Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2014 Week Eleven Discussion

Go down 
+3
luvtotha9s
LongGONE24
axspecialk
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

2014 Week Eleven Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 Week Eleven Discussion   2014 Week Eleven Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Mar 2010, 12:13 am

LongGONE24 wrote:
And that 4th down attempt when you were up by 14... thankfully I came away with the INT but that was pretty lame IMO.

Are you talking about when I was on the 38 yard line, and was in punt formation and my punter threw the INT?...If so, not sure what happen, thought I had called for a punt, and wasn't my intention to fake it...I must have picked fake punt, and didn't realize it...IMHO it was to far for a FG, and most coach's would go for it in that situation, but was trying to be SIM, and thought it was a decent option to try and pin you deep....If I had wanted to go for it I would have keep my offence on the field....

As far as the slant pass, and crossing routes, what would you have me do, your defence is so aggressive, I couldn't run the ball...you stack the line, and when you bring your safties up so much you leave that part of the field open...not sure how you can even consider it glitchy?.....

What got you in more trouble was going for it on 4th down late in the 2nd qt when you were 70 yards from your endzone LOL, giving up field position left me with easy points...to me that was pretty lame, and shocked you would even call me out, I get your frustrated, but come now.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Week Eleven Discussion   2014 Week Eleven Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Mar 2010, 12:19 am

zscott10 wrote:
LongGONE24 wrote:
And that 4th down attempt when you were up by 14... thankfully I came away with the INT but that was pretty lame IMO.

Are you talking about when I was on the 38 yard line, and was in punt formation and my punter threw the INT?...If so, not sure what happen, thought I had called for a punt, and wasn't my intention to fake it...I must have picked fake punt, and didn't realize it...IMHO it was to far for a FG, and most coach's would go for it in that situation, but was trying to be SIM, and thought it was a decent option to try and pin you deep....If I had wanted to go for it I would have keep my offence on the field....

As far as the slant pass, and crossing routes, what would you have me do, your defence is so aggressive, I couldn't run the ball...you stack the line, and when you bring your safties up so much you leave that part of the field open...not sure how you can even consider it glitchy?.....

What got you in more trouble was going for it on 4th down late in the 2nd qt when you were 70 yards from your endzone LOL, giving up field position left me with easy points...to me that was pretty lame, and shocked you would even call me out, I get your frustrated, but come now.

Are the games when we play eachother even fun anymore? You're obviously much better than I am and know how to put up points and move the chains I feel like I barely even pressure you and I think my defence is the farthest thing form aggressive when you can move the ball so easily on me. I wasn't calling you out I just don't understand how many crossing routes you'll run in one game. I understand the concept of don't fix what isn't broken but I seriously am clueless how to defend that. IRL - you'd leave your linbackers to cover the middle and your safeties deep to cover deep balls... I'll have my MLBs or inside CBs playing zone all covering the middle but still you find the window every time even thought I've told my players to SPECIFICALLY guard that part of the field and that slot receiver. But that doesn't work in this game so I guess while I am frustrated I don't have a conference opponent that I can even COMPETE with or score a TD in the past THREE games on, it obviously gets annoying when I have NO shot at the CC every year.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Week Eleven Discussion   2014 Week Eleven Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Mar 2010, 12:38 am

Macc, I get it's frustrating, and sorry your not having much fun...I do have fun playing you, and I think your much closer to beating me then you realize...Also, I have had 4 yrs at Auburn to recruit...a SR AA QB...all my OL are over 90...and this is your first year at Georgia...what till you get your recruits in, your a much better recruiter then I so your bound to have some good talent the next couple of years...did you get my PSN note I sent last night?
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Week Eleven Discussion   2014 Week Eleven Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Mar 2010, 12:58 am

ya macc i think u need to remember ur not really a talented team its ur first year he is suppose to own ur ass.. last year i got lucky. i beat maryland in overtime and 9's was close.. and scott i dont really think he is calling u out he is just frustrated n thats how he vents lol.. I kno what he means about u and the middle of the field its the same thing i said this year earlier when we played and there is nothing wrong with it.. its just hard to stop i mean i eventually i got the pick cause thats ur money play and i kinda figured out how to stop it.. u have to play as the mlb and manually cover the slant.... bucc, cokan have figured out how to completely take the middle of the field from u.. whatever defense they play there is no slant throwing ever.. u have to go to the outside and make tough throws i wanna say its a cover 2 because the corners release the outside wr to the saftey n they play press so u have to wait for ur wr to get off the jam and they blitz so u dont have time.. but my point is its really hard to do n those are the only 2 i have played that shut the slant down in both windows which seems impossible.. Also macc if ne one here knows ur pain its me i never beat bucc for the big xii EVER.. and in this dynasty i dont kno if ne one is way better than ne one but some ppl u just aren't gonna match up well with.. i dont match up well with bucc i wanna throw and he knows how to shut that down.. so my suggestion to u is to revamp ur offense even if its for that one game go against ur tendencys and try to do different things.. the last few games with me n bucc were really about who could play outside their pattern and it makes for an exciting rivalry... dont get down man its early u will get a win once u get ur guys in the paces u want them its a totally different kinda game...
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Week Eleven Discussion   2014 Week Eleven Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Mar 2010, 1:21 am

well put ax...

I am feeling the same thing with cokan right now. He has beaten me 4 times now, and he is very tough to stop and play against. I know mostly it's because he is real familiar with the way I play, and I haven't done a good enough job at making adjustments to throw him off.

But everyone has "money plays" or "money concepts" that if you can stop or make them think twice about doing so, it will change the way the game turns out, maybe not a victory, but a much more competitive game. Some of these things the CPU AI will not take away, so you have to do it yourself the best you can. If you can control this at least some of the time, the other user will be hesitant to do some of those things on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
ggang21

ggang21

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Week Eleven Discussion   2014 Week Eleven Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Mar 2010, 1:52 am

yeah its crazy how we all match up differently against each other. Like me i beat Macc once and he's beat me 2 time and i see that Bucc has been beat by Cokan but i beat Cokan b4 and Bucc beat me last night. So its like a big circle. I do understand how you feel about the crossing patterns. I could never beat Clev as you can see the guy beat me 59-7. I have never been beat like that b4. Clev had this crazy Offense that consisted of crazy pass plays and runs i could not figure out. I mean all you can do is just try to figure out what its gonna take. Like i cant wait to play Bucc again because i think i found something in his game that can work towards my advantage. lol no offense to Bucc
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Week Eleven Discussion   2014 Week Eleven Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Mar 2010, 4:27 am

lol ggang if u found a tell it might not be there next year. i have beaten bucc before but u gotta remember this is year 2 for him at ohio state and his stats say he still hasn't found a beast at rb.. the last of my 2 losses 2 him were defensive battles and i kno kinda how to slow him down but when he has a great back it is impossible.. but ya its a round robin kind of league here..i think us moving teams was the best move for this dynasty because it has made ppl have to get familer with the other players...towards the end of my game last year with 9's he started figuring me out.. so this year it should be good i think everyones first time playing me my style of offense throws u off but then once u start to understand u kinda can figure it out.. i love how balanced this od is...
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Week Eleven Discussion   2014 Week Eleven Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Mar 2010, 5:36 am

Thanks Ax, you feel my pain lol. It just sucks I so bad want to win the SEC! lol I'll be alright it will take a few years to build I should feel lucky I'm going to the SEC Ship and I'll get one last shot! lol I think I'm gonna holla at Buc about some strategies though.... lol
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Week Eleven Discussion   2014 Week Eleven Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2014 Week Eleven Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2