Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2015 Week One Discussion

Go down 
+2
Coach Gruden
LongGONE24
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

2015 Week One Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 11:32 am

The #13 Georgia Bulldogs visisted #21 Clemson today and Coach Macc brought a very, young and inexperienced offence to jumpstart the new season. The Bulldogs rallied for a second half victory and won 31-13 in Death Valley. True Freshman QB Lamar Herron gets his first start as the man and he doesn't dissapoint, despite turning the ball over twice he found junior wideout Antwan Bryant 8 times for 58 yards, twice for TDs. Bryant lead the team in all receiving categories today, but Herron looked really comfortable with TE Erik Battle on a perfect touch pass over the middle on play action, something that looks to be an early strong suit for Herron. True Freshman RB Luke Miles showed no signs of the UGA rushing attack slowing down this year, running for 189 yards on 22 carries 1TD. The Bulldogs couldn't really move the ball well in the first half but managed to go into the recess winning 13-7. Miles carried the team on his back in the second half with big rushes of 36 and 59 yards and really gave the Bulldogs the swing of momentum they needed. The Bulldogs defence played exceptionally well as this group appears to be the teams anchor this year.

"Without our defence making big plays and playing hard like they did today, we could be in some trouble. I want it to be known - we're out to win the SEC this year. But to do that, we'll need to count on our veteran defence to step up. FS Jake Jackson plays argueably the toughest position in my scheme so the fact that he's a true freshman will probably make our fans curious right away but it's an investment in the future of our defence as Jackson has all the makings of a terrific, coverage safety with tremendous leadership capabilities. Kenny had a great game today and wreaked havoc all afternoon forcing double teams after Clemson realized he was an all-three down linemanm" Macc said about his squad.

SS Blake Davis appears to be the playmaker on the team currently, while "the Maniac" Ricky Burks wreaks havoc off of the left side. LE Ken Young appears to be the defensive spark plug right now, flashing signs of brilliance in the pass rush today while MLB Darnell Colvin will make big plays behind the line, he'll consistently track ball carriers and his INT this afternoon proved he'll make you pay when he drops back in coverage. CB Bob Garrison, the teams #2 CB had the nicest play defensively, his interception leaping what appeared to be 10 feet in the air for the games first turnover. Garrison has been quoted to be the teams best athlete, defensively.

RB Luke Miles can be a big impact player early if he can stay healthy. The team relies on Miles to get things going offensively because he's the teams biggest playmaker on that side of the ball. He has a veteran offensive line who blocks consistently for him and an offensive group that loves using the Wildcat, which appeared to be a strength in his game this afternoon. WR Antwan Bryant is the teams go-to-guy hauling in 8 catches for a minimal but important 58 yards with two of them being for gorgeous touchdowns. It's obvious Bryant and Herron have a connection when around the goalline because both receptions were for short yardage, but still hit pay dirt. Herron doesn't have tons of weapons, but he can hurt defences in both ways if they man up and he sends his receivers all one way. He took a few hits and showed signs of durability issues being injured a few times throughout the game, but he managed well 12/26 113 yards - but you can't complain about your QBs first career start, a win on the road in Death Valley.

The Bulldogs are young but they will be a veteran group in a few years to come!!

OFFENSIVE POTG - RB LUKE MILES 22 CAR 189 YARDS 1TD 2 REC 13 YARDS

DEFENSIVE POTG - LE KENNY YOUNG 9 TACKLES 2TFL 1SACK

#13 UGA DEF. #22 CLEMSON 30-13
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 11:50 am

Coach Harbaugh visits his old school and kids beat down 40-3....started off with a nice drive settle for a FG...and from then on it was all Auburn...my favorite play was with 4 seconds left on the clock in the 2nd qt, time running out Auburn doesn't call TO as time running down, for a sure 35 yard FG, but elects to run tho O to the line and through a perfect stike for a TD as time expires...ugh, gonna be a long season....hope I can get 6 wins and bowl chance...don't see a win vs k, goat or titan so need to be close to perfect the rest of the way...lol!
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 11:55 am

ouch, tough to lose to your former team like that i bet.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 12:00 pm

Buckeyes Escape in a Classic 24-21 OT; as Coach Phillips faces his former team for the first time:

In one of the biggest OOC games in TCU history, and with their former coach returning to his old school, the Horned Frogs and fans proved that they are for real despite falling short 24-21 in OT.

This was a good old fashioned smash-mouth football game as the two run oriented teams pounded the ball with their AA running back, as a total of three were featured today. TCU's Luke Hendrix a former Phillips recruit was a tough stop all day long,pounding it at the SilverBullet defense.

Buckeyes led by the duo AA backs of Davis and Brock led the way to 131 yards rushing and 2 TD combined.

TCU came out on fire and angry proving to their old Coach he left a good situation, sprinting out to a 10-0 lead in the first quarter, capitalizing on 2 TO's as the Buckeye offense struggled early with the environment. The Bucks finally settled down and scored on a pass by QB Tim Harper to reliable TE Phil Heath to make it a 10-7 game at halftime.

The second half saw more huge hits, and defensive stalwarts go at it, as Clint Brock punched a short TD in to take a 14-10 lead. TCU would add a FG to cut the lead to one, and then with under 2:00 left TCU QB Kearney (another Phillips recruit) found his target for 71 yards to pay-dirt and converted the two point conversion to make a 21-14 lead. The Bucks stayed calm and moved down inside the 20 to face a 4th and 7, Harper dropped back and could not find an open WR, left to scramble was hit hard one yard short of the first, and turned it over on downs. The game seemingly over, but the Bucks had 3 timeouts. That is when 5th Year SR DeJuan Gambrell made the play of the game, selling out to stop the run, layed into Henrdrix and forced a fumble (His 3rd FF ON THE DAY)

That left Davis a short 2 yards rush to tie the game with 20 seconds left.

Overtime came and the SilverBullets held TCU to a FG attempt, that hit the left upright and fell backwards NO GOOD...Buckeyes would play it conservative and Jake Ransom hit a game-winning 35 yard FG!!

Coach Phillips had this to say in his post game presser....

"I knew in my heart that these TCU men would come to play, I recruited them and in a way this was a bitter-sweet victory...but a great one to say the least. They put it all out on the line, as did our guys. This was one heck of a football game, and TCU deserves alot of credit for where they are at right now. I am proud to have left that program in good hands."
[b]
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 12:04 pm

Sounds like a good one Buc!
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 12:07 pm

holy shit instant classics in week one.. come guys who puts together a schedule like me??!
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 12:09 pm

titangator wrote:

yea it was insane..that video of the FS hitting like a mac truck..he was doing that all game long. Had 3 FF!!!

TCU is definitely for real...they were undefeated last year for a reason.

Ya ax..that was fun!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 12:19 pm

titangator wrote:
ouch, tough to lose to your former team like that i bet.

it was tough in one sense, but rewarding in another...they were so much better then me...i have some serious qb issues...
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 12:22 pm

BucNutts wrote:
titangator wrote:

yea it was insane..that video of the FS hitting like a mac truck..he was doing that all game long. Had 3 FF!!!

TCU is definitely for real...they were undefeated last year for a reason.

Ya ax..that was fun!

TCU was good, but not undefeated after my Fiesta Bowl beat down with Auburn LOL
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 12:36 pm

o yea lol...I forgot about the bowl game.

They were #2 up until the Civil War game.

My bad Chris LOL
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 12:44 pm

Terps manhandle Trojans

Los Angeles, CA - The scoreboard didn't show it, but the Terrapins of Maryland really dominated the mighty Trojans of USC on Saturday. The final score showed 17 to 10, but if it wasnt for a late turnover and some lackadaisical defense, it would have been a 17 to 3 final. The Terps defense was spectacular all day long, holding the Trojans to 235 yards of offense, forcing 3 turnovers, and holding USC to ust 2 for 12 on 3rd down conversions. The Terps defense was led my junior linebacker Jared Golden who finished the day with 11 tackles, 2 for a loss, and one interception. "He is the best inside linebacker in the country, if somebody has a better one, I would like to see him, Jared is a hell of a football player. Ill back up that statement all season long, there isnt a better inside linebacker than Jared Golden." said Coach Hickerson after the victory. Offensively the Terps have a different feel this season, they no longer have that Caleb Porzel or Amir Tate type running back in the backfield. Therefore, sophomore quarterback Mitchell Hopkins will shoulder a heavy load of the offense this season for Maryland. He went 14 for 24 for 166 yards and 1 touchdown, no interceptions. He also carried the ball 17 times, but only for 10 yards as he was sacked 6 times. "He did what we asked him to do, he may have held onto the ball a little too long a few times, but I will take a sack over an errand throw that turns into an interception. So we gotta work on him getting it out quicker, and the O line protecting longer, one of the two. That was also a heck of a front 4 we went up against today in USC, they have some athletes on that side of the ball no doubt," said Hickerson. Justin Bennett, the supposed dropoff at running back had a solid day, carrying the ball just 15 times but running for 116 yards and a touchdown. Cory Schroder started his senior season off with a modest 5 catches for 44 yards. "We got work to do on the offensive side of the ball, we gotta find our go to guy, our guy with that playmaker type ability, we gotta lot of guys with that potential, we just gotta find out which one is gonna work the hardest every day in practice so they can reach that potential," said Hickerson to sum up his team day on the offensive side of the ball. "The defense played amazing, we couldnt have asked for a better effort than that in the first game of the season, I am real proud of those guys, we will probably lean on them quite a bit this season," said Hickerson of his defense.

The Terps welcome in number 16 Pittsburgh next week in their home opener of the 2015 season.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 1:38 pm

sounds like a good opener for ya Jeff, coming off a tough season. Needed to come out strong this year.
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 8:49 pm

The #11 Oregon State Beavers opened their season with a Victory, against the Yellowjackets of Georgia Tech at home today, 31-7. The Beavers Defense was tremendous only allowing 147 total yards of offense. The Beavers offense was a different matter, Jamar Lane struggled to find room all day managing only 3.5 a clip and one touchdown. QB Gates had his share of struggles as well, only completing 54% of his passses and throwing 2 Ints. Back up Runningback Calvin Watkins will be out 4 weeks, with a broken thumb on his carrying hand.
Offensive Stats
QB R Gates 12-22 226yds 2TDs 2Ints 4att 36yds
HB J Lane 44att 157yds 1TD 1rec 3yds
HB C Watkins 9att 42yds 1TD 1KR 22yds
HB/KR M Ward 1att 7yds 1rec 29yds 1KR 23yds 4PR 16yds 4avg
POTG WR W Kirby 4rec 108yds 2TDs
TE J Lawrence 3rec 39yds
Defensive Standouts
LB S Gates 8Tkls 6TFL 4Sacks
LB M Muse 8Tkls
DT F Thompson 6Tkls 1TFL 1Sack
CB M"Moonwalker"Jackson 5Tkls 1Int
SS S Johnson 4Tkls 1TFL
FS C Iverson 4Tkls 1TFL
Next up for the #11 Beavs 1-0, another Game at Reser, but this one against the #9 Texas Longhorns!
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 9:18 pm

its on me and goat i will play soon. goat is like 7est so advance by 8est
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyTue 23 Mar 2010, 1:48 am

let me get some help...does this happen to anyone else in games...and it seems like it just started happening...maybe my remote is old?....anyway...your on offence, about to run a play, and the play screen raise up to a different angle looking kind of above the line of scrimmage, then back down, a couple of different times?....then while trying to throw the ball just floats, even though i tried to zip the pass?...
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyTue 23 Mar 2010, 1:58 am

Sometimes if I press r2 before the play it will stay at that view unless I keep pressing r2 it will eventually go back, but that's it
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion EmptyTue 23 Mar 2010, 6:46 am

week 2 up.. ohio state commits 2(1 star 1 4star) .. north carolina commits 2 5 stars in week one.. sheesh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week One Discussion   2015 Week One Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

2015 Week One Discussion
Page 1 of 1