Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters Empty
PostSubject: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 3:11 am

Hey 9's I was looking over your roster and I believe you have T Gerhart as a SR?....I believe he should be a JR?
http://stanford.scout.com/a.z?s=18&p=8&c=2&nid=734&yr=2009
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 3:14 am

Im pretty sure he is a senior. I could be wrong but i could have sworn he was a senior
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 3:16 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
Im pretty sure he is a senior. I could be wrong but i could have sworn he was a senior

I thought so too...but looking at this roster website for Stanford it has him listed as a JR...hmmm
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 3:17 am

What website did you go to because I just checked gostanford.com and he is listed as a senior on there.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 3:18 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
What website did you go to because I just checked gostanford.com and he is listed as a senior on there.

looks like his a JR, check out this story on Dec 8 about declaring for the draft early...

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2009/12/08/toby-gerhart-expected-to-enter-the-nfl-draft-according-to-toby-gerhart/

Toby Gerhart expected to enter the NFL Draft (according to Toby Gerhart)
Posted by Jon Wilner on December 8th, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Categorized as Pac-10 football, Stanford football, Toby Gerhart

Stanford running back Toby Gerhart appeared to accidentally disclose his NFL plans Tuesday, and if you’re a Stanford fan, the news wasn’t good.

Here’s the chronology:

During a press conference Tuesday morning to discuss the Heisman Trophy, Gerhart was asked if he had made a decision on next year. (He has the option to return to school.)

His response: “Not yet. I’m soaking everything in.”

Asked if winning the Heisman would affect his decision, he added: “I don’t know how much correlation there is between the Heisman and your pro potential.”

But during an interview with Comcast’s Chronicle Live on Tuesday, Gerhart made a reference to training for the 40-yard dash:

“I’m going to start training here shortly, get ready for the (NFL Draft) Combine.”

Host Greg Papa then asked if that meant Gerhart had decided to enter the draft.

Seemingly flustered — like he realized he said something he shouldn’t have — Gerhart stumbled for a second … then talked briefly about making a decision after the Sun Bowl … then added:

“But it’s looking like that’s the way it’s going to go.”

… And that pronouncement, unofficially official as it might have been, should come as zero surprise to anyone who has watched Gerhart play this season. His stock will never be higher — he’s projected to go in the second or third round — and his body might never be healthier. Given his physical running style and the punishment he takes every carry, entering the draft (and getting that first contract) is the smart thing to do. And when the winter quarter starts next month, he’ll only be three classes short of his degree …

Papa then asked the same question Gerhart got at the morning presser: Would the Heisman voting, however it goes, affect his decision to turn pro?

Gerhart, having composed himself, said: “I don’t think so. It’s going to totally depend on my evaluations by the NFL.”

Fuse the two comments, and this is what I take away:

Gerhart is confident that the NFL evaluations will meet his personal benchmark — whatever that may be (top-two rounds, top-four rounds, etc) — for entering the draft.

“But it’s looking like that’s the way it’s going to go.”

He’s a smart guy, and that would be the smart move.
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 3:23 am

I think what it is during his sophomore year he got hurt for the season so they can probably get him that year back if they want to, but im not sure because he is listed as a senior
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 3:30 am

what roster are you looking at?...the scout site has him a RS JR?
http://stanford.scout.com/a.z?s=18&p=8&c=2&nid=734&yr=2009
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 3:36 am

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=18&f=1712&t=5282072

pretty sure hi is a JR....read this off the scout site in regards to toby leaving early...
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 3:37 am

This site
http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/gerhart_toby00.html
if you it lists him as a senior then if you go down a little ways it explains that he got hurt during his sophomore year in the first game and missed the whole season. So i think if Stanford wanted they could get the ncca to give him a medical redshirt for that year,but it hasn't been offically given to him yet so that is why he is listed as a senior
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 3:40 am

So basically I think all of this means that he is technically a senior but if he and stanford wanted another year he would be granted it by the ncaa for a medical redshirt the year he got hurt his sophomore year
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 3:43 am

I think that site has made a mistake...this is how I see it...

*plays 06 True FR

*get's hurt in first game
07...and is then a RS FR

*plays 08...which would be his RS SOPH YR

*plays 09...making it his RS JR Year
Back to top Go down
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 3:53 am

im pretty sure this is something like the deal with jordan shipley last year he was a senior rs then he got a medical redhsirt making him a 6 year senior but im almost 100% positive tobe is a senior ive been watching stuff on the heismen all day and if we wins it said he will be the first senior rb since ron dayne to win
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 3:53 am

Yes that would be correct, but im guessing what happened is that stanford has yet to file the paperwork to get a medical redshirt and that year back. See to get a medical redshirt you have to go to the ncaa and file some paperwork and answer some questions before they will grant you a medical redshirt. You can do this at any time it doesnt have to be right when a player got injured or even in that season. So if toby wanted the year back he could go to the ncaa at any time and they would grant it to him but he will have to go through that process first
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 3:58 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
Yes that would be correct, but im guessing what happened is that stanford has yet to file the paperwork to get a medical redshirt and that year back. See to get a medical redshirt you have to go to the ncaa and file some paperwork and answer some questions before they will grant you a medical redshirt. You can do this at any time it doesnt have to be right when a player got injured or even in that season. So if toby wanted the year back he could go to the ncaa at any time and they would grant it to him but he will have to go through that process first

I find it confusing that ted miller has listed on the all pac 10 team as a SR, your website has him a SR...the website for scout.com has him a JR...reports that he is leaving early for the NFL draft would make you think he is a JR...having a medical rs, and just rs are two different things...and your correct on the process for asking for a medical rs...but if a player is hurt early in the year, i.e only playing for a couple qt in the first game of the year vs san jose state, you wouldn't need to petition for anything and just grant a rs year...very confused...
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 4:03 am

Even if a guy only played one play and got hurt he would still have to go through the process with the ncaa. The ncaa would never turn the kid away and not give him the extra year but the ncaa is very much a stickler for rules and will make you go through the process. It is very confusing but im pretty sure that is why he is classified as a senior
Back to top Go down
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 4:04 am

Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 4:05 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
Even if a guy only played one play and got hurt he would still have to go through the process with the ncaa. The ncaa would never turn the kid away and not give him the extra year but the ncaa is very much a stickler for rules and will make you go through the process. It is very confusing but im pretty sure that is why he is classified as a senior

you are correct, but the ncaa would have let stanford know by the end of the soph year had he earned a rs for that year...still don't get why scout has him listed as a jr either?
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 4:07 am

I don't think the ncaa has to let stanford know by the end of that year unless they filled out the paperwork. Im pretty sure that the ncaa wont say anything until a medical redshirt is requested. I don't know why that one has him listed as a junior either. It is all very confusing, it would have been a lot easier if stanford had requested a medical redshirt right away
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 4:11 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
I don't think the ncaa has to let stanford know by the end of that year unless they filled out the paperwork. Im pretty sure that the ncaa wont say anything until a medical redshirt is requested. I don't know why that one has him listed as a junior either. It is all very confusing, it would have been a lot easier if stanford had requested a medical redshirt right away

I just went to the Stanford board and asked the question...very confused....let you know what they say...
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 4:13 am

Ok cool. Im interested to see what they say because i dont understand why stanford would not ask for the year back, and if they did i dont know why it hasnt been granted yet
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 4:47 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
Ok cool. Im interested to see what they say because i dont understand why stanford would not ask for the year back, and if they did i dont know why it hasnt been granted yet

Looks like you guys were right...and the scout site is wrong...here is one of the post

"Academically, Gerhart is a senior. This is his fourth year at Stanford. He is on track to graduate this year.

He was injured after one game of his sophomore year and missed the rest of the season. He could get a medical redshirt year, which would allow him to return next year as a 5th year senior. But nobody expects that."

Looks like he could easily get that YR back, but he not interested...
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 4:48 am

Ok thats what I thought so he still could come back but he is a senior
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 4:53 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
Ok thats what I thought so he still could come back but he is a senior
ya, i suppose so, looks like he would be a lock to get the medical rs...i quess is nfl scouts say he wont be a top 2 or 3 round pick he may come back, but it looks doubtful....
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 5:20 am

Ya he would definitely be given a medical redshirt but I doubt his stock could ever get any higher than this year
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters EmptyFri 01 Jan 2010, 12:32 pm

I totall missed these posts
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters   hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters Empty

Back to top Go down

hey 9's.....in regards to your rosters
Page 1 of 1