Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JOB OPPORTUNITIES

Go down 
+2
BucNutts
Coach Gruden
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:45 am

JOB OPPORTUNITIES

Regular guidelines up for discussion...just some thoughts please voice your opinion

1-6* star teams never available
(ND, OSU, Texas, Florida, USC, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU) *am I missing anyone?
2-2 Coach's per season max can move
3-A coach needs to be at program for 4 years minimum
4-Major accomplishment need to be meet
-One of the following... A) National Title B) Winning record in BCS bowls C) 2 or more Conference Championships
5-Sensitivity to conference balance
6-5 year rule should be in place, if a coach does not meet any of those criteria or loses a star in prestige, then they essentially get "fired" and the committee comes up with a few job offers equal to or less than the team they are at.
7-Coach has to nominate themselves before off-season, and get's to do off season for new team

Last edited by Coach Gruden on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 9:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:50 am

I say two coaches per season...that way we can even out things if needed to keep conferences aligned.

- 4 year minimum is what I think
- As far as accomplishments, I would say if your job offers include upgrade, you need to have at least one of the following... A) National Title B) Winning record in BCS bowls C) 2 or more Conference Championships

--- I think a 5 year rule should be in place, if a coach does not meet any of those criteria or loses a star in prestige, then they essentially get "fired" and the committee comes up with a few job offers equal to or less than the team they are at.

I think this would add a whole other dynamic to this OD and keep things fresh!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:56 am

BucNutts wrote:
I say two coaches per season...that way we can even out things if needed to keep conferences aligned.

- 4 year minimum is what I think
- As far as accomplishments, I would say if your job offers include upgrade, you need to have at least one of the following... A) National Title B) Winning record in BCS bowls C) 2 or more Conference Championships

--- I think a 5 year rule should be in place, if a coach does not meet any of those criteria or loses a star in prestige, then they essentially get "fired" and the committee comes up with a few job offers equal to or less than the team they are at.

I think this would add a whole other dynamic to this OD and keep things fresh!

I have updated your thoughts...I like them....
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:57 am

I think these can be good guidlines but of course we have some flexibility.....for instance if tiatan takes MTSU to 3 straight 10 season, but maybe not a NC, or winning BCS bowl wins, and only 1 Big East title, I would consider this a rising coach that bigger schools would come after?
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 9:09 am

Yea in regards to a program like MTSU definitely. I think all other users have the same type of programs.

But yes, if titan wins 9-10 games a few times, there has got to be a decent offer out there for him.

Also, the user has to nominate themselves before off-season, after we get to that point. Some users may not want to "hear" any offers.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 9:20 am

BucNutts wrote:
Yea in regards to a program like MTSU definitely. I think all other users have the same type of programs.

But yes, if titan wins 9-10 games a few times, there has got to be a decent offer out there for him.

Also, the user has to nominate themselves before off-season, after we get to that point. Some users may not want to "hear" any offers.

good idea, no reason to waste time if a coach has no interest in leaving...
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:24 pm

I love this idea!
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 1:13 am

Great stuff guys.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 2:06 am

well i nominate brian as prez off the ncaa/coach movement program....
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 2:35 am

Yea I'll head up to committee when the time comes. Obviously when I, or anyone else is up for a coaching offer, that is on the committee, we will have to get some other input as well.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES EmptyWed 22 Sep 2010, 2:16 am

Bump with all the discussion about it lately.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
llcoolgrey

llcoolgrey

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES EmptyThu 23 Sep 2010, 11:23 pm

love the idea...will def keep the dynasty fresh instead of having the same dominating program over and over

would also possibly like the option to name your alma mater and if that team does terrible that year and you have met your coach change requirements, that a vote will be taken as to whether a switch is permitted

For instance. I am a die hard Michigan fan. Lets say for some reason Michigan slips to a 4 or 3 star and has 3 less than subpar seasons. And i have built a power house in Oregon and have won the national championship two years running and have been there for 5 years. I would like the challenge of rebuilding my alma mater back into relavance should the right circumstances present themself.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Greymusic.com
BucNutts

BucNutts

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES EmptyThu 23 Sep 2010, 11:39 pm

Yea Grey, that is a nice idea as well, and will be something I would look at. For me, my love is Ohio State...lol...but everyone has their team/alma mater...so I think in the future it could be something we do.

But I agree, I wanted to do this so we can keep things fresh and moving.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES EmptyFri 24 Sep 2010, 1:24 am

llcoolgrey wrote:
love the idea...will def keep the dynasty fresh instead of having the same dominating program over and over

would also possibly like the option to name your alma mater and if that team does terrible that year and you have met your coach change requirements, that a vote will be taken as to whether a switch is permitted

For instance. I am a die hard Michigan fan. Lets say for some reason Michigan slips to a 4 or 3 star and has 3 less than subpar seasons. And i have built a power house in Oregon and have won the national championship two years running and have been there for 5 years. I would like the challenge of rebuilding my alma mater back into relavance should the right circumstances present themself.

Thoughts?

I agree, IMHO this is the exact reason or scenario to have this in place....it makes the OD very fresh and fun...
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES EmptyFri 24 Sep 2010, 1:27 am

In college football my fav team is Penn State but i FIU would be my alma matter and i dont want to go coach there LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
Sponsored content

JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES   JOB OPPORTUNITIES Empty

Back to top Go down

JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Page 1 of 1