running straight with even the better power runners in the SEC. His tenacity and ability to come up clutch in many different situations is what makes Barr a stand-out athlete and his leadership qualities lead his Beachwood Community College to their first state championship in 20 years, earning the playoff defensive MVP and really opened some doors in his recruiting. Brad understands the fundamentals and beyond about tracking and tackling ball carriers and the angles to take, he's a high motor defensive machine that won't quit. Barr is a perfect fit for the recent linebacker tradition at Miss and he'll redshirt as their current class returns for their senior year and asked to play for as long as he has eligibility for when he's up. Barr could start on more than half of the teams in the SEC next season.

Reminiscent Of
Gary Brackett - Short, quick, solid and very explosive. His pursuit angles remind us exclusively of the former Super Bowl Champ Gary Brackett and his leadership qualities might be the heaviest factor. Barr wants to make big plays and he's been used to being the "go-to-guy" on defence his entire career so stepping into a linebacking class after next season will be easy for the Rebels to swallow when they see what this kid can do, especially after a year of improving. Barr even wears glasses off the field like Mr. Brackett.

The Scoop
Committed on 10/13/2012 and says "The ability to win championships at Miss, the state of the art athletic facilities and field and the recent heritage of fans" attracted him to come play at Miss... Currently plays Junior College football at Beachwood Community and has sparked life into an average football program leading them to their first state title last season....2012 has 45 tackles 20 TFL and 9 sacks this season through six games.

Schools Considered
Tenessee - Offer Yes - Visit N/A - Interest Level High
West Virginia - Offer Yes - Visit N/A - Interest Level High
Pittsburgh - Offer Yes - Visit N/A - Interest Level Med

Last edited by LongGONE24 on Fri 12 Feb 2010, 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting EmptyThu 11 Feb 2010, 11:23 pm

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting CRAIGSANDERS12_8150
Roshawn Hicks
Defensive End - Oakwood High (OH)
Ht 6'2 Wt 244 40 4.62 Rankings #5DE (#122 in ESPNU 150) ESPN Rated ****

Hicks provides a spark of life at the defensive end position with terrific speed and ability to track ball carriers. While he isn't overly powerful he uses a number of different approaches to get off blocks and pound the ball carrier when he has an opportunity. Right now his pursuit angles, tackling ability, agility for a DE and his ability to shed blocks are his strong sets and he'll be a terrific player once he grows into the position of becoming a power run stopper. He has good size for a bull rushing DE at this time and could make the decision to cut to become a speed rusher because he will have better than average speed at the college level DE position or stack on some pounds and really hit the gym hard to push blockers out of his way. Immediately? Hicks adds depth to the Rebels young talented DE's who are waiting in the dark - Derek Larsen and Bryan Davis (who will be sophmores/juniors next season) but should be expected to be a playmaker by his junior year.

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting DYLANCURRY9_16150
Carl Gilmore
Tight End - Monahans HS (TX)
Ht 6'6 Wt 212 40 4.62 Rankings #2TE (#15 in ESPNU 150) ESPN Rated *****

Gilmore's decision to attend Ole Miss is one that shocked and awed the entire college football world. An early commitment from Ohio's TE Tez Bradley argueably the nation's best offensive HS player made many fans and coaches alike believe that Gilmore would be more likely to attend other high profile schools like Auburn, Kansas, Texas or LSU all from which he was heavily recruited. Gilmore chosing to attend Ole Miss is a double edged sword because the Rebels allready have Mike Ross waiting after Ferbia Allen and EJ Epperson graduate this year. Ross has been apparently progressing well and while he hasn't had an opportunity to show off his skills in a game yet - he will certainly have the opportunity next year over Gilmore. With Ross being a RS SOPH next season, this will almost ultimately make Gilmore red shirt material, which will give him two solid years of playing time with this years praised TE, Tez Bradley. Gilmore right now projects as the type of TE that will hurt you of you over pursue the other Rebel playmaker - and he'll hurt you BAD. With identical speed to Bradley, Gilmore doesn't possess the ball skills or ability to catch the ball regardless of whose covering him but he will make the catch, turn it up field and chug down daring a teams DBs to come and try to tackle him. He appears to have all the skill sets to match their current duo, replacing EJ Epperson with the big play ability... if you allow him to be open. He's a solid all around blocker but won't make a name for himself in that game. He'll hold his own on the line. Gilmore signing gives the Rebels the only two 5* TEs in the class right now and obviously the lead in this regard of recruiting.

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting STEVEMEHRER6_24150
Ronnie Martin
Outside Linebacker - Hailey HS (ID)
Ht 6'3 Wt 224 40 4.66 Rankings #2OLB (#36 in ESPNU 150) ESPN Rated ****

Ronnie Martin may turn out to be one of the best pulls in the class for the Rebels this year, especially defensively. Martin is a natural outside speed rusher but it's inevitable he doesn't have the speed to be making plays off the edge in college and he may allready be too thick to be thinking about that. But Martin will CERTAINLY be a terrific inside linebacker at the college level and EARLY. His play recognition skills make him a terrific candidate to be a leader on the Rebels defensively and he's very quick, agile yet strong for a linebacker. He could use some work in his backpeddel and getting to full speed off of it quicker to help his man coverage skills which will be a bit lacking coming into fall camp next year but if he works on that aspect of his game he's allready got the makings of a Freshman All America candidate. Martin won't be a quarterbacks nightmare, but he'll certainly be a running backs with his ability to make plays infront of the line of scrimmage, not allowing run plays to simply "get past him". Martin joins Junior College transfer Brad Barr and MLB Craig Bryant in an allready SOLID linebacking group that could highlight the nation's best LB class.

Last edited by LongGONE24 on Fri 12 Feb 2010, 8:02 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting EmptyThu 11 Feb 2010, 11:45 pm

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting GIOVANNIBENARD10_28150
Leonard James
All Purpose Back - West End-Cobb HS (AL)
Ht 6'2 Wt 179 40 4.44 Rankings #9RB (#127 in ESPNU 150) ESPN Rated ****

Leonard James is ELECTRIFYING. James had argueably the best visit to Oxford when you talk to the scout's who watched him during his combine workouts with a talent jammed week 6 with OLB Ronnie Martin, TE Carl Gilmore, G William Fields and OLB Brad Barr. Scouts all over were raving that Leonard James may very well be the most college ready in this class based on his skill set and over all ability to make plays. He's a high profile ball carrier that any team would dream of having him as their feature back. James had many screaming "MARC PAYNE V2" during his combine workouts and Payne was actually his visit co-ordinator who has watched film on this kid and vouches that he will be huge. The Rebels could look to encorporate James into their offensive system early, especially in the Wildcat formation giving them a legit option to hand the ball off on the end-around motion with his threat in speed, elusiveness and how fluid of a runner he is. The Rebels could also red-shirt him so that when Marc Payne is gone - he's the feature guy and they could use him in his second year, having improved and becoming comfortable with the gameplan of Ole Miss and still get the most of his eligibility. It's a toss-up to see how well he does in spring practice but if he has flashes of brilliance like he did on his visit - he could be the next Marc Payne in the pecking order line-up of players "TO MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE BALL TO".

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting BRANDONCOLEMAN4_27150
Nate Charles
Wide Receiver - West Monroe HS (LA)
Ht 6'4 Wt 199 40 4.52 Rankings #8WR (#138 in ESPNU 150) ESPN Rated ****

Nate Charles is moreso a project for the Rebels who needed to take at least ONE WR to progress through the next season. He has terrific, college ready size to be a playmaker at the next level and certainly has the work ethic to be great. He'll never have blazing speed but he's very consistent in his route running which will allow him open space to make catches. He doesn't have the "feature, look out WR" set of hands but over time, which he'll have plenty he will improve these areas of his game. Nate stands big and tall and will be a big target for any quarterback and he has the swag of a star player at the next level. I expect Nate Charles to be at Miss for five full years and him to have most of his success in his junior and senior years.

Last edited by LongGONE24 on Wed 17 Feb 2010, 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010, 12:08 pm

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting RASHADKNIGHT12_14150
Melvin Haumiller
Cornerback - Huntsville HS (TX)
Ht 6'1 Wt 183 40 4.38 Rankings #13CB ESPN Rated ****

Melvin Haumiller is one of the premiere athlete cornerback hybrids that is possessing among the fastest speeds at all the HS combines this year. He possesses terrific college ready size for a speedy, shutdown corner and comes into spring camp with the speed to keep up with the fastest receivers next season. With hips like a swivel, his coaches rave that he answers to you and your word like you're a drill sargent this kid is very coachable and he has all the athletic weapons to be great. Melvin has a verticle of nearly 38 inches and he possesses the ability to knock would be completions out of the air. Haumiller plays with a chip on his shoulder and that's always something you always want out of a young talented defensive back. He'll sit behind only a young core and if the brilliant defensive back minds at Miss think we he won't get any MEANINGFUL playing time so they can have four full years of eligibility.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 11:55 am

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting DESMONDBROWN3_19150
Matt Haynes
Free Safety - Galveston, Texas
Ht 6'0 Wt 200 40 4.54 Rankings #8FS ESPN Rated ****

Matt Haynes is your young defensive back who will make his living in center field. With the ability to tackle nearly anybody and the will to tackle everybody - Haynes will remind RebelNation of a Mr. Bryan Dawkins. Haynes played in one of the toughest D5 conferences in the nation this year and scouts are confident his ratings are a bit low due to the talent pool he's drowned in. Word is Haynes made his name against Burkburnett star back, George Guidry whose among the top running back prospects this year - when he leveled him in their seasonal match up. Haynes is very athletic and possesses college size to go along with his gritty, linebacker mentality that loves tonctact. He hits hard and runs fast. He will put up a fight to start after a year of redshirt for conditioning.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 9:51 pm

The 2012 Off Season has kicked off to a jump start for the Rebels, as this week they've taken the #1 spot in the recruiting polls with SIX five-star players committed to be Rebels. The Rebels have signed commitments from FIVE defensive backs this week, which is an area of not immediate concern but with TJ Joseph's junior and Jeremy Thompson's senior year coming up - they'll need two safeties to step up, and fast. Coach Macc & Company went out last week to in home visits in Michigan (FS Shawn Maxwell) Illinois (CB Troy Curry) and Alabama (Sterling Reynolds) and wrapped up all three recruits, propelling them over the Iowa Hawkeyes class that's been #1 the majority of the season.

"When EPSN takes a long hard, second look at these kids often you'll find they did the hard work for us as coaches and gives us a whole bunch of new talent to look at. Because the HS football season is over, you've not only got a full range of stats from each kid but every highlight video is up to date and it really just depends on how the kids work in drills and how you get to see how a potential future player for you will work when in practice. Right now, we're very impressed with Sterling Reynolds. The kid runs hard, he tackles anyone and everything, he'll hurt you if you throw the ball his way and he's got great skills locking down receivers. He's probably a candidate for a red shirt to play only behind Jeremy Thompson whose a seasoned veteran on our defence. While we weren't in immediate concern for a CB, we just couldn't pass up the opportunity at Troy Curry. Troy scheduled some terrific drills to showcase his skills, got a lot of his great Macomb (IL) HS team out there to help him and QB Jay Bell throwing to receivers while Troy was covering them which is a tough task. We had fun down in Illinois and got to meet with coaches and potential future recruiting candidates. Shawn Maxwell is a very athletic safety prospect who adds depth to our roster and should make a name for himself on special teams this year. He's very big for a DB and also very fast. He moves well laterally and hits pretty hard,"

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting ASIARUFF2_3150
Sterling Reynolds
Strong Safety - Hartselle JUCO (AL)
Ht 6'1 Wt 178 40 4.46 Rankings #1SS (#10 in ESPNU 150) ESPN Rated *****

Sterling Reynolds will remind Rebel Nation of a young former Rebel whose making a huge impact in the NFL in the Carolina Panthers system, Derrick Herman. The playmaker who emerged on Coach Macc's very first SEC winning team, with two interceptions on Tim Tebow became an instant fan favourite in Oxford and Sterling Reynolds certainly will as well with all the media attention he's garnering lately. His size is similar to Herman's who many, at first questioned "is he big enough to play safety?" Herman proved he's more than big enough winning a 2010 Thorpe Award and leading his defence on the field and emotionally for 3 years. Reynolds has the ability to have the same impact with the ability to tackle any player of any size, the ability to lock receivers down and allow for extra blitzers and the speed to keep up with even the fastest receivers. Reynolds is a terrific pick up who really stepped up in the second half of his Junior College season. The paperwork on Reynolds is still being processed to determine what year of eligiblity he will be in and if the Rebels get a sophmore out of this kid they will be extatic. He will be a playmaker the minute he steps on campus and makes the Rebels recruiting class this season look a bit "over the top".

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting KARLBUTLER3_24150
Troy Curry
Cornerback - Macomb HS (IL)
Ht 6'1 Wt 183 40 4.32 Rankings #2CB ESPN Rated *****

The Mid West really produced some of the fastest talent this year, the three fastest coming out of the state of Illinois or Michigan. Troy Curry - is probably the fastest of the bunch right the most UPSIDE right now. While a couple of the other players in that category have blazing speed and maybe even quicker 40 times, Troy Curry is the total package. With terrific skills covering receivers, tremendous agility even for a corner, the ability to go up and make a play on any ball thrown his way and the ability to be a three-down corner this kid will make a push to see time in the nickle and dime package. A kid like this is just too good to keep on the bench, even if he's joined a cornerback class rich in youth. Coach Macc likes to play a young, fast corner in his first year at dime or nickle and has had good success with it when familiar opponents like Illinois or Kansas mask their best, fast receivers in packages with 4 or 5 WRs as the 4th or 5th receiver. Curry will make teams think twice about that, quickly with his ability to go up and make plays. His 44 inch verticle is the highest of any high school athlete this year and Curry is a nightmare on deep shots with his ability to go up and break up passes using his deflection skills. He understands it only takes a finger tip on a ball to ruin a reception and his athletic ability allows him to break up nearly any pass. I project Curry to have countless, countless deep bomb stops before his career is over.

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting JEREMYDEERING4_8150
Shawn Maxwell
Free Safety - Trenton HS (MI)
Ht 5'11 Wt 214 40 4.46 Rankings #11FS ESPN Rated ****

Shawn Maxwell looks like your typical, every day rocked up power running back who will have no problem ducking his head and smashing through the hole. However, Maxwell has made a name for himself being the guy on the other side of the ball and stuffing the run. With no GLARING ability to tackle or even cover in man coverage, Maxwell uses his size and speed to perfection and the reason he will make a lot of tackles at the college level is because of the angles he takes on tackling. Not many kids at this age understand how to tackle like Maxwell, he knows where to hit you and he studies just as hard in the war room watching his future opponents to see how they've been taken down in the past. He's that gritty, in your face defensive back with a linebacker mentality who gets in offensive players heads and takes key players off their game. Maxwell has great athletic ability, as his success in high school playing two ways lead to a 1000 yard rushing season and a 50 tackle 8INT season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Ole Miss Recruiting   2012 Ole Miss Recruiting Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 Ole Miss Recruiting
Page 1 of 1