Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2011 Week 11 Discussion

Go down 
+6
titangator
clevmire1
luvtotha9s
Goatstain
Coach Gruden
LongGONE24
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BucNutts

BucNutts

2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:40 am

I'll get my game in either at halftime of the Vikes/Saints game, or afterwards.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:41 am

BucNutts wrote:
Well the 30 rushes last game, had to do with Timmons being out for 3 weeks lol.

I will see what I can do, but regardless my ypc is still going to be around 8-9 that is something that can't be helped unless the sliders are adjusted for the CPU.

And against Texas Tech the game was really never in hand....

now were just changing the focus. You know you've got more than two RBs.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:42 am

That's fine buddy I'm sure u won't be the last.
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:42 am

Goatstain wrote:
clevmire1 wrote:
Macc24Est89 wrote:
It's simple buc - use more than one back! Why is he veting 30 touches a game if he's consistently over 200?

yep. and i dont know if u r but if u are setting the gameplan blocking to aggresive u should obviously stop that. kooken has also been guilty of the same HUGE stats with an rb. even if u r killin em u dont have to wait until the 4th quarter pull em earlier.

also k is just getting to the point of rediculous with kale and mcdougald and he has been flurting with that the past 3 years. the last 2 games kale has thrown 13 tds.

This may not be welcome, but I totally agree. Mcdougald has 100 receptions. 2nd most on Kansas has 25. Seriously, its ridiculous. I really don't mean any offense to anyone, but its obvious the ball is being forced to him for the purpose of accumulating stats. Also, the fact that his QB has thrown for close to 800 yards more than the #2 QB in the country, kinda sticks out like a 6th toe. Again, I'm not trying to be a dick, but that is nothing resembling sim.
and he is continually throwing for TDs in the 4th quarter...he was up 63-7 in the 4th..and threw two more TDs

Last edited by luvtotha9s on Mon 25 Jan 2010, 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:45 am

In fairness to Ax, I know he's a pass first guy. We've discussed that he's more comfortable with these sliders passing. It's the forcing to one receiver that sorta bugs me. 4th down passing TDs are inevitable.
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:48 am

in real life...and thats what sim is...correct?....a team that is up big in the final quarter...calls of the dogs...and resorts to running the ball....not tossing two more TDs...even if one was the back-up....throwing in the 4th..when you are up big is bush league.....even if you are a pass first offense
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:53 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
in real life...and thats what sim is...correct?....a team that is up big in the final quarter...calls of the dogs...and resorts to running the ball....not tossing two more TDs...even if one was the back-up....throwing in the 4th..when you are up big is bush league.....even if you are a pass first offense

Agreed. Its not about blowing out bulbs on the scoreboard. Its about controlling the ball and killing the clock.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 8:04 am

Goatstain wrote:
luvtotha9s wrote:

Agreed. Its not about blowing out bulbs on the scoreboard. Its about controlling the ball and killing the clock.

hear hear.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 8:50 am

i have been out all day and in the aiport i missed a few flights n i just got around to checkin and seeing whats going on.. last year luv the heisman winner went for 300 n change in the end to secure it.. i will admit i get annoyed with the cpu and beat them terribly and i agree i run up the score bob stoops style and i will adjust its not about the stats at all mcdougald is a beast and he is dominant and ya i try to get him the ball alot cause he makes playes again its really hard for me to run the ball in that florida offense there arent alot of run plays and i hate being stoped.. but for the sake of the league i will adjust np. i kno i was throwing td passes n shit in the fourth but after my loss and 6 INTS to bucc i was madd and abused everyone after. but i have been checked and i will adjust np.. i do want to add in the begining of the season i was pulling kale in the third and by then he still had 400 yards and 5 td. but again its my offense i take screen passes for alot of yards and thats almost like a run play for me. look at my rb rec yards. idk ill try to be better about it but when the game pics off that tip pass on me i get angry and go to abusing.. but ill try to keep in check.. sorry..
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 8:56 am

I appreciate all of that Ax. I HATE this game when the CPU pass rush doesn't allow you to play. But 5TD games should be a season best not average you know? I really appreciate the response, very mature.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 9:09 am

Ya macc I haven't been watching my player stats but when everyone points it out it is a bit much but i'm telling u i'm not gonna be able to make 5 a season best and not an average like the way my offense is set up I have more short yardage throwing plays than running and i'm not gonna pull my qb in the start of the second to make ppl happy that's no fun for me I don't wanna play with my back qb for 3 quartes that's bs an 2 no one is gonna wanna be like o it was ok to restart cause u got beat by pullin ur starting impact q in the second quarter feel me?
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 9:11 am

axspecialk wrote:
i have been out all day and in the aiport i missed a few flights n i just got around to checkin and seeing whats going on.. last year luv the heisman winner went for 300 n change in the end to secure it.. i will admit i get annoyed with the cpu and beat them terribly and i agree i run up the score bob stoops style and i will adjust its not about the stats at all mcdougald is a beast and he is dominant and ya i try to get him the ball alot cause he makes playes again its really hard for me to run the ball in that florida offense there arent alot of run plays and i hate being stoped.. but for the sake of the league i will adjust np. i kno i was throwing td passes n shit in the fourth but after my loss and 6 INTS to bucc i was madd and abused everyone after. but i have been checked and i will adjust np.. i do want to add in the begining of the season i was pulling kale in the third and by then he still had 400 yards and 5 td. but again its my offense i take screen passes for alot of yards and thats almost like a run play for me. look at my rb rec yards. idk ill try to be better about it but when the game pics off that tip pass on me i get angry and go to abusing.. but ill try to keep in check.. sorry..

Ax, I really do respect your response. Please understand that I meant no offense whatsoever. I would just prefer if stats and boxscores were a little closer to sim. And I totally understand your frustration in regards to the tip passes turning into interceptions. As well as some passes not going within 10 yards of your wr, yet directly to the cpu's free safety. I am a very mild mannered dude, but I must confess something. Due to some of the things discussed above, I have shattered about 2 controllers by firing them into the wall. x & o buttons, triggers flying everywhere. Therefore, I do understand your frustation.
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 9:15 am

axspecialk wrote:
Ya macc I haven't been watching my player stats but when everyone points it out it is a bit much but i'm telling u i'm not gonna be able to make 5 a season best and not an average like the way my offense is set up I have more short yardage throwing plays than running and i'm not gonna pull my qb in the start of the second to make ppl happy that's no fun for me I don't wanna play with my back qb for 3 quartes that's bs an 2 no one is gonna wanna be like o it was ok to restart cause u got beat by pullin ur starting impact q in the second quarter feel me?
dude....no one is telling you to pull you qb at half....but if you are killing a team and its midway through the 3rd...to keep tossing TD passes is not a cool thing to do....even passing at all ,after being up big after 3 is frowned upon....for your own good you should learn to run more....then you wont be throwing 6 picks to buck...he knows he can just sit back in coverage..cuz there is no threat of a running game...have you tried Texas Techs playbook?....its agreat pass oriented playbook...they have loads of 4 wide sets...but there are also plays where your QB is under center, with a blocking back.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 9:27 am

Ya dude I wasn't saying that at all. Any QB throwing 6 TDs on Saturday in real life would result in every college football fan knowing his name. Kale averages 5-6, nummsayin? I don't want you to think I'm signling you ou because you couldn't have handled this any better.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 9:46 am

honestly 9's ur post bothers me. i said imma tone it down argument done. i was just saying to macc that u kno if it still seems a lil high just kno its like the texas tech qb they avg 3-5 a game just so he would kno what to see and kno im toneing it down. all this talk about how i need to learn to run to win n blah is bs. this league is balanced i have played goat and beat him and i think i beat scott when he had ucla intially if that was him it might not have been either way like its ne given day.in this od i am what 3-4 and 3 of those losses are to bucc so it works homie.. im not after the heisman. this is my style of play i played college qb i like throwing. i dont want to run the ball 28 times a game at all thats no fun and if thats what is "sim" then ill quit because thats not my style and at the end of the day this is a game and we all play to have fun n my fun and fustration at times lol is in throwing. period. again goat and everyone else i took no offense i actually was like wow didnt kno i was doing that n said ok ill pay more attention. what more do u want from me?
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 9:57 am

axspecialk wrote:
honestly 9's ur post bothers me. i said imma tone it down argument done. i was just saying to macc that u kno if it still seems a lil high just kno its like the texas tech qb they avg 3-5 a game just so he would kno what to see and kno im toneing it down. all this talk about how i need to learn to run to win n blah is bs. this league is balanced i have played goat and beat him and i think i beat scott when he had ucla intially if that was him it might not have been either way like its ne given day.in this od i am what 3-4 and 3 of those losses are to bucc so it works homie.. im not after the heisman. this is my style of play i played college qb i like throwing. i dont want to run the ball 28 times a game at all thats no fun and if thats what is "sim" then ill quit because thats not my style and at the end of the day this is a game and we all play to have fun n my fun and fustration at times lol is in throwing. period. again goat and everyone else i took no offense i actually was like wow didnt kno i was doing that n said ok ill pay more attention. what more do u want from me?

K is the Mike Leach of the OD LOL...It's tough call, I have know problem with you want to throw the ball around, and apprciate the way your handling the feedback...I don't think we have played yet K, I was at Stanford for the first two years?
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 10:00 am

yeah dude i just wanna say that i to am really please with how ur handling this and want u 2 know we r not ganging up on u and it is not just u who is being brought up.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 10:16 am

axspecialk wrote:
dude..i just said run when you have the game in hand bro.....not to change your philosophy....you said you had difficulty running using the playbook you were using....thats all....if my post bothers you then I guess i must have hit kinda close to the mark....it was only a help offering....not saying i'm better or worse than anyone....you said yourself you cant run with that playbook....thats all i was trying to convey....throw it all you want...but if you have a huge lead and its the 2nd half...call off the dogs.....thats all
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 10:33 am

Ok 9 maybe I misread ur tone it's hard to tell thru txt if u were just offering help then cool I appreciate it ya I do have trouble Running in that o so I'll give it a try. It's all good man it's my bad idk ur tone seemed like u were talkin shit lol but since not cool
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 10:37 am

no man...not at all...if I talk shit...it will be very clear...I'm not a secretive shit talker...you had just expressed trouble running....and i just wanted to help a fellow brother out...I started a road to glory and ended up going to Texas Tech....thats how I knew about their playbook....as a thrower....I feel you would love it
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 11:01 am

where did you play QB at ax?
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 11:16 am

well my router just froze up and kicked me from my freaking game.

It's been doing this lately, gotta try and get a fix.

Im not the last one, so I am gonna play tomorrow afternoon. Sorry guys. It will be around 3central time.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 10:46 pm

played at fiu..ya bucc my router i think is giving me problems too imma buy one today
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 10:52 pm

what year?...i have been making rosters since 2001....I wonder if I edited you in the past?...thats cool
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 12:09 am

hows the week looking, who all is still left to play besides me.

I can advance it after I play my game this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 11 Discussion   2011 Week 11 Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 Week 11 Discussion
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next