Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2019 Week 4 Discussion

Go down 
+4
Coach Gruden
cokanblues
BucNutts
axspecialk
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
axspecialk

axspecialk

2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 2:18 am

speaking with goat and he just dropped a dime on me and i totally didnt notice.. 45 of the top 50 recruits went to users last year.. thats why the cpu games are so damn easy cause the cpu teams are crap because we out recruit them.. so this is my suggestion we have changed the power in this dynasty to some diffrent teams and we have taken the power to rebuild but the powers we created need to stay that way so we should up the recruiting.. turn it up to a harder lvl and im sure this will start to balance out.. u guys wanted losses to the cpu well gt apparently is impossible to beat.. and so should mizzou south carolina north carolina.. if we turn up recruiting they will still get good players and it will make building these power houses that much more difficult and keep the cpu competive.. whats the thought on that..

I dont really care for a restart thats spitting on 10 years of work here..lets make the proper adjustments to make this thing right..i think changing the recruiting is a big start...and honestly i may be ok with mizzou if i felt like i had a fighting chance and with the adjustments maybe it would give me one.. so goat can go to a team he likes ill stay put and we can try to fix what is broken...

thoughts??
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 2:21 am

I would like that idea ax, especially with some of us having teams that can recruit good regardless, at least it would make us work for it now.

No way should we still be at Varsity. I like the fact that we have built some teams up, and they are still good. Arizona, Pitt, S CAr, GT, etc....we up the recruiting they will continue to be tough, as will some other teams.

Its ok if we don't get all 90 ranked players by the time they are seniors.

I would be for this idea.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 2:28 am

its not necessarily spitting on 10 years of work... its saying that we have bent some rules here and stuff, and a fresh start may be the best thing...

we still have like 7 and a half months left to play... that is at least 12 or so more seasons, we will build more history definitely... also if we all pick teams we want, it may give us an idea of how we should do next years dynasty to start off... we could then decide do we like starting at a smaller school and building, or should we start with powers immediately?
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 2:28 am

I would think a restart of the OD is in order....
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 2:31 am

GT is beatable...and actually like that they are so good, makes for a real challenge almost like playing a user game....I was up 7-3 the whole game, and they came back with under a min to score a TD to go ahead...I was able to line up for a FG as time expired to send it to OT....we went 3 OT, and in the end they squeaked it out, it was a great game.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 2:35 am

what does a restart solve? plz tell me? everyone gets teams that a great now.. and then some ppl end up at so so teams and have to get pummled by the big schools... how is that fair? and whats the point and where is the challenge with winning with great schools? where is the fun in that? the only restart that makes sense is we restart with 4 stars schools again.. and thats not what u guys want.. u guys want powers and that just doesnt make ne sense to me.. everyone has a school they want right now... and they are bad.. make them a great again.. how is that not more satisfying than getting florida with freakin demps and rainey with 99 spd bolting all over the field? like come on.. it is spitting on 10 years of work because it will be gone.. all the records the videos the stats everything that is invested in this 10 year dynasty we have.. mizzou will return to crap which is bogus.. considering all the work i have put in.. i just dont see how restarting is the answer.. UNLESS we are all taking 4 star schools n just starting over.. and even then i dont see the point in that we all minus texas fsu and oregon have 4 star schools now..
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 2:41 am

i dunno, there isnt an exact something a restart solves... it just seems like there are several here that want a restart, and then a couple more who wouldnt mind it... just seems like a restart would kinda spice things up again... i dunno
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 2:54 am

I think a restart isn't necessarily in order if we bump up the recruiting difficulty. The point is, we need to even out the playing field.

Its almost a blessing in disguise with all the coaching moves that just happened. We left some very good CPU teams out there as of now. Like we mentioned Pitt, SCAR, USF, Arizona, Wash, ASU, etc....

Now we bump up recruiting, and they will continue to recruit well, along with it making it harder for all us users to monopolize the top players. That way in 2-3 years we should have a nice healthy dose of competition, regardless of the teams we have.

However, we need to make the recrutiing rules, and restart rules in place. Gruden does a good job on lining those out, and we could have him put something out there, and we abide by it.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 3:10 am

axspecialk wrote:
what does a restart solve? plz tell me? everyone gets teams that a great now.. and then some ppl end up at so so teams and have to get pummled by the big schools... how is that fair? and whats the point and where is the challenge with winning with great schools? where is the fun in that? the only restart that makes sense is we restart with 4 stars schools again.. and thats not what u guys want.. u guys want powers and that just doesnt make ne sense to me.. everyone has a school they want right now... and they are bad.. make them a great again.. how is that not more satisfying than getting florida with freakin demps and rainey with 99 spd bolting all over the field? like come on.. it is spitting on 10 years of work because it will be gone.. all the records the videos the stats everything that is invested in this 10 year dynasty we have.. mizzou will return to crap which is bogus.. considering all the work i have put in.. i just dont see how restarting is the answer.. UNLESS we are all taking 4 star schools n just starting over.. and even then i dont see the point in that we all minus texas fsu and oregon have 4 star schools now..

Q. what does a restart solve? plz tell me?

A. the chance to play with update roster, correct conf alignment, and a new set of rules and standard to abide by based of what we have learned about 10 years in the current OD

Q. everyone gets teams that a great now

A. what is wrong with that? everyone will have a team they really want and are excited about.

Q. and then some ppl end up at so so teams and have to get pummled by the big schools... how is that fair?

A. if someone doesn't want to take a 6star team, and would rather build a program up and take there lumps that is up to them, that is there provocative, no one is forcing a coach to take Wyoming...if everyone wants a power team they will be available

Q. and whats the point and where is the challenge with winning with great schools? where is the fun in that?

A. i would assume bucc at osu having to beat coke at oklahoma for the nc will be quite a challenge and very rewarding for the victor

Q. the only restart that makes sense is we restart with 4 stars schools again.. and thats not what u guys want.. u guys want powers and that just doesnt make ne sense to me.

A. this is what we did in the original version of the OD, it was fun, and now it might be fun to try something different?.....not sure what doesn't make sense about people wanting a power school...isn't it all relative?...everyone has 6 star schools vs everyone having 3 star schools? the nc always goes through a user lead team....have we ever had a NC game with no user in it?

Q. everyone has a school they want right now

A. not sure that is true....goat doesn't seem happy, you have jumped from mizz, to nd, to lsu back to mizz....i would like a new team

Q. how is that not more satisfying than getting florida with freakin demps and rainey with 99 spd bolting all over the field? like come on..

A. exactly right, tiatan as a florida fan wants to play with real players and real roster....those guys are no different then playing with troy curry or rudy....every recruiting year there are electric players for people to get

Q. it is spitting on 10 years of work because it will be gone.. all the records the videos the stats everything that is invested in this 10 year dynasty we have

A. how is it spitting in the face of the work done....if we leave the OD now, or in 7 months when the new game drops is no different imho....I don't consider the work done with last year game as lost....i still cherish my only NC with FSU....it's just a video game, and meant to be fun, there is no disrespect to the work done by starting over

Q. mizzou will return to crap which is bogus.. considering all the work i have put in.. i just dont see how restarting is the answer

A. why is that bogus? and why do you care about if they are crap or great? you just left them for two different teams...

Q. UNLESS we are all taking 4 star schools n just starting over.. and even then i dont see the point in that we all minus texas fsu and oregon have 4 star schools now

A. answered above, but we have already done the 4 star build up, and some think it would be fun to try something new..and right now a&m, fsu, uo, mizz are 6* schools, while some of the others are 4* which seems unyoked...only seems to validate the idea that this is a good time to start over to make things fair...

Conclusion:
we have learned a lot playing the last 10 years, which we can implement into a new start to make the OD bigger and better...like goat pointed out we need to up the recruiting level....user taking 45 out of the top 50 recruits each year is silly....with top teams, we have a strict guideline, 15 max recruits, 7 5*, make the recruiting level at AA will spread out the talent....more competitive cpu teams....get new roster... correct conf alignments....chance to play with a new team.....no more coach moves....pick your team wise your going to be with them for the next 7 months.....
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 3:15 am

Gruden... you are a genius... you bring up points that i dont even think about, and then i read them and am like holy $h!t he is sooo right lol
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 3:16 am

titangator wrote:
Gruden... you are a genius... you bring up points that i dont even think about, and then i read them and am like holy $h!t he is sooo right lol

lol, thanks man....
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 3:46 am

Q. what does a restart solve? plz tell me?

A. the chance to play with update roster, correct conf alignment, and a new set of rules and standard to abide by based of what we have learned about 10 years in the current OD

* thats all good

Q. everyone gets teams that a great now

A. what is wrong with that? everyone will have a team they really want and are excited about

* Not every one as they is already a fight for michigan.. most ppl will be but like always ther will be some that arent

Q. and then some ppl end up at so so teams and have to get pummled by the big schools... how is that fair?

A. if someone doesn't want to take a 6star team, and would rather build a program up and take there lumps that is up to them, that is there provocative, no one is forcing a coach to take Wyoming...if everyone wants a power team they will be available

* if we are starting a 6 star dynasty than everyone should get 6 star schools.. but are ther 10 in college football.. mtsu was a one star and titan has sufferd for 10 seasons because of it and what we learned is u cant do that and we wont let ne one do it again.. right now all coaching moves were voluntary this is a restarts we should start on equal footing no one mane should have an advantage..

Q. and whats the point and where is the challenge with winning with great schools? where is the fun in that?

A. i would assume bucc at osu having to beat coke at oklahoma for the nc will be quite a challenge and very rewarding for the victor

* very true wining power on power would be fun and that will be the eventuality of whats happening right now.. eventually the powers will be back and ppl with thier fav team will play another user with thier fav team and all is right..

Q. the only restart that makes sense is we restart with 4 stars schools again.. and thats not what u guys want.. u guys want powers and that just doesnt make ne sense to me.

A. this is what we did in the original version of the OD, it was fun, and now it might be fun to try something different?.....not sure what doesn't make sense about people wanting a power school...isn't it all relative?...everyone has 6 star schools vs everyone having 3 star schools? the nc always goes through a user lead team....have we ever had a NC game with no user in it?

* one of my 3 was against a unmanned team iowa i believe it was.. and ur right ther is no difference all 3 or all 6 but everyone doesnt like 6 star schools some ppl will go 5 some will go 6 unfair and not by choice just the school they love isnt at the top right now..

Q. everyone has a school they want right now

A. not sure that is true....goat doesn't seem happy, you have jumped from mizz, to nd, to lsu back to mizz....i would like a new team

*I left and now im fine at lsu and if we change recruiting and goat wants them to make him happy i will go home with np.. i went to nd to be int he hunt didnt like them sec came open i went to lsu.. plz dont make me out to be a team hopper as i have been at mizzou and only left because i want to still be able to compete with everyone..and u want a new team u can always go.. u could have left this year and u can leve next year or right now if u would like.. cookan is waiting on ou ne wayz..

Q. how is that not more satisfying than getting florida with freakin demps and rainey with 99 spd bolting all over the field? like come on..

A. exactly right, tiatan as a florida fan wants to play with real players and real roster....those guys are no different then playing with troy curry or rudy....every recruiting year there are electric players for people to get

*no quarrles ther ur right.. but he is at floirda now and eventually he will have players he loves and everyone is happpy allthough im sure he would have fun playing with the real players too..

Q. it is spitting on 10 years of work because it will be gone.. all the records the videos the stats everything that is invested in this 10 year dynasty we have

A. how is it spitting in the face of the work done....if we leave the OD now, or in 7 months when the new game drops is no different imho....I don't consider the work done with last year game as lost....i still cherish my only NC with FSU....it's just a video game, and meant to be fun, there is no disrespect to the work done by starting over

*we leave it to move on to the next game..makes sense its a clean start with a brand new game... we waited 3 months for 9's rosters this year and again we are gonna scrap everything to use the most recent? so since this is all a learning experience than maybe we play 11 till 9's makes his final rosters than we fire up 12 so that way we dont have this arguement over using his great rosters all the time.. i put off playing this game for months to use the ones he gave us

Q. mizzou will return to crap which is bogus.. considering all the work i have put in.. i just dont see how restarting is the answer

A. why is that bogus? and why do you care about if they are crap or great? you just left them for two different teams...

* but every week i check to see how jacob did.. who they are playing.. i stil have a vested intrest in them i just left its all fresh i still kno everyone on thier team so it matters to me.. i still wanna see them win and be good.. i lef them to compete and if we had decided on a recruiting precedence then i may not have left.. but either way im happy.. but again for me its more gratifying to beat a pitt team with familer faces.. just like washington and usf and zona because u guys were there and i kno the guys from u guys talking about them again there is history in this thats a fact..

Q. UNLESS we are all taking 4 star schools n just starting over.. and even then i dont see the point in that we all minus texas fsu and oregon have 4 star schools now

A. answered above, but we have already done the 4 star build up, and some think it would be fun to try something new..and right now a&m, fsu, uo, mizz are 6* schools, while some of the others are 4* which seems unyoked...only seems to validate the idea that this is a good time to start over to make things fair...

*these schools were built up ne user team will become a power.. all we have done is shifted the powers.. how is that unfair.. the teams mentioned b4 are good because we made them so.... how is that unfair?

Conclusion:
we have learned a lot playing the last 10 years, which we can implement into a new start to make the OD bigger and better...like goat pointed out we need to up the recruiting level....user taking 45 out of the top 50 recruits each year is silly....with top teams, we have a strict guideline, 15 max recruits, 7 5*, make the recruiting level at AA will spread out the talent....more competitive cpu teams....get new roster... correct conf alignments....chance to play with a new team.....no more coach moves....pick your team wise your going to be with them for the next 7 months...

* we all kno ppl are gonna move because ppl always move.. its a part of the game ther is nothing wrong with it.. we have learned alot i just dont think we hve to throw this away to implement what we have learned.. yes recruiting needs to be a bit harder.. but i literally just went n compared our dynasty to the default rosters and setting and we have just shifted powers.. the balance stays the same the game has a certain number of 6 stars 5 star etc.. we have made some 4 star teams 5 and some 4 stars 6 which is gonna mean other have to fall.. we are gonna return the powers to thier rightful place now as users have them all and the world will be just.. i just dont see why we need a restart for this... it seems no one is ever happy here and whenever someone isnt it threatens to fall apart n thats not cool.. n i am not pointing fingers as this whole thing is partially my fault for not being happy with mizzou and how we were changing things.. but i learned form the last time i wouldnt quit so even in my losing steam i didnt quit just was trying to see how i could make myslef happy.. so im not pointing fingers or ne thing but again we cant be so quick to quit n fold... we are never gonna all be happy but we have to try to keep everyone happy.. we put the restart to vote and it lost.. so are we gonna restart for one person n piss everyone else off? majority is the rule here plz remeber that..if the majority say restart my options are stay and deal or quit.. but idk it just seems everyone cant be happy right now...idk what else to say.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 3:54 am

Ax u have some valid points in your comeback as well, cant say that u do not... however, i honestly feel like gruden has a couple more points hte peek my interest a little more... i just want the fresh start for whatever reason that is..
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 4:01 am

i'm really fine either way, i like my a&m team...the only reason why i responded to your question axe was to give a voice to what i believe is the thought of those in favor of starting over.....again i'm happy, and what ever the majority wants is fine by me, in fact by starting over would actually hurt me as a player since i'm one of a few 6stars at this point...just thought it would be fun idea, again it's just a game and we should have fun with it.
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 4:11 am

Ya I'm for doing what the majority wants and it seems like ax and macc are the only two that don't want to start over at all I don't care either way along with mostly everyone and a couple want to start over like Titan and goat... Let's have a vote it's the only way to solve our problem
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 4:16 am

Fair enough... so here it is, the official vote begins here....

The question is(i assume)... do we:

Start over, any school you would like to choose. I say that if a person chooses a 6 star school, they have a 15 player recrutiing limit, then 5 star gets 17 player limit, 4 star or less you get a 20 recruit limit. The 5 star limit can be discussed. We also shall set forth a set of rules, including sim play and restarts, and we must enforce it. Any other items can be discussed if need be.

OR

Continue where we are. I assume we will make some changes to enforcing of rules, etc.

MY VOTE IS... start over, I personally just want a FRESH start, with rules being enforced etc.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 4:16 am

cokanblues wrote:
Ya I'm for doing what the majority wants and it seems like ax and macc are the only two that don't want to start over at all I don't care either way along with mostly everyone and a couple want to start over like Titan and goat... Let's have a vote it's the only way to solve our problem

that's a good idea, and i feel the same as you coke...axe, just speaking hypothetical, if we were to start over and any team was available who would you want to play with?
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 4:25 am

titangator wrote:
Fair enough... so here it is, the official vote begins here....

The question is(i assume)... do we:

Start over, any school you would like to choose. I say that if a person chooses a 6 star school, they have a 15 player recrutiing limit, then 5 star gets 17 player limit, 4 star or less you get a 20 recruit limit. The 5 star limit can be discussed. We also shall set forth a set of rules, including sim play and restarts, and we must enforce it. Any other items can be discussed if need be.

OR

Continue where we are. I assume we will make some changes to enforcing of rules, etc.

MY VOTE IS... start over, I personally just want a FRESH start, with rules being enforced etc.

can someone post a poll thread?....i like the idea tiatan, but think we should make it basic...
A-leave OD alone with new recruiting restrictions 15 max 7 5* AA level?
B-start OD over with new recruiting restrictions 15 max 7 5* AA level?
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 4:29 am

fair enough... keep it basic..
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 4:31 am

the 15 max is gonna be a little too light.

4 years and thats only 60 players. max is 70, so we are really going thin.

If we dont want 20, then 18 max. But I think 15 is too short. I will go start a poll. It will be either to restart, or continue. regardless there is gonna be a recruiting rule, and things will get more in order around here.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 4:31 am

i just made one.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 4:33 am

titangator wrote:
i just made one.

just saw that. Good work
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 4:34 am

BucNutts wrote:
the 15 max is gonna be a little too light.

4 years and thats only 60 players. max is 70, so we are really going thin.

If we dont want 20, then 18 max. But I think 15 is too short. I will go start a poll. It will be either to restart, or continue. regardless there is gonna be a recruiting rule, and things will get more in order around here.

ya that makes sense....18 or 20 is probable better...we all agree either way recruiting level and requirements need to be adjusted regardless if we restart or continue.....
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 4:35 am

titangator wrote:
i just made one.
thanks!
Back to top Go down
Macc

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 4:53 am

Okay, I didn't read the last page and a half I'm at work so I'll quickly chime in. I think I've found a legit sollution.

Let's do both.

Keep the dtynasty we've got here... the very liberal, fiend users (Me, Ax Grey, Cokan, Buc, Gruden... the guys who bug for advances, didn't mean to leave anyone off anyone and everyone who can keep ups more than nivited) and we'll keep running this as a "side dynasty"... It will solve the issue people have with waiting for advances (when you just really want to play a dynasty game, bye weeks etc.) and it will not just throw out the work we've all put in the last 10 years.

And we'll start a new one, no team limit, tough recruiting restrictions etc. etc. etc.

Is everyone cool with that?

Who is down with keeping what we've got going here, who is down with starting a new one, who is down with doing BOTH? Either way I want to keep this Trojan team around, and I doubt I'll be using them in the new dynasty.. I'll pick last and go where there's a conf opponent needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2019 Week 4 Discussion   2019 Week 4 Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2019 Week 4 Discussion
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next