Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss Empty
PostSubject: Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss   Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 1:31 am

I think there should be some guidelines for Coach's leaving for another job after the season...possible idea's
Possible Rules
1-Limit to only one coach leaving a year...team with the highest ranking at the end of the year, gets first shot, if they don't want to move we go down the line to the next highest ranked coach etc...but only one coach a year is able to move
2-Your team has 10 wins or more
3-The team your moving to has to be 4* or less (edit)
4-The team your moving to has .500 or worse W-L record
5-The move take place after you have done all off season duties for old team? (edit)

*What do you guys think?

Last edited by zscott10 on Fri 15 Jan 2010, 2:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss   Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 1:36 am

No. You can only transfer to a 4* program. If you want to change schools you should NOT benefit from it whatsoever. I'm not going to let up on this... not to sound like a jerk.

Umm, and no I assume it would be alrite if they don't do anything... but they will not be allowed to do off-season stuff for their new school. Like you, they'll only be added right before custom schedules. I don't want the ability to change schools be a benefit instead a challenge because you obviously gain from the new recruiting scene etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss   Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 1:42 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
No. You can only transfer to a 4* program. If you want to change schools you should NOT benefit from it whatsoever. I'm not going to let up on this... not to sound like a jerk.

Umm, and no I assume it would be alrite if they don't do anything... but they will not be allowed to do off-season stuff for their new school. Like you, they'll only be added right before custom schedules. I don't want the ability to change schools be a benefit instead a challenge because you obviously gain from the new recruiting scene etc. etc.

I have made the edit...and thinking about it, I agree...esp about still having to do off season duties for your current team, since know one, except top ranked coach whould know for sure that they are moving to another team, so they would still do a good job with that team...
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss   Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 1:43 am

and i don't think your being a jerk about at all, just wanted to start the discussion and make sure we had something in place to go off.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss   Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 1:47 am

I edited my post coz I came off sorta harsh...

but yea look at the Lane Kiffin/USC picture. Kiffin had no idea he was getting the job and he got the job during the Dead Period Jan 11-14 I believe? So while he'll have limited time to do some recruiting for USC, he won't have very much. I'm not going to say you'll have to do your offseason stuff but we won't even talk coaching changes until the off-season recruiting is over so obviously you'll probably want to do it anyways.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss   Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 3:27 am

BTW Chris where did you find that Auburn logo, you had the same one as Stanford.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss   Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 3:31 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
BTW Chris where did you find that Auburn logo, you had the same one as Stanford.

just a google search I think I typed in Auburn Logo?
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss   Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 3:32 am

Weird. You had the exact one for Stanford, so I figured it would've been a website. Why would they have an Stanford and Auburn but no Ole Miss *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss   Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 3:34 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
Weird. You had the exact one for Stanford, so I figured it would've been a website. Why would they have an Stanford and Auburn but no Ole Miss *sigh*

hmmm, not sure...i will look
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss   Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 3:55 am

Not exactly, but here is what I found searching for Ole Miss logo's.

Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss 94-432-L

Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss Ole-miss-rebels-800x600

Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss Olemiss9bsi-1
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss   Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 4:44 am

oh man. the only way i would move is if i could goo notre dame, ut the will never be 4 star.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss   Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 4:48 am

clevmire1 wrote:
oh man. the only way i would move is if i could goo notre dame, ut the will never be 4 star.

are you actually the real coach kelley?
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss   Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 4:56 am

lol.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss   Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 5:01 am

Thanks for the logos I was just hoping for one like yours that looks tight. I saw you'd had a Stanford one as well figured they'd be universal for every school like that. Oh well. Minor detail lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss   Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Guidelines for a Coach leaving a Program....discuss
Page 1 of 1