Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2010 Off Season Rumors

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

2010 Off Season Rumors Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Off Season Rumors   2010 Off Season Rumors EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 12:30 am

With the Bowl Series coming to a close, there's always going to be rumors of players who specifcially had big games in their biggest game of the year - potentially electing early for the NFL draft.

The first suspect entering the draft is Illinois JR RB Mikel LeShoure. LeShoure had a great game against the Rebels in the Sugar Bowl and has yet to comment on his status. What leads reporters to believe he's electing early is his status on the depth chart. Illi's very big on Justin Green and if he has a big off season could become the exclusive starter having much better speed than LeShoure. LeShoure took the majority of Illi's hand offs this season and had 753 yards with 7TDs in a run lacking Illinois offence. LeShoure's numbers, however won't determine his ability to play at the next level. His size, speed and ability to break tackles make him a prime target for an NFL team to pick up a late 2nd round goalline back.

Kansas Jayhawks have a sophmore triple tandem in O'Brien Winner and 1st team AA QB Kale Cooper, All American RB Toben Oprum and Heisman Runner Up WR Bradley McDougald. There's speculation that McDougald may be tempted to enter early having a 2000 yard, 24+ TD season. His stock really couldn't be improved. What's making him a very slim threat is the reason he's in the same class as his QB who he helped win the O'Brien and RB Oprum who rushed for over 100 yards and nearly 20TDs.

MISS' RB Brandon Bolden is a junior this season and rushed for 1729 yards 22TDs and caught 55 passes for 705 yards and 9TDs. Bolden's draft stock is among the best at the college level and he is inevitably the biggest threat to declare early for the draft. Bolden couldn't improve his stock any farther as he's proven the past two years he can do it all for the Rebels. What's really holding Bolden back is his desire to bring home some hardware, his relationship with QB Ray Cotton and Coach Macc and the idea of helping his team win another SEC and big bowl game.

"I haven't really talked to Brandon about it much. Sort of waiting for him to approach me. I'm in favour for him to do whatever he feels is best for his career. We can't argue that his draft stock is the best for running backs, however we would obviously LOVE to have our two time All American back next season," Macc said. Bolden has yet to comment.

2010 Maxwell and Walker Award winner RB Jacquizz Rodgers has Oregon State worried about the potential of Jacquizz entering the draft early with his brother, Heisman winner James Rodgers. What's holding Jacquizz back is his love for the Oregon State Beavers, his desire to finish his education and the possibility of waiting out a year to possibly be drafted by the same team his brother is. There's no question he and his brother are both first round locks and the idea of a team trading up for two offensive players is highly unlikely.

"I'd like to come back and compete in the Pac 10. There's so much I love about playing for this school, it'd be hard for me to leave especially knowing it's unlikely that I'd get to be on the same team as my brother - which we're hoping for. In the best case scenario - James is drafted by a team and wins Rookie of the Year while I compete for the Heisman hoping to be the first brothers to win the trophy... and back to back!? While I'd love to play pro ball next year, I think it's in my best interest to stay another year and maybe get on the same team he does," Jacquizz said.

Pittsburgh could have a problem with their leading rusher, RB Ray Graham. 2009 Heisman Winner Dion Lewis was sidelined with injury for the better part of the season and it's no question that Lewis is their guy next season. Graham could get out while the going gets hot and become a late first round pick, or remain in Pitt sitting behind Dion. WR Jonathan Baldwin is also a big threat to declare early having caught for 859 yards and 8TDs.

2010 Mackey Award winner TE Coby Fleener has many scouts salivating at the thought of playing at the next level early. Coby's done about as much as you can do as a TE in school, catching for 1000 yards this season. His overall receving skills would make him the top drafted TE in this draft. Stanford may be without their leading receiver next season.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Off Season Rumors   2010 Off Season Rumors EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 1:21 am

mcdougald and toben are true sophmores so they cant leave Kale however is a redshirt sophmore which means he can leave and i hope he doesnt because we havent accomplished shit!
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Off Season Rumors   2010 Off Season Rumors EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 1:23 am

Oh damn, your right. I forgot about that 3 year rule.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Off Season Rumors   2010 Off Season Rumors EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 5:14 am

this is also sick. and u have to do this every year now.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Off Season Rumors   2010 Off Season Rumors EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 6:52 am

nice work macc...and agree with clev a must for each season!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Off Season Rumors   2010 Off Season Rumors Empty

Back to top Go down

2010 Off Season Rumors
Page 1 of 1