Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2017 Week 4 Discussion

Go down 
+7
LongGONE24
llcoolgrey
axspecialk
Coach Gruden
titangator
cokanblues
Mydas77
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mydas77

Mydas77

2017 Week 4 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 12:56 pm

up
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 1:00 pm

Heiden want to play?
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 1:22 pm

about to see what these sliders are about for the first time as i open up pac 10 play
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 2:08 pm

Trailing 45 to 14 after 3, i have serious concern and will voice it after the game
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 2:28 pm

Fsu is victorious after a defensive struggle 17-0 was the final score it was 7-0 the entire game until the fourth quarter when senior Ryan hayward came up with two big picks
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 2:31 pm

ok so i lost 45 to 21... really worried if i will ever be able to compete with you guys anymore... i have decided that taking mtsu to start fucked me over, while you guys were building powerhouses i was trying to simply win a game... i feel like this really set me back, not only did it drag my confidence down, it made me basically start over at a new school...

while i know buc and gruden have started at new schools, as well as coke and ggang... these guys are simply way better than me on the sticks, so while they may struggle to beat users for a while until their talent level is built back up, they will more than likely conitinue to beat the cpu, at least enough to earn stars and get recruits, i dunno that i will be able to do this...

i really do not know what to do, i know in the long run i will stick it out, and probably continue to lose over and over and over... but it is going to be extremely frustrating to not be able to build a program like you guys have done... at a crossroads and very frustrated right now... in q4tb i trust however, and eventually my stick skills will come back, and hopefully i will be able to comptete with the best again, it just sucks that every single season we have played, i have basically been out of the running for everything by week 5... very very frustrating, sorry to vent, but i have became unbelievably frustrated with this game lately and i needed to get it out lol
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 2:39 pm

titangator wrote:
ok so i lost 45 to 21... really worried if i will ever be able to compete with you guys anymore... i have decided that taking mtsu to start fucked me over, while you guys were building powerhouses i was trying to simply win a game... i feel like this really set me back, not only did it drag my confidence down, it made me basically start over at a new school...

while i know buc and gruden have started at new schools, as well as coke and ggang... these guys are simply way better than me on the sticks, so while they may struggle to beat users for a while until their talent level is built back up, they will more than likely conitinue to beat the cpu, at least enough to earn stars and get recruits, i dunno that i will be able to do this...

i really do not know what to do, i know in the long run i will stick it out, and probably continue to lose over and over and over... but it is going to be extremely frustrating to not be able to build a program like you guys have done... at a crossroads and very frustrated right now... in q4tb i trust however, and eventually my stick skills will come back, and hopefully i will be able to comptete with the best again, it just sucks that every single season we have played, i have basically been out of the running for everything by week 5... very very frustrating, sorry to vent, but i have became unbelievably frustrated with this game lately and i needed to get it out lol

moving schools is a monster task...stick with it...you will be fine we only have about 15 more seasons left lol...have fun with it....i know it's brutal at times, but get you players in place and drive forward....
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 2:41 pm

cokanblues wrote:
Fsu is victorious after a defensive struggle 17-0 was the final score it was 7-0 the entire game until the fourth quarter when senior Ryan hayward came up with two big picks

gg coke...it was D battle...i had two really clean and fun user games tonight with you and macc ended up 1-1 so i won't cry...had a couple early bad breaks, fumble in you redzone to end half, and dropping a deep wide open pass, and then my fresh QB got careless, you play great D bro....good luck rest of the way...
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 2:48 pm

yea thats my only choice.... hard to do with a losing record every year tho, i dunno, just really frustrated like i said, ill sleep on it... wake up, and maybe my record will be different or something
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 8:02 pm

well titan dont feel bad at all...thats the whole point of these sliders.. ppl should be dropping games to the cpu.. ur the rxample.. oregon almost got beat too by usc.. im not gonna say ne thing ne more about the sliders.. but i do think that it sux because its geared towards the powerhouses and for the non it makes it impossible..but again that was the point so i guess we are getting results..? i play #4gt so we shall see.. maybe i suffer my first cpu loss.. either way its all good..
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
llcoolgrey

llcoolgrey

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 8:27 pm

recap coming soon...but yea i almost lost to USC...im really lucky their offense is shit this year. 77 OVR QB...if he was any better i would have gotten shredded. I actually like the sliders. Sure there is room for change...maybe a few things tweaked, but it was like i was playing a user game. Straight up. Every possession was intense. I still think kicking accuracy needs to be turned up a little bit...

Either way it was much more of a challenge
Back to top Go down
http://www.Greymusic.com
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 9:07 pm

Ya if kicking accuracy isn't turned up I may not even kick field goals because I've allready missed two extra points this year... no way I'm hitting one from 45+
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
llcoolgrey

llcoolgrey

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 9:25 pm

#1 Oregon rallies late to topple #8 USC, giving Coach Smith-Ellis his 50th win of his Career!

Anytime you travel to a conference opponents stadium, you know your in for a dogfight. Oregon who had bested USC in 5 straight years was confident going into Southern Cal.

“We’ve had a lot of success since I’ve been here at USC” Coach Smith-Ellis exclaimed “But make no mistake about it, that is a flagship program, who brings in high quality talent year in and year out. There are no gimme games with USC.”

And this affair was no different.

The first quarter saw both teams struggle on offense leaving the Ducks and Trojans scoreless after one. In the second quarter on a blown coverage in secondary, USC was able to draw first blood on a 18 yard slant to USC WR John Williams, but would miss the extra point.

Oregon would answer, driving down the field and capping a long drive, behind Trevor Moore’s 3 yard TD run. And it would stay that way heading into the half 7-6 Oregon.

Oregon would turn the ball over deep in USC territory on a Aerilius Williams Interception, and USC would reclaim the lead on a FG 9-7.

Oregon would have the answer, on the ensuing drive as All-American Michael Owens Jr. made a clutch 3rd down catch for a 10 Yard TD to reclaim the lead 13-9. Smith-Ellis decided to go for the 2pt conversion which the Ducks were unable to convert.

All seemed well in hand when Oregon forced USC to punt the ball with 2:09 left in the game. But after a huge defensive stand by USC, the Ducks punted back to the Trojans with just under 2 minutes left in the game.

On the first play, Oregon again would get burned on a blitz as USC WR Devron Johnson accelerated 80 yards for a crushing TD with just 1:39 left in the game to bring the score to 16-14.

Things certainly seemed headed towards heartbreak for the Ducks, but looking to avenge his 2 thrown interceptions, Aerilius Williams motioning out of the back field caught a 59 yard TD to lead the Ducks to a 20-16 lead.

The Oregon defense would stand tall ending a very tight hard fought battle.

Final Score

Oregon 20
USC 16

Maurice Davis 13-18, 214 Yards, 2TDs
Trevor Moore 15 carries, 68 yards, 1TD
Michael Owens Jr. 3 Catches, 41 yards, 1TD
Aerilius Williams 3 Catches, 62 Yards, 1TD, 9 Rushes, 89 Yards, 2INTs

*In other news Oregon received a commitment from 5 Star WR Matt Johnson

Next week Pitt comes to Autzen in a high octane rematch from the Rose Bowl in 2016
Back to top Go down
llcoolgrey

llcoolgrey

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 9:30 pm

Macc assuming we get an advance tonight, are you free to play our game late night? What's your schedule look like?
Back to top Go down
llcoolgrey

llcoolgrey

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 11:39 pm

and Ax whats the deal with the LSU user? Haven't heard from him on the boards
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptySat 04 Dec 2010, 12:10 am

#12 Penn State got back in the win column today, defeating #15 Iowa in Happy Valley, 38-13. RS-SO QB Matt Deangelis was ok, completing 50% of his passes for 269yds and 2TDs and 1Int, adding 4 carries for 40 yards. Penn State again struggled on offense in the second half, a disturbing trend.
Offensive Stats
QB M Deangelis 14-28 269yds 2TDs 1Int 4att 40yds
HB B Bower 20att 104yds 2TDs 2rec 73yds 1TD
WR B Rodgers 4rec 50yds
TE M Sanders 3rec 50yds
WR S Robinson 1rec 30yds 1TD
Defensive Stats
LB A Hall 9Tkls 1TFL 1FF
DE J Thompson 8Tkls 4TFL 2Sacks
DT B Dorsey 6Tkls 3TFL
DT F Swanson 4Tkls 1TFL
SS B Everett 3Tkls 1TFL
CB A Patton 5Tkls 1Int
FS K Ham 1FR
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptySat 04 Dec 2010, 12:46 am

Glad to see you pulled it out Grey. I personally like to see a score like that against another top 10 team. I know there is the occasional blowout in a battle of top 10 teams, but more than not, those are battles down to the last possession.

I host #22 West Virginia this week, and boy do I need a win. Should be another tough game with my young team.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptySat 04 Dec 2010, 12:52 am

BucNutts wrote:
Glad to see you pulled it out Grey. I personally like to see a score like that against another top 10 team. I know there is the occasional blowout in a battle of top 10 teams, but more than not, those are battles down to the last possession.

I host #22 West Virginia this week, and boy do I need a win. Should be another tough game with my young team.

have not played with sliders yet....so i may cry another tune later...but gotta say really impressed with the scores right now....Oregon beating SC 20-16 is very realistic...or PSU pulling off the win vs another ranked team 38-13 are scores you see weekly in college football....that 93-6 stuff was silly...
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptySat 04 Dec 2010, 12:55 am

yeah....You have to earn everything.....just the way it should be....I agree maybe the kicking needs some tweaking...but I have a real weak-legged kicker so maybe its just me
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptySat 04 Dec 2010, 2:26 am

Ive got a pretty damn good kicker and I can't hit from 40+.

After playing Cinci I must say these sliders are sick. They are keeping the scores realistic which is a nice change. We no longer have the option to run the score up, even if we wanted to it seems. Then again, it was a rivalry game.

Grey, I did take a shift tmoro so I'll be home at a reasonable time tonight so if we get an adv I could play as long as its started by 1030PM eastern, latest.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptySat 04 Dec 2010, 2:49 am

Pittsburgh Dominates In The River City Rivalry, Rights The Ship

After a close loss at TexasA&M last week, the Pittsburgh Panthers looked to be a well conditioned, ball hawking group determined to get back in the winning column. The Panthers hosted the Cincinnati Bearcats and their defense set the tone on the very first defensive drive, LE Jordan Wyatt tracked down a successful Cinci play from behind, stripping the ball carrier that lead to a CB Chris Wilson scoop and score. (VIEW HIGHLIGHT#1)

Offensively, Darren Taylor set the tone in the 2nd quarter with his 52 yard rush from scrimmage. Taylor had an amazing day on the gridiron in his showing out party, and Taylor was quickly rewarded with the majority of the hand offs for the rest of the day.

"I'm just trying to do what I can to help our team. I came in expecting to play defensive back but the coaches wanted my speed on offense. I like carrying the ball and scoring touchdowns. Shaun (Jordan, the teams starting RB) and I have become close like brothers. He's taught me that we both play different roles on our team and the way we compliment eachother results in 200 yard team rushing games like today," Thomas said after the game.

Akim Bullock had an outstanding day, ballhawking all afternoon. Bullock recorded 9 solo tackles and two sacks on the afternoon, solidifying his spot among the nation leading tacklers. He has 29 on the year in just four games, along with 4 sacks.

The defensive back corps received todays game ball, the corners and safeties played an amazing game, speficially the cornerbacks. Coach Macc praises strong defensive pressure and expects a lot out of his cornerbacks, producing three NFL starting CBs in the last two years. Today - they showed up big time. Chris Wilson lead the team in a big way, making big tackles that a linebacker would brag about, despite being only 5'11 170 pounds soaken wet.

What was interesting about how players like RB Darren Taylor, CB Chris Wilson and MLB Akim Bullock stepped in large, was that it was recruit week... with eleven recruits at Heinz Field today, close friend of Coach M and Pittsburgh native, recording artist Wiz Khalifa hosted the visits with the recruits. Unlike many other schools, Macc likes to have his recruits all at once so they can gel, bond, all see the same stage they'll be playing on together, hoping they gel and conversate... and make any of the other recruits decision easier... domino effect.

Local Pennsylvania high school sensation RB Tommy Holt was at Heinz Field today clad in a PITT hoody... he apparently had the time of his life.

"Watching the way Darren ran the ball today, it was an inspiration. It goes to show that just because your a true freshman doesn't mean you can't get in on the action early. I want to play for a prestigeous school and I want to play my freshman year so this visit defenitely increased my interest to stay home and go to Pitt next year," Holt said to Rivals.com

QB Marcus Eldridge 12-25 193Yards 1TD 0INT 126.0QBRating
RB Darren Taylor 19Car 165Yards 3TD 2Catches 21Yards
RB Shaun Jordan 9Car 33Yards 1TD 3Catches 52Yards
WR Will Rosario 3Catches 49 Yards

MLB Akim Bullock 10Tackles 9Solo 5TFL 2Sacks
FS Ben Mathers 7Solo 1INT
CB Chris Wilson 6Tackles 3TFL 1Fumble Recovery 1TD
CB Jeff Coleman 4Tackles 1INT
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptySat 04 Dec 2010, 2:52 am

Play my game around six I'm omw to the bahamas.in the airport as we speak.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptySat 04 Dec 2010, 3:14 am

LongGONE24 wrote:
Pittsburgh Dominates In The River City Rivalry, Rights The Ship

After a close loss at TexasA&M last week, the Pittsburgh Panthers looked to be a well conditioned, ball hawking group determined to get back in the winning column. The Panthers hosted the Cincinnati Bearcats and their defense set the tone on the very first defensive drive, LE Jordan Wyatt tracked down a successful Cinci play from behind, stripping the ball carrier that lead to a CB Chris Wilson scoop and score. (VIEW HIGHLIGHT#1)

Offensively, Darren Taylor set the tone in the 2nd quarter with his 52 yard rush from scrimmage. Taylor had an amazing day on the gridiron in his showing out party, and Taylor was quickly rewarded with the majority of the hand offs for the rest of the day.

"I'm just trying to do what I can to help our team. I came in expecting to play defensive back but the coaches wanted my speed on offense. I like carrying the ball and scoring touchdowns. Shaun (Jordan, the teams starting RB) and I have become close like brothers. He's taught me that we both play different roles on our team and the way we compliment eachother results in 200 yard team rushing games like today," Thomas said after the game.

Akim Bullock had an outstanding day, ballhawking all afternoon. Bullock recorded 9 solo tackles and two sacks on the afternoon, solidifying his spot among the nation leading tacklers. He has 29 on the year in just four games, along with 4 sacks.

The defensive back corps received todays game ball, the corners and safeties played an amazing game, speficially the cornerbacks. Coach Macc praises strong defensive pressure and expects a lot out of his cornerbacks, producing three NFL starting CBs in the last two years. Today - they showed up big time. Chris Wilson lead the team in a big way, making big tackles that a linebacker would brag about, despite being only 5'11 170 pounds soaken wet.

What was interesting about how players like RB Darren Taylor, CB Chris Wilson and MLB Akim Bullock stepped in large, was that it was recruit week... with eleven recruits at Heinz Field today, close friend of Coach M and Pittsburgh native, recording artist Wiz Khalifa hosted the visits with the recruits. Unlike many other schools, Macc likes to have his recruits all at once so they can gel, bond, all see the same stage they'll be playing on together, hoping they gel and conversate... and make any of the other recruits decision easier... domino effect.

Local Pennsylvania high school sensation RB Tommy Holt was at Heinz Field today clad in a PITT hoody... he apparently had the time of his life.

"Watching the way Darren ran the ball today, it was an inspiration. It goes to show that just because your a true freshman doesn't mean you can't get in on the action early. I want to play for a prestigeous school and I want to play my freshman year so this visit defenitely increased my interest to stay home and go to Pitt next year," Holt said to Rivals.com

QB Marcus Eldridge 12-25 193Yards 1TD 0INT 126.0QBRating
RB Darren Taylor 19Car 165Yards 3TD 2Catches 21Yards
RB Shaun Jordan 9Car 33Yards 1TD 3Catches 52Yards
WR Will Rosario 3Catches 49 Yards
If holt commits to you before I get my visit I'm going to be pissed

MLB Akim Bullock 10Tackles 9Solo 5TFL 2Sacks
FS Ben Mathers 7Solo 1INT
CB Chris Wilson 6Tackles 3TFL 1Fumble Recovery 1TD
CB Jeff Coleman 4Tackles 1INT
Back to top Go down
llcoolgrey

llcoolgrey

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptySat 04 Dec 2010, 3:23 am

so when i play another user...are the sliders for kicking still going to be low? or does the fact that im playing another user negate sliders and make it 50-50 again?
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion EmptySat 04 Dec 2010, 3:37 am

llcoolgrey wrote:
so when i play another user...are the sliders for kicking still going to be low? or does the fact that im playing another user negate sliders and make it 50-50 again?

i believe all sliders reset to 50.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussion   2017 Week 4 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

2017 Week 4 Discussion
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next