Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2011 Week 9 Discussion

Go down 
+4
Coach Gruden
BucNutts
titangator
axspecialk
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
titangator

titangator

2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 11:49 am

yea chris and buc, we all need to be on SAME page, thats the only way this works...

Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 11:54 am

btw, are we advancing tonight?
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 12:27 pm

doubt it titan. I think that there are still a few games left. Plus football tomorrow, I would hope for adv by tomorrow night
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 12:41 pm

BucNutts wrote:
doubt it titan. I think that there are still a few games left. Plus football tomorrow, I would hope for adv by tomorrow night

i think all gms are done?
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 4:13 pm

Well the tribe has spoken.

We shouldn't make any slider adjustments for the rest of the year like last time this issue came up, but anyone who puts up more than +28 on a CPU opponent will have their game tossed out. Throwing 70 times a game is a fucking joke. I'm not calling you out Coke, I'm just being honest. Anyone who remotely THINKS that's okay or even treis defending that should go join one of the other OD's on PS3. I can understand the race for the Heisman, which you're well ahead of anyone else. 4000 yards through 8 weeks... and THEN throwing the ball 70 times.

I have to say I'm pretty surprised but that shit will not go on.

I may put up big numbers on a consistent basis myself but when it gets out of hand, I use my backups. I've never had an issue with my QB putting up big numbers but my senior wideout averages about 120 a game and my back sometimes goes over 200. As long as it's not a close, back and forth game - he comes out and my backup takes as many handoffs as possible.

So, like I said unless it's a close game... take your fuckin starters out. Not only is this game more inclined to injure players that get too many touches, it's simply ruining it for the others who DO play sim and their players actually had a good season... they should be able to challenge for awards and not have a fucking slope to climb because only a few others aren't playing fair. Ax, not being a dick trying to call you out... but Cokan finnally got the memo, I don't wanna see huge 80 point games with Malcom playing into the fourth either. Use backups, let's get back to our roots guys. It's a new video game, not a new dynasty we've got here.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 8:50 pm

as you probably already know, i agree with everything thats been said. the sliders do really need to be cranked up. games against the cpu, it seems the only thing in question is, how much you will beat them by. a cpu team beating a user, should not be a once in a lifetime experience. perennial powerhouses should not be blown out by 30 and 40 points. thats just not sim. and don't even get me started on the restarts thing. we're all adults. we really should be able to take a loss.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 8:58 pm

completely agree goat, and macc, agree with what you said too...

people need to grow up on the restarts... we should have no restarts unless you can actually PROVE something went wrong.... which will be very hard lol

and come on guys, lets get an advance in! I NEED A FIXIN!
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 10:31 pm

I say crank the fucking sliders up now I was trying to prove a point with my CPU games this shit isn't even fun I beat tech 89 to 0 and didn't pass the ball one time after the first half... Ya my numbers are completely unreal which shows that the sliders are way to easy and people don't call me out and say I'm not pointing fingers that's annoying that's like me telling you to fuck off and then saying but no offense lol but I'm glad you called me out that was my plan to get the sliders adjusted
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 10:32 pm

glad we all agree we need the sliders adjusted then
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 10:47 pm

cokanblues wrote:
I say crank the fucking sliders up now I was trying to prove a point with my CPU games this shit isn't even fun I beat tech 89 to 0 and didn't pass the ball one time after the first half... Ya my numbers are completely unreal which shows that the sliders are way to easy and people don't call me out and say I'm not pointing fingers that's annoying that's like me telling you to fuck off and then saying but no offense lol but I'm glad you called me out that was my plan to get the sliders adjusted

Bullshit cokan. You weren't proving a point because you never MADE a point that the sliders are too easy, your covering your tracks.

Adjustments will be made in the offseason, I say CPU pass defence is defneitely adjusted way up, maybe even CPU run defence.
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 11:52 pm

Ha your a douche macc it's a game stop trying to argue with me adjust those sliders I'm still going to b throwin 4 500 yards a game that's just my offensive style I honestly could give 2 shits about covering mytracks. I haven't won the heisman yet and I don't care if I do. If it's that easy to put up those numbers than obviously the sliders are too easy and need to be adjusted
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 12:14 am

Alright guys, lets all chill out a bit. We have all said our peace, and the consensus is that we will make some adjustments at the end of the season. We will need to evaluate all apsects of the sliders, and come up with the best formula to get a real feel sim style games against our CPU opponents.

I for one think we also need to go to a no restart rule, even if a d/c happens, or power goes out..etc...if the commish sees a resart before advancing, then he throws it out and it gets simmed. This is the only way to stop the restarting. It may not seem fair, but I guarantee that you will not see as many restarts. If you lose to the CPU so be it, you can still reach your goals and move up in prestige without going to a BCS bowl EVERY year.

As far as this year goes, tone it down a bit, use some backups if you get up big. Just be mature about it. No more calling people out, etc... We all want this OD to be successful for many years to come, so in order to do so, we need to be able to discuss things without the harsh calling out, bring up you gripe and post some suggestions. Easy as that.

I am out to watch some football..peace
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 12:26 am

The week is advanced.. .n in regards to me being called out.. I had One stupid game n that was the 90 pointer against texas tech n honestly I did that in response to cookans 10 td game the week before.. I did put 70 on iowa state but its iowa state.. Other than that I score 40 to 50 a game n play the cpu the same way I play user games. In every user game I have had I have scored like 40 n malcom has gone for over 300 n 4 tds.. I lack a running game. So plz with calling me out. I owned up for my one week of utter stupidity. Now as far as the sliders go every is saying make them tougher but guys are dropping games as they are now so the slider are being set to me n cookans curve? Is that fair? Idc whatever u guys wanna do but I don't wanna hear ne bitching about ppl dropping 3 n 4 games.. Cause some are struggling as is.. Its funny I'm the one borught up the outrageiousness no one else said shit n now everyoine is fed up.. Lol very funny...
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 12:34 am

im not necessarily fed up with anything... i think more people were referring to cokans numbers honestly Ax, and I know i am probably one of the people you say are struggling and im all for the slide changes if it makes the ENTIRE dynasty more competitive overall, if that means i drop 4 or 5 games, then so be it... i just dont like the completely unrealistic numbers that go up sometime, and you did it 1 week.... like i said in another post, that happens every now and then, sometimes somebody absolutley has one hell of a game, i mean youd could have 2 long passes and have 180 or 190 yards, then add your normal passes and you could get to 450 or 500, but not EVERY week....
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 12:35 am

btw, gah i hope i got a commit this week lol
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 1:41 am

cokanblues wrote:
Ha your a douche macc it's a game stop trying to argue with me adjust those sliders I'm still going to b throwin 4 500 yards a game that's just my offensive style I honestly could give 2 shits about covering mytracks. I haven't won the heisman yet and I don't care if I do. If it's that easy to put up those numbers than obviously the sliders are too easy and need to be adjusted

Haha real mature. I'm a douche eh? I'm the one whose trying to step up for everyone else whose made a point that your stats are completely unrealistic because obviously somebody has to. You've always had a problem being a little BITCH about playing sim. No fucking wonder you've won so many NCs bro.

I don't care about 500 yards a game, personally I don't even care about this. But when senior members that have beena round since day one who NEVER complain like Goat, I've got to step in and say something because... let's not forget I did start this. I try not to hold that over anyones head ever, all of your opinions are just as important as mine I don't make decisions by myself ever so don't take that the wrong way anyone.

You WERE covering up your tracks, throwing the ball 70 times isn't proving a fucking point. It's being unrealistic. Wake up and realize what the fuck you say sometimes, you put your fuckin foot in your mouth everytime you post.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 1:44 am

axspecialk wrote:
The week is advanced.. .n in regards to me being called out.. I had One stupid game n that was the 90 pointer against texas tech n honestly I did that in response to cookans 10 td game the week before.. I did put 70 on iowa state but its iowa state.. Other than that I score 40 to 50 a game n play the cpu the same way I play user games. In every user game I have had I have scored like 40 n malcom has gone for over 300 n 4 tds.. I lack a running game. So plz with calling me out. I owned up for my one week of utter stupidity. Now as far as the sliders go every is saying make them tougher but guys are dropping games as they are now so the slider are being set to me n cookans curve? Is that fair? Idc whatever u guys wanna do but I don't wanna hear ne bitching about ppl dropping 3 n 4 games.. Cause some are struggling as is.. Its funny I'm the one borught up the outrageiousness no one else said shit n now everyoine is fed up.. Lol very funny...

I used you as a skapegoat, I'm mostly pissed about Cokan because I don't think your numbers are crazy Ax. Maybe to the one receiver, but who am I to say when my receiving yardage is about 50% to one guy to. You've got to play to your strengths, for me Jon Baldwin goes up and makes catches. He turns incompletions into big gains. Sorry Ax I couldn't just say one person. Although now that COkan replied the way he did, I wish I would've.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 4:18 am

I would suggest that it's not cool to call each other names....on a side note....maybe coke numbers are legit....watching Oregon rape New Mexico State, it's 59-0 at half....New Mexico has 50 yards of total O.....Cliff Harris has two punt returns for TD, he is the back up...Kenjon Barner playing for suspended L James had 170 yards rushing 70 yards rec...and 5 TD...i take it back coke and K have it right...run it up bitches....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Week 9 Discussion   2011 Week 9 Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 Week 9 Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2