Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer.... Empty
PostSubject: In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer....   In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer.... EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 5:53 am

How does everyone feel about players leaving early for the draft, or transfer to other teams?

My vote is that coach's don't get the chance to talk the player out of leaving early or transfer, and the chips fall were they may...just my 2cents
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer....   In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer.... EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 5:57 am

I will say the same thing i did in my other post so everyone can see it here..

I don't know because if you do that it can really mess with recruiting because by the time you see who all is leaving early all the good players are gone from the board and there are only scraps left basically except for the new players, and also people try to talk kids out of leaving early all the time in real life.

I just think with recruiting limitations being what they are it can really put a team in a bind if they have people leaving early and not being able to persuade them to stay because with a limited number of scholarships you can only afford to recruit players at positions where you have seniors
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer....   In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer.... EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 6:21 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
I will say the same thing i did in my other post so everyone can see it here..

I don't know because if you do that it can really mess with recruiting because by the time you see who all is leaving early all the good players are gone from the board and there are only scraps left basically except for the new players, and also people try to talk kids out of leaving early all the time in real life.

I just think with recruiting limitations being what they are it can really put a team in a bind if they have people leaving early and not being able to persuade them to stay because with a limited number of scholarships you can only afford to recruit players at positions where you have seniors

I see what your saying...but in real life, often times coach's don't know what kids are going to transfer till after signing period and have to deal with it...are you the coach that is only able to recruit 8 players? That's a really small class...maybe if a coach has under 10 there could me a minimum for a situation like that...say 10 is the least amount a coach take each class? anyway, I will leave it up to the masses, to figure out
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer....   In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer.... EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 6:29 am

Ya that's true but they still have an idea that a player is unhappy and will talk to him but maybe not about transferring directly but about whatever his problem is.

And yes I am the unfortunate one who has only 5 seniors but it does have some small advantages that I'm trying to take advantage of
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer....   In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer.... EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 6:48 am

I mean your idea is a pretty good idea but like I said with the recruiting limitations it makes it hard. Because in my situation for example I have 5 seniors (8 scholarships) and 18 juniors (21 scholarships next year) and there is a very real possibility that I could lose 5 juniors to the draft and there could be possible transfers. So that souls leave me only the eight scholys this year and it would knock down my number to arond 15 next so now I'm having to take on a bunch of walk-ons my first year and then am unable to replace the guys I lost to the draft the next year because I don't get credit for those players as being seniors. Sorry if that was confusing but I couldn't think of how else to word it
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer....   In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer.... EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 7:03 am

Also I like your idea of a minimum that would help a lot
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer....   In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer.... EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 7:17 am

nah you gotta be able 2 talk them out of leaving. as chaddy said its not like in real life if a key player is leaving the coach will just go oh well.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer....   In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer.... Empty

Back to top Go down

In Regards to Players Leaving Early and Transfer....
Page 1 of 1