Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Slider Research...will be posted in here..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BucNutts

BucNutts

Slider Research...will be posted in here.. Empty
PostSubject: Slider Research...will be posted in here..   Slider Research...will be posted in here.. EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 10:54 am

So I am gonna propose something here... and it's not trying to point towards any team/anyone specific.

Here is what I am seeing...I am seeing against the CPU that the passing is way to easy for most players on here. Part of it is the defensive AI is a bit weird, and especially since all these new patches are coming out, I am not sure our sliders are up to sniff now. I know that all the slider guru's are going back and updating them to fit the post-patch AI changes...

I feel that the running game is about where it needs to be. But I feel, and see that the passing stats are way too inflated for a "sim OD" I am not saying it is un heard of to throw for 300-400 yards and 4/5TD's in some games, but some of the teams that this is being done against seem to relate that the CPU AI or Human QB passing is too easy. To make the season more interesting, and not unfair at the same time. I PROPOSE THIS...

I am in another OD with Varsity custom sliders....and these are tough...and it is very realistic... we actually play with USER QB ACCURACY at 5...now with this setting you can see a big difference in setting your feet to throw vs...throwing on the run or off your back foot. If you have a real accuarate QB then you can really tell.

Now we have ours set at 25...which is good, but I would vote for either this...we lower the Accuracy to 15....OR we bump up CPU AWR, and PASS Def up a little.

Lets hear your thoughts lol..this should be interesting.

I am gonna do some research, and find an average of what AA sliders have QB Accuracy as..

Also will be comparing the Varsity Sliders I use in another OD, to ours..and see what it looks like
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Slider Research...will be posted in here..   Slider Research...will be posted in here.. EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 11:07 am

This is OURS vs Varsity (Playmakers Operation Sports version)

Game Skill: All-American
Game Speed: Normal
Player Speed Threshold: 40
Quarter Length: 7 min

Offsides: 100
False start: 100
Facemask: 55
Holding: 55
Clipping: 55
Roughing passer: 100
Roughing kicker: 100
Kick interference: 65
Off pass interference: 100
Def pass interference: 100

Slider User CPU.....VARSITY SLIDERS
QB Accuracy 25 40....5/20
Pass Blocking 30 30....45/55
WR Catching 55 55.....55/45
RB Ability 45 55..........35/45
Run Blocking 50 45......45/55
Pass Converage 40 40...45/55
Pass Rush 50 50...........70/95
Interceptions 45 40......70/55
Rush Defense 30 35.......15/95
Tackling 35 40..............30/55
FG Power 10 10............0/0
FG Accuracy 20 55........25/50
Punt Power 50 55..........5/55
Punt Accuracy 40 50......55/75
Kickoff Power 0 0..........55/55

So some interesting things pop up to me..

1).PASS RUSH on both sides are bumped up. And form experience you can tell..you or the CPU won't sit in the pocket very long without pressure..

2) Rush Defense- I was still able to run for over 100 yards with my QB Jerrod Johnson, but it took a couple of big runs each game to reach that mark..But I felt it was still fair...

3) QB Accuracy- both sides are bumped down a bit. And what I am being told about these sliders is this...The accuracy depends on these things...A) setting your feet, B) The pressure of the button your pressing, rocketing/lobbing the pass. You have to have touch in doing so...C) leading the WR with your pass by using the left analog stick...you also have to have touch in this also. (My experience is this, I was frustrated at first because I did not take these things into account throughout the game. But after one game, I started to figure it out...Now I don't think we need to be drastic with our change, but bumping from 25 to 15..should see a fair difference in how we operate in the passing game.

Lastly, the Speed Threshold on this was set to 25....I think ours is pretty good.

Now for part 2...I am gonna look at some All American sliders and check specifically on the QB Accuracy and CPU Defensive AWR..
O
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Slider Research...will be posted in here..   Slider Research...will be posted in here.. EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 11:21 am

Alright...I have researched the QB Accuracy on strictly All - American slider sets on websites such as Operation Sports and Ncaa Strategies.

The average of this setting for the Human is 5-25...I would say that if we decide to do something here. That 15 would be the perfect starting point.

I also would encourage some of the passing guru's such as Cokan and Ax, to play a game against the CPU in an exhibition using the Varsity sliders I posted. I would like to see what you guys think. And how it played overall...We could switch to them all together if you felt like this would be a fair set.

If you do test these, since I have already played with these and it had a real challenging feel to it, tell us the teams you used and played against. and some stats..Play on 7 min quarters just like we do also.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Slider Research...will be posted in here..   Slider Research...will be posted in here.. EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 10:29 pm

hey bucc my only concern with using a varsity slider is the user games are out of hand with how easy they are.. i think we gotta stay on all american..and go with some sliders there.. what u think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Slider Research...will be posted in here..   Slider Research...will be posted in here.. EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 11:33 pm

Well, cokan tried those varsity sliders, and threw for 3 Td's and 25o in the first half as Okie State vs Kansas in a exhibition. I guess we will have to live with the fact that spread offenses, and users who are really good with them are gonna put up some numbers. So all my research was in good nature, but I think we should just leave it alone lol.

If we decide to do something, it would tone pass accuracy down to 15, but even then, Cokan said he noticed a little difference, but not much. So eh... lol
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Slider Research...will be posted in here..   Slider Research...will be posted in here.. EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 11:53 pm

ya thats kinda what i said in the week discussion.. i think ne decsion made shouldnt be absent of what me and cookan do.. especially when nwe are running a spread offense.. we gonna eat up the holes.. lol spread is a very simple stupid offense.. thats why so many teams are changing to them not alot of reading of the defense like in a traditional o..
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
llcoolgrey

llcoolgrey

PostSubject: Re: Slider Research...will be posted in here..   Slider Research...will be posted in here.. EmptyThu 23 Sep 2010, 11:17 pm

I think also you have to take into account a terrible team vs a passing powerhouse. My first game with Oregon i played a bad Washington St def and i had holes all over the field. Combine that with 3 ints thrown by the computer and you have inflated passing stats. I havent had a chance to go against a good def so im not sure if its the team or the sliders
Back to top Go down
http://www.Greymusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slider Research...will be posted in here..   Slider Research...will be posted in here.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Slider Research...will be posted in here..
Page 1 of 1