Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2011 Week 9 Discussion

Go down 
+4
Coach Gruden
BucNutts
titangator
axspecialk
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
axspecialk

axspecialk

2011 Week 9 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptyFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:01 pm

up lots of bye weeks.. Pitt Mtsu and Arizona all on byes.. me gruden goat mydas cookan and fox have games so this should be a quick week..maybe an advance by 8? i didnt get one of those players i was number 2 on.. im hoping i can get a few from whats left on my board and than take everything i can in the offseason.. what potentially dangerous plan! Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 1:18 am

Big east race is gonna be intense.... 3 teams control their own destiny, mtsu has 1 loss, but still plays the two unbeaten teams, pitt and wvu, both on the road though so will be very tough.... pitt and wvu also are still to play each other, should be fun
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 2:37 am

Done with recruiting.

I did get an instant commit from a ESPN150 WR this week so that is nice. Softens the blow a little from my loss..
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 2:46 am

cookan whats up with the totally unrealistic numbers out there? im not calling u out just asking. maybe u run alot of bubble screens n thats whats up with the 60+ pass attempts every game or maybe u cant run it? im just asking cause the numbers coming out of there are silly..charles has 1800 yards n 24 tds already... we arent totally sim but ur kinda overdoing out there...
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 2:52 am

yea lil unheard of there..... we need to keep it pretty realistic i think
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 3:55 am

axspecialk wrote:
cookan whats up with the totally unrealistic numbers out there? im not calling u out just asking. maybe u run alot of bubble screens n thats whats up with the 60+ pass attempts every game or maybe u cant run it? im just asking cause the numbers coming out of there are silly..charles has 1800 yards n 24 tds already... we arent totally sim but ur kinda overdoing out there...

K are you joking? Shocked ....how can you with a straight face say those are silly stats when you have put up 91 and 70 points the last two weeks...I get that you guys are going after Hesiman etc...but the numbers both your QB and WR are putting up our outrageous!
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 4:05 am

lol i kno i over due it myself.. but i put up 90 out of fustration.. n 70 ok sure but his numbers arent crazy.. throw for 300 and 4 tds which is reasonable i run a spreads. n i have had close games where my q has had huge numbers because i couldnt run it..my hb had 200 yards last game and over 100 this game it was iowa state and texas tech..n i only went for 10 that game cause his guys went for 10 so i matched.. i dont really care about the heisman.. and i throw to who is open i dont target ne one person. my stats on a whole on the year arent outrageous im a lil above stephen garcia and who ever else im not way out ahead.. neither is my wr as a matter of fact he is number 3 for yards by wr.. so really the 90 point game is the only exception for me other than that i keep it pretty inline..
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 4:21 am

so i decided to go look..my wr woodland is second with 1272.. pitt balwdin 3rd with 1185 and washington j.jearse with 1083 so how is that being ridic on my end? ok state wr has 1747 beofre this weeks addition my 1272 is after my game this week. and at qb malcom has 3371 n is second garcia south car has 2843 and hasnt played this week yet.. weeden from ok state 4242 before this weeks addition come on.. i can talk im in the pile with everyone else maybe just a tad bit ahead but not insanely other than the last 2 weeks i hadnt scored more than 56 i mean i even use chew clock in games in the fourth...so ya chris i am serious lol i had one out of control week. ok state tho.. 70 week 2 68 week 4 87 against texas tech who i scored 90 on 66 week 6 67 week 7.. come on i dont even come close..
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 4:31 am

axspecialk wrote:
lol i kno i over due it myself.. but i put up 90 out of fustration.. n 70 ok sure but his numbers arent crazy.. throw for 300 and 4 tds which is reasonable i run a spreads. n i have had close games where my q has had huge numbers because i couldnt run it..my hb had 200 yards last game and over 100 this game it was iowa state and texas tech..n i only went for 10 that game cause his guys went for 10 so i matched.. i dont really care about the heisman.. and i throw to who is open i dont target ne one person. my stats on a whole on the year arent outrageous im a lil above stephen garcia and who ever else im not way out ahead.. neither is my wr as a matter of fact he is number 3 for yards by wr.. so really the 90 point game is the only exception for me other than that i keep it pretty inline..

what are you frustrated about bro LOL...you have no losses, heisman winner from last year...probable playing in NC game....MIZZ AVG 52 a game, and OSU 61.....you guys are both stat whores LOL
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 4:33 am

Well I would vote for a bump up in CPU defensive AI.

I know me personally, while I don't put up quite those numbers, I still hardly ever feel threatened by the CPU's defense. Their pass rush is ok, but I feel like if I wanted to I could easily put up these numbers as well. And that is without even having a "go-to" play type thing.

I think we need to do something, because regardless, putting up those amount of points, and yards each week is not sim at all. These are big time conference opponents even if they are not ranked.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 4:36 am

agree bucc, i thought we should have stayed with the sliders we had that made it very competitive
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 4:41 am

Edit my earlier post:

I can understand putting these numbers up against the Rice's, Toledo's, teams...but to do this against Tech, OU, Kansas, or any other conference opponent minus the maybe 1 real bad one in each conference, is a bit much.

I put up 66 against a tough Oregon squad, that has been my biggest output of the OD, but 28 of those points were from my defense. That is a different type of blowout.

That is why recommended the scheduling change, because if we are gonna roll the CPU more often than not, then we need to have more games that actually "matter"
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 4:51 am

I am a stat whore never said i wasnt lol but after being scolded a few times last year i try to be respectful lol n i lead the league in to so my points a game are due inlarge part to my defense.. n i no im loss free n it wasnt so much a complaint as a question and maybe a concern to tone it down just a peep lol i mean the 2 juggernaut offenses still have to play in the big xii champ game so im not thru yet.. and in refrence to the slider change we didnt turn down cpu defense at all only the rb abilty.. which has been way better i still have like the second to last defense in the nation but at least 8 out of 10 tries i can tackle the ball carrier..idk what the solution is to making it more competive against cpu.. im all for it just as long as its fair lol maybe we go up to heisman? i personally dont think we are ready for ne changes yet my team sucks and as ppl grad it dont seem to be gettin much better n i kno for cookan every good player on his team is a sr so lets see how this recruiting n progression plays out for another year or 2 before we come to a verdict..imo
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 7:06 am

I don't know what the sollution is because the things I have trouble with, like rushing the passer vs the CPU... Goat's got a huge lead in the sack department. And by no means is that calling my homie Goat out whatsoever - if I could put up those numbers and crush the CPU QB that many times I wouldn't ever let up. I just find that when I get pressure, he always just distributes the ball quickly, short passes that go for big gains all the time. So there needs to be a balance if we make their defence stronger.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 7:52 am

Will have OSU vs UW done by 9PST...
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 10:19 am

i don't wanna come off as a dick, but some of this shit has gotten out of control. i really do like an respect everyone in this dynasty, but some of the numbers being put up are fucking ridiculous. cokan, nothing personal, but you just beat oklahoma by more than 30 points. you threw it 76 times, and only ran it 11? seriously, is this supposed to be a sim dynasty? or are we just going to treat this like any video game? i'm just curious. i mean, i can fuck around and put up david klingler numbers too. again, this is just my opinion, but i do think we should come to some sort of agreement/understanding as to what kind of dynasty this is. either way, i have no gripes. we have some that approach it like a football game. and some that view it as tecmo bowl.

and macc, i know you're not accusing me of anything. all i can say, is that i happen to have two DE's that are rated in the 90's. and i never move them out wider than their original allignment. i don't even loop/contain as a pre-snap adjustment. i usually just rush the tackles outside shoulder, and usally do a swim move. sometimes it works very well. others, not so much.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 10:46 am

i agree goat... 100 percent.... not gonna poitn fingers or call names, but lets just say i agree 100 percent with what you just said... and i vote for the more sim league.
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 11:11 am

Dont make me call Michael Muse out of retirement and roll up 40 some sacks on your ass!!!.....you fucking cheesers...lol...But seriously guys,From the outside looking in.....I think you guys have gotten away from what we started here...a sim league, where we pulled our starters after being up big...I would vote for tougher sliders.....some of ya'll gotta handle taking a loss against the CPU...it happens to the best of us...whats fun about rolling the cpu every time?? I started a season with Penn State on Heisman earlier today and lost a nail biter to #1 Alabama 38-27..I had my chances....but its better for the league if the cpu games are more challenging...just my very humble opinion
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 11:15 am

agree with you as well 9's.... sim is always best
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 11:23 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
Dont make me call Michael Muse out of retirement and roll up 40 some sacks on your ass!!!.....you fucking cheesers...lol...But seriously guys,From the outside looking in.....I think you guys have gotten away from what we started here...a sim league, where we pulled our starters after being up big...I would vote for tougher sliders.....some of ya'll gotta handle taking a loss against the CPU...it happens to the best of us...whats fun about rolling the cpu every time?? I started a season with Penn State on Heisman earlier today and lost a nail biter to #1 Alabama 38-27..I had my chances....but its better for the league if the cpu games are more challenging...just my very humble opinion

I have to agree with the theme of 9's and Goat post...we need to decide if we want this to be a SIM OD or not...either way I think we all need to be on the same page.....All the BS reason for restarts, the ridiculous numbers by some players is out of line...If we don't give a shit about being SIM then let's be clear...at that point I can either deal with it and shut up or leave the OD...but the fact is Mizz and Okie State either don't care about being SIM within regards to stats and score or are being disingenuous about it by trying to defend it...either way I just want us all to be on the same page...
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 11:26 am

agreed 100 percent gruden.... and ill be straight up and say it... i want to be in a sim league, whne i first joined, we were pretty sim, here and there people would have ridiculous numbers, but that happens, not every game like it is now with some people...

i say we bump the sliders back up, if you lose to the cpu, man up and take it.... in real life temas dont restart if they have a bad week, they think shit, we better get our act together and play next week or we are gonna be in a fuckin mess... i have lost to the cpu several times, as has gruden, its not the end of the world, yes you will probably be out of the national title picture, but hey, ONE team wins the natty title each year, ONE.... its not the end of the world...

I SAY SIM
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 11:30 am

titangator wrote:
agreed 100 percent gruden.... and ill be straight up and say it... i want to be in a sim league, whne i first joined, we were pretty sim, here and there people would have ridiculous numbers, but that happens, not every game like it is now with some people...

i say we bump the sliders back up, if you lose to the cpu, man up and take it.... in real life temas dont restart if they have a bad week, they think shit, we better get our act together and play next week or we are gonna be in a fuckin mess... i have lost to the cpu several times, as has gruden, its not the end of the world, yes you will probably be out of the national title picture, but hey, ONE team wins the natty title each year, ONE.... its not the end of the world...

I SAY SIM
well put tiatan...thanks
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 11:30 am

Well I believe that from my previous posts that I am on the same page as you guys. I want a SIM league as much as we can make it. Sure there are gonna be games where we just handle the CPU, but if that is the case, we call off the dogs in the late 3rd and 4th quarter.

I think we all do a very good job playing sim against one another, but thats where my point about maybe throwing in a few more user games in. If we keep it as is, then right now we pretty much have 2 maybe 3 games that we play "sim" all games aginst the CPU is just do as you please...

If it's that simple to throw up these stats, then a change in sliders is needed. And we go to a no-restart rule, regradless....if the commish sees a restart before advancing he throws out results and sims the game, simple as that. And no explanation needed...

I love this OD, but if this continues, I think that the majority will get frustrated and look elsewhere for a more sim style of league.

ps- if change is on the board, then we will do it at season's end.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 11:37 am

BucNutts wrote:
Well I believe that from my previous posts that I am on the same page as you guys. I want a SIM league as much as we can make it. Sure there are gonna be games where we just handle the CPU, but if that is the case, we call off the dogs in the late 3rd and 4th quarter.

I think we all do a very good job playing sim against one another, but thats where my point about maybe throwing in a few more user games in. If we keep it as is, then right now we pretty much have 2 maybe 3 games that we play "sim" all games aginst the CPU is just do as you please...

If it's that simple to throw up these stats, then a change in sliders is needed. And we go to a no-restart rule, regradless....if the commish sees a restart before advancing he throws out results and sims the game, simple as that. And no explanation needed...

I love this OD, but if this continues, I think that the majority will get frustrated and look elsewhere for a more sim style of league.

ps- if change is on the board, then we will do it at season's end.

Bucc I have NO issue with your game play or style, your as SIM as they come and knew you felt the same way...I'm all for the NO RESTART RULE...and would love if players put in 2 and 3 string QB late in big wins..this whole nonsense about not being able to control the score of the game is bunk....there is no exuse for anyone scoring more then 70 ever...
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 11:38 am

titangator wrote:

I SAY SIM
Titan...you are one impressive young man....well said young son...well said....you are a man beyond your years...I agree wholeheartedly
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 Week 9 Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next