Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....

Go down 
+4
BucNutts
clevmire1
ggang21
Coach Gruden
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... Empty
PostSubject: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 2:13 pm

From the AP
2012 Coach of the Year
1-NC Goat 1010 votes
2-ILL-GGang 997 votes
3-CINCY- Clev 888 votes
4-KU-Axe 812 votes
5-OSU-9's 754 votes
6-IOWA-Coke 751 votes
7-TCU-Bucc 717 votes
8-Ole Miss-Macc 665 votes
9-Auburnzscott 645 votes
10-Maryland-tiatan 599 votes

#1 North Carolina
Coach Goatstain

UNC has the best football program in the country. No other school is close. And Goatstain is the man who built this powerhouse. In four years at Chapel Hill, Goat has compiled an incredible 55-2 record and won one national titles. He is 27-0 in November—yes, you read that right; the man has never lost a game in the month of November—and has led the Tar Heals to 4 straight ACC championships. He’s won at least 11 games in each of the past four seasons—that’s a college football record—and at one point led this team to 31 straight conference wins.

#2 llinois
Coach Ggang

Surprised? Don’t be. College football insiders have known for years just how good a coach Ggang is. Now everyone else is finding that out, too. In just two full seasons at Illinois, Ggang has gone 24-2 and last year led the Illini to the Big 10 championship and the school’s first-ever BCS bowl appearance. I mean, the guy took Illinois to the Orange Bowl. Ggang is no fluke, though. Before arriving in Illinois, he enjoyed successful stints at Central Michigan (he took his team from 4-7 in his first year to 9-4 in his last, including a MAC championship) and Division II’s Grand Valley State, where he went 118-35-2 and won two national titles. His 2001 team averaged 58.4 points per game.

#6 Iowa Hawkeyes
Coach Cokenblues

This is all you need to know about Coach Cokenblues: He’s won two of the last four national championships. Given the juggernaut that Iowa has become under Cokenblues leadership, it’s easy to forget that, upon his arrival, the Hawkeyes were scuffling. Kirk Frienz couldn’t keep up the momentum built by Hayden Fry and, at least for a couple years there, the Hawkeyes weren’t a player on the national scene. Coach Cokenblues turned things around quickly. He’s 44-9 during his time in Iowa and has two Big 10 championships on top of those two national titles. Oh, and lest we forget, before coming to Iowa, he was 22-2—including a Fiesta Bowl win—during his time at Miami of Ohio.

#4 Kansas Jayhawks
Coach Axspecialk

Coach Axspecialk hasn’t enjoyed the success that Goat has at UNC, or Cokenblues has at Iowa. Interestingly, though, Coach Axspecialk gets a lot more attention. Not that the guy doesn’t deserve it. He took over a struggling KU program in 2009 and, in his just his second year in Kansas, led the Jay Hawks to a 12-2 record that included an undefeated regular season. He's recruiting like crazy and Big 10 titles are surely soon to come. Need to win a bowl game, Coach Axspecialk is 4-0! Of course, this isn’t Coach Axspecialk first stop in the Big 10. Between 2000 and 2004, he led Iowa State to a 48-16 record, including two Big 10 championships and one national title. He’s also coached at Michigan State (where he went 34-24-1) and Toledo, and suffered through a brief, horrific stint with the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons

#5 Oregon State
Coach Luvtotha9's

Coach Luvtotha9's took over at his alma mater in the most trying of circumstances: He was called in to replace the successful Dennis Erickson, who died suddenly in 2008 due to alcohol poisoning. Nobody gave Coach Luvtotha9's much of a chance; besides, he was the youngest and maybe the most inexperienced head coach in the country. But if anyone “gets” Oregon State, it’s Coach Luvtotha9's, a two-time Pac Ten defensive player of the year who led the Beavers to the 1994 Rose Bowl. He’s embraced the challenge of winning in Corvallis as coach, too, improving his team’s record in each of his first three years. After going 8-4 in 2009, the Beav's went 10-2 in 2010 and 10-2 in 2011, and 12-1 in 2011. He should have the Beavers in a New Year's Day bowl game—or even back in Pasadena—within the next two years.

Possible Coaching moves for 2013....with my %....
99.9% sure NC and Illinois are staying put...Clev wants the ND job so I doubt they drop to 4* even after going 6-7....60% K jumps to Oregon 45% to Ohio State?...80% 9's is staying at OSU...70% Coke jumps to Miami.....If available 90% Bucc will jump at the chance to go to Ohio State....80% Macc will probable stay at Ole Miss....80% I stay at Auburn....not sure about Titan, he may have mention interest in Miami if Coke doesn't take it 80% he would...my guess is we have a new coach next season at Oregon, OSU, and Miami?...should be interesting....and for the record, Maryland, Illinois, are fine with having 3 teams in there conference in regards to Ohio State, and Miami....not sure how NC or Iowa feel about it?

Last edited by zscott10 on Tue 16 Feb 2010, 6:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ggang21

ggang21

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 2:21 pm

lol good write up scott i really liked it. I like your story of my previous job way better than mine. I said i was the assistant coach at Grambling State. But its all good.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 4:31 pm

thatas funny. coach ggang seems to have had the exact same career path as brian kelly.lol
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 5:19 pm

clevmire1 wrote:
thatas funny. coach ggang seems to have had the exact same career path as brian kelly.lol
clev you are on to me...glad you guys liked it, it was fun.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 12:44 am

was this the final AP poll on the game after the 2012 champ game?
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 12:47 am

Yo this looks tight! I'm gonna give it a read after my w1 recruiting is done. Very cool Chris! If you've got time to do stuff like this keep it up, like Ax's off-season recap I think it adds way more to the OD my stuff gets stale n boring all the time lol. I wish we all would take turns puttin a weekly post up n stuff. I dunno.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 1:04 am

Just read it, that was SICK Chris!
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 2:29 am

LongGONE24 wrote:
Just read it, that was SICK Chris!

thanks man, it was fun, i was bored last night!
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 5:32 am

nice post scott.. .. only thing i want to metion is i am UN DEFEated in Bowl games!!!! 4-0
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 5:37 am

axspecialk wrote:
nice post scott.. .. only thing i want to metion is i am UN DEFEated in Bowl games!!!! 4-0

I have updated your bio....some of the numbers/stats I didn't know so I just made sheet up.
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 6:12 am

really dont understand how im number three if i have 2 nc's in 4 years but i guess 3 is ok
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 6:13 am

o shit my bad this is coach of the year... i was thinking this was that vote for coaching moves
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 6:57 am

cokanblues wrote:
o shit my bad this is coach of the year... i was thinking this was that vote for coaching moves

I can see why it was confusing...I will try and do a write up for the other coach's later.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 7:08 am

TCU
#7 Coach Phillips

So Coach Phillips Satan doesn't play well with others. Boo-flippin-hoo.
In his last four seasons in the college game, his teams have won a national championship (TCU 2011) and watched helplessly as the BCS prevented TCU from playing for it all last fall with a perfectly played regular season. His 4 year W-L is a staggering 52-4 and has been Big 12 Champs four straight years!

Phillips landed the best recruiting class in the nation the last two years, and his ability to get young guys ready to play at a high level and will have the Horn Frogs competing for national titles as long as he stays in the Great State of Texas!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 7:16 am

Cincinnati
#3 Coach Clev

If you're looking for the definition of an elite coach, here he is: He recruits as well or better than anyone, his teams win conference championships, and he's media savvy.
There's nothing but love for Clev, which overshadows this glaring truth: Despite all the success at Cincy, Clev's teams have played for two national championships in his four seasons.

Instead of focusing on Cincinnati's 0-fer in its last 2 BCS Championship games --- we should put as much emphasis on what the Bearcats do right: success in one of the best BCS conferences, graduation rates, and getting kids into the NFL.

The problem is that the BCS system places value on playing for it all, and conference championship games become merely a step in the process -- when, in reality, winning the Big East or Big 12 is much harder than winning one game for the national title.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 7:30 am

Ole Miss
#8 Coach Macc

Macc has been one of college football’s most consistent winners over the past two decades. First at Virgina and then Ole Miss, he has proven himself to be one of the greatest recruiters in the country—and he’s not bad on gameday, either. Since taking over at Ole Miss in 2009, Macc has compiled at record of 48-6. He’s never won less than nine games in a season. His 2009 team, led by the spectacular Trey Talbort, went 12-2 en route to Macc first SEC Championship, and followed by 2 of the next 3 years. At Virgina, Macc went 69–46 between 1991-2008, delivering one of the greatest stretches of success in Virgina history
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 7:40 am

Maryland Terps
#10 Coach Titangator

Three years ago, Titangator wouldn’t have been on this list. But there’s no denying the turnaround that he has engineered at Maryland in just two short season. After enduring seven losing seasons in seven years between 2002 and 2009, Maryland hired this young stud to raise the turtles from the ashes, and that is just what he has done, going 21-3 from 2010-2012. This is coach Tiatangator first shot as a D1 coach, as this high school legend,coaching for the Dillon Panthers to a 170–11–3 record, including 8 State of Texas HS championships and 13 undefeated seasons—more than any coach in high school football history. He holds a great base for recruiting in the state, and watch for big things this year from Maryland as they look to knock off the National Champions North Carolina Tar Heels!

Last edited by zscott10 on Tue 16 Feb 2010, 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 8:43 am

aww too much luv for cinci in winning the beats east that conference is a joke! lol one tough game a year and thats pitt no confrence champ... puuullleeaaazzzeeee!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 8:54 am

axspecialk wrote:
aww too much luv for cinci in winning the beats east that conference is a joke! lol one tough game a year and thats pitt no confrence champ... puuullleeaaazzzeeee!!!

be nice Axe...I was trying to cheer Clev up after his tough Natty Championship game LOL.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 8:59 am

sweet write up for me lol, i love them dillon panthers
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 9:37 am

Lol Scott. What is this coach Phillips Satan and doesn't play well with others? LOL
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 9:43 am

BucNutts wrote:
Lol Scott. What is this coach Phillips Satan and doesn't play well with others? LOL

I took it off the Nick Saban bio....they called him "little nicky satan"...lol, i ran with it, because it's the complete opposite of you...
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 9:46 am

O ok lol. Nce write ups btw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....   Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Coach of the Year....and possible Coach movement thoughts....
Page 1 of 1