Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2010 Week Two Discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

2010 Week Two Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Week Two Discussion   2010 Week Two Discussion EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 9:32 pm

GOTW

#6 Ole Miss @ #15 Oregon State
- The Rebels travel to Corvallis to take on the Or St. Beavers. The game features a dominant, over-powering defence against an offence charged by two All American... brothers. Jesse's on the hot seat for the second week in a row. If the Rebels allow another Pac 10 team to crush their NC hopes early it could be the hotseat for Coach Macc in Oxford.

#8 North Carolina @ #21 Notre Dame
- In what will be an interesting match up the tough schedule of the Irish have them facing one of the better teams in the country lead by a thunder and lightning package of running backs in Ryan Houston and Shaun Draughn and a stingy defence leave by Quan Sturdivant.

#3 Iowa @ #11 Stanford
- Well, Coach Harbaugh was upset last season about how the BCS figured the National Championship and he was the third team out. He has his chance to prove his spot in this league against our defending National Champion.

Heisman 5

2) WR Bradley McDougald KU - 125 receiving yards 2TDs
3) QB Kale Cooper KU - 24/40 400 yards 4TD
4) HB Jonathan Dwyer GT - 14 carries 101 yards

NATIONAL OFFENSIVE POTW

QB Andrew Luck - 23/30 465 yards 5TD
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week Two Discussion   2010 Week Two Discussion EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 11:53 pm

The Rebels Roll Through Corvallis 31-17

In the 2010 Oregon State/Ole Miss week 2 it would be an interesting match-up filled with tons of All Americans. One of them, All Pac 10 quarterback Junior College transfer James Butler. James has won the starting job in Corvallis and it wasn't the first time that he had seen the coaching staff of the Ole Miss Rebels. Butler in fact had Ole Miss #2 on his list before comitting to Oregon State.

Right out of the gate it looked like it was all Beaver's. They were feeding off of the capacity crowd filling the stands in hopes to be the second team in two years from the Pac 10 to knock off the Rebels. The Beaver's forced a three and out on the Rebels first drive and easily moved the ball down the field with Jacquizz Rodgers capping off the drive with a 19 yard touchdown run.

The Rebels got the ball back and seemed to be struggling. A Ray Cotton sack and a Brandon Bolden run that went for nearly nothing - the Beavers kept the pressure up and Coach Macc dialed a screen to RB Brandon Bolden that would go the distance, 55 yards down the field tying the game at 7 going into the 2nd quarter.

"The Oregon State Beavers have a great defence. I think we overlooked that trying to prepare for the Rodgers brothers. They kept us on our toes all game and thankfully the ball wasn't in our hands too long because we could barely do anything against them," Coach Macc said.

The Rebels settled down in the 2nd quarter allowing just a field goal to make the game 10-7 Beavers. The Beavers seemed to have all the momentum, forcing punts and not allowing the Rebels to roll as they're used to. The second quarter was dying down as the Beavers had the ball in their hands looking to go up by two scores. Coach Macc called a time-out realizing some of his key players were winded and spent that time stressing the fact that Butler doesn't secure the ball when scrambling out of the pocket. Next thing you know, sophmore LE Gerald Rivers got to Butler and did just - forced Butler to put the ball on the ground and junior All American CB Marcus Temple took it down the sideline for the scoop and score. 14-10 Ole Miss.

With the second quarter dying down, the Beavers had a few plays to at least get into Rebel territory and cut the lead to one before the half - when they would receive the kick off. Butler forced a pass on the very first play that, guess who - Marcus Temple picked off and ran down the sideline for six. Back to back plays go for a touchdown for the All American. 21-10 Rebels.

"Well the first touchdown, it was all Gerry on that play. He put the ball right on the ground and I saw all the room infront of me. It was an easy scoop n score. The next play, our entire defence was fired up and I don't think anybody was on my level at that point. I jumped James' route because I know he's they're go to guy and nobody was infront of me. I've scored touchdowns before but never back to back in two plays," Marcus Temple said.

"At this point in the game, we realized that they liked to go over the middle to James and liked to throw Jacquizz in the flats while all of his receivers we're lined up elsewhere. We kept playing man and you can't expect a linebacker to keep up with Quizz, he's one of the fastest kids in the league. So we just dropped 8 in zone coverage," Macc said.

Less than a minute into the third, disaster struck the Beavers again as Butler threw his second pick of the afternoon to Senior LOLB Allen Walker. Walker hit a few blocks and took it down the sideline for a pick six. 28-17 Rebels.

At this point Butler was benched and his opportunity to show the Rebels what they passed up on had been lost.

"Butler is a great quarterback and I guarentee he'll continue to be great as he's got tons of options around him with Catchings and the Rodgers bros. He's in the same class as Quizz so they'll have this and next year together. It's not that we didn't want him here we just have enough depth at the quarterback position right now and he didn't exactly fit the scheme for us. I wish him the best of luck in his career," Macc said.

The Rebels capped their day off with a field goal to keep the 21 point lead and allowed Oregon State to score to finish the game at 31-17. Truly a great game and a shift in momentum was the only reason the Beaver's couldn't hang on. They played an outstanding first half and just could not be stopped.

PLAYER OF THE GAME - CB Marcus Temple 7 Tackles 1TFL 1INT 1FR 2TD's

NOTABLE MENTIONS -
DE (Soph.) Gerald Rivers 8 Tackles 4TFL 3Sacks
OLB Joel Kight (Fresh.) 7 Tackles 4TFL
QB Ray Cotton 12/16 183 Yards 1TD
HB Brandon Bolden 170 all purpose yards 1TD
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: IOWA vs STANFORD   2010 Week Two Discussion EmptyTue 29 Dec 2009, 1:35 am

IOWA VS STANFORD

2010 Week Two Discussion Stanfordcheer

GAME TIME: TBD
WEATHER: 77
TV: ESPN
LINE: IOWA -4 OVER/UNDER (49)

Epic battle of the Big Boys...Stanford playing with a chip on the shoulder for being left out of the NATTY CHAMP game last year came out hungry...and pick Stanzi off in the 1st QT leading to a S Eschelman 3 yd TD run....Stanford stingy D keep Iowa off the score board for the first 29:59 seconds of the first half, but Stanzi hooks up with K Davis for 7 yard TD with no time on the clock to head to locker room down 21-7...in the second half neither team is able to get on the board in the 3rd and we head to the 4th, Stanford 21-Iowa 7...Iowa puts a great drive leading to a 21-14 game...after two huge sacks by Iowa, Luck hooks up with true freshman Kris Gordon for 58 yards, and seemed to take the wind out of Iowa...a late pick by C Gatewood seals the game 28-14..."Good job Iowa, that is one tough team"-Coach Harbaugh

FINAL SCORE
IOWA 14

STANFORD 28

FINAL STATS
STANFORD
PASSING A LUCK 17-21 189 2 TD 0 INT
RUSHING S ESCHELMAN 20-55 1 TD
RECEIVING R WHALEN 4-55 1 TD
TACKLES D HOWELL 6 SOLO 1 INT

IOWA
PASSING R STANZI 19-34 230 YDS 2 TD 5 INT
RUSHING J 12-48 0 TD
RECEIVING D JOHNSONKOULIO 7-106 0 TD
TACKLES L DANIEL 9 SOLO 2 TFL 1 SACK

Last edited by zscott10 on Tue 29 Dec 2009, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week Two Discussion   2010 Week Two Discussion EmptyTue 29 Dec 2009, 6:23 am

ahhh...these two bye weeks for me are gonna feel like forever...lol

Hurry up people Razz
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week Two Discussion   2010 Week Two Discussion EmptyTue 29 Dec 2009, 7:43 am

BucNutts wrote:
ahhh...these two bye weeks for me are gonna feel like forever...lol

Hurry up people Razz

lol I feel your pain. There was only three games I gave people week two byes so it wud adv asap.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week Two Discussion   2010 Week Two Discussion EmptyTue 29 Dec 2009, 8:20 am

my internet is fukn up n i havn't been able to do my recruiting. just gimme a couple of hour n it should be right.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week Two Discussion   2010 Week Two Discussion EmptyTue 29 Dec 2009, 2:10 pm

I see Stanford and Iowa are gettin it in get your recruiting done I want to advance tonight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week Two Discussion   2010 Week Two Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

2010 Week Two Discussion
Page 1 of 1