Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up

Go down 
+4
titangator
axspecialk
Coach Gruden
BucNutts
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you like the Tier System?
1. Yes
Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 Vote_lcap57%Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
2. No
Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3. All players should have option to pick a 4 * team if they want
Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 Vote_lcap43%Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
titangator

titangator

Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up   Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 EmptyFri 04 Jun 2010, 7:01 am

I'll never get tired of them
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up   Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 EmptyFri 04 Jun 2010, 7:11 am

get that game in...we're waiting on you bro
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up   Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 10:02 pm

i have yet to chime in on this, but will do so now.

to be perfectly honest, i have less than no desire to play with a 2* school. maybe not even with a 3* and it has nothing to do with the fact that they will suck or not be good initially. my issue is that i will lose interest quickly if i'm not playing with a team that i have legitimate interest in. this is not a dynasty that advances 2 or 3 times a week. it pretty much advances daily. and i just can't see myself devoting an hour a day to play with utep or some other school that i know little to nothing about. obviously, being a unc fan and playing with them, i have no desire to play with a top 10, perennial powerhouse. however, i would like to play with a school in which i have some interest in, and can name more than 3 players on their roster. just sayin.

god bless troy curry.
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up   Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 10:08 pm

I hear you goat....the only cats I knew on Oregon State were the Rodgers Brothers...but now they are my squad ....so you never know....but yeah...I would wanna run with a team I'm interested in...definitely
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up   Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 10:28 pm

i hear that n there is no guarantee that ne one who was good in this one will be good in that one.. cause its a new game that may favor some diffrent play styles.. i like the tier system as a reward for those who have done well here and i would like to see it have some impact on what happens as we go forward..so maybe we put in a new school change rule.. goat u could grind it out for a few seasons till u can jump ship.. the coaching changes would be more realistic if we were sucessful at small schools then moved on to bigger n better.. i think a 2* school is too much but top tier guys go *3star n there a lots of prestigious schools in that group..so we go 2 tiers.. one tier picks form the 3 star bunch the rest from the 4 star bunch... i think thats fair.. everyoine gets a good school with some solid tradition and the ppl who were good here start off a lil less than the others and that should make a huge diffrence especially in recruiting the first few years and could make everything alot more intresting in those first few years.. what u guys think about that??
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up   Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 10:29 pm

Goatstain wrote:
i have yet to chime in on this, but will do so now.

to be perfectly honest, i have less than no desire to play with a 2* school. maybe not even with a 3* and it has nothing to do with the fact that they will suck or not be good initially. my issue is that i will lose interest quickly if i'm not playing with a team that i have legitimate interest in. this is not a dynasty that advances 2 or 3 times a week. it pretty much advances daily. and i just can't see myself devoting an hour a day to play with utep or some other school that i know little to nothing about. obviously, being a unc fan and playing with them, i have no desire to play with a top 10, perennial powerhouse. however, i would like to play with a school in which i have some interest in, and can name more than 3 players on their roster. just sayin.

god bless troy curry.

I hear what your saying and understand....by the way if you take NC they should be really good this year...I know tiatan love MTSU, but imagine if he could, he would take Florida if available...and I wouldn't mind rolling with Florida State again...Macc have any interest in USC, and we know Bucc is a huge OSU fan, so we could go big boy team out of the gate.....what ever we decide the best is fine with me.....
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up   Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 10:31 pm

im in total disagreeance with big boys from jump no challenge in that.. working our way to our fav schools made everything alot more fun and is partially what kept this going so strong.. in the end.. we will get to big boy schools after we have punished them with the lil schools n then we will build them back up.. this was way more fun to watch ohio state become a power by having to work for it... and oregon and fsu and all the big names.. watching them rise fomr the slums was much better than watching them just come in and dominate...
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up   Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 10:36 pm

axspecialk wrote:
im in total disagreeance with big boys from jump no challenge in that.. working our way to our fav schools made everything alot more fun and is partially what kept this going so strong.. in the end.. we will get to big boy schools after we have punished them with the lil schools n then we will build them back up.. this was way more fun to watch ohio state become a power by having to work for it... and oregon and fsu and all the big names.. watching them rise fomr the slums was much better than watching them just come in and dominate...

personally i would rather take a team like KSU/Stanford and build them up and possible move to a powerhouse that has fallen, the way this OD worked out...the problem is, other's don't feel the same like I imagine Goat or Coke who have stuck with there team from the start....If Goat needs NC to be excited about the OD, and they come in a 5* team, I would have no problem him stating out with them?....same for Iowa/Coke...guess we need to figure our who wants what teams?
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up   Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 11:09 pm

for example, i would no issue playing with a team like minnesota. they would probably be a 3* or something like that, correct? it doesn't have to be a big school, obviously. but would much prefer to have some sort of interest as opposed to firing up a dynasty with a roster of anonymous players.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up   Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 11:30 pm

Goatstain wrote:
for example, i would no issue playing with a team like minnesota. they would probably be a 3* or something like that, correct? it doesn't have to be a big school, obviously. but would much prefer to have some sort of interest as opposed to firing up a dynasty with a roster of anonymous players.

I would guess Minnesota would be a 3 star team...and if that is someone you'd be excited to play with, doubt anyone going to have issue with that?
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up   Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 EmptyWed 09 Jun 2010, 12:35 am

Goat gets Tulsa. No ifs or ands about it.

Real talk - I agree I think we should use 4* teams at the beginning, there will be a crop load of them I'm assuming inflation around the league, a team that didn't deserve 5* status in 2010 etc. We'll figure it out when we get there but like Chris said I think it was fun all using the teams we began with in the OD, it's nice to see some loyal have stuck to their team (and who wouldnt with a combined what 8 NCs?) 4 stars give you the best of both worlds, a roster with players you're at least SEMI familiar with if your a college football fan, playing in conferences that will play against big name schools and players the first couple years through you'll know.

No 2/3* teams for anyone, I think Goat and Cokan or anyone that makes the first tier should be rewarded for having done so well with their at once, 4* teams in this OD.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up   Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 EmptyWed 09 Jun 2010, 2:57 am

I already have my team picked out..its not Fresno St, or SMU, or Houston....

Because we are doing normal conferences, I got a Big 12 team picked out. They are a 2* in 2010..dunno if they will be bumped up to 3* or not in 2011...but I am going with them...Not gonna say, don't want anyone to grab them before me lol...

I dont care if we do all 4*'s again...if that is what people want to do..but for me I want this 2* team, I will have alot of fun with them!!
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up   Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 EmptyWed 09 Jun 2010, 3:07 am

hey can we get a coutndown somewhere on here.. we need a countdown to 11.. this is gonna be the most fun i am going to have with a football game because from jump i will be in a great dynasty i cant wait!!!! lol with so much anticipation for 11.. 10 is getting older n more boring by the min lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up   Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bored...Lets Talk Ncaa 2011 Set-Up
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3