Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2011 Week 7 Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
axspecialk

axspecialk

2011 Week 7 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 8:40 pm

No user games this week.. lots of cpu games and washington on another bye.. in recruiting news this game is full of shit!!! hey bucc did u see that wr we were after up n went to byu?? wth is that?! lol.. USC is number one.. sux.. south carolina remains undefeated but still has 2 big user games left.. clemson seems to be 4 real ppl.. last year we didnt kno how good he was because he joined late but after beating goat 3 times already fox seems legit.. hmm im bored maybe ill do a half way story.. ok im off to do that.. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:25 pm

ea servers are down macc wont be playing till 11ish... just a fyi
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 11:02 pm

Yea Ax, I took that WR off my board last week, cuz BYU had a monster recruiting week, i think it was week 5 visits. I have a few other guys on my board that they jumped ahead of me on too. Freaking dumb lol. Hope they realize they have to go on mission trips for their first two years lol.

I have several visits this week, and alot of them I am second on their board. If I don't make some jumps this week, my recruiting class is gonna suck to be honest lol
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:36 am

Should be able to get my game in this afternoon before work, if not will tonight after work
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:42 am

ya but i had a visit the next week and didnt jump them back.. bs! ok macc got his game in so titan i would shoot for before work cause i think games are going to be getting knocked out here from mid day till bout 8 ..9 pm...
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:55 am

axspecialk wrote:
No user games this week.. lots of cpu games and washington on another bye.. in recruiting news this game is full of shit!!! hey bucc did u see that wr we were after up n went to byu?? wth is that?! lol.. USC is number one.. sux.. south carolina remains undefeated but still has 2 big user games left.. clemson seems to be 4 real ppl.. last year we didnt kno how good he was because he joined late but after beating goat 3 times already fox seems legit.. hmm im bored maybe ill do a half way story.. ok im off to do that.. lol

What the heck did you expect, his name was Steve Young JR, and he is Mormon?, come on K your better then that, couldn't figure our why you and Brian were wasting your minutes.....
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 1:11 am

Anybody tell me if I got any comittments yet?
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 1:25 am

Sorry guys I work a double shift today so I will not be able to play my game until tonight around 11ish
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 1:32 am

titangator wrote:
Anybody tell me if I got any comittments yet?

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (3-3) ===============
Last week, Mid Tenn State won 13-7 against Georgia Tech (3-2).
This week, the Blue Raiders will host Rutgers (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RE Sean Young has committed to Florida State
- (***) HB Robbie Taylor has committed to Vanderbilt
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 2:44 am

Coach Gruden wrote:
axspecialk wrote:

What the heck did you expect, his name was Steve Young JR, and he is Mormon?, come on K your better then that, couldn't figure our why you and Brian were wasting your minutes.....

lol in blue too lol ur right but i was number 1 on his board the whole time.. should have looked more into his back ground lmao! well since the advance is late i shall play later...8 or 9ish no particular reason for it..just picked a random time
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 3:10 am

Hey Macc remeber this..the first ever user game we played the tripple over time thriller..

#4 CALIFORNIA GOLDEN BEARS at #24 OKLAHOMA STATE
FINAL SCORE - 62-64 OKLAHOMA STATE

This week, in our Game Of The Week Rookie Head Coach Macc took on one of the leagues most potent offences in Cal's Special K.

The game took place in the pouring rain and had all the makings of a turn-over, lack of offence-fest but proved to be far from just that. The underrated OSU offence first took the field looking pretty smooth - their QB Weeden had some time in the pocket and hit JR. WR Adrian Richards with a couple quick hits that netted him nearly 40 yards of offence. The drive was capped off when the Cal linebackers went to rush the pass and Kyle Staley took off down the right side of the field for a 25 yard score untouched. 7-0 OSU.

Cal wasted no time getting on the clock, a minute later allready had drove down the field with a unique passing attack lead by Brock Mansion. He went perfect on the drive and came up with a third and a MILE attempt that just barely crossed the line for the first down. Not much of a running attack however it wasn't neccesary because Mansion put the Bears on the board with an 11 yard dart to Jones as he went into OSU's endzone untouched. 7-7 TIE.

Oklahoma tried mixing up the run a bit more this drive and the Bears generally stopped them without much damage, maybe a few 1st downs were made but QB Weeden once again had enough time to be able to sit in the pocket comfortably to distribute the ball to his running backs and slots to work down the field and eventually threw to the slot receiver Cooper for a 14 yard score. 14-7 OSU.

Cal's offence took the field down a score and were obviously pumped up because once again their scoring drive only took a minute off the clock and put the ball back in the hands of the Cowboys with 4:20 left in the quarter (thought I'd make that a point) Vereen in one of his longest runs of the day walked right into a Cowboys endzone with a perfectly set up 9 yard toss play to the left. 14-14 TIE.

Oklahoma State once again took the field and Weeden and company thought a different approach would work... and it did. After two plays OSU put their third score on the day up and the arena went insane as Anyiam their speedy wide-out took the ball after a perfectly set up WR bubble screen. Anyiam took it down the sideline for the 48 yard score and the Cowboys once again took the lead. 21-14 OSU.

Cal went back on the field and attempted running the ball more than they had been. Switching up their style of offence lured the Cowboys to bring in an extra DB to stop the and the drive ended with a TD pass from Mansion to Ladner from 28 yards. 21-21 TIE.

When OSU took the field, their offence very confident and comfortable until a fatal blow to a key center peice in their offence left everyone looking at FR. QB Manuel Gandy to lead the 'boys down the field after starting QB Weeden was injured. Not noted for his passing ability more so a threat on the ground Gandy would look to make plays with his feet first and eventually throw only to open targets. His first pass went for 4 yards and on his second play he was forced out of bounds after great secondary coverage by the Bears. Gandy's lack of experience showed then he went to make his second throw while being sacked and the ball went straight up in the air and landed right in the hands of Campbell who returned it 36 yards to give the Golden Bears their first lead of the game and that lead would remain until the end of the 1st half. 28-21 CAL.

The arena was silent until Weeden came back from his injury all fired up from the half and the 'boys looked good rolling right down the field to tie the game once again with less than a minute off of the clock. At this point backup RB Travis Miller took over for Kyle Staley who left the game with a leg injury and is unlikely to practice this week. Miller opened the second half scoring with a 1 yard goal line run. That would be the only score in the third quarter. 28-28 TIE.

Cal's passing attack once again made the Cowboys defence look silly as Brock Mansion easily picked them apart to drive down the field and cap off the drive with a 10 yard pass to Calvin. 35-28 CAL.

The backup HB Miller continued his monster game in replace of Staley and recorded a 34 yard 4th quarter run breaking tackles left and right on his way down the field for his second score. It wasn't hard to see that the Oklahoma State sideline was extremely inspired as Soph. DT Charles Carter was doing his best to get the fans involved not long after Miller scored. 35-35 TIE.

Cal would shut the arena up, but in the 'boys redzone after Mansion once again picked apart the opposing secondary RB Shane Vereen would fumble the ball for the second time in the game and it would be caused and picked up by Charles Carter as the big man took off running down the sideline for the 87 yard fumble return. 42-35 OSU.

Just when the Cowboys thought they had Mansion figured out, he began moving around the pocket and finding different receivers converting several crucial 3rd and 4th downs. One of them a 3rd and 20+ conversion line drive strike to his receiver who just barely fell over the first down line to make the play. Mansion finished the drive with a pass to Sparks for 13 yards. 42-42 TIE.

This would tie the game up and give the ball back to the fired up Cowboys with 25 seconds on the clock. And they wouldn't let up. Instead of forcing an overtime Coach Macc was very emotional when telling Weeden to get them into scoring position. Weeden went out and after an Adrian Richards kick return past and into the Bears 50, Weeden only needed a few passes to get them within less than 40 yards for the game winning kick. Coach K iced the Cowboys kicker and this game would eventually go into OT.

It wouldn't be just one, oh no. In fact it would go down to the 3RD OT and a 2 point conversion attempt. OSU started with the ball, moving it on the ground and through the air - eventually in the air for a 14 yard score to the back Miller for his 3rd all purpose but 1st receiving. Mansion continued his passing attack to Calvin for his second of the day from 20 yards. Shane Vereen capped the next drive off with a 1 yard rush. When OK St. took the ball next, they put it in the hands of their man Adrian Richards for a 10 yard rush on a jet sweep. OK St. would score on the ensuing drive and convert their 2 point conversion putting the pressure on the Cal Bears in the 3rd OT.

Just when the Cowboys thought they could not stop the Cal Bears after Mansions first play 3rd OT strike to Jones, Mansion would go to throw the ball for the 2 pt. conversion and despite obvious confusion in the OK St. secondary, Mansion would take a split second too long and was sacked by guess who - Charles Carter. Game, set, match.

Cal had 480 yards of total offence, only 22 yards on the ground with 2 scores on 25 tries. Mansion had a monster game despite the loss going 30/43 for 458 yards and 6 TD passes. They converted 9-11 3rd downs and went 2-2 on 4th down. Two costly turnovers in the redzone prevented them for taking the game and running (or passing) away with it.

Oklahoma St. had a diverse running and passing attack with 463 yards of total offence - 175 yards on the ground on 24 tries and 4 scores and Brandon Weeden went 26/30 for 288 yards and 4 scores. Cowboys went 5-7 on 3rd down and 1-1 on 4th on a fake kick that just barely worked. OK St. had a 100% conversion rate in the redzone going 5-5. Gandy and Weeden both had a pick, Gandy's leading to a costly TD that gave Cal the lead.

The game ball? Charles Carter and Travis Miller would have to share it. Unlikely leadership from these two were what kept OK St. in this one. Despite the close score all throughout the game Cal purely DOMINATED throughout most the game proving they were not to be stopped. Timely fumble recoveries, one going back for a touchdown sparked the team as a whole. Coach Macc looks to work the DBs hard this week and will give the Linebackers some well needed rest for holding one of the countries BEST RBs to less than 25 yards on the ground. Crazy game.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 3:38 am

HAHAHA! Now THAT was a recap. OMG I remember I was so fired up after that. You must've took that loss to heart coz thats the LAST and ONLY time I've EVER beat you, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 4:18 am

another defensive stand in the last minute, blue raiders roll 27-24
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 5:03 am

Dion Lewis is out still another two weeks. It was tough pulling one out without him today but Ray Graham stepped up and proved backup running backs are worth their weight in gold, easily running for 100+ and proving he is capable of being a #1 Big East Back. WR Jon Baldwin caught for his 1000 yards this season, he's got 10+ touchdowns and will make a run for the Best WR award at the end of the season. If college football had an MVP, he might be a heavy candidate the way he carries the team when either Dion Lewis is hurt or QB Tino Sunseri is shaky. My passing O will take a huge hit when Baldy moves onto the pros. FS Adrian Rice has stepped up huge and leads the team in tackles and is proving he's a nightmare for any ballcarrier that reaches the second level. He dishes PUNISHMENT.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 10:53 am

about to play my game here in a min. Dunno if I am the last one or not
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 10:57 am

BucNutts wrote:
about to play my game here in a min. Dunno if I am the last one or not

you, K, and the SEC boys...
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 10:59 am

Just so everyone is aware of what's going on I played ou on the road n won on the last play of the game.... The shit freezes n doesn't upload the results.. I don't wanna play ne more som I'm trying to super sim n I kEep losing.. So I'm at 5 trys now.. I suppose I should just play again since bucc is home now.. I really don't want to..
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:14 pm

Alright I just finished up with a W against Cal 34-24...next week I host Coach Gruden and the Dawgs
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:20 pm

BucNutts wrote:
Alright I just finished up with a W against Cal 34-24...next week I host Coach Gruden and the Dawgs

not really looking forward to it lol...would love to have mydass get his game in for adv if your able to play tonight brian?
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:22 pm

he is playing now.. so we can advance soon
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:27 pm

let me know bucc if your up for it?
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:28 pm

I got work in the morn Chris sorry, what does your schedule look like tomorrow, I will be home around 2 and be hanging out the rest of the day. Ohio State plays at 6..so we can try to play before or after..
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:30 pm

BucNutts wrote:
I got work in the morn Chris sorry, what does your schedule look like tomorrow, I will be home around 2 and be hanging out the rest of the day. Ohio State plays at 6..so we can try to play before or after..
I understand....my Thurs kind of busy...have work, then have to go to Expo center we have a booth for a construction project at the local resort here, so proable won't be home till around 8 PST?
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:33 pm

thats fine, just text me. If we play tomorrow night that will good too.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:34 pm

I will be playing my game tomorrow around lunch assuming we advance.... MY BLUE RAIDERS OPEN THE SEASON TOMORROW NIGHT ON ESPNU!!!!!!!!

No Dasher though Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 7 Discussion   2011 Week 7 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 Week 7 Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next