Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ATTN : Jesse/Rosters ... New Locomotion Feature

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

ATTN : Jesse/Rosters ... New Locomotion Feature Empty
PostSubject: ATTN : Jesse/Rosters ... New Locomotion Feature   ATTN : Jesse/Rosters ... New Locomotion Feature EmptyWed 14 Apr 2010, 10:32 pm

Now while I'm very confident and hopeful that this new locomotion system for the game addresses some frustrating issues like our O-Linemen holding onto blocks against the CPU or when CPU D Linemen get off their blocks, having the speed to track down any ball carrier from behind to make a play - let's be honest this new locomotion system means we'll almost probably have to "re-learn" how to play the game. This happens every time they think they do something good.

I've become comfortable with this game only RECENTLY believe it or not, I've learned that when the speed burst button is very, very beneficial when used properly. If you use speed right away on straight hand offs or even off tackle runs, your blocks won't progress and you'll be suseptible to any tackler who isn't locked in on a man or has beat that specific block. If you slow up, let your blocks develop and use speed through the hole - you can be very successful.

Jesse, why I've linked you and your rosters to this, is you said you work on the rosters the minute you get them. How do you go about addressing speed issues? Do you play the game before doing any of this or get right into it? Will this new locomotion feature change how you potentially edit your rosters?

IMHO - I think that the ONLY way to address this is addressing QB speed. While I wouldn't want to see any of the "scrambling type QBs" have 95+ speed, I think there's a BIG difference between 70 and 85. I wouldn't be upset to see QBs who are typically pocket guys have upwards of 75, 80. I remember any of the pocket guys you edited were sometimes low 60s. Keep in mind that the quarterback position (besides defensive back) is the most athletically inclined position to be played in college football. I also think this will be double edged in if a team has a pass rusher who is strong enough to get off blocks and has the speed to track ball carriers it should benefit them, but not be something you have to deal with week in week out with a very talented O Line.

Basically what my point is I hope EA adresses the issue of defensive linemen being able to wreak havoc in the backfield. I don't want a game where I don't get sacked an entire game but it would be nice for me to know that my QB isn't taking 6+ shots EVERY game.

With all these new features Jesse and the pressure (not by me or ANY of us) to get rosters out - could rosters potentially take longer as you adjust to the new game play?
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

ATTN : Jesse/Rosters ... New Locomotion Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATTN : Jesse/Rosters ... New Locomotion Feature   ATTN : Jesse/Rosters ... New Locomotion Feature EmptyWed 14 Apr 2010, 11:42 pm

I usually dont change something unless it needs to be changed...if someone sends me info on some player...and hes only rated an 83 speed....and i see loads of evidence that this kid is running sub 4.40 40....I'll change his speed.....ratings are always a case by case basis...and so subjective.....some players run shitty 40's but they have that game speed and once they are gone they are gone.....so you never know.....its hard to speculate before seeing what i'm working with....it will definitely be a new challenge...a challenge that I welcome
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm

ATTN : Jesse/Rosters ... New Locomotion Feature
Page 1 of 1