Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2013 Week One Discussion

Go down 
+4
axspecialk
titangator
BucNutts
LongGONE24
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

2013 Week One Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 1:59 pm

EARLY HEISMAN WATCH

RB Marc Payne MISS
Marc Payne could become the first repeat Heisman Memorial Award winner in his sophmore season running the ball in the most potent running attack in the SEC. Payne has apparently been sharing carries with true freshman back Leonard James through spring practice but with Payne's improvements he's made over the off-season the limited ammount of carries shouldn't hurt his Heisman Hopes.

RB Nate Johnson IOWA
Nate Johnson has been on the cusp of winning this award the past three years, since he's been active in the NCAA. Johnson's last year 1604 yard 17TD preformance was a bit of a plateau from his freshman campaign with 1874 yards and 23TDs. Johnson is probably the fastest player in the country and possesses terrific talent and has everyone in Iowa thinking a Big 10.

STORYLINES OF THE WEEK

#2 KANSAS AT OHIO STATE
- Now while most would think this would be a battle of Coach Santana and Coach Phillips' dream job - Coach Phillips abandoned his former top 10 recruiting class and took his dream job at Ohio State as Jim Tressel announced his retirement after posting a 6-7 season last year. The Bucks have been anything but competitive in the Big 10 so the Ohio State alumni decided there is no coach hotter right now as Phillips has a tremendous resume with 4 Big 12 titles and the 2011 National Championship. Coach Phillips takes his unranked Buckeyes onto the field against a team he's very familiar with - only this year it won't be a Santana coached Jayhawk squad. Ken Guiton leads the team offensively at QB with a gun for an arm and the ability to scramble. Jamaal Berry looks to break his way into the Heisman Race as Coach Phillips' power running system is converted over into the Bucks new offensive gameplan. Lookout Big 10!

OREGON @ #9 ALABAMA
- Coach Santana abandoned his Jayhawks this offseason and took the job at Oregon, despite the significant talent plateau. Santana competed in the Big 12 for four seasons winning all four bowl games and that was more than enough to impress the Ducks who needed a replacement after posting a 3 win season - their worst in recent memory. Coach Santana takes over a spread offence with plenty of weapons around especially his favourite target, Diante Jackson. Look for Jackson to have a monster season and break into the Heisman 5 early.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 3:10 pm

Its late, and I need sleep. So Sorry for the lack of a write up.

"The Horseshoe" provides the home-field advantage the Bucks need, as they stun the #2 Kansas Jayhawks 34-3.

As the media stated, Ken Guiton was one to watch on the Bucks squad, and he showed why. Throwing for 2 TD's and rushing for 1 TD. Jamaal Berry racked up 199 yards, but did not reach the endzone.

The "SilverBullets D" lived up to the billing as they stifled the Jayhawks offense, forcing turnovers, and making big plays inside the redzone.

COach Phillips' is definitely taking Columbus by storm with this victory.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 3:12 pm

The Maryland Terrapins opened their 2013 campaign with a trip to Gainesville, Florida; a place coach Hickerson knows very well as this is where he lined up at FS for the guys in Orange and Blue several years back. It is his alma mater, his school, but today they were his opponent and coach Hickerson planned to handle it just like any other game. "Sure its where I played my ball at, but that was then, this is now, now I am the coach of the Maryland Terrapins football program, so it is in my best interest to go out and defeat the Florida Gators," which he did. The Terps walk out of the Swamp 24-17 victors in a rain soaked football game that saw 5 fumbles coughed up, 3 by the Terps and 2 by the Gators; and a defensive touchdown from the Gators, and a kick return for a touchdown by the Terps, needless to say, both teams found ways to make it easier to put points on the board in the sloppy conditions. The game was back and forth the entire time, seeing the lead changes hands 5 times, but it was a Caleb Porzel 6 yard touchdown run that was ultimately the winning touchdown for the Terps.

Offensively the Terps were led by none other than their leader, Caleb porzel himself. Porzel finished with 28 carries for 112 yards and 2 touchdowns. Coach Hickerson said after the game, "If there is a guy more valuable to their team than Caleb Porzel, I wanna see him. This kid is a workhorse for this team, he catches the ball, he carries the ball, he returns kicks, he really does it all and I,myself, as well as this university are very proud to have a kid like him represent us." Porzel didnt have to do the kick returning today however, as redshirt freshman Amir Tate took one back to the house for 94 yards. "You know its a good feeling, to finally get on the field after taking a redshirt last season, I feel that helped me tremendously and it really feels good to get out there and take a load off Caleb's shoulders you know, anything I can do to help the team," said backup running back and co kick returner Tate. Senior QB Danny O'Brien had a modest day going 13 for 18 for 131 yards, no touchdowns, but more importantly no interceptions. "You know, im a game where the weather was like it was today, that is all we ask Danny to do, take care of the ball, and rely on Caleb to get the job done, and our defense to set us with good scoring opportunities," said Coach Hickerson.

If that is what Coach Hickerson wanted the defnese to do, I would say he was a happy man after the game. The Terps defense played outstanding the entire game, actually only allowing 10 points(7 came off fumble return for td). The defense held Florida to just 228 yards of offense and forced three turnovers. They were led by MLB Ryan Fiels with 9 tackels, 2 for a loss, and 1 forced fumble.

Next week, the Terps will welcome in the Oregon Ducks and newly aqquired Coach Santana. The Ducks are down from what we hear this season, but we know and everyone else knows a Santana coached team is not going to roll over for the Terrapins.

Glad to have football back in College Park, see you all there next weekend!
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 4:38 pm

Alabama goes down 35-14.. better write up in the am..
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 10:53 pm

Rebels Roll Rutgers 42-17!

The Ole Miss Rebels went into the Birth Place of College Football in New Brunswick and came away victorious, kicking off their season the right way. With a young QB, you want to have a solid rushing attack to keep things balanced and that's just what Marc Payne and Leonard James provided for QB Shaun Chambers, a 190 yard dual yard attack with 4TDs. (169 coming from Payne who was removed from the game late with a minor injury that won't set him back).

The emergence of TE Tez Bradley has Oxford thinking early Mackey Award with a 5 catch 130 yard 1TD preformance. Bradley lead the team's receiving offence today and proved his big play ability on a crossing route play action pass that he beat his defender wide on, turned it up field and rumbled down the sideline 58 yards for paydirt.

Defensively, CB Daniel Breedlove accounted for 12 TACKLES!! FS Jeremy Thompson accounted for 7 with an INT that almost went back for 6 and SS TJ Joseph had 7 tackles 1TFL. DT Warren Martin accounted for 5 tackles 2TFL.

Marc Payne keeps his early Heisman repeat hopes alive with a 169 yard, 2TD rushing game and 5 catch 73 yard 1TD receiving game.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
ggang21

ggang21

PostSubject: The Fighitng Illini Start off on the right foot   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 12:34 am

The Fighting Illini Start off on the right foot

Boston College 7 Illinois 55

QB Nathan Scheelhaase And Jamie Ivey started where they left off last season. Scheelhaase connected with Ivey 5 times for 136 yards. 4 of the receptions were TDS. "Jamie kept throwing his hand up on every route so i hit em every time and he came down with it". Said Scheelhaase. The Fighting Illini also used some of their new guys also. True Freshman RB Curtis O'Neill scored the first TD of of the season for the Illini. At 6'0 177 O'Neill is a speedster that is hard to catch. "He's great in the Wildcat. and will be a good #2 RB for us." Said coach Kelly. True Freshman WR Clint Bailey got a chance to show his stuff as well. The 6'5 182 Receiver had 6 Receptions for 89 yards. The 1st team offense put up 45 points in the first half. Coach Kelly put the reserves in for the 2nd half.

On Defense, DE Mike Sharp stood out with 2 big sacks. Sharp pressured the QB the whole first half. DT Mike Robinson came away with 3 tackles and one Sack. Senior CB Joelil Thrash returned a Interception for a TD Early in the first Quarter. The Defense held BC to a total of 214 yards. "I'm Very Pleased with the way the Defense played. I ready to see how they show up next week against Clemson" Said Coach Kelly.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 2:17 am

its on the defending national champs to do his recruiting then we could advance so.. he normally is home 7 est so we whould be into the next week by 8...
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 2:53 am

hey K, just a heads up, but using "Robo Duck" as your profile pix may be bad luck?
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2010-02-17-4248642589_x.htm

just a coincidence that the night you put it up, the next morning I wake up to hear my star RB spent the night in jail? I don't think so...
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 3:05 am

lol is that the stigma around robo duck that he is bad luck? well lets see if i lose both user games i may change it up.. but imma give him a run for a bit.. lol
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 3:10 am

ya, it's pretty much considerd a huge bust by most duck fans the idea of robo duck was pretty gay in most opinions...

check out the birth of robo duck...i was in the stadium that day, and remember looking at my brother, saying, this may be the gayiest thing I have ever seen.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkOS5759EHA
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 4:56 am

just so you cats know, i should be done with my recruiting no later than 6:15 est. i don't have a game this week, right?
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 5:14 am

right
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 5:18 am

well then scott i apologize and to all the duck fans i offended sorry.. But i have removed the gayness and banished it to hell... New Avatar.. LETS GO DUCKS!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 5:27 am

axspecialk wrote:
well then scott i apologize and to all the duck fans i offended sorry.. But i have removed the gayness and banished it to hell... New Avatar.. LETS GO DUCKS!!! lol

nice bro, thanks! GoDucks!
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 5:54 am

hey scott i saw ur oregon sig. i was going to ask them to make one for me but they might be like what? another Oregon request lol
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 5:59 am

axspecialk wrote:
hey scott i saw ur oregon sig. i was going to ask them to make one for me but they might be like what? another Oregon request lol

go for it...i think the guy likes doing them...
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 6:06 am

ready to advance.
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 8:42 am

when are we advancing???
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 9:27 am

I will advance within the next hour. Just got home from work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Week One Discussion   2013 Week One Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

2013 Week One Discussion
Page 1 of 1