Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2009 Bowl Championship Series

Go down 
+5
luvtotha9s
Goatstain
chAdyP0408
clevmire1
LongGONE24
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bludevilz444

2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 1:23 am

macc went for it on 4th down in the second quarter and when i tried to go for it it was too far for a field goal and too short for a punt and then when i punted the ball it went sailing through the endzone even with me putting half power on it and kicking it as high as ii could,
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 1:24 am

LMAO. I'm the idiot you're the one still here posting crying. Should've known not to let a 12 year old in.

Don't post here anymore Brady, you're gone. I'd hate to ban your IP and your brother Chad not have internet access where you guys are together right now until he gets back home. You're brothers just fine - you go on and keep glitchin' elsewhere buddy.

Last edited by Macc24Est89 on Fri 25 Dec 2009, 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 1:24 am

bludevilz444 wrote:
WOW! If you are saying that pitching it late is a glitch then i did that once and so did you. You were way less of a sim player than I was. In the first half from the six on fourth and goal you went for it, you run commited more than i did, you used a 5-2 half the game which nobody does, you sprinted your quarterback out as soon as he got the snap then no one was open and he just ran up field (I checked your playbook by the way and it wasn't a rollout so you lied), then on punt he moved a blocker back in front of his returner, and you just threw deep balls and went and user caught them. You are an idiot and can't stop the flexbone at all so you call it glitch and can't even tell when somebody run commits. I had like three pick sixes on you so maybe you should work on your o instead of complaining about not being able to stop the flexbone

I'm not taking sides here, and it will be hard for any of the rest of us to know who is right since we didn't see the game...I have played Macc and he seemed SIM to me, so I can speak for him, not saying your not PITT, just haven't played you...love the passion you guys have for your team and the game, hope this can be worked out...
Back to top Go down
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 1:25 am

There is a difference between picthing the ball when you are going down and when you are being hit. I pitched the ball as i was getting hit. He didnt have me going to the ground
Back to top Go down
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 1:26 am

Well it can't because baby macc has kicked me out
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 1:27 am

It'll be just fine. I'll make sure when recruiting that I know people are sim style before just bringing them in. If it means playing a practice game or having their user games early so that we know they're sim - can't believe it took this long to figure it out. I wouldn't rat my brother out either, tho.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 1:29 am

bludevilz444 wrote:
Well it can't because baby macc has kicked me out

What are you still doing here? One more post your IPs getting banned and you'll have to worry about your brother back handing you to shit about not being able to access the forums until he gets back to where ever he lives.
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 1:30 am

zscott10 wrote:
Well now I understand why Dion Lewis had so many yards, and 10.0 ypg lol...and the option in this game is not SIM in my opinion...can't stand the "magic pitch" that QB are able to do when they are about to be go down...EA really needs to fix that...and going for it on 4th and 3 early in the game is a good sign someone is not SIM style

I watched the game from start to finish
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 1:31 am

That's great then you obviously don't realize when someone isn't sim either. Let's just drop it and move on. I should've been much more clear with you when you recruited your brother in. He's the exact type of player that ruins this game online and makes me not even want to play user games.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 1:49 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
zscott10 wrote:
Well now I understand why Dion Lewis had so many yards, and 10.0 ypg lol...and the option in this game is not SIM in my opinion...can't stand the "magic pitch" that QB are able to do when they are about to be go down...EA really needs to fix that...and going for it on 4th and 3 early in the game is a good sign someone is not SIM style

Well, I know it's tough when you have top competitors going at, things get heated...Everyone idea of SIM is going to be different...IMHO after playing MACC I consider him SIM style, and I will guess you would say your Bro is SIM...either way this is MACC OD, so if in his opinion he felt it was not SIM style that is his decision and we all have to live with it and move on or leave the OD?....By the way GT, we had talked about playing at 4EST tonight, can I move that back about an hour, I still need to some shopping for Christmas?....I'm a horriable father/husband who waits to the last min. for this stuff...
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 1:52 am

Wow, so this game result is going to turn into a flame fest?

Get over it boys...and lets move on

A few things I have read..and my 2 cents:

The Triple option attack is really tough to stop on this game, am I saying this is a glitchy playbook..NO...but its tough to defend.

Run Commit is gay, and I like that we don't use it in this dynasty.

User Jump Snap is NOT run commit...its setting your defensive line strategy to aggressive.

As far as the QB pitching the ball under some crazy circumstances, yea that tough, but its not necessarily a glitch, its just EA being dumb. And because pitt uses the Trip Option playbook, alot of his plays will have this going on, so saying its not SIM style is somewhat right. But on the other hand, if that is his offense, and we all knew he ran this type cuz he said so previously....we should have known he was gonna go with it in user games too.

On another note, there is a HUGE difference in playing USER games than playing CPU games. I have played alot online...and the gameplayis different. WE all have to get used to this.
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 2:10 am

zscott10 wrote:
chAdyP0408 wrote:
zscott10 wrote:

Well, I know it's tough when you have top competitors going at, things get heated...Everyone idea of SIM is going to be different...IMHO after playing MACC I consider him SIM style, and I will guess you would say your Bro is SIM...either way this is MACC OD, so if in his opinion he felt it was not SIM style that is his decision and we all have to live with it and move on or leave the OD?....By the way GT, we had talked about playing at 4EST tonight, can I move that back about an hour, I still need to some shopping for Christmas?....I'm a horriable father/husband who waits to the last min. for this stuff...

Exactly everyone will interpret sim and not sim differently. There are some things that everyone agrees on and some where there is a blur. I would say there are some aspects of my bros game that are not sim but overall he is a sim player. I would say macc is a sim player as well but i think he got a little heated in the game and did some different thing that weren't sim but i say he is a sim player. So it does come down to interpretation.

Lol ya thats cool so you just wanna play at 5 est right?
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 2:15 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
zscott10 wrote:
chAdyP0408 wrote:
zscott10 wrote:

Exactly everyone will interpret sim and not sim differently. There are some things that everyone agrees on and some where there is a blur. I would say there are some aspects of my bros game that are not sim but overall he is a sim player. I would say macc is a sim player as well but i think he got a little heated in the game and did some different thing that weren't sim but i say he is a sim player. So it does come down to interpretation.

Ya, 5 EST is great!...Thanks, well my kids say thanks LOL!
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 2:19 am

BucNutts wrote:

The Triple option attack is really tough to stop on this game, am I saying this is a glitchy playbook..NO...but its tough to defend.

User Jump Snap is NOT run commit...its setting your defensive line strategy to aggressive.

As far as the QB pitching the ball under some crazy circumstances, yea that tough, but its not necessarily a glitch, its just EA being dumb. And because pitt uses the Trip Option playbook, alot of his plays will have this going on, so saying its not SIM style is somewhat right. But on the other hand, if that is his offense, and we all knew he ran this type cuz he said so previously....we should have known he was gonna go with it in user games too.

On another note, there is a HUGE difference in playing USER games than playing CPU games. I have played alot online...and the gameplayis different. WE all have to get used to this.

I agree with you 100% here buc.

The thing with the triple option is it is very hard to stop and you will mostly get the same plays or only slight variations of those plays over and over but out of different formations. I think most people get frustrated with it because it is so repetitive and you think you should be able to stop it but it just keeps working.

I also think run commit is gay which is why I personally never run it. I don't mind if people do it occasionally, but when people run it every play there is a problem with that I have found ways around it but still don't like it. I haven't played a person who uses yet in this od.

With the qb pitch there is a very fine line between what is realistic and what isn't. The goal is for the qb to hold it as long as he can and pitch at the last possible second, this is normally where big plays come in. Often times I will try to hold it until right before i get hit or pitch it simultaneous with the hit. I don't try to ever pitch it as im being tackled, that seems to cause a lot of fumbles anyways, but again there is such a fine line between being hit and being taken to the ground.
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 2:20 am

zscott10 wrote:
chAdyP0408 wrote:
zscott10 wrote:
chAdyP0408 wrote:
zscott10 wrote:

Ya, 5 EST is great!...Thanks, well my kids say thanks LOL!

Haha ok cool. Well then they are welcome lol
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 2:25 am

Just chiming in here. Obviously, I did not see the game. However, Lewis averaging 10 ypc for the season should've been a massive, and I do mean massive red flag. I don't care how good a player or team is, no one should be averaging close to double digit yards per carry. Its about about as far from realistic as possible. I'm not certain on this, but I believe Pitt has another player that is averaging in the teens in regards to ypc. He doesn't have many carries. But thats still effin ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 2:26 am

BucNutts wrote:

It wasn't a matter of his option attack beating me, I shut his option down the entire game. He maybe had 2-3 played through three quarters that we're successful and got first downs. It was his jumping the snap on certain plays that unrealistically forced tons of pressure in the backfield on any of the interceptions he had. I understand everyones got their own interpretations of sim and what isn't sim but I can assure you he exploited all the "cheap" aspects of this game.
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 2:45 am

Goatstain wrote:
Just chiming in here. Obviously, I did not see the game. However, Lewis averaging 10 ypc for the season should've been a massive, and I do mean massive red flag. I don't care how good a player or team is, no one should be averaging close to double digit yards per carry. Its about about as far from realistic as possible. I'm not certain on this, but I believe Pitt has another player that is averaging in the teens in regards to ypc. He doesn't have many carries. But thats still effin ridiculous.
I know 10 ypc seems high but its not. For a slot back in the option this is what you want look at Anthony Allen from Georgia Tech he has 9.8 ypc. He doesn't have as many carries but his average is almost the same
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 2:51 am

Here are the top NCAA rushers for 09...only two players with 7+ yards per carry, so ya avg 10 is pretty rare...

Ryan Mathews FrSt 12 276 1808 150.7 6.6 19
Toby Gerhart Stan 12 311 1736 144.7 5.6 26
Dion Lewis Pitt 12 297 1640 136.7 5.5 16
Donald Buckram UTEP 12 259 1594 132.8 6.2 18
Mark Ingram Ala 13 249 1542 118.6 6.2 15
Ryan Williams VT 12 268 1538 128.2 5.7 19
LaMichael James Ore 12 215 1476 123.0 6.9 14
Jacquizz Rodgers ORSt 13 273 1440 110.8 5.3 21
Joe Webb UAB 12 227 1427 118.9 6.3 11
John Clay Wis 12 265 1396 116.3 5.3 16
Alfred Morris FAU 12 263 1392 116.0 5.3 11
Anthony Dixon MSSt 11 257 1391 126.5 5.4 12
Lance Dunbar UNT 12 200 1378 114.8 6.9 17
Montel Harris BC 12 285 1355 112.9 4.8 13
Jonathan Dwyer GT 13 221 1346 103.5 6.1 14
Vai Taua Nev 11 172 1345 122.3 7.8 10
Bernard Pierce Tem 11 224 1308 118.9 5.8 15
Montario Hardesty Tenn 12 264 1306 108.8 4.9 12
Noel Devine WVU 12 225 1297 108.1 5.8 12
Robert Turbin UTSt 12 207 1296 108.0 6.3 13
Daniel Thomas KSSt 12 247 1265 105.4 5.1 11
Ben Tate Aub 12 243 1254 104.5 5.2 8
Curtis Steele Memp 10 198 1239 123.9 6.3 15
Keith Toston OKSt 12 217 1177 98.1 5.4 11
Brandon West WMU 12 214 1164 97.0 5.4 10
Colin Kaepernick Nev 12 148 1160 96.7 7.8 16
Dwight Dasher MTSU 13 224 1154 88.8 5.2 13
Jordan Todman Conn 12 226 1152 96.0 5.1 14
C.J. Spiller Clem 13 201 1145 88.1 5.7 11
Roy Helu Neb 13 217 1139 87.6 5.2 10
Daniel Porter LT 12 211 1132 94.3 5.4 11
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 2:54 am

But that doesn't take into account Allen because I guess he didn't have enough carries but that is how the flexbone is the slot backs don't get the carries. So if anything Lewis had too many carries for a slotback but that's it.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 2:56 am

By the way big props to 9's roster IMHO! I think you nailed T Gerhart rating...I think I had really close to the same amount of carries as he got in real life, he actually had about 200 more yards in real life, I think we have almost exactly the same amount of TD...and YPG 5.5 is very close to what he came out of the season with, nice work!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 3:03 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
But that doesn't take into account Allen because I guess he didn't have enough carries but that is how the flexbone is the slot backs don't get the carries. So if anything Lewis had too many carries for a slotback but that's it.

The thing with Allen is he only had 61 carries, for 597 and a 9.8 yards per carry...it's just not that many carries...take away his two long runs of 82 vs Clemson and 60 vs FSU and you have 455 yards on 59 carries for a 7.7 avg... the point is Lewis with that many carries and that high of ypg is not realistic at all
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 3:04 am

thanks for the props...looks like i missed a brewhaha here...I did notice that some peoples stats seemed outlandish...but I gave them the benefit of the doubt...sorry to hear that we had a disagreement here
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 3:06 am

Nah we're good and moved on.

About the stats, I don't really care what numbers people put up. That I don't think is breaking the rules. The only thing I want to encourage here is fair play in USER games. As for CPU games, fuck run it up that doesn't bother me. I did myself a couple times.

To chime in about the realism aspect - I myself am guilty of having somebody who averages 10 yards per carry.

Dexter McCluster is at the helm of the Wildcat formation for me and the majority of the time against the computer it went for BIG gains. Usually I'd set it up a TON with the handoff to my other back on the reverse so that when I went to run the keeper with Dex it had the play allready flashing as Set Up.

He had a lot of BIG gains from this formation, is that considered cheesy?

Last edited by Macc24Est89 on Fri 25 Dec 2009, 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 3:06 am

2009 SUGAR BOWL POTG - WR Dexter McCluster
6 carries 123 yards 2TD

OTHER OFFENSIVE STANDOUTS
QB Ray Cotton - 11/19 70 yards 1TD
TE Ferbia Allen - 2 catches 25 yards 1TD
WR Lionel Breaux - 2 catches 31 yards

DEFENSIVE STANDOUTS
FS Kendrick Lewis 10 tackles 1 sack
MLB Jonathan Cornell 9 tackles 1 TFL
SS Derrick Herman 6 tackles 1 TFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2009 Bowl Championship Series
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next