Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2015 Week Three Discussion

Go down 
+4
LongGONE24
luvtotha9s
Coach Gruden
axspecialk
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
axspecialk

axspecialk

2015 Week Three Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyTue 23 Mar 2010, 6:27 pm

Gotw

Oregon State vs Georgia

TCU vs North Carolina...(this is a user game goat vs bucc)

Good Luck everyone
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyTue 23 Mar 2010, 9:17 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyTue 23 Mar 2010, 9:31 pm

I have no clue about your controller probs brother....maybe push down on the sticks till you hear a click.....i would just get a new one
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyTue 23 Mar 2010, 10:56 pm

It's I belivd if r2 button that's messed up because I think that's how u pull up n throw the ball on a fg. Either way def a remote issue homie
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyTue 23 Mar 2010, 11:13 pm

Yo Jesse I'm on now if you wanna get it in, lemme check my recruting first tho.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyTue 23 Mar 2010, 11:29 pm

axspecialk wrote:
It's I belivd if r2 button that's messed up because I think that's how u pull up n throw the ball on a fg. Either way def a remote issue homie

that makes sense...guess i need to run to the store...wore out a remote blowing through 6+ season of this OD Smile
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyTue 23 Mar 2010, 11:37 pm

Jesse cmon man I gotta get this in you said before three well I've got stuff to do before then! I can't play late this evening so let's go and not hold this up bro!
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 1:52 am

Well to let the OD know - I waited for over an hour to get this game in with Jesse, not a big deal.

We get it in, he's running all over me. I cannot tackle his running back for the life of me. He's around the 50, he elects to pass twice and I deflect it twice forcing fourth and 9 on just barely my side of the 50. Jesse fake punts, gets the first down. I assume oh well, must've made a mistake didn't want to lose terrible field position so I say punt it. He elects another offensive play. We start talking on PSN and then it moves onto the chatbox. Jesse doesn't seem to think fake punt is cheap in the first quarter on the opening drive 4th and 9.

I would've asked him to punt, but if he REALLY wouldn't and he ran an OFFENSIVE set so that I don't see "PUNT" on the screen at least I would've been able to call a set that would defend a pass not try to return a punt, I would've been a bit more leanient but even still I thought we always said in this OD we'd reward the fact that forcing a punt after three downs??? I've never run one single fake punt and EVERY time I go for it on fourth, I always send a PSN message the first time OR I'll make sure it's out of an offensive set so my opponent knows what they have to defend...

I know anyone whos played me will vouge for that!

EDIT THIS WAS WRITTEN BEFORE HE AND I TALKED JUST AS A REFERENCE

1ST GAME - Ended OSU ball on UGA 20 after 4th down fake punt

2ND GAME - UGA up 14-3 in the 2nd quarter, lost connection.

3RD GAME - ORST up 35-21 in the 3rd quarter, lost connection.

Jesse says he can finish the game so the result should be up soon. Jesse, I have to admit although you make some valid points that IRL coaches should go for it more often but this is different than real life. The reason we stress punting on fourth is because of the glitchy, easy plays that EA sports simply won't let you defend. For instance, you went for it a few times in our last game and throughout the three games we tried playing. Everytime, you went to your slant crossing route and threw it just as your receiver would cross or be nothing but tackled across the line. I set my defence to a heavy middle coverage zone, set gameplay to swat the ball etc but still you manage to make the play. If you were to mix it up with runs on 4th and med. I'd be more inclined to let you but I don't care how much of your "style" it is, that isn't acceptable. I allowed it for this game because you had allready quit the OD and said you didn't care, we needed this game to be played it was among the most important on the year. Next time somebody asks you to have a fair, realistic game where you're only going for it on 4th when you NEED to - you have to accept that. And if you show that you won't play that way, I'll ask your opponent that they quit and let me know and one of us will set your team to auto pilot. This isn't me brow beating you or picking on you but this is an issue I'd like to clear up sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 1:58 am

so wait macc ur taking a loss?
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 2:02 am

The #7 Oregon Ducks win today in Athens against a tough Bulldog team, 48-21. Macc lost connection with the score 38-21 with 1.59 left in the 3rd....he told me to play it out....and i never quit the OD...you told me to leave....so I did...and as for my so called money slant play....i saw you guarding the middle...thats why i threw it over top your guy with a touch pass......I mean come on man.....i have lost to the same plays over and over...and not once have i ever complained about anyones style....and there have been things that bother me...you sprinting 80 thousands steps backwards and throwing that screen you love.....hey..if it works....go for it...if i cant stop it.....boohoo for me....I barely threw the ball at all
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 2:21 am

I think I get the idea what happen, if not, please clarify for me...I think your both right to a certain extent on 4th down and going for it...I agree with Jesse that there is a time, and that we as a OD are pretty strict, but I would rather it was too strict...I do vouch for Macc, I can only think of 2 time he went for it on 4th down in our 7 or 8 games...and on the first time, he sent me a PSN saying he was going for it...and the other time I had a big lead and he went for it and didn't send me a message, but he was frustrated at that point...also to note, I ran a fake punt, but didn't mean to...here is my take on 4th down...

You can when it 4th down if your behind by more then 21 points and it's in the 2nd half....or when it's 4th and 1 or less and a punt doesn't make sense... i.e your options are a 50+ fieldgoal, or a punt that may only net you 30 yards...so basically the ball has to be around the 40 yard line....but do agree with Macc that we should reward a Defence for stopping a player on 3 downs...
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 2:29 am

dudes...can i ask you a couples questions....do the 120 college football coaches have a limit when they can call whatever play they wanna??? does Nick Saban message Mack Brown before he fake punts it in the first quarter of the national championships? ok mack...i'm gonna fake it now.....hell no.....its called a fake for a REASON!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 2:45 am

9's of course Saban not calling Brown....put the point is the game is not perfect, and i think the goal is to set up guidlines to keep it as real as possible....imho this is why the rules are in place....i can tell you that if i was to every play you again...and the ball was anywhere close to the 50 yard line, i would come out in a standard defence at any point in the game.
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 2:52 am

and you should...
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 3:09 am

we went over this coaching shit last year.. just let ppl play. for every risk there is a reward... and a potential loss.. its kinda bullshit at times.. like i thought 9's running that fourth down play against me and scoring being up was bull shit but it turned out to be the diffrence as i came storming back.. so in actuality it was a good call.. u gotta let ppl play.. i feel macs pain but u gotta let it play out.. and imo either we have rules or we dont! either u cant go for it outside a certain point or u can.. this dynastys is very liberal in what we do with everything but because we are ur gonna have some a lil escape from normalcy at times.. ie buccs recruiting, 9's and his fourth downs, restarts etc.. im ok with it really.. i think for the most part we all govern our game well.. so its either we start setting hardcore rules and abbiding by them or just let it go.. i vote to let it go.. but thats just my opinion.(not calling ne one out just using examples i have no beef with ne thing ne one does.. except 9's running the ball 50 times a game lmao jk brother)
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 3:28 am

I have a bye..so I am gonna do my recruiting soon.

I do have to work tonight until 10pm central. So Goat I can play after that if your down, the TCU vs UNC game is what I am talking about.

If not I will be avail tomorrow evening.
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 3:43 am

axspecialk wrote:
we went over this coaching shit last year.. just let ppl play. for every risk there is a reward... and a potential loss.. its kinda bullshit at times.. like i thought 9's running that fourth down play against me and scoring being up was bull shit but it turned out to be the diffrence as i came storming back.. so in actuality it was a good call.. u gotta let ppl play.. i feel macs pain but u gotta let it play out.. and imo either we have rules or we dont! either u cant go for it outside a certain point or u can.. this dynastys is very liberal in what we do with everything but because we are ur gonna have some a lil escape from normalcy at times.. ie buccs recruiting, 9's and his fourth downs, restarts etc.. im ok with it really.. i think for the most part we all govern our game well.. so its either we start setting hardcore rules and abbiding by them or just let it go.. i vote to let it go.. but thats just my opinion.(not calling ne one out just using examples i have no beef with ne thing ne one does.. except 9's running the ball 50 times a game lmao jk brother)

in regards to "rules" and questionable play. i believe that any violation from here on out, should result in the execution of said player/coach/perp, on pay per view. normally, i am a very easy going and laid back kinda cat. but this shit has just plain gone too far. while it may be unfortunate to take such drastic action, we do need to set an example. i can guarantee you after the first violator is killed, there will not be a second.
in closing, i would like to say one thing. go heels.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 3:54 am

Well whatever I catch a loss because Jesse gets three different looks at my offense and my gameplan, not bitching or trying to take away form your W but I hope this goes on my track record about how LIBERAL I am about this stuff - IIII catch a loss despite it saying on my screen (not saying you did, just what it said) that you quit the game I got the option to continue and finish it out and I didn't I elected to let you have another shot and then my brother disconnects my wireless internet and we go down again, we had to get it in so whatever just don't let this go un noticed I got royally fucked here.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 3:58 am

Yo Goat...get with me on when we can match up
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 4:25 am

macc i honestly would play it again.. throw out the results play the third n final time u were up n then he was up n then disconnects.. remember that rule in cfbo if its 1-1 on disconnects u play a third.. i cant imagine ne one having a gripe about that..me n bucc when we had to restart if there was a big advantage we tried to recreate or spot the person a td or something but in u guys case its one to one play one final time no matter what results stick.. there are still lots of people left to play i dont think it will hold ne thing up.. again thats my take on it..
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 4:27 am

I dont care what we do. I just want this OD to keep up. So whatever needs to be done, to settle everyone down, I am all for it. lol
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 4:32 am

Oregon would open its pac 10 schedule this week taking on Washington State.. The great defense that everyone expected to see all year from the ducks would finally show up.. only allowing 14 points but forcing 3 turnovers all for td..."This is what we expect from out defense.. we need to be physical.. we havent played like we should n maybe its the def coordinator but im happy to see it finally gettin in gear.. we are going to need it as we go through the pac 10.." Coach Santana.. On offfense the stars played efficent no gaudy numbers.. sophmore Atari West threw 24 ints last year but this year has 8td and 0 int thru 3 games "I worked hard this offseason... Kale Cooper set up a camp and i attended and he really tought me alot.. it was easy to learn especially from him considering he knew our offense inside out since he played with coach" Atari West and boy he is looking very kaleish so far this year.."Honestly this feels like a former team just much better.. we have the guys in the places where we need them to play big.. they are finally learning this offense this is a good team.. we will continue to tweek things but this a really good young football team." Santana.. Oregon routs the Cougars 70-14..
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 5:12 am

BucNutts wrote:
I dont care what we do. I just want this OD to keep up. So whatever needs to be done, to settle everyone down, I am all for it. lol

+1...whatever we go with i'm fine with it...
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 6:30 am

Terps roll BIG

Raleigh, NC - The Maryland Terrapins completely dismantled the North Carolina State Wolfpack today winning 49-14. The Terps played their first "complete" game of the season according to Coach Jeff Hickerson. "We played well on offense, took care of the ball, and moved the ball, played well on defense minus the second quarter, and got a kick return for a touchdown, and great kick coverage. If you ask me, you cant ask for a better game than that." The Terps were in control the entire game, leading 7 to 0 after the first, and 35 to 14 at intermission. The Terps were on cruise control the rest of the way to their 49 to 14 victory.

Offensively the Terps were led by sophomore quarterback Mitchell Hopkins, whom his teammates are dubbing the Tim Tebow 2.0. Hopkins finished the day 16 for 25 for 263 yards, 1 touchdown, and most importantly no interceptions. Hopkins hit 6 receivers at least 2 times.Hopkins also carried the ball 10 times for 62 yards. Jason Bennett was very impressive on the ground, specifically in the redzone, carrying the ball 20 times for 120 yards and 5 touchdowns.

Defensively All American safety Jim Allen led the way with 11 tackles, 1 for a loss. Jared Golden had 6 tackles, also 1 for a loss. Perry Hall and Terrell Miller had one one interception a piece on the day.

The Terps take their 3-0(1-0) record on the road to Wake Forrest next week to continue conference play before returning home to face rival Virginia.
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 7:11 am

fake punt sound pretty sketchy i honestly dont even pay attention to punt return because most of the time a fair catch is necessary. This game is very frustrating to lose but also very rewarding to win. Shit is going to happen i dont like the way games go sometimes but im not going to complain because i hate when people mouth the way i play. So just run a defensive play against 9's every 4th down and lets move on lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Week Three Discussion   2015 Week Three Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

2015 Week Three Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next