Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2019 Week 9 Discussion

Go down 
+3
titangator
luvtotha9s
BucNutts
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
titangator

titangator

2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 1:28 am

2nd and 10
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 1:29 am

picked up a first, about 15 yard gain.... spiked it... 2nd and 10 with 52 seconss left
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 1:29 am

SACKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUSKERS ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

huge play!
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 1:30 am

now wasnt that an exciting game!!!!
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 1:32 am

you are Top 25 bound now!!! A huge Road win!
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 1:34 am

very nice Titan. Huskers getting back on the wagon lol
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 1:36 am

lol dont know f it is appropriate to give updates of my entire game in the discussion, but i like doing it lol.... makes me feel like someone is watching or something and i gotta put on a show haha..

WOW, that was intense though, seriously... 32-29 victory IN Austin - hopefully that will put me back in the top 25.

Losing Causey is huge, Culver played like ABSOLUTE shit in the first 3 games of the year before being benched when i took on Ohio State... however Culver completed two VERY big 3rd down conversions, one was for a touchdown in the third quarter. Player of the game was definitely Michael Washington, the freshman running back who is starting in place of injured Melvin Pittman - Washington had 28 carries for 204 yards and a touchdown.

"I just had to step up out there today, had to do it for the team you know, anytime you lose a started it is tough, especially a senior starter like Melvin, so i had to play - then when Keith went down, we all got confidence in Jamal cause we know what he can do, we seen him do it before, you know he just had a rough start, but I knew the coaches was gonna give me the ball so I was prepared from then on, you know I just said give me the ball and we gonna win."

At number 7 UNBEATEN Kansas next week... road doesnt get any easier for the Huskers'. Just looked at the standings, and next weeks game will be for the Big 12 North - everybody besides Nebraska and Kansas has 3 conference losses already, while me and Kansas both are unbeaten in Big 12 play! HUGE GAME NEXT WEEK!
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 1:45 am

K's old team is no Joke
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 1:46 am

[quote="titangator"]lol dont know f it is appropriate to give updates of my entire game in the discussion, but i like doing it lol.... makes me feel like someone is watching or something and i gotta put on a show haha..
as long as it doesnt hamper your ability to win.....I enjoyed the hell out of it
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 1:46 am

im sure, it will be a very big challenge for my boys! looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 1:47 am

na its all good, i can type pretty quick...
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 1:51 am

titangator wrote:
lol dont know f it is appropriate to give updates of my entire game in the discussion, but i like doing it lol.... makes me feel like someone is watching or something and i gotta put on a show haha..

WOW, that was intense though, seriously... 32-29 victory IN Austin - hopefully that will put me back in the top 25.

Losing Causey is huge, Culver played like ABSOLUTE shit in the first 3 games of the year before being benched when i took on Ohio State... however Culver completed two VERY big 3rd down conversions, one was for a touchdown in the third quarter. Player of the game was definitely Michael Washington, the freshman running back who is starting in place of injured Melvin Pittman - Washington had 28 carries for 204 yards and a touchdown.

"I just had to step up out there today, had to do it for the team you know, anytime you lose a started it is tough, especially a senior starter like Melvin, so i had to play - then when Keith went down, we all got confidence in Jamal cause we know what he can do, we seen him do it before, you know he just had a rough start, but I knew the coaches was gonna give me the ball so I was prepared from then on, you know I just said give me the ball and we gonna win."

At number 7 UNBEATEN Kansas next week... road doesnt get any easier for the Huskers'. Just looked at the standings, and next weeks game will be for the Big 12 North - everybody besides Nebraska and Kansas has 3 conference losses already, while me and Kansas both are unbeaten in Big 12 play! HUGE GAME NEXT WEEK!

Hell no dude thats what each week forum is meant for. Nobody should shy away and Jesse and Coach G seemed to be into it and I just read it all and the recap. Helluva game. These sliders make for some really interesting games... which is why I'm not condoning Ax's result by any means but I can appreciate the guy wanted to score some touchdowns, I mean he had three games without any action. Please this isn't an arguement, don't continue to drag it on simply speculating that when Ax is playing games throughout the year his QB and WR always put up NCAA worthy numbers.

And about the restarts. I can appreciate the rule for when somebody quits and replays a game. But how should someone whose had tough time receiving wireless internet (only way I can run it at my house... and AS I'm typing this on my third attempt at manually signing in) be forced to throw a result out and sim the game. Jesse (not to target or start a fight... simple discussion) your point often is that these sliders were put in to make the games tougher, I'd rather the sliders be damn near impossible than leave it up to the sim gods simply because a users connection died. Power outages... all to say it's going to happen. Nobody needs to have simmed games because they couldn't connect.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 1:52 am

Look the reason I wanted Q4TB to be a free-saying society that uses EVERYONES input was to avoid the well-connected online dynasties bullshit with strict rules and policies. I think how liberal we are here is the reason competition is so strong within the OD and the reason we've run strong for so long. I can't promise I won't disconnect and lose connection but I can promise that I won't quit and restart a game... I tihnk thats the only way we can run this. Obviously continuous restarts is a concern but it's the honour system around here it's always worked.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 1:55 am

titangator wrote:
PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUSKERS ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice work tiatan....sounds like a fun game...these settings are really good imho...
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 2:04 am

LongGONE24 wrote:
titangator wrote:

Hell no dude thats what each week forum is meant for. Nobody should shy away and Jesse and Coach G seemed to be into it and I just read it all and the recap. Helluva game. These sliders make for some really interesting games... which is why I'm not condoning Ax's result by any means but I can appreciate the guy wanted to score some touchdowns, I mean he had three games without any action. Please this isn't an arguement, don't continue to drag it on simply speculating that when Ax is playing games throughout the year his QB and WR always put up NCAA worthy numbers.

And about the restarts. I can appreciate the rule for when somebody quits and replays a game. But how should someone whose had tough time receiving wireless internet (only way I can run it at my house... and AS I'm typing this on my third attempt at manually signing in) be forced to throw a result out and sim the game. Jesse (not to target or start a fight... simple discussion) your point often is that these sliders were put in to make the games tougher, I'd rather the sliders be damn near impossible than leave it up to the sim gods simply because a users connection died. Power outages... all to say it's going to happen. Nobody needs to have simmed games because they couldn't connect.
thats why we allowed everyone one restart macc...cuz shit does happen.....I have had one restart in 10 seasons....cuz of a power outage.......the restart rule was necesary when we went to harder sliders, to prevent people from not taking a cpu loss
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 2:11 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
LongGONE24 wrote:
titangator wrote:

thats why we allowed everyone one restart macc...cuz shit does happen.....I have had one restart in 10 seasons....cuz of a power outage.......the restart rule was necesary when we went to harder sliders, to prevent people from not taking a cpu loss

Just to clarify on my situation...my wife is flying to LA today to hang with friends for the weekend, and wanted to watch a movie with me on blueray, this is why I shut it down...I just wouldn't do that if it was a normal situation...

Macc curious to what happens with you internent connection...I was under the impression that when you play the cpu your game is offline...I know that after the game sometimes when it goes to load, it reads "disconect try again" or something like that, and each time I re-try it save and loads...is that what happens to you? and if so, are you reloading?...
Or is the game getting disconnected while your in the middle of a game, like when it does it sometimes while playing someone online? just curious to what happens in your situation?...maybe someone smarter can help or has a suggestion on how this can be fixed?
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 2:12 am

I run a wireless connection too, but I rarely get d/c when I am playing the CPU. But it is what it is, it will happen. We have 1 restart allowed, which I think is a good idea. I trust everyone on this OD to play the CPU and take a loss if it happens, but we start getting into problems when consistent restarts happen, and if we don't have a guideline in place, it would happen.

Its a fine line to walk, we want to be liberal here, but we also want a respectable OD here, instead of acting like 8 year olds who can't take a loss ( NOT SAYING ANYONE IF BEING LIKE THIS..purely an example)

Over the course of the season 2 restarts should be clearly abided by. The servers are bad sometimes, but against the CPU I hardly ever have problems unless there are storms ( and I have Satellite Internet where I live, since I live out in the country)
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 2:19 am

we are a free society....we make rules by consensus...the majority rules...whats good for the group is good for us all...no one man in this dynasty is better than the whole....but we need some structure sometimes....I'm the most liberal cat you'll ever meet....but fair is fair
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 2:25 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
we are a free society....we make rules by consensus...the majority rules...whats good for the group is good for us all...no one man in this dynasty is better than the whole....but we need some structure sometimes....I'm the most liberal cat you'll ever meet....but fair is fair

Just my 2cents...and I agree 9's....I was under the impression that we had decided on a 1 restart rule, then anything else after would be a SIM situation....I made a decision to shut it down, and the consequence, that if something fluky happens in the future, like power outage, kids shut off ps3, etc...that my luck would be in the hands of the SIM Gods and I'm cool with that....
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 2:26 am

Coach Gruden wrote:
luvtotha9s wrote:

Just my 2cents...and I agree 9's....I was under the impression that we had decided on a 1 restart rule, then anything else after would be a SIM situation....I made a decision to shut it down, and the consequence, that if something fluky happens in the future, like power outage, kids shut off ps3, etc...that my luck would be in the hands of the SIM Gods and I'm cool with that....
and thats why Chris is the most honorable cat on this board.....spoken like the true man you are
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 2:33 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
Coach Gruden wrote:
luvtotha9s wrote:

and thats why Chris is the most honorable cat on this board.....spoken like the true man you are

Thanks my man....
OT....hey Goat, do you think you could take your NCAA game, put it back in the case, go down to Game Stop, slowly slide it to the clerk, along with a dime bag, and say "Sir I would like credit for this game"...He may not notice the screw bit whole in the disk???? Then you can take your credit and go buy a new NCAA game?
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 2:38 am

Well I may prove that I can take a CPU loss if I don't step it up. At halftime the Gators are playing tough, deadlocked at 21-21. They've came out strong and a flutter pass went for a pick six putting me down by 8, I rallied back with 1:30 on the clock put the ball in the endzone and converted the 2 point to tie it at 21. If I don't find some playmakers with some conistency offensively, this ones a write off coz they'll keep putting up points guarenteed.

And Chris it's all the connection, not IN the game... just Playstation Network connecting to my wireless. One minute I'm connected, next thing I know I get signed out of PSN, signed out of OD and it counts as a restart. The only way I've found out that I won't be bothered by connection is when I sign on, my buddy list immediately pops up. It happens once in a blue moon the first time I turn it on, sometimes it takes 20 tries manually logging in, canceling the timed out connection, over and over.

I don't think simming the game is fair if I have NO control over the restart. I won't and never have restarted a game because I was losing. Anyways wish me luck Ima go try and figure out these Gators.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 2:42 am

LongGONE24 wrote:
Well I may prove that I can take a CPU loss if I don't step it up. At halftime the Gators are playing tough, deadlocked at 21-21. They've came out strong and a flutter pass went for a pick six putting me down by 8, I rallied back with 1:30 on the clock put the ball in the endzone and converted the 2 point to tie it at 21. If I don't find some playmakers with some conistency offensively, this ones a write off coz they'll keep putting up points guarenteed.

And Chris it's all the connection, not IN the game... just Playstation Network connecting to my wireless. One minute I'm connected, next thing I know I get signed out of PSN, signed out of OD and it counts as a restart. The only way I've found out that I won't be bothered by connection is when I sign on, my buddy list immediately pops up. It happens once in a blue moon the first time I turn it on, sometimes it takes 20 tries manually logging in, canceling the timed out connection, over and over.

I don't think simming the game is fair if I have NO control over the restart. I won't and never have restarted a game because I was losing. Anyways wish me luck Ima go try and figure out these Gators.

That connection issues sounds like a pain...sounds like you in a dog fight....Florida is a Rival game I imagine...I have them later in the year...they always play me tough.....good luck...make sure get your running game going...sometimes i get away from that to early when the game is tight...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 9 Discussion   2019 Week 9 Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2019 Week 9 Discussion
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next