Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2009 Bowl Championship Series

Go down 
+5
luvtotha9s
Goatstain
chAdyP0408
clevmire1
LongGONE24
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 3:10 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:

2009 SUGAR BOWL POTG - WR Dexter McCluster
6 carries 123 yards 2TD

OTHER OFFENSIVE STANDOUTS
QB Ray Cotton - 11/19 70 yards 1TD
TE Ferbia Allen - 2 catches 25 yards 1TD
WR Lionel Breaux - 2 catches 31 yards

DEFENSIVE STANDOUTS
FS Kendrick Lewis 10 tackles 1 sack
MLB Jonathan Cornell 9 tackles 1 TFL
SS Derrick Herman 6 tackles 1 TFL

what was the final score?
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 3:12 am

28-0.

I had a recap written but it got lost in translation. It was iffy I had a storyline that Coach Brady Peterson has been stripped of duties as head coach at Pitt and eternally banned from any affiliation with the NCAA because he was physically and sexually abusing some of the underclassmen on the Panthers. I think it's probably best that it didn't go up anyways lol.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 3:14 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
28-0.

I had a recap written but it got lost in translation. It was iffy I had a storyline that Coach Brady Peterson has been stripped of duties as head coach at Pitt and eternally banned from any affiliation with the NCAA because he was physically and sexually abusing some of the underclassmen on the Panthers. I think it's probably best that it didn't go up anyways lol.

LOL, wish I could have read it Very Happy sounds like it was a good one
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 3:35 am

zscott10 wrote:
chAdyP0408 wrote:
But that doesn't take into account Allen because I guess he didn't have enough carries but that is how the flexbone is the slot backs don't get the carries. So if anything Lewis had too many carries for a slotback but that's it.

The thing with Allen is he only had 61 carries, for 597 and a 9.8 yards per carry...it's just not that many carries...take away his two long runs of 82 vs Clemson and 60 vs FSU and you have 455 yards on 59 carries for a 7.7 avg... the point is Lewis with that many carries and that high of ypg is not realistic at all

Thats what Im saying he had too many carries for a slotback. I had a slotback with 8.1 ypc and 8.9 ypc but one had 70 carries and the other 25. So my guys were closer to what you see from the slotbacks at GT s they had a big ypc and small number of carries
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 3:41 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
Nah we're good and moved on.

About the stats, I don't really care what numbers people put up. That I don't think is breaking the rules. The only thing I want to encourage here is fair play in USER games. As for CPU games, fuck run it up that doesn't bother me. I did myself a couple times.

To chime in about the realism aspect - I myself am guilty of having somebody who averages 10 yards per carry.

Dexter McCluster is at the helm of the Wildcat formation for me and the majority of the time against the computer it went for BIG gains. Usually I'd set it up a TON with the handoff to my other back on the reverse so that when I went to run the keeper with Dex it had the play allready flashing as Set Up.

He had a lot of BIG gains from this formation, is that considered cheesy?

No not really cause you were just setting up the play. You were i guess trying only to set it up to get a big play from dex but i thnk its good to have a go-to-guy and i don't mind record breaking stats.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 3:58 am

[quote="chAdyP0408"]
Macc24Est89 wrote:
Nah we're good and moved on.

About the stats, I don't really care what numbers people put up. That I don't think is breaking the rules. The only thing I want to encourage here is fair play in USER games. As for CPU games, fuck run it up that doesn't bother me. I did myself a couple times.

To chime in about the realism aspect - I myself am guilty of having somebody who averages 10 yards per carry.

Dexter McCluster is at the helm of the Wildcat formation for me and the majority of the time against the computer it went for BIG gains. Usually I'd set it up a TON with the handoff to my other back on the reverse so that when I went to run the keeper with Dex it had the play allready flashing as Set Up.

He had a lot of BIG gains from this formation, is that considered cheesy?

I guess I may be in the minority...I just don't think running up the score or stats vs the CPU is good for the league...it skews up awards and makes for a non realistic OD...some folks talk about wanting more user vs user games because having 3 BCS teams being undeafeated as not realistic, but then suggest it's fine to have a RB with 10.0 ypc, or a QB with 50 TD's and don't mind that it's compeltly unrealisitic....seems odd to me...I don't mind when I see a team win a game and score in the 50's, but as we get better recuits and better players and I see teams putting up 70 a game IMHO the league will have lost the realistic value a good OD needs...just my 2 cents...
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 4:10 am

I don't think people should try and run up the score either but you can't tell people not to score and not have their best players get the ball. It's just like if we all played on freshman level the stats and scores would be astronomical simply because we are better than the computer. I don't think there is any reason people should be trying to score and get stats late in the game but you can't say don't throw to so and so or don't run with so and so or you can only score so many points. I think if you just play like and treat the cpu as a user and don't do things that you wouldn't do against a user it will be fine. I think the biggest thing should be that if you get up big on the cpu in the fourth quarter you should just try to eat clock and not run the score up like you would against a user.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 4:14 am

True I guess you could say I got caught up when in the middle of the year Dex was lighting it up. I gave him more touches and threw the ball his way more because he was my proven playmaker - my best bet at converting 3rd downs/gaining solid yardage. I think I'm just a bit bitter that EA screws you over in some games that I take it out on all CPU opponents when I have the chance.

I'm going to start a thread regarding some rules and guidelines we all as the entire OD should agree on and talk about before A) recruiting ANY new user and B) the start of the next season.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 4:19 am

I to probably got caught up in trying to go for big stats and didn't let off the pedal as much as I should have late in games, but make no mistake if i need a big play im going to my best players.

I think that will be a good idea
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 6:09 am

macc when we advacning?
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 6:15 am

Good game to stanford and zscott. I'm too tired to right a full recap lol. Game seemed extra slow but no excuses Scott beat me. Three turnovers killed me, good d from the cardinal
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 6:17 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
Good game to stanford and zscott. I'm too tired to right a full recap lol. Game seemed extra slow but no excuses Scott beat me. Three turnovers killed me, good d from the cardinal

Ya bro, great game, the triple option just wears a d down, you run it very good...that was a great game good way to end the season! Yes there was some def lag...it does make it tough to play forsure

Last edited by zscott10 on Fri 25 Dec 2009, 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 6:18 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
I don't think people should try and run up the score either but you can't tell people not to score and not have their best players get the ball. It's just like if we all played on freshman level the stats and scores would be astronomical simply because we are better than the computer. I don't think there is any reason people should be trying to score and get stats late in the game but you can't say don't throw to so and so or don't run with so and so or you can only score so many points. I think if you just play like and treat the cpu as a user and don't do things that you wouldn't do against a user it will be fine. I think the biggest thing should be that if you get up big on the cpu in the fourth quarter you should just try to eat clock and not run the score up like you would against a user.

I agree!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 6:20 am

BucNutts wrote:
macc when we advacning?

One game left, Kansas vs CPU
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 6:21 am

Thanks man. Well said good end to the season
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 6:22 am

Woah. i wake up on x-mas day 2 this. well i have been complaining to you about brady for awhile. he has been obviously been exploiting the cpu the whole year. i mean 50 god damn TD's in the year with one player, i mean come on guys mix it up abit. pass the ball, run it with some one else.

thats the thing that pissed me off more than his play, i mean he isnt a regular cheeser he just plays a bit like a child and has about 4 plays he uses over and over and the only reason i only beat him by a touchdown is he had a couple of long runs on pitches to lewis when i had the qb tackled. dont know if that is cheese but its a bit of a glitch.

guys i think we gotta get this shit under control, some of us are using one or two guys completely unrealistically and the stats they put up are completely unrealistic and it pisses me off more than anything and makes me wanna quit. i dont care about winning the hiesman and i wouuldn't mind colt mccoy or tim teebow winning it ( cause i feel that is more realistic than some random freshman who no one has heard of who the user decides "i want this guy to win it") ( and i dont mean lewis cause he is good but not heisman material) but i dont wanna have to throw for 5000 yards run for 2000 and have 82 td's to win it because 2 other guys have completely redonculous numbers.

i mean this season was completely out of control and if i wasn't so personnally invested with the bearcats thanks to Macc and those of you that keep it real i would have been gone a long time ago. Correct me if im wrong but isn't the whole fun of this dyn the fact that we are role playing and its not like the other gay dynasties out there that have this problem. If we cant get this shit sorted out IM GONE i cant take, it takes away the fun...

( BTW merry x-mas, i know it isn't x-mas for u guys till tomorrow but it is for me so merry x-mas)
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 6:28 am

clevmire1 wrote:
Woah. i wake up on x-mas day 2 this. well i have been complaining to you about brady for awhile. he has been obviously been exploiting the cpu the whole year. i mean 50 god damn TD's in the year with one player, i mean come on guys mix it up abit. pass the ball, run it with some one else.

thats the thing that pissed me off more than his play, i mean he isnt a regular cheeser he just plays a bit like a child and has about 4 plays he uses over and over and the only reason i only beat him by a touchdown is he had a couple of long runs on pitches to lewis when i had the qb tackled. dont know if that is cheese but its a bit of a glitch.

guys i think we gotta get this shit under control, some of us are using one or two guys completely unrealistically and the stats they put up are completely unrealistic and it pisses me off more than anything and makes me wanna quit. i dont care about winning the hiesman and i wouuldn't mind colt mccoy or tim teebow winning it ( cause i feel that is more realistic than some random freshman who no one has heard of who the user decides "i want this guy to win it") ( and i dont mean lewis cause he is good but not heisman material) but i dont wanna have to throw for 5000 yards run for 2000 and have 82 td's to win it because 2 other guys have completely redonculous numbers.

i mean this season was completely out of control and if i wasn't so personnally invested with the bearcats thanks to Macc and those of you that keep it real i would have been gone a long time ago. Correct me if im wrong but isn't the whole fun of this dyn the fact that we are role playing and its not like the other gay dynasties out there that have this problem. If we cant get this shit sorted out IM GONE i cant take, it takes away the fun...

( BTW merry x-mas, i know it isn't x-mas for u guys till tomorrow but it is for me so merry x-mas)

I feel the same way Clev...I don't mind if a kid goes off one week and run's in 4 TD or Passes for 5 TD, that happens in real life....I just don't want to see it every week, and I don't want to see scores like 77-10....By the way, Merry Christmas to you to!
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 6:31 am

yeAH LOOKS like we are on the same exact page zscott.

btw looks like you prove you should have your shot at the NC, you've made me alittle nervous bout or game next year now.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: ROSE BOWL RECAP   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 6:35 am

# 5 Georgia Tech 11-1 vs #3 Stanford 12-0
Rose Bowl

2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 Rose-bowl-logo

1st QT
Stanford get's an early TO on a punishing hit by FS Bo McNally....which leads to a Toby Gerhart 3 yd TD run...but GT answers back with a huge KO return by C Earls of 69 yards to set up a J Dwyer 2 yd TD run....The Cardinal answer with a nice drive capped with a 1 yd TD run by T Vardell.

2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 Ucla_stanford_football_400

1st qt Score
GEORGIA TECH 7
STANFORD 14

2nd QT
Both D stiffin up in the 2nd qt. and GT picks off Luck to stop a drive, and Stanford get's a loose football deep to stop a scoring chance

Half Score
GEORGIA TECH 7
STANFORD 14

2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 Capt_09b7bba23bfc493889eb60d28d6eed0f_georgia_tech_florida_st_football_flpc211-300x213

3rd QT
Georgia Tech comes out strong and put's together a nice drive, taking 3:14 off the clock for J Dwyer 2nd TD of the day, a 4 yd run to knot the score at 14"s...Stanford has an answer, after a big 13 yd first down catch by C Fleener, which leads to a T Vardell 4 yd run, his 2nd of the day....we head to the 4th Stanford by a TD

3rd QT Score
GEORGIA TECH 14
STANFORD 21

2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 Sptech0913

4th QT
What a good 4th qt, as both D bow up and put together nice efforts, and after a nice stop on 3rd and 3 GT S Blair boots a 25 yd FG to make it 21-17....Stanford get's the ball back with over 3 min left in the game and a chance to run it out, but is forced to put with just over a min in the game....GT takes the ball on it's on 36 and after a couple of nice play's forces a pass that is picked off by C Gatewood to seal the Rose Bowl victory for the Stanford Cardinal![i]

FINAL
GEORGIA TECH 17
STANFORD 21

2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 Medium_JIM-HARBAUGH

FINAL STATS

GT
PASSING J NESBITT 8-13 43 0 TD 1 INT
RUSHING J DWYER 15-68 2 TD
RECEIVING D THOMAS 2-22 0TD
TACKLES S GRIFFIN 15 SOLO 1 TFL & D REESE 14 SOLO

STANFORD
PASSING A LUCK 14-18 124 0 TD 1 INT
RUSHING T GERHART 19-48 1 TD
RECEIVING C FLEENER 6-62 0 TD
TACKLES D HOWELL 12 SOLO 1 FFL

MVP
D HOWELL

2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 728748

Last edited by zscott10 on Fri 25 Dec 2009, 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 6:36 am

clevmire1 wrote:
yeAH LOOKS like we are on the same exact page zscott.

btw looks like you prove you should have your shot at the NC, you've made me alittle nervous bout or game next year now.

AFRAID WON'T BE NEARLY THE TEAM WITH NO TOBY Crying or Very sad

Last edited by zscott10 on Fri 25 Dec 2009, 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 6:37 am

I agree that these stats are inflated.

But what steps do we take ?

The only thing I can think of is to mess with the sliders. But this also takes some guts in CPU games, because if we lose to the CPU we have to be able to take it. None of us WANT to lose to the CPU, but if we adjust sliders to make the stats more real, then I guarantee you that people will lose the CPU on Heisman, and we will see a TON of re-starts.

I have a link to some Heisman sliders that we may be able to use, and its suppose to be real tough, unless you have stacked team, and even then it will be a challenge of sorts.

I am for whatever, I prefer user games, but I have played in OD"s where the Sliders were ridiculous, and its frustrating against the CPU...but it will make everyone stats level out....
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 6:54 am

BucNutts wrote:
I agree that these stats are inflated.

But what steps do we take ?

The only thing I can think of is to mess with the sliders. But this also takes some guts in CPU games, because if we lose to the CPU we have to be able to take it. None of us WANT to lose to the CPU, but if we adjust sliders to make the stats more real, then I guarantee you that people will lose the CPU on Heisman, and we will see a TON of re-starts.

I have a link to some Heisman sliders that we may be able to use, and its suppose to be real tough, unless you have stacked team, and even then it will be a challenge of sorts.

I am for whatever, I prefer user games, but I have played in OD"s where the Sliders were ridiculous, and its frustrating against the CPU...but it will make everyone stats level out....

I don't think it's a slider issue, but like I mention in a earlier thread I think the CPU ability and pass could be bumped slightly...
As far as the user, it appears looking at the stat a majority of us are on the same page...it's pretty simple if you RB goes off one game and has 4 TD & 200 yards it's not an issue....every other game? ya...if your up 35-3 in the 4th qt, sub in a 2nd TB for a series or two....under 3 min in the game and up by 35, may be time to put in the 2nd string....i don't think it's an issue if it's right or wrong to run up score on CPU, and pad stats...is's a personal taste to what kind of OD we all want to play in, and it appers to me most of us agree, very simply you know what is realistic and what's not in regards to football, we all seem to be fans, if you haven't seen it happen in real life game, don't do it, and IMHO your a SIM style player
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 7:08 am

yo special K...I see your on the forums...when u getting your game in?
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 7:22 am

personally i think the sliders are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy atm and would like to see that. BUT in saying that me, macc, jesse and i think goat where in another dyn and the reason it feel apart was that they changed the sliders so im torn.

but i think what ever happens wit sliders we need to self police abit.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2009, 7:25 am

fuck i had a long post and its gone.. playing now guys sorry i did las min shopping
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Bowl Championship Series   2009 Bowl Championship Series - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

2009 Bowl Championship Series
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next