Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2016 Week 3 Discussion

Go down 
+8
ggang21
BucNutts
boondock3691
luvtotha9s
llcoolgrey
titangator
LongGONE24
axspecialk
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 2:19 am

ok...so who had the problem with Boones farm?....please step up and lets hear it......
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
ggang21

ggang21

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 2:25 am

llcoolgrey wrote:
yea if Ax is open to it...i wouldnt mind having your Wolverines invade Autzen next year.

Those two early fgs were big. I agree. But i really thought those 3rd quarter interceptions killed you. I didn't even realize you threw 5 Picks till after the game. I think i def got lucky to with that pass to Michael Owens Jr to end the half for that long TD pass.

all in all i think we had a really close battle that could have gone either way. Especially if you cut down on those turnovers.

Yeah for some odd reason i cant never finish out strong. I always mess up n the 2nd half. o yeah that TD to Owens was crazy. When i switched on to the defender i messed him up. i think he was in place to make a play on the ball but Owens is a good WR. I see he is leading in rec yards.
Back to top Go down
boondock3691

boondock3691

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 2:44 am

yea again i apologize for that grey, in the heat of the moment i felt like i needed to do that but we already have that cleared up.

and yea buc that was one of the more exciting games but again i apologize for the lag (it was KILLING me too trust me) i think i have a new spot to play at now so it shouldnt be a problem anymore(coke can 2nd that i hope...). i remember that play as well and it was iffy looking back at it.

it looks like the only people i have played are coke and the new auburn guy...
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 3:54 am

I can't vouch because I havent played dock either, btu there's a fine line between sim and non sim, you either are or you arent. Some people are my defenition of un-sim and would fight to death about it, but I think speaking as probably the quickest to call cheese, going for it on 4th is a very very clear indicator of somebodies user game etiquette and the type of players we agreed when we started this OD we wanted to avoid. I don't think going for it on 4th is acceptable at all in the first half... I can understand if you're across the 50, between there and the 35 and a field goal is just out of the question... I assume. But I think in this game if you stop your opponent on 3rd down... you deserve the ball back, that's always been my opinion and anyones who played me will probably vouch I've punted it in situations that probably could've made a case for going for, just out of respect and really out of football realism. Going for it on your own side of the 50, on 4th down unless your trailing late is rediculous. We all know 99.9% of the time it doesn't happen and that's my opinion on it, it's not to debate... it is what it is, nothing could be said to change that.

At the same time, we've got a good corps of competiton here, n the last person who would want to weed anyboyd or anything out is me... but I also do know that some play different, some have different opinions about sim play... and some people are just convinced that what they do is sim. You can't go and put too many rules on how somebody plays because that takes all of the fun out of it. I think this OD's lax and moxy for those kind of things are the foundation why were 22+ seasons deep and still goin hard.

With that being said, it isn't really fair because we don't exactly have a list of rules like TraditionFootball or OperationSports hosted ODs... so it's not like we've got anywhere to point the finger after an occurance and say "there".

I'm as competitive as the next guy and at first it was tough for me to take losses, because of my competitiveness. It's become easier, but some games it is tough because it's bull if you feel you've sorta been cheated. Or you feel that one play or a series of plays that should've been avioded because they weren't sim - were the reason they lost.

Until I play somebody I won't say they're not sim... but if and when we do play Dock, you'll be the first to kno mine.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 3:56 am

Mydas, let me kno when you can play tonight and I'll make myself availible.

Have Ax text me the time thats good for you, I don't wotrk early or nothing tommorow so I can be up. I'm Eastern time, keep in mind.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 5:06 am

Arizona State falls to 0-2 in PAC 10, Loses to Ducks

Arizona State dropped their second game in a row Saturday to the Oregon Ducks 49 to 24. The loss drops the Sun Devils to 1 and 2 on the season and 0-2 in Pac 10 play, "It's gonna be tough from here on out, gonna have to have some help to get back in this Pac 10 race, but you know we can only control what we do, not what other teams do. With that being said, we will go back to the drawing board and see if we cant find a way to stop somebody on defense, I believe that is our Achilles heel right now, we gotta figure out a way to get out defense off the field," said Hickerson. This was a game Arizona State led in the second half with less than 4 minutes to go in the third quarter, but then the Ducks woke up and scored 35 points from that point on to give themselves the lead. The Sun Devils had a 1st and goal opportunity in the third, and gave it to their do it all back Clinton Webb 3 times and got to the 1, but Hickerson elected to take a field goal and 3 points on 4th and goal from the 1 instead of trying to make it a 14 point game. "If I looked back at it now, would I change my decision, probably not, but you never know, I did what I thought was best for the team and it didn't work out like we wanted, the game hinges on more than that one thing," said a frustrated Hickerson. Webb eclipsed the 200 yard mark on the ground for the second time in 3 games this year, carrying the ball 17 times for 208 yards and 3 touchdowns.

great game grey, look forward to building a rivalry.... hopefully i can start pulling in some players lol
Back to top Go down
boondock3691

boondock3691

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 5:10 am

LongGONE24 wrote:
I can't vouch because I havent played dock either, btu there's a fine line between sim and non sim, you either are or you arent. Some people are my defenition of un-sim and would fight to death about it, but I think speaking as probably the quickest to call cheese, going for it on 4th is a very very clear indicator of somebodies user game etiquette and the type of players we agreed when we started this OD we wanted to avoid. I don't think going for it on 4th is acceptable at all in the first half... I can understand if you're across the 50, between there and the 35 and a field goal is just out of the question... I assume. But I think in this game if you stop your opponent on 3rd down... you deserve the ball back, that's always been my opinion and anyones who played me will probably vouch I've punted it in situations that probably could've made a case for going for, just out of respect and really out of football realism. Going for it on your own side of the 50, on 4th down unless your trailing late is rediculous. We all know 99.9% of the time it doesn't happen and that's my opinion on it, it's not to debate... it is what it is, nothing could be said to change that.

i agree 100% its soooo hard to get stops in this game so you should be rewarded when you do.
that being said, now would be a good time to get a concrete ruling on this. during the acc championship game last year i stopped coke on his own 40 (i think it was his 1st drive, definitely the 1st qtr tho) but it was 4th and inches. he said it was his decision on weather or not to go for it, but u guys say otherwise... So even the older guys have slightly different opinions on this rule.
it would be nice to get a definitive rule in place so there's no debates during games you know?
Back to top Go down
llcoolgrey

llcoolgrey

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 5:15 am

Oregon uses late 3rd Quarter Surge to beat the feisty Arizona St Sun Devils

Oregon 49
Arizona St 24

Oregon started out of the gates fast, running the ball at will, capping their first drive with a 57 yard counter from HB Grant Nash for a TD to take a 7-0 lead, but it was clear early that the Sun Devils came for a brawl.

On their first drive, the Sun Devils attemped two Play Action passes and were sacked leaving them at 3rd and 28. But the leading rusher in the nation Clinton Webb, broke off a huge run to convert the first down. Later in the drive Webb would tie the game up at 7-7 with a 8 yard scamper into the end zone.

Oregon would answer with the 5th TD of Michael Owens Jr.s Young career for a 13 yard pass into the endzone making it 14-7. But after an Aerillius Williams fumble, Webb would score again tying the game before halftime.

The Sun Devils would come out pumped up in the third quarter starting with a Clinton Webb 73 yard TD run that had the Ducks stunned and with their first defecit of the season, and things didn't get better, as Trenton Hood would fumble the ball giving it back to the sun devils. And with 1st and Goal the Oregon defense would stand up. Holding Arizona St to a FG on the 1 yard line.

It was then that the game shifted. Oregon TE Chris Hines would take a pass over the middle for 74 yards and a quick score. The ensuing Arizona St drive, Marlo Harper would pick off The Sun Devils QB and almost score. Hood would pound it in for his 2nd TD of the day.

After a 3 and out, Maurice Davis would hook up with Oregon WR Raymond Austin on a 51 Yard Pass to bring the roaring Oregon Ducks all the way back in a commanding position. The Sun Devils would fumble the kickoff, and Oregon would score. And to cap off the night, Maurice Davis found Obediah Johnson for a 63 yard pass over the middle for a score.

Oregon
Maurice Davis 216 Yards 4 TDs
Michael Owens Jr 1 TD
Trenton Hood 100 Yards 2 TDs

Arizona St
Clinton Webb 208 yards 3 TDs

Next up Oregon travels to Stanford
Back to top Go down
http://www.Greymusic.com
llcoolgrey

llcoolgrey

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 5:18 am

Great game Gator...i know when you get some of your guys in that program its gna be a dog fight!

And i didnt have time to save replays...had to get back to work!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 5:34 am

In regards to Boone, have not had the chance to play him, will get the opportunity next week, but from comments I have read doesn't appear to be doing anything un SIM? Guess I will have more thoughts after we play....
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 5:34 am

im sorry i really dont like these sliders.. maybe my team is just that good.. idk.. ILLI gets rolled.. and its ALL DEFENSE!!! i know that the score says 80-7.. but let me give u my stats offensively..

Qb Williamson 11-18 172 4td
hb R.Graham 16 att 153 and 3 td
hb King 6 Carries 46 yads
WR C.Phillips 5 rec 69 yards 1 td
Wr B.Evans 3 rec 72 2td

Thats it.. as i said all defense they had 7 ints!!! thats insane.. 4 forced fumbles.. got 2 of those and 4 td's

They say defense wins championships.. well then it looks like im going 3 inna row.. i really dont kno if my d is that good.. but thats a rivalry game now the illi qb kept making poor throws under pressure.. but cmon the cpu didnt play like that b4.. Im sorry that just wasnt even ne fun.. i played limited offense then i had to stop throwing cause they were getting dogged i would have had mroe fun on a super sim.. 5 vids are up feel free to take a lone as they were all in the first quarter i think...

BOOOOOO to these sliders.......

Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 5:36 am

I punted the ball though and that's the only time I've even considered that because it's hard to keep up with your shenanigans
boondock3691 wrote:
LongGONE24 wrote:

i agree 100% its soooo hard to get stops in this game so you should be rewarded when you do.
that being said, now would be a good time to get a concrete ruling on this. during the acc championship game last year i stopped coke on his own 40 (i think it was his 1st drive, definitely the 1st qtr tho) but it was 4th and inches. he said it was his decision on weather or not to go for it, but u guys say otherwise... So even the older guys have slightly different opinions on this rule.
it would be nice to get a definitive rule in place so there's no debates during games you know?
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 5:56 am

cookan if u could just say all your problems with him and his gameplay.. it would help possibly resolve the situation
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 6:08 am

yes...would love to hear about these shenanigans.....as for the sliders...lets try the same sliders but play on Heisman....we are all good enough to handle it
Back to top Go down
llcoolgrey

llcoolgrey

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 6:12 am

and yea ax...no game is easy when your michael jordan lol

you have a 96 rated qb, your wrs are 90s...defense is disgusting...wut do you expecT?

I guarentee if you started over and made a move like Gruden or Bucc did...youd see the difference.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 6:21 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
yes...would love to hear about these shenanigans.....as for the sliders...lets try the same sliders but play on Heisman....we are all good enough to handle it

I'm all for it....just want games to be fun, competitive (it's ok to lose to the cpu sometimes), and scores that are reasonable....games with people putting up 70 and 80 is not fun or reasonable imho....to bad there wasn't a set a sliders that cut out the nonsense of audibles to easy exploiting cpu (i.e having a LB on coverage vs you best WR by lining him up in the slot, I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to exploit these situations, i.e the late option pitch i.e rolling your qb out and waiting for WR to clear etc...)....It comes down to either....

A. you know there is the exploit and you just choice not to exploit it

B. or exploit it and run up scores and say the sliders/system is broke, which it is...

So who do you/we want to be as an OD?????.....Or option C, which I think is what 9's is getting at....crank the sliders up, crank game play up to Heisman and make you earn every yard/stop/point etc...
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 6:23 am

llcoolgrey wrote:
and yea ax...no game is easy when your michael jordan lol

you have a 96 rated qb, your wrs are 90s...defense is disgusting...wut do you expecT?

I guarentee if you started over and made a move like Gruden or Bucc did...youd see the difference.

that is true, your team is loaded...ask tiatan what he thinks of the settings....I felt like my game vs Arkansas was pretty tough...won solid 24-0, at home....there offence had problems, but I felt like the D settings were legit...
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 6:24 am

I consider myself sim.....but i disagree on 4th down calls...thats a coaches call.....and its not a gimmee....its a risk reward situation...just cuz most coaches are pussies and afraid to take chances cuz their livliehood is on the line.....If I'm over the 50 and out of field goal range....I will usually go for it.....and I have seen it in countless games so no one can say it doesnt happen in real life....its a case by case thing...and a coach by coach thing....some coaches take risks....most don't

hell UCONN went for it on 4th just this past week...on their own 20 with the game on the line...if they wouldnt have gotten it, Pitt would have just kicked the FG for the win.....forget going for it on 4th...is Boone glitching/cheesing?..If not take your losses like a man...this thinly veiled accusation stuff isnt cool...and I dont know Boone from Adam..going for it on 4th when he has a lead...now thats dick i agree....but not if you can convert a 4th to clinch a game....its a fine line....the one thing we should get away from is ...more sim than thou stuff.......its a case by case thing....and looking at the stats...alot of us are very unsim
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 6:28 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
I consider myself sim.....but i disagree on 4th down calls...thats a coaches call.....and its not a gimmee....its a risk reward situation...just cuz most coaches are pussies and afraid to take chances cuz their livliehood is on the line.....If I'm over the 50 and out of field goal range....I will usually go for it.....and I have seen it in countless games so no one can say it doesnt happen in real life....its a case by case thing...and a coach by coach thing....some coaches take risks....most don't

hell UCONN went for it on 4th just this past week...on their own 20 with the game on the line...if they wouldnt have gotten it, Pitt would have just kicked the FG for the win.....forget going for it on 4th...is Boone glitching/cheesing?..If not take your losses like a man...this thinly veiled accusation stuff isnt cool...and I dont know Boone from Adam..going for it on 4th when he has a lead...now thats dick i agree....but not if you can convert a 4th to clinch a game....its a fine line....the one thing we should get away from is ...more sim than thou stuff.......its a case by case thing....and looking at the stats...alot of us are very unsim

I think the best thing for the OD is to privately address your opponent though an email, text etc....if you don't feel like you can come to a reasonable resolution by this means thin take it to the forums and lets discuss it....always been a firm believer in laying it out for discussion and work it out...in the end it's better for the overall health of the OD....
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 6:32 am

I agree.....i will always speak my mind...without malice.....not sure if you remember when K ran the Wildcat like 50 times in one of our Civil Wars.....did I talk shit behind his back?...no.....I handled it like a man...and told him how i feel....he even agreed he overused it....thus his nickname...Mr Wildcat.......communication is the key!!!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 6:40 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
I agree.....i will always speak my mind...without malice.....not sure if you remember when K ran the Wildcat like 50 times in one of our Civil Wars.....did I talk shit behind his back?...no.....I handled it like a man...and told him how i feel....he even agreed he overused it....thus his nickname...Mr Wildcat.......communication is the key!!!

You have more nicknames for K then I can count...."Genius", "Mr Wildcat"....."Wildcat" (when your in a hurry)..."Goldie Hawn Wildcat"...."Capitan Komeback" (ok I made that one up after he broke my heart last year on his dramatic comeback to win by 1....."Cool Breeze"...."The Florida DJ"....just a few off the top of my head.....
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 6:42 am

Coach Gruden wrote:
luvtotha9s wrote:

You have more nicknames for K then I can count...."Genius", "Mr Wildcat"....."Wildcat" (when your in a hurry)..."Goldie Hawn Wildcat"...."Capitan Komeback" (ok I made that one up after he broke my heart last year on his dramatic comeback to win by 1....."Cool Breeze"...."The Florida DJ"....just a few off the top of my head.....
That's why hes the man....and why we can see eye to eye......I told him what angered me...and he handled it

now if we can just come up with some challenging sliders that he won't complain about...cuz he hates to not score at least 63 points and put up major ass stats.....I got a new nickname for him....Statswhore...I love ya K
Back to top Go down
alemic

alemic

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 6:50 am

boondock the main issue i saw with your playing:

1. still throwing with a 28+ point lead while I was even running down the clock.
2. the same plays on defense the entire time. only one or two plays i honestly dont remember the formation, but its impossible to get anything going against it.
3. QB scrambling like crazy to get receivers open... use your QB's feet, just dont roll out to wait on the receivers to break their routes.

other than that you just have a crazy fast team that is almost impossible to stop on defense.
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 6:57 am

ok...running up the score on a user is definitely frowned upon here...I dont care what you do to the cpu....cuz a cpu doesnt have a heart...but that does seem bunk to still be slinging it around when up by 28...Titan will tell you(if he remembers) in one of our matchups last year....he moved schools...and was obviously weaker....I had a 6 star sqaud and just smoked him...could have killed him even more...but actually ran out bounds on a int return and took a knee.....seeing that 52-7 score did raise my eyebrows....but i do know how touchy some of those Tradition cats are....and I'm a member there myself....the man has apoint though
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 7:00 am

alemic wrote:
boondock the main issue i saw with your playing:

1. still throwing with a 28+ point lead while I was even running down the clock.
2. the same plays on defense the entire time. only one or two plays i honestly dont remember the formation, but its impossible to get anything going against it.
3. QB scrambling like crazy to get receivers open... use your QB's feet, just dont roll out to wait on the receivers to break their routes.

other than that you just have a crazy fast team that is almost impossible to stop on defense.
please explain the use your qb's feet thing..do you mean just run when you get out of the pocket.the last thing i wanna do is limit a user.cuz i like to roll out with my qb from time to time myself.....and never understood others complaints about it.....if you do it every play...theni understand....but 5 or 6 rollouts a game shouldnt be a big deal...and anything is up for grabs when you are losing big and trying to scamper back.....but Mydas..i did happen to peep your 685 throwing effort with like 60 tosses....i know you were behind and what not....so those 3 restarts looked even more alarming

Last edited by luvtotha9s on Tue 16 Nov 2010, 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week 3 Discussion   2016 Week 3 Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2016 Week 3 Discussion
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next