Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2012 Bowl Championship Series

Go down 
+5
axspecialk
clevmire1
BucNutts
Coach Gruden
LongGONE24
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
axspecialk

axspecialk

2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 1:22 am

me and maccc are done.. and it was a crazy game!!!! highlights n videos n a full recap inna sec.. #1 Classic Game on my ps3!!! just to give u some insite into how good it was...
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 1:27 am

2012 Sugar Bowl was craaazy. Kansas wins a game of the year candidate 35-34.

I had a 17 point lead going into the half after a couple late turnovers and TDs in the 2nd Q. I came out in the third WAYYYY to conservative and almost handed Ax three and outs trying to run the clock. He clawed back and I couldn't stop him in the 4th Q. I kicked a FG to go up by 6 giving him the ball back with like 3:00 on the clock. Ax I'm sorta upset about those glitchy 3rd and long option pitches - I call the perfect defence set my gameplan to leave QB and yet your QB is being tackled by two of my defenders and he gets the late pitch off and it springs your back for space. Don't get me wrong not saying option is cheese coz it's part of football but pitching it late like that is abusing a glitch in the game in my opinion. Didn't lose any sweat tho for some reason when I play you I'm relaxed and calm. Any other user game I'm sweatin balls and just stressin.

I'm defenitely going to be implementing a rule about late pitches next year. That shit is just too frustrating. If you run option and your QB is nearly on the ground and you wait til the lastr second and you get a MONEY pitch off - that's cheesy. This happend a couple times in this game in key moments when you moved the ball. I know the importance of the game and the desire to win, but that's just weak and the game doesn't allow you to defend it.

I made this years bowl game much closer than last, I had a huge lead thanks to Trey Talbot and Pat Patterson stretching out his run first D. He stuck to his gameplan Marc Payne was sidelined with an injury in the 1st Q just when he started heatin' up.

Ah well good game buddy. Instant classic.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 1:38 am

Wasn't trying to take anything away for your W now that I re-read that Ax. You had an amazing comeback I knew you were comin back!! lol fuckerrrr
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 2:02 am

Today was the Nokia Sugar Bowl which featured number 7 Kansas and number 8 Ole Miss.. Whenever these coachs meet it is always a battle to the very end. The first time they met the game went into triple over time!! Today the game would be played in thes Superdome home to the 2010 Super Bowl Champ Saints.. Payne won the Heisman but mack truck mcintyre won the Maxwell and the doak Campbell so this was a game that u think would be dominated by the run game.. But maybe Not.. On to the highlights…

Kansas won the toss and elected to Kick the ball and get the ball at half time.. Ole miss would get the ball and pass it twice before being picked off by Barnett… Mack truck would take his first carry 20 yards.. then Freshman Qb Nick Charles would go 2/2 and td and put his team up 7 early…Ole miss on theier second attempt was more composed and drove down the field for 7.. Kansas would get the ball back n the ole miss d would show up n force a 3 an out containing mack truck on the ground.. On the Next Play lightning would strike as QB Pierce would hook up with WR Patterson for 73 yards and a td.. 14-7 Ole miss.. Again the ole miss defense would dominate early forcing another 3 and out on the Kansas offense.. Kansas defense would show up on the next drive and force a 3 and out to keep their team in the game.. Kansas wouldn’t squander that chance driving it down the field and punching it in on a td pass from Charles.. 14-14 in the second.. Ole miss would take the field and realize a weakness on the Kansas D again completing a long 79 yard td pass this time to wr Tray Talbot 21-14 Ole miss on the next drive Charles would show his in expiernce forcing a pass to a te and have it picked off .. Ole miss would get the ball back and run the ball and the clock down.. It was on this drive the Ole Miss Lost their Heisman winner for the game to an injury.. but Davis would show he is no slouch punishing the Kansas D and getting another score 28-14 Ole Miss.. On Kansas Next drive Charles would complete a pass to wr Green who gets it stripped in Ole Miss territory and Ole miss would recover the fumle and kick a fg to end the half 31-14 Ole Miss… at the Half..
With the game slipping out of their grasp.. Kansas knew takin the field at half they would need a big drive to stay in it.. cause the vultures were circling.. Nick Charles would take the field and show why he was also a dave Obrien Finalist.. taking an option Play 36 yards.. then hooking up with green on the next pass for 32 yards and the TD 31-21 Ole miss its now a two possession game.. Ole miss would take the field and on a questionable coaching call by coach macc to be conservative and run the ball and use chew clock in the third.. the Kansas d would get the stop 3 and out and get the ball back to their offense.. The Ole miss defense would be tough keeping Kansas from moving the ball for more than 3 yards run or pass and being helped out by a 15 yd penalty.. Charles would run it for 11 yards and it would be 4th down and a critical decision for Kansas. In ole miss territory.. They would decide to go for it since ole miss was already running the clock… and would get the first down.. and eventually score on the drive 31-28 Ole Miss.. Ole miss would take the field still chewing the clock and mixing it up with pass and run and drive all the way into Kansas territory but the defense would eventually stand tall and force a fg after a gruling 18 play 68 yard drive by ole miss.. 34-28 Ole Miss…. In what would be called a legendary drive… Nick Charles takes the field knowing that this would be his teams final attempt with the ball.. and here is the play by play…1st down 4yd run by mactrucj.. 2nd 1 yard rush by Brantley.. 3rd down a incomplete pass.. and it was fourth down.. and u knew they had no choice but to go for it.. and on 4th down Charles would hook up with omigie for 14 yds and a Kansas first down 2:22 left on the clock… 1st down good pressure by ole miss forcing a throw away… very smart play by the fr qb.. second downa strike to green but ole miss d would swat the ball out of his hands.. incomplete.. 3rd down Incomplete pass again great defense by Ole miss. And again its 4th down and do or die.. Nick Charles with every one coverd would roll out by himself some time and find mack truck for a 25 yard reception… 1:53 left in the game.. 1st down pass to te on a play where ole miss gets good pressure forcing a floating ball. He makes the catch but cant get a foot down.. incomplete pass.. 2nd down 4 yd rush for mcyntire 3rd down Charles would find Mcdougald for one of his most clutch receptions 13 yards first down.. 1:24 left.. 1st down holding on Kansas 10 yards back repeat first down In complete pass.. 2nd down.. “I Knew they were expecting the pass and I felt that if u can get ur 2 best guys into open field u may be able to get a big play..” Charles would take an option to the left with mcintyre and would pitch it and ed would score.. 35-34 Kansas with only 57 seconds to go.. Giving Ole Miss the ball back with a whole field to drive and all 3 of their time outs.. “We felt like as long as we didn’t give up a big play we would be ok.. Keep the qb in the pocket cause he was making some good throws when we lost containment n just go out there n cover.. u kno guys had to give it all they had this was the drive to do it.. “ Coach Santana.. 1st down incomplete pass…2nd down Incomplete pass.. 3rd down In complete pass and on fouth down.. Cotton would complete a pass to Patterson and he would get 9 yards before being tackled one yard shy of a first down! The defense forced a 3 and out and that would be the ball game! Kansas Comes out of the Sugar Bowl with a come from behind win 35-34 over ole miss Keeping their bowl game winning streak alive 4-0 In bowl Games… WHAT A GAME!!!
Kansas
N.Charles 19/28 244 3td 1 int 7 carries 42 yds 2 rec 28 yards
Ed Mcintryre 13 att 71 yards 2 td
B.Mcdougald 6 rec 67 yards and 1td
B.Green 3 rec 50 yards 1 td
Ole Miss
J.Pierce 13/21 265 2 td 1 int
E.Davis 14 att 60 yds 1 td
M.Payne 4 att 21 yds
T.Talbot 5 rec 132 yds 1 td
P.Patterson 3 rec 84 yds 1 td
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 2:09 am

i mean in regards to the pitches... one of them is in the highlight so u will see it n u guys can call wether it was or not glitchy i just made sure ur guy went to hit my qb then i got it out of there.. the other i admit it was glitchy but thats not my aim.. ask bucc i play him all the time and he knows im pretty str8 forward on the optiion. i mean i dont run it a ton.. it was only 2 plays that ur talkin bout macc...but again my aim when im running the option is to get the tackler to commit then pitch it sometimes the game waits till ur like on the ground but i never press the pitch button that late....
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 2:12 am

axspecialk wrote:
i mean in regards to the pitches... one of them is in the highlight so u will see it n u guys can call wether it was or not glitchy i just made sure ur guy went to hit my qb then i got it out of there.. the other i admit it was glitchy but thats not my aim.. ask bucc i play him all the time and he knows im pretty str8 forward on the optiion. i mean i dont run it a ton.. it was only 2 plays that ur talkin bout macc...but again my aim when im running the option is to get the tackler to commit then pitch it sometimes the game waits till ur like on the ground but i never press the pitch button that late....

Hey man, by all means when I'm down 17 I'll do ANYTHING to move the ball or score. It just sucks that I purposely gameplan to avoid a big play like that and I had your QB wrapped up but the game doesn't allow you to defend it when you pitch it that late. Big momentum changer and no offence had it not been for those plays I think it's a total diff ball game. Like I said not tot ake anything away you played a great game.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 2:20 am

thanks it was a great game... and ya i mean those played werent big in yardage but ya one was on fourth to brantley.. u msg me n i told u it wasnt intentional n the second was for a game winning td... the second one tho macc that was fair plus u gotta remember when u pitch to early even if the dude looks like he is gonna hit ur qb he will peel off n tackle ur back so u have to make sure he commits.. the second one im watching now it was fair he got hit n pitched it..
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 2:21 am

I know I'm just bitter I lost by one point. lol
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 2:26 am

macc u need to advance it... to bcs natty champ game everyone is done..
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 2:27 am

I can't get no my PS3 right now.
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 2:27 am

hey macc ...did you see my post in the announcements thread?
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 2:28 am

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 2:50 am

sounds like a real good game boyz! good way to end the season for both of ya!
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 3:45 am

maryland lost to south carolina, mostly via super sim.... im still in depression from my loss to UNC lol, and my roommates wanted the tv so i had to hurry, hpefully it doesnt affect my recruiting to bad... i think im like urban meyer, i take losses way too hard haha

the terps will be back
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 3:54 am

titangator wrote:
maryland lost to south carolina, mostly via super sim.... im still in depression from my loss to UNC lol, and my roommates wanted the tv so i had to hurry, hpefully it doesnt affect my recruiting to bad... i think im like urban meyer, i take losses way too hard haha

the terps will be back

haha, urban..you will be fine..only reason it would effect you recruiting i believe is if you didn't make a goal or the loss dropped you a star, which i don't see happening...
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 4:04 am

well shit lol, i think one of my goals was to win a bowl game
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 4:05 am

nope, it was just to play in a january bowl game, and finish in top 25, and win acc... so ill achieve two of the three.... think that will get me to 5 stars? or do i have to complete all 3?
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 4:15 am

i would say ya
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 4:18 am

I'm PRETTY sure you need all three to gain a star but need to have completed NONE to lose one. I could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 4:24 am

LongGONE24 wrote:
I'm PRETTY sure you need all three to gain a star but need to have completed NONE to lose one. I could be wrong though.

that will be interesting to see.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 4:26 am

indeed it will, anyone know when we advance to natty ship?
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 4:26 am

Ax should have advanced it by now. He said he would my PS3 is tied up.
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 4:44 am

Clev, I shold be around most of the day. Let me know when you wanna roll.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 4:45 am

advancing in 10 mins
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 5:29 am

axspecialk wrote:
advancing in 10 mins

have we adv yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Bowl Championship Series   2012 Bowl Championship Series - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 Bowl Championship Series
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next