Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2018 Conference Championship

Go down 
+4
Coach Gruden
titangator
BucNutts
axspecialk
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
axspecialk

axspecialk

2018 Conference Championship Empty
PostSubject: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 11:51 am

Oklahoma - Nebraska Big 12 Title Game

Nebraska and Oklahoma will play for the Big 12 Title for the 2nd time in as many years. Last year Oklahoma walked away with a 20 point victory and really controlled the game the whole time if you take out the mini comeback Nebraska made in the second half. Nebraska comes in ranked number 18 after the unexpected and puzzling loss to the Colorado Buffalo. They come into the game 9-3 overall and 7-1 in conference play. Oklahoma comes in ranked number 11, however also coming off a heartbreaking loss to the number 1 ranked UNC Tarheels 27 to 21.
Oklahoma brings in the nations leading rusher in junior Ryan McFadden who has ran for 2236 yards and reached the endzone 27 times. Oklahoma also boasts another 1000 yard rusher in sophomore Sam Hall who has found the endzone 11 times himself. This tough Oklahoma rushing attack will go up against a Nebraska run defense that has given up the 23rd fewest yards on the ground this year. Advantage - Oklahoma.
With this being said, Oklahoma comes in with their offensive gameplan and they know what they plan to do, run the football and then run the football some more. Nebraska comes in with a few more question marks. They have three guys that have ran for over 500 yards in senior Steve Williams, junior Melvin Pittman, and freshman Mike Ewing, but no one that has ran for more than 600. Apparently, none of them have been consistent enough to earn a chunk of the carries and Melvin Pittman is just coming back off of injury. Also just coming back is starting quarterback Jamal Culver who had an amazing first game of the season before going down with an injury. He returned last week to the starting lineup against Colorado - but lost. Freshman Keith Causey led the Cornhuskers to a number 10 ranking and only 2 losses before the return of Culver, so who will be taking snaps this Saturday?

UNC - Florida State - ACC Title Game

Tampa Bay has turned into a North Carolina home field for as long as many of us can remember this time of year ever since Coach "Goatstain" has taken over the program. He walked through competition every year until 2016(???) when a tough, hard nosed group of guys led by Coach Gruden came in and knocked off Goliath - that Florida State team went on to be crowned national champions that year. 2017 led to a UNC ACC championship, however the Tarheels were left on the outside looking in for the BCS title game. The Tarheels do not want history to repeat itself this time around as they go into the ACC title game unbeaten and looking to get back where so many of Coach "Goatsains" teams have been - the BCS title game. Coach Gruden's Seminoles are coming off a devastating loss to the Iowa Hawkeyes and have redemption on their mind. No national title hopes for them this season, but an ACC title. "This is our national championship right now, this is truly what we start each season playing for, we know every year when we take the field, making it to Tampa for this game is one of the few things we can control," said Gruden.
UNC comes in with the best offense in the nation. They average 55 points a game and have the ability to do it through the air or on the ground. They have one of the top passers in the nation in senior Mike Dortch who has thrown for over 3200 yards and 36 touchdowns this season while only throwing 13 interceptions. They also bring in the nations 4th leading rusher in senior Mike Webb who has ran for almost 1300 yards and 26 touchdowns. They also boast a great receiving threat who excels in stretching the field in sophomore Sean Brooks who has only caught 25 balls on the season, but has 1100 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns.
To offset this potent offense, FSU will lean on the number 12 defense in the nation led by junior Chuck Foreman III who has 73 tackles and 5 interceptions on the season. FSU is 6th in the nation interceptions and according to Gruden, he believes that will be a very important part of the game. "If we can protect the ball, and force them to make a few mistakes, we will be in great shape."
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 11:53 am

well if UNC wins the ACC..it looks like I will be the unlucky one, and not be able to defend my title. Mad

Booo to the BCS.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 11:53 am

copyandpaste the other write up too while yoru at it lol

Nebraska Oklahoma - BIG 12 Title game LIVE from Missouri

Oklahoma wins toss and will take the ball, we are underway.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 11:55 am

goat are u up?
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 11:55 am

so as it stands.. bcs has North Carolina 1...Oregon 2...Iowa 3....Ohio State 4..... so for sure Ohio State is out and does not get a repeat shot.. (i agree it nonsense) only shake up can happen now is if goat losses its Oregon vs Iowa but if goat wins then North Carolina vs Oregon either way oregon gets another shot at it.. and this is a young team so i def didnt see this happeneing.. rs fresh at qb but dude can ball!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 11:57 am

so if i win Iowa is in?
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 11:57 am

wow I shot down to 4?

What a load of crap. If you look at my schedule...I have beaten 4 ranked teams I think. Nebraska dropping to #20 didn't help (boo titan LOL)

Defending champ goes from #1 to #4...wowsers....

Thats what I get for not getting to play any late games I guess. Stupid conference champ games.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:07 pm

Ok well lets see what the bcs is looking at..
Ohio State played #25 Utah(4 Losses)...#5 Georgia(1 loss), #12 Cincinnati(2 losses), #18 Nebraska(3 losses), and 8 Illinois (2 losses)..

Iowa played 11 Oklahoma (2 Losses) and #7 FSU (One Loss)

North Carolina played 10 Oregon State (2 Losses) #14 Maryland (3 Losses) and 11 Oklahoma (2 Losses)

Oregon played #18 Nebraska (3 losses) 10 Oregon State (2 losses)

Wow now that i have looked at it what a total crock of shit against Ohio State.. i def dont get how he is 4.. i mean when i played cal they were top 10 n thats when i vaulted to 1 but omg look at how many teams are ranked that he played compared to the rest of us... im sorry bucc ur a getting screwed for no damn reason....i guess all the late user games...fsu was undefeated when they played oklahoma only had one loss when they played.. but illi was a one loss team when u played them i think.. either way dude u got robbed also i think titan losing that game for no damn reason hurt u.. made that win less quality giving iowa the edge i guess...titan Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:09 pm

Yea, i was thinking I played a pretty good schedule. But o well. I am bitter a lil that I don't get to defend. But in the end, it will be a new team in there, Goat got the shaft last year, in being left out, so it evens out I suppose.

Good luck boys! In your bowl games!!
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:10 pm

if goat losses and titan wins then iowa takes a hit on thier schedule with oklahoma dropping thier last 2 could ohio state get the jump then? i kno ea sux but sometimes they do wierd shit like that.. they do it in the heisman voting all the time
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:11 pm

Yea crazy things could happen, it's EA after all haha
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:15 pm

BucNutts wrote:
Yea, i was thinking I played a pretty good schedule. But o well. I am bitter a lil that I don't get to defend. But in the end, it will be a new team in there, Goat got the shaft last year, in being left out, so it evens out I suppose.

Good luck boys! In your bowl games!!

I'm still bitter that my Stanford team got left out of the Natty in 2009 and the perfect season 13-0 LOL
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:18 pm

haha, that seems forever ago now Chris lol!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:19 pm

BucNutts wrote:
haha, that seems forever ago now Chris lol!

so true...toby gerhart was my troy curry Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:21 pm

Oklahoma up 10-7 at half.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:23 pm

I was 25-1 at Stanford my only loss was the natty vs Coke in year 2...if I had to do over again...i would still be a Cardinal...

Last edited by Coach Gruden on Thu 20 May 2010, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:24 pm

you could always make a homecoming return Wink
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:27 pm

ya come play mr.wildcat every year lol 9's was funny with that one.. i did run it alot against him just now tho but my offense is obvious...n thats the best run formation i got...
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:33 pm

BucNutts wrote:
you could always make a homecoming return Wink

if it wasn't so late in our OD...i would love to go back west either UW, Stan, UA, UCLA and take on the
Ducks and Beavers
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:48 pm

COACH HICKERSON FINALLY GETS A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Nebraska wins 21-17, scores with 6 seconds left to prevail!

I feel like I just won the national championship lol, i finally taste sucess in this OD!
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:49 pm

wow sounds like a great game. Fox is a good player. He will play most people close. I think he lost to Cokan by 3; Goat by 6; and You by 4

Talk about some close losses. He will be a force to be reckoned with in a few years. Congrats on your Conf Champ!!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:50 pm

titangator wrote:
COACH HICKERSON FINALLY GETS A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Nebraska wins 21-17, scores with 6 seconds left to prevail!

I feel like I just won the national championship lol, i finally taste sucess in this OD!

nice win bro!
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:51 pm

Fox is VERY sim, had a couple of 4th and 1's right around midfield where he could have went for it and got a ton of momentum but punted... glad to be in the same conference with him! GOOD GAME DUDE!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 12:56 pm

titangator wrote:
Fox is VERY sim, had a couple of 4th and 1's right around midfield where he could have went for it and got a ton of momentum but punted... glad to be in the same conference with him! GOOD GAME DUDE!

right on...nice to have someone in your conf you have a close/sim rivaly with....love my goat, even though he beats my ass 90% of the time lol
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 1:04 pm

Nebraska wins Big 12!

Nebraska brought home the Big 12 Championship Saturday night with a thrilling 21 to 17 win over the Oklahoma Sooners. The win guarantees a berth in a BCS bowl game for Coach Hickerson and the Cornhuskers in just his second year at the helm. The victory marks Coach Hickerson's first conference championship as a head coach and will be his 2nd BCS bowl berth. But now onto the game -

Oklahoma won the toss and chose to receive the ball. They drove down field by the strong running of Ryan McFadden and the timely pickups of some 3rd down conversions and moved into Nebraska territory before they threw an interception. Nebraska took over at about the 35 and on the first play from scrimmage for the Huskers, freshman running back Mike Ewing fumbled and gave it right back to the Sooners who would capitazlie on the mistake and score on a 2 yard playaction pass to fullback A. Bracken. It would be back and forth until 2 minutes remained in the 1st half and junior running back Melvin Pittman scored from 7 yards out to tie it up. Oklahoma then drove down field to get in field goal range for a try from 49 yards out and the kicker M. Lattimer nailed it. Oklahoma led 10 to 7 at the half.

The second half started with Nebraska getting to midfield and fumbling yet again - Oklahoma however would not capitalize on the mistake this time and would punt the ball back to Nebraska. The Cornhuskers would drive down field and eventually socre on a 2 yard run from Pittman. Nebraska leads 14 to 10. No more scoring would take place until 1 minute 34 seconds left in the game, when the nation's top back Ryan McFadden broke a 16 yard run to put the Sooners on top 17 to 14. Nebraska and junior QB Jamal Culver had a minute and a half to try and rally the troops - they did so. With two time outs and 80 yards to go, Culver connected a short pass here, a short pass there, and another short pass here, driving down field, spiking the ball multiple times, picking up a 3rd and 1 on a run play until they completed a pass down to the 1 and burned the last time out with 6 seconds left. They came out of the time out in a goal line package and Culver handed off to fullback N. Weber who plowed into the endzone for the winning touchdown.

"I just told my guys in the huddle, specifically my O-Line, you know if we cant get a half a yard right here, we dont deserve to win. We got it," said Coach Hickerson.

"It feels amazing, I am so happy for this program to take this huge step in getting back on top and so happy for these guys who put in the work to do it. To lose your starting quarterback in week 1, then play a freshman the entire season, go through 3 different running backs, lose a couple corners for bits and pieces of the season and still win your conference is quite an accomplishment. I am so proud of these guys. I hope this isn't the only one I ever win, its a great feeling." - Coach Hickerson

GREAT game fox...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Conference Championship   2018 Conference Championship Empty

Back to top Go down

2018 Conference Championship
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next