Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2016 Week One Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
axspecialk

axspecialk

2016 Week One Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 2016 Week One Discussion   2016 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 1:22 pm

Is up and i am pretty sure i got everything right this year!!! yay me! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week One Discussion   2016 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 7:38 pm

The #9 Oregon State Beavers opened up their season with a dominating win against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 42-0. Coach 9's gave starting QB Ryan Gates the hook after he started 0-7 with 1Int. Enter RS-SO QB Grant Harvey, he only completed 54% of his passes, but tossed 5 Touchdown passes and didnt throw a pick. RS-JR HB Calvin Watkins got 127 yards on 22 carries and one rushing touchdown: a 56 yard scoring scamper. The D was heroic, shutting out the Irish Offense and limiting them to 232 total yards. The Linebacker tandem of SO Michael Muse and SR Tavarious Jones combined for 26 Tackles 6TFL and 1 Sack.Coach 9's has made it no secret that the Beavs are moving forward with Grant Harvey at QB. "Gates has been our starter for close to 4 years now, he has won big games for us over the years, Right now I feel we have the best chance to win with Grant, which doesnt mean that Ryan will never see the field again....You never know when he might make an appearance."
Offensive Standouts
POTG QB G Harvey 12-22 251yds 5TDs 2att 7yds
HB C Watkins 22att 127yds 1TD 2rec 76yds 1TD
WR R Henry 4rec 75yds 2TDs
TE M Outlaw 3rec 61yds 2TDs
Defensive Standouts
LB T Jones 14Tkls 1TFL
LB M Muse 12Tkls 5TFL 1Sack 1FF
FS P Jones 11Tkls 1TFL 2FR
SS S Johnson 9Tkls 2TFL 1Int
DE C Murphy 7Tkls
DE J Miranda 7Tkls 1FR
CB C Lamb 6Tkls 1Int
Next up for the #9 Beavs 1-0, their PAC-10 opener against the Arizona State Sun Devils.
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week One Discussion   2016 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 11:12 pm

Terps start season with bang

College Park, MD - The Maryland Terrapins started off the season with a convincing 42 to 10 victory over the Oklahoma Sooners, unless you ask Terps Head Coach Jeff Hickerson, "We really didnt play all that well if you wanna get down to the honest truth, there wee first game screw ups we had to work out and what not, we definitely did not play half as good as we are capable of." If that is the truth, the rest of the country better watch out because the Terps looked very balanced and lethal with their offensive attack and on defense they were the usual Hickerson coached Terps.

Mitchell "Tim Tebow 2.0" Hopkins led the Terp offense scoring the first and last touchdown of the day, and accounting for 2 others in between that. Hopkins finished the day 17 for 32 for 251 yards and 2 touchdowns while carrying the ball 19 times for 79 yards and 2 touchdowns. "Mitchell threw the deep ball well, he threw the ball fairly accurately all day, our receivers had 5 or 6 drops which can throw off a quarterbacks numbers rather easily," said Hickerson. True freshman Ryan Bowman carried the load on the ground for the Terps, running the ball 25 times for 135 yards and two touchdowns. "I didnt play my best today, I never got loose, when I get loose is when I'm at my best, hopefully I can play better next week," said Bowman. The receiving corps showed glimpses of greatness, but at the same time showed that they very much miss Cory Schroeder who caught anything thrown his way. Five Terps receivers caught at least 2 passes with Paul Williams and Justin McCarthy leading the way. Williams had 4 catches for 70 yards and two touchdowns. The Terps offense was 16 for 20 on third down conversions.

Defensively the Terps were led by senior defensive end Kellen Bryant who had 8 tackles, 3 for a loss, and 1 sack. Maryland held Oklahoma to just 178 yards of total offense and 4 for 12 on third down conversions. However, this years Terps defense started out without something that Hickerson coached defenses usually have, they did not force a single turnover in the opening game against Oklahoma.

Next week the number 4 Maryland Terrapins travel to Death Valley to take on the Clemson Tigers as both teams open ACC play early in just week 2.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week One Discussion   2016 Week One Discussion EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 11:22 pm

This week opened the year for the Oregon Ducks who matched up against the Texas Tech Red Raiders.. This is a team that coach santana knows well after so many years in the big xii... The zoo was rockin.. the players were fired up and as soon as the ball soared in the sky towards the texas tech red raiders it would be total dominance..."I kno this is supposed to be an offensive team.. and there was plenty of hype for dj and atari with the heisman and all that talk but i have been saying for the last few years.. we have a really great defense and in years past they would play a little un disciplined and give up a few games but this offseason they worked harder.. i took over as the offensive and defensive play caller.. and we had some guys emrge as super stars and it showed out there today.." Coach Santana on his defense that put a hurting on the red raiders only giving up 107 total offensive yards.. and only 7 first down 3 of them coming on the last drive of the fourth quarter.. 3 total rushing yards for the red raiders.. it was total dominance.. ss all american a thrope runner up last year Dustin Brown Led the charge with 2 ints..le and bernadick runner up david williams who is also in the hiesman talks early had 6 tackles 4 tfl 3 sacks and his 2nd int of his career " Well i used to play a lil te in hs so i have always had decent hands .. i just dont think i was ever fast enough lol" said david on his int. but where there is great defense there is even bettter offense as the ducks couldnt be stopped.. Atari sat in the 3rd as at half he had over 300 yards...Dj sat at the half as well with over 150 and tds most on this big play .. and so did mike howard who had 188 yards on the ground thru 2 and a half.. the final score was 63-0 Oregon in perhaps one of thier most dominant wins ever since coach santanas arrival...but if u ask him they still need alot of work " The offense needs to get better for a change.. Atari took too many hits out there and we were fortunate to see some of them hit the ground and not be an int.. and we didnt convert well on third down.. i dont kno the exact stat but i kno it wasnt good..im sure we will get better but we have a good starting point"
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week One Discussion   2016 Week One Discussion EmptyTue 06 Apr 2010, 1:29 am

FSU defence comes out strong, and blanks the Vols 20-0...C Parrish was eratic hitting only 9-23 pass, but one of them was a 80 TD pass to True Frosh A Dawson..."Nice W on the road in a hostile SEC environment", said Coach Harbaugh..."We have work to do before the ACC starts"...

#12 FSU 20
#22 TENN 0

*Just Buc left to play before adv...
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week One Discussion   2016 Week One Discussion EmptyTue 06 Apr 2010, 1:38 am

Cmon bucc what's tha eta lol
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week One Discussion   2016 Week One Discussion EmptyTue 06 Apr 2010, 1:58 am

Going to play in roughly an hour still at work
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week One Discussion   2016 Week One Discussion EmptyTue 06 Apr 2010, 3:20 am

Bucks roll LSU 41-10 in the Horseshoe

Clint Brock has finally reached the status of go-to back for Coach Phillips, and did not disappoint. Running for 138 yards and 2TD's

QB Harper a 3rd year starter had one of his best games 13-19 300+ yards and 3 TD's

Buckeyes look to have some playmakers on the offense, and a stingy D.

I am about to go watch some baseball, so sorry for the short write-up. We can advance now.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week One Discussion   2016 Week One Discussion EmptyTue 06 Apr 2010, 3:35 am

going to advance it now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Week One Discussion   2016 Week One Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

2016 Week One Discussion
Page 1 of 1