Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2017 Week 1 Discussion

Go down 
+7
llcoolgrey
luvtotha9s
cokanblues
Goatstain
Coach Gruden
titangator
axspecialk
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
llcoolgrey

llcoolgrey

2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 12:55 am

me and 9s get a rematch from the Rose Bowl!!! can't wait till week three. I know he got alot of bad breaks, so im expecting a big challenge from those Nittany Lions in Autzen
Back to top Go down
http://www.Greymusic.com
llcoolgrey

llcoolgrey

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 1:01 am

and then i get a chance at revenge with Macc also...im hoping Marcus Eldridge cuts his throwing hand on the knife of sarcasm

then Arizona State gets a chance at the Mighty Mighty Ducks
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 1:05 am

i just played a game offline using those slider i was oregon and the cpu was alabama and i lost.. 42-28 7 of my 28 came from a kick return for a td.. IM not gonna bash the sliders but they need to be adjusted to compensate for the spread running teams.. lamicheal james 11 carries 8 yards.. .7 yards a carry?! come on.. how ever mark ingram 28 carries 231 yards.. lol granted he had a huge run of 69 yards.. i had some plays where the cpu jumped my routes in the meanest way.. but whatever its what u guys wanna do so be it.. but we need to tweak it to allow ppl who run a spread offense to actually be able to run out of it.. cause as it is now i absolutley can not.. the oline didnt win ne one one battles.. i was gaining negative yardage on a 3-3-5 now we all kno thats not suppose to happen my 5 ol on ur 4 lb i shouldnt get tackeld in the back field.. well at least not all the time.. and human int needs to be turned up he threw balls right at my defenders and they dropped it not to pleased about that..o and i got stoped from inches out 4 downs inna row using every kinda run u can thing of.. the stopped a qb draw out of 4 wr with 4 line man.. and it was a jail break i saved the vid.. lol but please for fucks sake fix it so i have a chance to run out of the shotgun.. thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 1:08 am

axspecialk wrote:
i just played a game offline using those slider i was oregon and the cpu was alabama and i lost.. 42-28 7 of my 28 came from a kick return for a td.. IM not gonna bash the sliders but they need to be adjusted to compensate for the spread running teams.. lamicheal james 11 carries 8 yards.. .7 yards a carry?! come on.. how ever mark ingram 28 carries 231 yards.. lol granted he had a huge run of 69 yards.. i had some plays where the cpu jumped my routes in the meanest way.. but whatever its what u guys wanna do so be it.. but we need to tweak it to allow ppl who run a spread offense to actually be able to run out of it.. cause as it is now i absolutley can not.. the oline didnt win ne one one battles.. i was gaining negative yardage on a 3-3-5 now we all kno thats not suppose to happen my 5 ol on ur 4 lb i shouldnt get tackeld in the back field.. well at least not all the time.. and human int needs to be turned up he threw balls right at my defenders and they dropped it not to pleased about that..o and i got stoped from inches out 4 downs inna row using every kinda run u can thing of.. the stopped a qb draw out of 4 wr with 4 line man.. and it was a jail break i saved the vid.. lol but please for fucks sake fix it so i have a chance to run out of the shotgun.. thanks Smile
sounds good to me....you averaging 11 some a carry wasnt realistic either......I want to play with them before judgement is passed
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 1:13 am

Ii have a bad feeling about my team this year I have no running game at all
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 1:27 am

I recruited this morning, three instant commitments... all defensive backs two CBs and a SS. All average, they'll need some time to learn on the bench but will be good players down the stretch.

Gruden, don't go rent the game. You must delete all of your files from NCAA11 off of the hard disk drive and then try to load the game. Not at the PS3 to show exactly how yuop do it, I believe you've got to go into the Save Data File. Don't stress, there shouldn't be an issue it's happened to me before.

Nice to see Titan off to a winning start.

My running game will have the two headed monster, Shaun Jordan proved he could run the ball in his true freshman year, his redshrit was removed when our running back corps got depleted. He had a year on the bench last season so he will be coming in as a rs sophmore, hopefully his all around skills with the ball in his hand will be enough to keep defences in cheque. My true freshman RB comes in at 61 OVR but we need his speed, he'll also be returning punts and kicks for us this year.

There are some really, really talented recruits this year I'm interested to see how the recruiting pans out.

I'll play my game tonight after work, aruond 6pm eastern.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
llcoolgrey

llcoolgrey

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 1:31 am

Owens Jr: Unstoppable; #4 Oregon knocks off #9 Texas

Eugene, OR - After rising to elite program status following a commanding Rose Bowl win over Penn State, Oregon launched its 2017 campaign with higher hopes. Starting the season ranked #4th in the nation, behind QB Maurice Davis, RB Trevor Moore, an excellent WR corps led by All-American Michael Owens Jr, and a tough nosed defense.

Week 1 started off with the #9 Texas Longhorns on the road in Autzen for a early season Juggernauts matchup. Early on both teams could not find their rythem, as Oregon punted in it's first three posessions. Texas was no better, as they stalled three straight times as well. On the fourth drive of the game, Oregon ripped off huge chunks of yards behind clutch 3rd down catches by Owens Jr., and after Texas was caught out of place, Trevor Moore caught a out route TD to give the Ducks a 7-0 lead in the second quarter. The Oregon defense, not to be outdone by it's offense, quickly set the tone when CB Alex Salyer picked off TexaS qb Ben Williams for a 29 yard Pick and score.

Texas would determined to stay close, found WR Leon Richardson for a 41 yard score off a blown coverage by the Ducks secondary making it 14-7 Oregon. It was then that All-American Michael Owens Jr. asserted himself, scoring twice before halftime on a 7 yard and 24 yard strike to stun the Longhorns 28-7. Both defenses would settle down turning out a scoreless 3rd quarter for both teams, and Soph Oregon Kicker Chris Starger would add 3 FG's to pace the Ducks to a 37-22 win over Texas

Final Score

Oregon 37
Texas 22

QB Maurice Davis 17-29, 284 Yards, 3 TDs
WR Michael Owens Jr. 9 Catches, 153 Yards, 2 TDs
CB Alex Salyer 1 Int, 1TD

Oregon has a bye in week 2, but face a Penn State team looking for payback from a Rose Bowl loss in Autzen week 3
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 1:44 am

LongGONE24 wrote:
I recruited this morning, three instant commitments... all defensive backs two CBs and a SS. All average, they'll need some time to learn on the bench but will be good players down the stretch.

Gruden, don't go rent the game. You must delete all of your files from NCAA11 off of the hard disk drive and then try to load the game. Not at the PS3 to show exactly how yuop do it, I believe you've got to go into the Save Data File. Don't stress, there shouldn't be an issue it's happened to me before.

Nice to see Titan off to a winning start.

My running game will have the two headed monster, Shaun Jordan proved he could run the ball in his true freshman year, his redshrit was removed when our running back corps got depleted. He had a year on the bench last season so he will be coming in as a rs sophmore, hopefully his all around skills with the ball in his hand will be enough to keep defences in cheque. My true freshman RB comes in at 61 OVR but we need his speed, he'll also be returning punts and kicks for us this year.

There are some really, really talented recruits this year I'm interested to see how the recruiting pans out.

I'll play my game tonight after work, aruond 6pm eastern.

thanks for heads up Macc, I was about to head to video store, I will try this first, hope it fix situation....and in regards to sliders, I would like to try them first before passing judgement too..
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 1:49 am

keep us updated Gru.......
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 1:57 am

in regards to my hbs average.. ask gruden macc or grey.. that shit is real.. he had like 11 a carry but he is fast as shit and on the outsides he is a problem.. he isnt ur typical in the middle burising back.. but the sliders are tougher cookan if u can throw than u will be fie i threw for 400 yads but only because i had to has a had 22 caries for negative yardage.. if we work that out we should be ok.. mark ingram is a beast 200 yards is too much for him but it just needs some tweakin..
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 2:07 am

I hear ya...but great backs do get shutdown from time to time.....its very realistic...putting up huges ass stats every game...isnt.....I thought I read that Goat said you have to be more conservative in your approach to offense....you cant expect to hit 80 yard option runs every play...we all love our stats....but harder sliders keep everyone on the same page....and makes every game a playoff...just like real life
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 2:17 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
keep us updated Gru.......

Macc you DAMN Genius and if you were around I would Kiss You! Thanks, looks like clearing out files was the trick...thanks bro! Will play my game by 1pst....
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 2:20 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
I hear ya...but great backs do get shutdown from time to time.....its very realistic...putting up huges ass stats every game...isnt.....I thought I read that Goat said you have to be more conservative in your approach to offense....you cant expect to hit 80 yard option runs every play...we all love our stats....but harder sliders keep everyone on the same page....and makes every game a playoff...just like real life

Axe I know you can run, expirieced it first hand LOL....I would say this...and in real life I have seen LMJ get stuffed and stuffedd...if he only get's 11 carries then it's going to be a rough day...I think Goat and 9's are hitting on a good point, you have to be maybe more conservative then with the old sliders, and keep feeding the rock, he very easily could bust off a big run on attempt 20 and end up with 90 yards for the day?
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 2:55 am

Chris Johnson is a great example... he has more 1 and 2 yard runs thans I have ever seen any GREAT back have... but then if he gets a little daylight on the 16th carry, HOLLA
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 2:57 am

right mean while on the other side of the ball mark ingram goes for 200 n change?? ya we are real sim now..lol im not fighting for 11 yards a carry avg.. but 4..maybe 5 something a back like him would have.. not .7.. not even a yard a carry show me a game where james had that at ne point after 11 carries...this is the problem with searching for toughness from cpu it just gets gay.. one play every single dline man i had was on the ground while alabamas qb is just standing ther.. is that sim? no its horse shit im not afraid of challenge nor do i care about inflated stats but i do not play this GAME to watch it fuck me over n over...whatever man i wont say another word.. cause im comin off as a complainer but just fix this shit.. or ill throw that shit 60 times a game for 600 yards... i just would hate to lose intrest in this dynasty cause the sliders make the game uber gay.. i play in that one star and those sliders are hard and ya its gay but hell imma one star team it should be..and beating colorado state 24-18 is fun and competitive... but that team sux and its expected.. whatever all i no is i read that run block varys for the style of offense so can we plays make shotgun running effective for users.. thanks
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 2:58 am

titangator wrote:
Chris Johnson is a great example... he has more 1 and 2 yard runs thans I have ever seen any GREAT back have... but then if he gets a little daylight on the 16th carry, HOLLA

yep he runs for 1 yard 3 yards - yards thats all good.. .7 yards a carry thru 11? and thats the pros this is college football
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 3:01 am

the 100 back in college football right now has 138 carries for 645 plays for fiu avg 4.74 yards a carry.. i had 24 carries in that game between both hbs and qb and has like 23 yards.. i dont even understand what the argument is right now.. that is clearly not right
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 3:11 am

i can't really elaborate on ax, because i could never run from the shotgum. i mean, i absolutely suck at it. but, in my last game (unc vs. ariz st.), i averaged about 4 yds a carry.

also, i understand that we're all familiar with stats that are totally apeshit. however, even the greatest college rb's (bo jackson, earl campbell, herschel, etc.) averaged maybe 8 yds a carry. i don't give a shit if usain bolt strapped on a helmet. he would not be averaging 11 yards a carry. thats just totally ridiculous. it had come to a point, that punting vs. the cpu, was about as common as a sasquatch sighting.
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 3:47 am

lol..fucking Goat.....look...its bigfoot!!!
Back to top Go down
llcoolgrey

llcoolgrey

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 3:57 am

on this setting its all about gang tackling...i just faced texas's rb and held him to 11 yards on 14 attempts. and he has 99 speed agility acceleration and is rated in the 90s.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:16 am

slider change wont happen till next week grey u played on the old sliders..goat he was a gadget back.. more like a wr takeing end arounds off course they have high avgs.. his first year all i did was give him option pitches and end arounds.. never ran him inside.. and last year he did carry some inside and i dont think his avg was 11 dont quote me on that tho... but thats not the point lol idc if he arvgs 5 a carry .. im just saying shotgun up the middle running the base of my offense.. read option.. hb dive hb off tackel ne thing out of shotgun was shut all the way down and its needs to be fixed that is all...last year it was completely broken and i had to run out of the fuckin wild cat to get decent yardage.. and that didnt even work on these sliders cause the jumped all over the option back.. so the made it a point in 11 to fix shotgun running and it works... it has in the 6 or 7 years so far we been playing and with those sliders it does not.. i read when we changed sliders last season that u hd to adjust them for shotgun running cause those are based of of under center runs and im just saying we need to do that..
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:41 am

axspecialk wrote:
slider change wont happen till next week grey u played on the old sliders..goat he was a gadget back.. more like a wr takeing end arounds off course they have high avgs.. his first year all i did was give him option pitches and end arounds.. never ran him inside.. and last year he did carry some inside and i dont think his avg was 11 dont quote me on that tho... but thats not the point lol idc if he arvgs 5 a carry .. im just saying shotgun up the middle running the base of my offense.. read option.. hb dive hb off tackel ne thing out of shotgun was shut all the way down and its needs to be fixed that is all...last year it was completely broken and i had to run out of the fuckin wild cat to get decent yardage.. and that didnt even work on these sliders cause the jumped all over the option back.. so the made it a point in 11 to fix shotgun running and it works... it has in the 6 or 7 years so far we been playing and with those sliders it does not.. i read when we changed sliders last season that u hd to adjust them for shotgun running cause those are based of of under center runs and im just saying we need to do that..

i understand. and i'm cool with any adjustments the majority cares to make.

i'm not sure if it matters any, but i put the top two defensive gameplan things on conservative. seems to cut down drastically on the # of tackles the cpu breaks.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:50 am

I'm with ax, I'm all for competitiveness vs the CPU but I don't want RoboRB running up and down the field on me despite the fact that I take a perfect angle, use my best tackling linebacker and send a couple more guys. I want a healthy balance and I think we all need to recognize EA Sports makes the game without. Either we're going to be dropping games to the CPU no matter what we do, or people will be putting up big numbers. I don't get carried away because I think last season was prolly one of the funnest, and everything was competitive, nothing was REDICULOUS consistently. We won't have exact numbers as real college football EVER, we need to realize that. I'll be around to play W1 at 6pm, I'm sure I'll be one of the last. Hopefully we get to w2 early enough so that I can play tonight and be among the first done.

Whats the status on it anyways? How many left?
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 5:16 am

So just curious here, how does the new guy land #17 LSU his first go around lol. I know he has to take a SEC team in that division, but Ole Miss, Arky, Auburn, Miss St are all available and would fall under our criteria of teams more than LSU. Just wondering..
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 5:36 am

A&M open in SEC country to take on Tennessee...making his first start as a true freshman was Timmy Aikman, son of former NFL great, Troy Aikman....he would make his father proud with the steady performance in the hostile environment. What a game...

1st Half
Vols taking the KO and on third down behind poor A&M tackling TE Jeremy Joseph TE breaks (see video high lite) two tackles on a flat pass to go 70 yard from QB Ryan Hairston to give the Vols the early 7-0 lead....The 110,000 Vols fans are going crazy as the #13 ranked Aggies take the field but behind a nice mix of pass and run Aikman is a cool as the other side of the pillow, going 3-5 on the drive, capping off with a 17 yard strike to SR Scotty Burrell to tie the game 7-7....on the next Vol drive at mid field on 3-1, the Vols try to jam it up the middle twice with
AA Halfback Nick Ross and are stuffed to force a TO on downs....after 3 and out by both A&M & Vols the Aggies take over with about 3 min in the quarter and drive the field, but stopped on 3rd down send out there AA kicker for what would be a chip shot, but to Coach Gruden dismay, it's wide left and the score is still tied at 7. With just under a min to go to half the Vols crank it up and on 3rd and 10 from the 41 and only 0:03 on the clock dial up the bomb (see video high lite)and connect with no ticks left on the clock 14-7 Volunteers at half

2nd Half
A&M takes the KO and is able to put a nice drive together behind halfback Aaron Dockery (16-94) & Prezident Carter (15-90) to set up a strike from QB Aikman to fellow true freshman WR Reginald Davis from 17 yards out to tie the score once again at 14...The Vols were relentless, driving the field, getting down to the 5 on first down an INC pass, and two stuffed runs left the Vols staff with a choice, kick the FG to take the lead or go from it on the 1....Everyone thought it would be AA Nick Ross, but a play action pass is knocked down by SO CB A Cromartie (see high lite) to end the qt 14-14...A&M moves the ball into Vol land, but is stopped again, and on 4th down FG kicker Matt Watson takes the field and boots a 33 yd fg to take the lead. The A&M defense had to step up and it did forcing a punt, and from there it was all A&M power running to ice the game...final score

A&M 17
VOLS 14
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 1 Discussion   2017 Week 1 Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2017 Week 1 Discussion
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next