Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Week Six Discussion

Go down 
+6
clevmire1
ggang21
BucNutts
Coach Gruden
bludevilz444
LongGONE24
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Week Six Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 12:13 pm

I couldn't count anyones short because every game is just as important as the other. We've got a huge user game that will decide the fate of the rest of the OD depending on who wins. If Stanford wins and can win out with all the top 10 teams playing this week I almost guarentee they've written their ticke to the NC. If Oregon State comes through - it opens the door for a lot of us 1 loss teams.

GOTW

#16 Stanford @ #24 Oregon State

#10 Georgia Tech @ #25 FSU

#12 TCU @ #3 Oklahoma

#14 Penn State @ #9 North Carolina

#8 Alabama @ #9 Ole Miss

Heisman

1) Dexter McCluster WR Ole Miss
- Two big weeks for my boy and he'll be running hard when we hope to take a win at home against Bama.

2) Mardy Gilyard WR Cincinnati
- Huge week last week 139 yards on 7 catches with 2 TDs.

4) Dion Lewis HB Pittsburgh
- 22 carries for the true freshman and he put up 159 yards and 6 TDs.

5) Jonathan Dwyer HB Georgia Tech
- 19 carries for 140 yards and 3 TDs last week.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 12:18 pm

Lewis also had a receiving td lol
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:04 pm

EARLY SEASON PAC 10 SHOWDOWN

STANFORD VS OREGON STATE

Week Six Discussion 731928VS.Week Six Discussion Ncf_i_rodgers_200

GAME TIME: 7:15
LIVE TV: ESPN HD 7:00
FAVORITE: OSU -1 OVER/UNDER (47)
TEMP:

#16 STANFORD VS #24 OREGON STATE
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:11 pm

Horned Frogs Defense rises to the Occasion

Week Six Discussion 83150116

Norman, OK----

A week after giving up some big plays and suffering a loss, the Coach Patterson led Frogs came back in a huge way to down the 3rd ranked Oklahoma Sooners, 37-17. The Horned Frogs bend but don't break defense was the story of the game.

The TCU defense limited the potent OU offense to less than 350 total yards, and forced two huge interceptions. The first TO set the tone for the entire game, with OU driving on their initial drive, LB Washington stepped in front of a Landry Jones pass in the endzone, and ran it back to the OU 20 yard line, setting up Joseph Turner's first of 3 TD's. " That play was huge for our moral, after giving up alot of points the previous week, and seeing OU drive on us on their first drive, that INT proved to give us the spark we needed.....the while game our defense battled..we knew they would make some plays, but we had to come up with stops when it counted" Coach Patterson says.

Not to be out done was the potent running attack of the Horned Frogs. All American Darkhorse Joseph Tuner led the way with 20 carries, 190 rusing yards and 3TD's and also chipped in 71 yards receiving. The Horned Frogs rushing attack rolled up over 200 yards on the ground, as true Freshman Tucker gave the OU defense a different look with his speed. " We had to play ball control, and efficient today, we didnt have any turnovers today which was outstanding, since we had 4 last week"...."we are making improvements and that is key."

Player of the Game

J. Turner-- 20 car, 194 yards, 3TD's; 70 yards receiving.

Last edited by BucNutts on Tue 15 Dec 2009, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:12 pm

BucNutts wrote:
Horned Frogs Defense rises to the Occasion

Norman, OK----

A week after giving up some big plays and suffering a loss, the Coach Patterson led Frogs came back in a huge way to down the 3rd ranked Oklahoma Sooners, 37-17. The Horned Frogs bend but don't break defense was the story of the game.

The TCU defense limited the potent OU offense to less than 350 total yards, and forced two huge interceptions. The first TO set the tone for the entire game, with OU driving on their initial drive, LB Washington stepped in front of a Landry Jones pass in the endzone, and ran it back to the OU 20 yard line, setting up Joseph Turner's first of 3 TD's. " That play was huge for our moral, after giving up alot of points the previous week, and seeing OU drive on us on their first drive, that INT proved to give us the spark we needed.....the while game our defense battled..we knew they would make some plays, but we had to come up with stops when it counted" Coach Patterson says.

Not to be out done was the potent running attack of the Horned Frogs. All American Darkhorse Joseph Tuner led the way with 20 carries, 190 rusing yards and 3TD's and also chipped in 71 yards receiving. The Horned Frogs rushing attack rolled up over 200 yards on the ground, as true Freshman Tucker gave the OU defense a different look with his speed. " We had to play ball control, and efficient today, we didnt have any turnovers today which was outstanding, since we had 4 last week"...."we are making improvements and that is key."

Player of the Game

J. Turner-- 20 car, 194 yards, 3TD's; 70 yards receiving.

nice w...nice to see the horn frongs back on track!
Back to top Go down
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:14 pm

the might and power of dion lewis was just to unstopable for the Huskies, Dion Lewis set a single game rushing record with 310 yards surpassing tony dorsetts mark of 309."i dont worry about the stats i just want to win." said a happy Lewis after the game. The offense keeps rolling but the defense seems to be slowing this team down. the past two weeks they have allowed 100 yard rushers and with the best teams on their schedule yet to come can they fiz it and compete for the title or will they D carry this team to a terrible fate?

final score 56-20
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:17 pm

Quote :
nice w...nice to see the horn frongs back on track!

Thanks...I was nervous because OU drove the ball all game long really...my red zone defense was amazing this game.

Last edited by BucNutts on Tue 15 Dec 2009, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:20 pm

The Rebels Are Rollin!!

The Ole Miss Rebels continued their winning streak today knocking off SEC powerhouse and #8 ranked Alabama at home this afternoon 28-21. In what appeared to be a game decided on the ground the Rebels defence didn't allow Mark Ingram over 100 yards and kept him out of the endzone.

"We practiced hard all week with our first string backs against our first string D and it turned out that it was Trent Richardson we weren't prepared for. He had two scores on us but we stayed calm and cool and remained comfortable all game. Jevan stepped up for us when we needed him and we feel like Ray forced a few bad throws but generally we did a good job of protecting our quarterbacks and nearly all incompletions were catchable balls. Any time you can take a win over Alabama you don't complain much about the final score," Coach Macc said.

Dexter McCluster, this weeks recent #1 on ESPNs Heisman list had a good day however only made it into the endzone once, on the ground.

"The Crimson Tide D played me tough, they were ready for all Wildcat packages and I really had to go up and catch some balls to get some yards. The Heisman stuff doesn't go to my head, I just go out and do what I can to help my team win. If they call my number, if it means blocking on a run play, returning kicks and punts... whatever it is. I'm just thankful I get to have the ball in my hands so often and my coach finds ways to put the ball in my hands. I'd love to bring the Heisman to Mississippi," Dexter had to say.

Dex had 13 carries for 81 yards and his lone score and caught 7 passes for 116 yards in what surprised him, the Crimson Tide D almost letting him take balls underneath.

"I had a couple shots where I had my guy beat and the ball just sailed a bit. Two I can remember distinctively... had I caught those... I don't think anybody would be able to even see my tail lights on the Heisman list,"

Rebels continue to Roll as they Roll the Tide and look to continue their SEC dominance.

"We know Bama will take care of some good SEC teams for us. We needed this win because winning the SEC is our #1 priority here," Coach Macc said.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:25 pm

Cmonnn play your games I'm on a roll I wanna keep this goinnN! lol
Back to top Go down
ggang21

ggang21

PostSubject: New Coach gets First Win   Week Six Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:58 pm

Ok Guys im not a good writer so work with me

Coach Tre Kelly took over duties for Coach Ron Zook last week. Coach Zook was let go for loosing two big games against a good Ohio State squad. And a always tough Penn State. When Coach Kelly was hired he came into practice ready to work. “I see a lot of potential in this team. I think they have a great offense and a growing defense.” said Coach Kelly. Just 5 days after taking over the team he lead the Fighting Illini To their first Big Ten Win against Michigan State. Illinois came out the gate fast and never looked back. The Defense was the highlighted area of the game. They held Michigan State to 135 passing yards and only 8 rushing yards. “The Defense really shined today and made it easy for the offense with all the good field position” Said a happy Coach Kelly. Offensively Illinois came away with 417 yards. “We were able to run and pass the ball successfully today. The offense was in sync for the first time this year” said Juice Williams who had 294 passing yards and 3 touchdowns. Next week The Fighting Illni are off to Bloomington to face their Rivals The Indiana Hoosiers. It looks to be a tough game. We will see what lies next for Coach Kelly.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 2:50 pm

hey wat u wanna do TKELZ is do a moch press conference ormedia release or something and post it in COACH CONFERENCES.

come up with some story line y u are taking over.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
ggang21

ggang21

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 4:24 pm

ok cool that will be fun ill do it tomorrow!!
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 9:29 pm

A new user in the big ten? Welcome ill get mt game in around 3pm est. Finally
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
DMT1809

DMT1809

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 1:24 am

gona get my stuff done right now b4 work..ill be glad when this week is over and im off for 2 weeks lol finals suck ass
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 1:24 am

tkelz21 wrote:
Ok Guys im not a good writer so work with me

Coach Tre Kelly took over duties for Coach Ron Zook last week. Coach Zook was let go for loosing two big games against a good Ohio State squad. And a always tough Penn State. When Coach Kelly was hired he came into practice ready to work. “I see a lot of potential in this team. I think they have a great offense and a growing defense.” said Coach Kelly. Just 5 days after taking over the team he lead the Fighting Illini To their first Big Ten Win against Michigan State. Illinois came out the gate fast and never looked back. The Defense was the highlighted area of the game. They held Michigan State to 135 passing yards and only 8 rushing yards. “The Defense really shined today and made it easy for the offense with all the good field position” Said a happy Coach Kelly. Offensively Illinois came away with 417 yards. “We were able to run and pass the ball successfully today. The offense was in sync for the first time this year” said Juice Williams who had 294 passing yards and 3 touchdowns. Next week The Fighting Illni are off to Bloomington to face their Rivals The Indiana Hoosiers. It looks to be a tough game. We will see what lies next for Coach Kelly.

Nice Job Coach Kelly, good write up, welcome to the dynasty!
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 1:32 am

I should be able to play my game within the next few hours

Last edited by chAdyP0408 on Wed 16 Dec 2009, 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DMT1809

DMT1809

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 3:49 am

I beat Auburn 45-38. Damn it was a shoot out lol my defense has a lot of holes that need to be fixed lol. Mallet cruised he went 20-28 for about 230 with 2TD's and no picks. My man Michael Smith is a Heisman Darkhorse he had over 200 yards and 3 TD's on 33 carries. I really want to work on my pass defense the secondary just gets beat to easily lol. I'm gonna start using more zone blitzing too. Once I get my hard hitting corners that can jam up receivers easily we'll be in good shape. :-D 3-2 and ready to start rolling in the SEC :-D
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Tech Defense Proves to be too Strong   Week Six Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 5:09 am

Week Six Discussion Fsu_v_10

Tech Rolls Past the Noles Behind 21 Defensive Points

Tallahassee, Florida-The Georgia Tech defense was able to deliver the type of performance the offense delivered a week ago. Taking three picks back to the house Tech's defense outscored the Seminoles offense 21-0. The three players that were suspended a week ago on defense made statements right out the gate. On the first play safety Burnet made a tackle of RB Thomas in the backfield. On the next play Derrick Morgan record a sack of Christian Ponder. The third play would really be the one that set the tone for the game as Butler picked off a Ponder pass and returned it for six. The Seminoles offense was really no match for what Georgia Tech put up. The Seminoles only managed 130 yards, -3 in the first half. Ponder was picked off four times and three were taken back to the house. With all the points and defensive success you would have thought that the Yellow Jacket offense played well, but they didn't. They slopped around most of the game and turned it over three times themselves. One of which was returned for Florida State's only touchdown. Dwyer had a decent game but once again only saw 18 carries. Dwyer's carries have dropped significantly over the past three weeks. The first three week saw him get over 30 carries per game. In the last three games the most carries he has gotten is 18. "As I said when everyone was marveling at Dwyer and his production, people were giving the fullback to us, now they have taken him away the last few weeks and other people have gotten involved," Coach Johnson said of Dwyer's play. JD did finish with 104 yards and a TD, but that won't be the type of numbers he needs to put up to stay in the Heisman Race. Next week the Jackets will play host to Virginia Tech in yet another big conference game.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 5:15 am

how many games left?
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 5:18 am

clevmire1 wrote:
how many games left?

Stanford and OSU will be playing tonight, in about 3 hours...so at least 2 left?
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 5:29 am

So wait why is Georgia Tech suspending their players?
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 5:30 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
So wait why is Georgia Tech suspending their players?

read his press conference
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 5:38 am

Ya its in there but I basically did it because I don't want them to leave early and so it is my hope that by them playing less they will be more likely to stay instead of opting for the draft. I have no idea if it will work but i thought i would give it a shot. So i figured if they weren't gonna play i might as well spice it up by saying I suspended them
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 5:39 am

That could seriously backfire on you and have them elect to transfer instead of declare early...
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 5:41 am

That's true i didnt think of that, but i don't know it seems like the only guys that transfer are guys that never play. I was just hoping that by maybe keeping their stats down for a game they wouldn't be as likely to want to leave early but they still could transfer, you never know I guess we will see how it works out at the end of the season
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week Six Discussion   Week Six Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Week Six Discussion
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next