Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2010 Week 7 Discussion

Go down 
+5
clevmire1
BucNutts
Squirrel918
luvtotha9s
LongGONE24
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

2010 Week 7 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 9:11 am

GOTW

More than I've ever had to chose from so I'll just list.

#1 Mississippi @ #23 Bama
#11 Oklahoma State @ #9 Kansas
#14 Pittsburgh @ #5 USF
#6 Virginia Tech @ #12 North Carolina
#4 TCU @ #8 Texas

This should certainly shake up the top 25 as we've got over 10 ranked teams playing.

Heisman Hopefuls

This list has been completely shuffled.

2) QB Kale Cooper KU - 17/26 416 yards 5TDs
4) RB Jacquizz Rodgers ORST - 29 carries 130 yards 4TDs 4 receptions 91 yards TD

National Offensive Player Of the Week

RB Matthew Tucker TCU - 19 carries 289 yards 3TD 4 receptions 81 yards
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 11:56 am

#13 Oregon State 4-1 took care of Arizona 42-10. The Rodgers boys were at it again,Quizz was Player of the Game, even though he did miss a good portion of the game, with a deep thigh bruise.Katz threw his first Interception, but he didnt get rattled, and played a great game.
Offensive Standouts
R Katz 21-29 340yds 5TDs 1Int
POTGQuizz 23att 81yds 1TD 5rec 137yds 2TDs
James 10rec 125yds 1TD 2att 12yds 1KR 23yds 4PR 18yds 4.5
D Catchings 4rec 72yds 2TDs
Defensive Standouts
K Pankey 12Tkls 2TFL
S Tuimaunei 8Tkls 1Int 4Dfl
S Paea 7Tkls 5TFL 2Sacks
K Camat 5Tkls 2TFL 2Sacks
G Miller 5Tkls 4TFL 2Sacks
Next up for the Beavers...a trip to LA LA Land to take on the Trojans of USC 4-1...the Beavs owe them some medicine from last season...stay tuned

Last edited by luvtotha9s on Sun 03 Jan 2010, 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 1:14 pm

Crimson Tide Gets ROLLED 42-7

The Mississippi Rebels went into Alabama this week the countries #1 team and their crown was put to the test early with what on paper appeared to be one of the premiere games this season. The Rebels put all hopes for a barn burner to sleep behind solid defensive play not allowing Alabama's Mark Ingram or Julio Jones to do anything all day. Ingram was kept quiet at 66 yards on 27 touches. Star Jackson Bama's sophmore dual threat QB appeared to "pose a threat" but Ole Miss appeared to be more than ready for the challenge.

"We thought Star would pose some problems for us being so fast and having the ability to make plays with his legs and arm. Thankfully we kept him in the negative most of the game and took some touches away from Mark forcing them to pass down three scores by half time. Our boys were playing their hearts out today and executed perfectly. I'm a lucky guy to have such a solid group whose coming together so nicely," Coach Macc said.

Brandon Bolden was todays shining star contributing offensively and anchoring the Rebels offence that proved it can beat you in many different ways this afternoon. At the helm of the Wildcat, Bolden accounted for 66 of his 171 yards rushing and two Wildcat plays helped his three rushing scores today. To top it off a 3 reception 36 yard 1TD preformance, his score coming on a clutch third and long 25 yard screen pass after Markeith Summers took the tying Kick Return deep into Bama territory 66 yards.

"Brandon's allowing our offence to expand tremendously and he's giving us plenty of different looks in our passing game, assisting us in moving the chains almost every time. He's the ultimate back that has proven cannot be stopped if he wants to. Bama has one of the best defences in the country and if he's putting up numbers like he did today... well, that Heisman Hype he had last week may be coming back around,"

Tray Talbot continues to amaze from the flanker position, giving QB Ray Cotton the true deep threat he needs. Talbot had 5 receptions today but took them for 175 yards and 1TD. His lone touchdown came on a perfectly executed corner endzone jumpball that the Bama defender really had no shot to defend. Talbot's coming into his own as one of the premiere receivers in this league despite only having played 5 games. He's among the leaders in receiving yards and touchdowns and the Rebels coaching staff are looking brilliant for sitting upperclass for him to have his spot on the field.

"It's great, it feels awesome. The program we've got here and our offensive system allows for me to be doing what I love to do - go deep. Ray keeps putting the ball there perfectly for me and recognizing single coverage. He's audibling when he knows I can find an opening and we really just improv a route that we think can get six. That ball he threw today from our redzone was right in the hands and I had an open lane and I just took off... wish I would've scored though," Tray joked.

Cotton was extremely efficient and kept mistakes to a minimum, his lone interception thrown coming in the Bama redzone on a brilliant play by their middle linebacker. He thre 14/27 for 284 yards and 3TDs, hitting Bolden, Talbot and Summers. His nicest ball coming on the TD to Summers where he split deep zone coverage on a post that sprung Summers for an easy 33 yard TD.

"I'm starting to recognize the types of thing these big name programs do and account for them every game. I worked hard this week studying their defence and I couldn't be happier with the lopsided win," Cotton said.
Back to top Go down
Squirrel918

Squirrel918

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 1:46 pm

Georgia Tech rolls all over the Duke Blue Devils 70-17. They relied heavily on the legs of Jonathan Dwyer as they rolled to victory
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 2:41 pm

Tucker Sparks Offense in 2nd Half, as TCU pulls away from #8 Texas; 35-26

Austin, Tx---

Matthew Tucker had a workman like day, featuring 3 second-half TD's that put away the Texas Longhorns, in the Battle for the Big Tex Trophy( I made this up lol).

The first half offense for TCU was provided by the place kicker as he single-handily gave the Horned Frogs a 9-7 lead going into halftime. That is when Tucker took over and started to roll, as Andy Dalton the QB went down with an injury for the game..."Andy got hurt by getting sacked, and after that they put the ball in my hands and relied on me to get the job done..I just kept at it and we eventually wore them down, credit my O-Line...they did a outstanding job"

This is the second straight year TCU has won this "rivalry trophy" and hopes this will filter out into recruiting on some of the top-flight kids in Texas.

TCU will now turn their focus to the Kansas Jayhawks, as the familiar foe will battle it out next week

Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 2:47 pm

Bearcats Slip By Huskies, 29-26

2010 Week 7 Discussion Com_091104ncf_connCin1v

East Hartford, CT-- The University of Cincinnati today register their first BIG EAST win of the season with a hard fought comeback in miserable conditions against the upset minded UConn Huskies at Rentschler Field. the win gives Cincinnati a 4-2 (1-1) record.

The Bearcats where looking to get their season back on track against the overachieving Huskies after a hearbreaking loss to conference rivals Pitt Panthers last week. But Bearcats struggled in the appauling conditions as they seemed unable to move the chains. UConn had no such trouble lead but quarterback Zach Frazer who gave the Huskies the lead on the first possesion with a 4 yard touchdown pass to wide reciever D. Drifton.

The second quarter changed nothing except the side of field, as Cincinnati had no answer for the Huskies pass attack. UConn managed to score another 16 points in the second quarter as Zach Frazer sliced and diced the Bearcats secondary like an onion to make the score 23-0. With less than 40 seconds left in the half it looked as if the game may be over for the Bearcats given the conditions, but stud returner Darrin Williams made sure the Bearcats would still be in the mix at the half returning the Kickoff 90 yards. And after the missed 2 point conversion the score at the end of the half was 23-6.

Cincinnat's defense needed to step up to give the team a chance having given up 301 yards in the first half and that is exactly what they did. The Bearxats defense held the Huskies scoreless in the third quarter, and when Zach Collaros ran 24 yards for a touchdown mid way through the quarter the Bearcats were right back in it at 23-13.

Cincinnati started the forth with possesion and still down by two possesions and time ticking away they needed to score. They drove down the field with a grueling 12 play 76 yard drive that was capped off with a one yard touchdown pass completed to true freshman fullback Adam Hale to bring the scores within a fieldgoal. The defense came up big on the next series forcing the three and out with enough time on the clock to tie or win it. The Bearcats got into position for the fieldgoal with just 8 seconds remaining and Jake Rogers kicked right through the middle to force overtime.

The Bearcats won the toss in overtime and elected to defend first, after forcing the fieldgoal Cincinnati scored ona 12 yard pass to backup runningback John Goebel to complete a hard fought comeback.

Cincinnati travel to Louisville next week to take on the Cardinals in the annual Battle for the Keg of Nails.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 2:55 pm

clevmire1 wrote:
Bearcats Slip By Huskies, 29-26

2010 Week 7 Discussion Com_091104ncf_connCin1v

East Hartford, CT-- The University of Cincinnati today register their first BIG EAST win of the season with a hard fought comeback in miserable conditions against the upset minded UConn Huskies at Rentschler Field. the win gives Cincinnati a 4-2 (1-1) record.

The Bearcats where looking to get their season back on track against the overachieving Huskies after a hearbreaking loss to conference rivals Pitt Panthers last week. But Bearcats struggled in the appauling conditions as they seemed unable to move the chains. UConn had no such trouble lead but quarterback Zach Frazer who gave the Huskies the lead on the first possesion with a 4 yard touchdown pass to wide reciever D. Drifton.

The second quarter changed nothing except the side of field, as Cincinnati had no answer for the Huskies pass attack. UConn managed to score another 16 points in the second quarter as Zach Frazer sliced and diced the Bearcats secondary like an onion to make the score 23-0. With less than 40 seconds left in the half it looked as if the game may be over for the Bearcats given the conditions, but stud returner Darrin Williams made sure the Bearcats would still be in the mix at the half returning the Kickoff 90 yards. And after the missed 2 point conversion the score at the end of the half was 23-6.

Cincinnat's defense needed to step up to give the team a chance having given up 301 yards in the first half and that is exactly what they did. The Bearxats defense held the Huskies scoreless in the third quarter, and when Zach Collaros ran 24 yards for a touchdown mid way through the quarter the Bearcats were right back in it at 23-13.

Cincinnati started the forth with possesion and still down by two possesions and time ticking away they needed to score. They drove down the field with a grueling 12 play 76 yard drive that was capped off with a one yard touchdown pass completed to true freshman fullback Adam Hale to bring the scores within a fieldgoal. The defense came up big on the next series forcing the three and out with enough time on the clock to tie or win it. The Bearcats got into position for the fieldgoal with just 8 seconds remaining and Jake Rogers kicked right through the middle to force overtime.

The Bearcats won the toss in overtime and elected to defend first, after forcing the fieldgoal Cincinnati scored ona 12 yard pass to backup runningback John Goebel to complete a hard fought comeback.

Cincinnati travel to Louisville next week to take on the Cardinals in the annual Battle for the Keg of Nails.

Dang nice win Cleve...must have been a real battle. Good Job coming back from a big deficit. The computer usually is a real b*tch when they get up big like that.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 3:26 pm

aw bro. i had less than 100 yards in the first half and i just couldn't stop the passing game. and i pride myself on my defence. just had to change up the game plan a bit and really dig in.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 11:14 pm

Am I the last one to get my game in? Man u guys are AnimAls...lol I'll go get in now
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 1:11 am

I wish you were right K but it's on Pitt and Iowa who I'd really like to hurry up.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Arizona St vs Stanford   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 1:34 am

Arizona St vs #2 Stanford

2010 Week 7 Discussion 610x

Stanford comes into the game ranked #2 in the country, but they sure didn't play like the #2 in the country this day...pulling out the 24-14 (I think, to many goose and tonic) victory over a pesky Sun Devils team...Andrew Luck threw for 200 yards and 2 TD, but also threw 2 INT, that makes 5 in the last 3 games, to many for coach Harbaugh..."We have got to limit these INT, it just making bad reads, and trying to force the ball in a place it shouldn't be going to"...RS FR Scott Eschelman put up 70 yards and 2 TD to be player of the game.

FINAL SCORE
ASU 14
STANFORD 24
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 2:51 am

This week the Oklahoma State Cowboys rolled into Kansas but they should have stayed on the bus...the world of ncaa is finally starting to pay attention to Kale Cooper and with the eyes on him this week he showed how good he really is.. In the first half he had over 300 yards and 5 tds... Breaking the all time school record for passing yards on a career. "It was a feeling that i cant describe. My goal when i came to Kansas wasnt to break the records.. it was just to help my team win and even with the record now my goal is the same.." Said Kale COoper on breaking the record. But he wasnt done yet in only 3 min in the third he threw for another 200 yards and 2 td ending the game with 500 and 7 tds... after exiting in the third the Back up came in an continued the domination of Okie state.. thowing for 200 yds and 2 td hiself.. coach had this to say on thier offensive dominance..." They played alot of man and today i guys were just better. this was a good game to see out offense workin at full force because next week our season is on the line as we play tcu who has given us a little bit of touble in the past.. but i think we are ready to go.." the defense was also impressive.. The jayhawks are gonna be working extra hard this week both on and off the field as they get ready for what they are calling the game of the season..

Final Score Kansas 70 Oklahoma State 10
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 2:53 am

hey K...look at user game set up thread for our game.

I posted my times I could be available
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 2:55 am

ya bucc i just saw and i responded
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 4:15 am

Alrite pimps, playas and perpetrators... anyone know the status on the final two games? I wanna get an advance so that next weeks user game can *hopefully* get played this evening. I am going out soon for a couple hours so hopefully this gets done b4 I leave!!
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 6:49 am

im done
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 6:55 am

were you the last one?
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 7:02 am

that new hookum guy hasnt done his stuff yet
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 7:13 am

I won't be around til about 12 EST tonight so i hope he's done by then
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 7:42 am

everyone is done macc. advance b4 u go.
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 7:43 am

I think he left already
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Get_Hooked13

Get_Hooked13

PostSubject: Pitt does it anything, Knocks off another top 10 team....   2010 Week 7 Discussion EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 2:31 pm

2010 Week 7 Discussion Usf-bulls-3

The Pitt Panthers defeated the USF Bulls Sat. night 31-21. the Panthers came out in this game and displayed a dominant run game. With Dion Lewis out the Pass couple of games Pitt has turned to Ray Graham as their feature back and tonight he produced big time, rushing for 154yds on 29 att. "Coach wanted us to control the time of possession tonight so we knew th run game needed to be on point." said Graham. The Panthers seem to be findin their stride at the right time in the season and will need t carry this momentum of these last 2 wins throughout the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/c_shaw13
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 7 Discussion   2010 Week 7 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

2010 Week 7 Discussion
Page 1 of 1