Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
axspecialk

PostSubject: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Mon 07 Dec 2009, 8:50 am

LMFAO i think this kinda stuff is hilarious. I don think that they should play a power house team so that all this talk about how good they are can stop. The bottom line is TCU and Boise play absolutely no one all damn year... and a one loss team is better than either one of them. I think the bcs is funny tho for going hmm two teams no one wants to watch fuck it let them play it out for who is the best of the 2nd tier college football teams.. sorry i laughed till i came to tears when they made the announcement.. Gotta love college football.. For the Nat Champ i got my money on Texas.. Ingram gets the hiesman and Colt proves his worth thats normally how it goes.. The hiesman winner always struggles in the big game..

P.s i have a restart my kid was playing and picked up my bluetooth ps3 remote u kno for the movies and stuff and ejected the game. So i had to restart i took i a pic and ill post it i was up 21-7 in the third when it happened.. In case ne one has ne lip..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.carbsociety.com
LongGONE24
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Wed 09 Dec 2009, 1:49 am

lmao any lip.

I'll vouch for Boise here when I'll say that while they have a soft schedule... how many times does a program need to go undefeated to deserve a spot in the NC? REGARDLESS of the soft conference. I think the NCAA's doing a good job they gave them a game against a good Oregon team and Boise proved they can hang with one of the top Pac 10 dogs. Maybe I'm a bit biased because my buddy plays DT for them and my other buddies transferring there from JC next year. (DT Mike Atkinson and DE Tyrone Crawford if you're at all interested)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://q4tb.forumotion.net
axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Wed 09 Dec 2009, 1:57 am

To get u team up and win one game thats not enough.... all year they beat on everyone they play cause they suck.. but even the bad teams inna conference can get u in any year because they are never really that bad and i think boise has to show they can compete on a week to week basis before they get in.. I mean yes they beat oregon in the first game of the season but the begining is nothing like the end. all im saying is boise needs to go ahead and get in the big ten go undefeated there and then they can get some nat champ talk untill then.. they will continue to get over looked.. and in my opinion they arent really that good..
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Wed 09 Dec 2009, 3:19 am

i completely agree with ax
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://meatspin.com
LongGONE24
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Wed 09 Dec 2009, 3:20 am

I think they're on the right track to becoming a great team, the way they've recruited (I've seen it first hand) and the way they play - impresses me. But you're right, they're in a shitty conference. To their credit having what is it three or four consequtive undefeated seasons - that still says something. I'd put them over an SEC/Big 12 team with one loss without a doubt. I'm betting they play in the NC within the next 5. I'm hopeful my boys get to play in the big game!!
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Wed 09 Dec 2009, 6:13 am

You haven't really clarified tho, Ax or you Clevmire. What is it you don't like about the Bronco's? Is it the blue turf man? Coz I think that shits hard as brick.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Wed 09 Dec 2009, 6:18 am

i dont have ne thing against them other than they dont play no one and get alot of ppl going o.. they got robbed..i played college ball in the sunbelt n we dont really play ne one but its hard to gear up for good teams every week we played miami and its no joke. All im saying is if Boise wants ppl to take them serious they need to leave that slap dick conference and play a real schedule and if they can somehow magically go undefeated then ok...they are a real team till then just be happy ur inna bcs bowl.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Wed 09 Dec 2009, 6:23 am

Yeah, but an undefeated season in ANY D1 college conference is well deserving of a BCS, no? In credit to them, it's not like you can pick and chose what conference you play in unless I'm seemingly mistaken. For instance, in another OD I've got Boise but the Commish put them in the Pac 10 so I'm not worried about my strength in schedule at all. I agree, I think this would be a nice challenge and step forward for their program but realistically if they continue say the rivalry with Oregon and were to play a team like Miami or say Florida State... would a win over one of these teams and an undefeated season earn them a spot IYO?
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Wed 09 Dec 2009, 6:28 am

no u cant pick where u play but they can get invited into a bigger confrence i dont think they can get into the pac-10 but the big ten i think if they wanted in the big ten would let them in.. especially cause ppl are saying its a week confrence.. Im sure the big ten would love to have boise in there to give them a lil more cred.. and d1 undefeated is nice but trust me the diffrence between FSU and the New Mexico Lobos is massive.. so not really.. its just the fact of life sec pac10 acc big 12 big 10 and the big east(kinda) are tough confrences even the bad teams arent really that bad.. they just get beat on by the better teams all year.. ne how if they play oregon and can get another team or 2 to play every year and can win all thier games then i would give them consideration. Quality of wins matter... and they have one this year..they need more.. same goes for tcu stop playing losers get ur ass in the big 12 play kansas play oklahoma oklahoma state ksu mizzou and beat all those teams and go undefeated and ther is no questions..
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Wed 09 Dec 2009, 6:36 am

axspecialk wrote:
no u cant pick where u play but they can get invited into a bigger confrence i dont think they can get into the pac-10 but the big ten i think if they wanted in the big ten would let them in.. especially cause ppl are saying its a week confrence.. Im sure the big ten would love to have boise in there to give them a lil more cred.. and d1 undefeated is nice but trust me the diffrence between FSU and the New Mexico Lobos is massive.. so not really.. its just the fact of life sec pac10 acc big 12 big 10 and the big east(kinda) are tough confrences even the bad teams arent really that bad.. they just get beat on by the better teams all year.. ne how if they play oregon and can get another team or 2 to play every year and can win all thier games then i would give them consideration. Quality of wins matter... and they have one this year..they need more.. same goes for tcu stop playing losers get ur ass in the big 12 play kansas play oklahoma oklahoma state ksu mizzou and beat all those teams and go undefeated and ther is no questions..

word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://meatspin.com
chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Wed 09 Dec 2009, 7:28 am

In theory your idea is perfect for them to just get invited to a better conference but it is very hard to actually get invited to a bigger conference. Boise can't just get invited because of 5 or 6 great football seasons. They would have to do a number of other things to be able to get an invite. One thing is how it would effect other sports, they can't be in the Big 10 in one sport and in the WAC in all the others. Think about when the Big East added teams like USF, Connecticut, and others. They almost didn't get invites because the basketball programs didn't want them in as basketball teams. I realize Notee Dame is Independent and in the Big East but they are Notre Dame and they make their own rules. Also I know Boise has great facilities but they would need to expand their stadium. It would need to have a capacity of near the average capacity of the Big 10. Also changing conferences is very political and you need strong support from politicians. Way back when the SWAC disbanded and the Big 12 formed the last two spots game down to Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, and SMU. At the time there were two members of congress that went to Tech and Baylor these congress men helped make deals for their schools to get into the Big 12. Imagine how the college landscape would be today if SMU and TCU had congressmen at the time and were now in the Big 12. The most important thing though is money if the Big 10 can't feel like Boise can generate enough money they don't have a prayer at getting in because in today's time everything is about money. Oh and also nobody wants to go to Boise, Idaho. Just my thoughts on why it doesn't matter how bad Boise wants to go to a larger conference it is very unlikely to happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Wed 09 Dec 2009, 8:25 am

Chad ur absolutley right i forgot they suck at every other sport lol o well.. and i never suggested they play just football in the big ten i was thinking about location and stuff... hey honestly idc if they stay out there and go undefeated as long as they do it quitley lol i just hate the bcs buster boise state like come on why do we have to talk about them every year. they get one decent win a year..
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Thu 10 Dec 2009, 9:55 am

Ya they do suck at everything else for sure lol and trust me i don't want to see them anywhere near the national championship but i'm just saying they can't really control who they play in conference. If they really wanted a shot at a title they should schedule all their nonconference games against GOOD bcs schools on the ROAD not at home they can beat anybody in boise but i wanna see them go to the big house or the swamp or to somewhere like that and get a win. when they do that then they should get minimal consideration for the NC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Thu 10 Dec 2009, 10:03 am

the thing that i dont like about boise is that hey try to schedule tough teams but they have to play at home so the big names decline and everyone calls them cowards
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Thu 10 Dec 2009, 10:06 am

Thats why they need to play someone on the road
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Thu 10 Dec 2009, 10:07 am

I don't understand Fiesta Bowl's position in picking these two teams.

Its David vs David...instead of the David/Goliath matchups we want to see with these teams, to validate if they can compete with the big dogs.

This bowl game will prove nothing, except give the WAC or Mtn West presidents something to gripe about when one of their teams go 14-0 and have the same record as the Nat'l Champion.

Makes no sense to me, I would like to see TCU vs G-Tech, or Florida, or boise play Iowa or Cncy...something to that affect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Thu 10 Dec 2009, 10:09 am

yeah thats what im saying maybe if florida wud rape a team like boise so then all the boise fans would shut the hell up for once
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Thu 10 Dec 2009, 10:10 am

I agree with you buc, we had this matchup last year and while it was a great game in the whatever bowl they were in I would have loved to see if one of them could actually beaten florida

but then again the bcs probably didn't want boise/tcu to play any of them cause if they win it gives more credibility to the non-bcs team getting into the national championship
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Thu 10 Dec 2009, 10:11 am

Yea Chad..i guess it can go both ways. Stupid BCS lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Thu 10 Dec 2009, 10:37 am

Bucc that was the whole point of my post the bcs did that intentionally.. they no one cares about either one of those schools.. so instead of give them a shot at making it a convo u let them battle it out for second best.. everyones kinda happy.. i think its bs too.. they both should have played big schools i would have loved to see gt vs tcu and iowa and boise ... cause both of them would have lost... bcs knows what they doing homie..
Back to top Go down
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   Thu 10 Dec 2009, 10:42 am

yeah your right there ax butas much as i dont want to say it i think that there needs to be a playoff so no one can compalin anymore and juust end all of this i know it would be hard to do and all but it seems like the best solution
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!   

Back to top Go down

Boise vs TCU in the Who cares Bowl!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD :: Real College Football Talk-
Jump to: