Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Week Five Discussion

Go down 
+4
Coach Gruden
BucNutts
luvtotha9s
LongGONE24
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Week Five Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyMon 14 Dec 2009, 11:53 pm

Damn Week 4 opened the fuck outta this years season right away.

GOTW
#8 TCU (2-0) @ #7 Iowa (3-0)
- There's only going to be four possible undefeated records after this week after this game. From what I've heard it's a burner that goes to the fourth every time so I can't wait to see the results. If Bucc's brother in law comes in and takes a win not only is he a NC guarentee - I'm going to suggest to watch out boys. He's put up serious game against one of our very best last week and has the chance to guarentee himself a position in the NC with a win against TCU.

#22 Cincinnati (4-0) @ Notre Dame (3-1)
- Had to show Clevmire some love here coz isn't that just FUCKED up the way that's worked out? I put ND as a random before the coach controversy was even around. It'll be a heated game I'm sure and I'll expect Mardy Gilyard to have something to say about Coach Kelley leaving.

Heisman Hopefuls
3) Mardy Gilyard WR CIN
- Yup. Who would've thought right? A 220 yard 8 catch 3 TD preformance put Mr. Gilyard right in the mix. I believe the first time Coach Clevmire's had a player in Heisman contention and if he stays healthy - he could have a nice early lead to build on.

5)Jonathan Dwyer HB GT
- Dwyer had an average day last week for the media and what he probably call "a pathetic day" so we look for GT to really bounce right back against Mississippi State as JD has that meanstreak that brings him to the next level. Dwyer's still in there this week, he just needs to have a big day if he wants to move up the list.

On the hoof

Toby Gerhart HB STAN
- Toby Garhart is a bowling ball. He's among the leaders in rushers and rushing TDs and he's really one monster game away from being right in there. He gets a lot of touches per game and has proven to be quite durable.

Ricky Stanzi QB IOWA
- I don't know if it's just the way games have worked out for him so far or that his running ability really limits his need to throw the ball but I don't know if EA would be smart enough to recognize a high efficiency rating over the course of a season should beat out yardage but if this remains as his average I think it could be very possible.

Let's get'r done quick. One user game I'm sure you guys will get it in tonight though.

Last edited by Macc24Est89 on Tue 15 Dec 2009, 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 12:07 am

sounds like a nice session
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 12:27 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
sounds like a nice session

Aww man I was in my glory out in the garage. Freestylin had my coffee allready and everything.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:28 am

Yes we will be playing tonight sometime for sure. Im nervous bout this game, always am against my bro...he is good, and we know each other so well, its all about breaking away from our tendencies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: UCLA vs STANFORD   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:46 am

UCLA VS STANFORD

Week Five Discussion Tn_1951_Stanford_vs_UCLA

UCLA VS STANFORD
LIVE TV: 7:00 PST FOX SPORTS NW
LINE: STANFORD -9 OVER/UNDER (51)
TEMP: 71

Week Five Discussion 10147112_18_2

Week Five Discussion 123952

1st QT
UCLA 7
STANFORD 7

2nd QT
UCLA 7
STANFORD 21

Week Five Discussion UCLAvsStanfordsized

3rd QT
UCLA 14
STANFORD 21

FINAL SCORE
UCLA 17
STANFORD 24

NOTES*The Cardinal played a sluggish 2nd half...started off hot, but injury hit WR R Whalen, out for 4 wks....and A Luck got knocked out in the 3rd QT....backup T Pritchard did his best to manage the rest of the game, but threw a pick six to cut the lead to 7...UCLA hit a FG to gut the lead to 4...but then T Gerhart took over punishing the Bruin D to run out the clock...Huge game next week vs the Beavers!

STANFORD STATS
Passing A LUCK 17-19 1 TD
Rushing T GERHART 26-160 2 TD
Receiving C OWUSU 8-34 1 TD
Tackles D HOWELL 5 Solo

Last edited by zscott10 on Tue 15 Dec 2009, 10:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:47 am

Oregon State won their second game in a row today, against #24 Arizona State 41-16. although the Sundevils kept Quizz in check on the ground, they could not contain him through the air. Coupled with two pick-6s for Sophomore SS Lance Mitchell, and Ben Terrys school record 5 sack day, Oregon State was happy to finally escape a close game...the Beavs head into their much anticipated showdown with Stanford next week
Canfield 11-23 196yds 1td
Quizz 20att 54yds 2td's 5rec 117yds
J. Stevenson 3att 13yds 1td
K Kristick 13tkls 1TFL 1INT
L Mitchell 11tkls 2INTS 179yds 2TDS
B Terry 9tkls 7TFL 5sacks
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 2:01 am

McCluster has Ole Miss thinking Heisman!!

Week Five Discussion 8e0d906f6bde5c5

The Rebels pounded the Commodores in SEC play today 47-7. Dexter McCluster had a huge part in the victory scoring four touchdowns, three different ways.

Dexter McCluster WR/RB
5 receptions
120 receiving yards
1 receiving TD
7 carries
139 rushing yards
2 rushing TDs
6 punt returns
160 punt return yards
1 punt return TD
420 total yards 4 TDs

"It was an awesome game out there, we really needed a big win to help the team morale right now. We were a team that thought we were going undefeated and the Stanford loss really hurt us but I'm glad for the first week we could put that behind us and come out so strong. I owe all of my success to the front O Line, if they don't win the battle in the trenches there's no way I've got room to run or time to get open. Great team effort and we're glad to have our #1 QB back for sure," Dex had to say before taking off to celebrate with his team.

Week Five Discussion 6a
Dexter's 88 yard Punt Return TD

Ray Cotton came back from his injury and managed the game well for the Rebels. He contributed offensively with 363 yards and 3 TDs. His lone INT on the day went back for 6, something that he says needs to immediately be addressed.

"I know I will have much more success when I learn to use my speed, get out of the pocket and get rid of the ball. Right now I'm just trying to stand back there and make plays, I'll take a few big licks for the team. I just want to continue to improve making my reads and distributing the ball to all of our targets on our receiving corps. Besides the pick 6, I couldn't be happier about my first start back from rehabilitation," Cotton said.

Coach Macc has confirmed Ray Cotton will continue to start at QB for the Rebels.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 2:05 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
Coupled with two pick-6s for Sophomore SS Lance Mitchell

My boy SS Johnny Brown had a nice day as well, he recorded his 5th sack and 2nd INT today... has 26 tackles and 7 TFL on his resume as well so it looks to me like we've got an early battle for the Thorpe pannin' out...
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 3:41 am

i feel like im cheerleading right now cause i have no games lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 4:10 am

Battle of Unbeatens Sways Iowa's Way 38-31

Iowa City---

In a battle of unbeatens and two evenly matched teams, turnovers and big plays can play a crucial part in the game. And that thinking lived up to the billing, as #7 Iowa capitalized on turnovers and special teams TD's en route to a 38-31 victory, propelling themselves to the front of the NC picture.

The Hawkeyes used the big play in the first quarter to quickly go up 14-0 as Hampton sprints 60+ yards to open the scoring, followed by a tipped INT that set up the Hawks with great field position inside the red zone. TE Moeki caught a TD to start the thought to be onslaught.

However, TCU battled back with a lengthy drive of its own, settling down and showing a balanced offense, as Turner found the endzone inside the 5yard line.

However, the end of the second quarter and beginning of the 3rd quarter saw the momentum pendulem sway towards Iowa in a big way. Iowa scored on a fumbled KO return by TCU, and on the ensuing possession another tipped pass fluttered and a DT caught it and ran it in from 50 yards out, making the score 38-17.

TCU showed toughness and patience as they methodically moved the ball again scoring to bring the game within 38-24. Iowa's run offense was clicking even with Hampton injured the second half, and they started to milk the clock. That is when a questionable play call by Iowa's OC brought TCU right back in the game, leading by two scores, and draining the 4 quarter clock, they dialed up a pass play on 3rd and long, the Horned Frogs DC, drew up a nice zone blitz and made Stanzi flutter the ball right into All-American Jerry Hughes big paws, and he scampered for a long score to draw with 7 points " That was a huge play by our main guy there, we needed a spark and that was it, unfortunatly it wasnt enough today" TCU held Iowa to a 3 and out and forced a punt. With less that 2:00 left TCU converts a 4th down and short and sets up shop inside the red zone where the game was ended by a one-handed INT along the sideline by All-Star CB Spivey.

"I thought we battled adversity well today, considering how much we got down by....but when two great teams play, TO battle will more than likely decide the outcome, and we fell short with 4 TO's to their one....we each had a defensive score, but their Special Teams score really put us in a hole, but give credit to them..that is a great football team, and we will be better for it"

"Now we gotta prepare ourselves for the tough BIG 12 South season, with top 5 Oklahoma coming up next"

Player of the Game

Joseph Turner- 51 yards rushing 1 TD; 33 yards receiving 1 TD
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 4:48 am

wow that puts iowa in the drivers seat.... so cinci ..iowa stanford and pitt are the only undefeated teams with cinci and pitt having to play for the confrence and perhaps a shot a a nc and stanford playing for the pac 10 and his shot next week against oregon state.... man no lie this is the best season i have been in so far we are gonna fight it out..... gg guys.. makes my loss to him not feel as bad he got bucc too lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 4:54 am

Yea I remember him telling me about your game, and how he had a KO return fumble thing against you, and a defensive score, and I was like here we go again with the same crap...luckily I was able to keep the damage to a minimum and at least give me a chance in the end.

I play a brutal schedule in the south, OU, Texas, Tech, OSU, and throw in Nebraska...hopefully I will see you in the BIG 12 Champ game.....
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 6:05 am

I agree this is one of the most wide open seasons I've ever seen. I think there will be more than capability of somebody making the National Championship with a 1 loss. Could the Rebels loss early and the idea of them winning out in a large margin put them in the game?
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 6:37 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
I agree this is one of the most wide open seasons I've ever seen. I think there will be more than capability of somebody making the National Championship with a 1 loss. Could the Rebels loss early and the idea of them winning out in a large margin put them in the game?

ya I am hoping a close loss wont move me too far down, and If I run the table, and am lucky enough to be Kansas in the Champ game, I might be in position...but then again...wont a pac-10 team, the winner of Stanford & Oregon state...be in the drivers seat too?
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 6:41 am

Well oregon state has 1 loss so if they won it would but basically everybody in the one loss boat
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 6:56 am

OOO ok...well GO BEAVERS lol...no offence Zscott Very Happy

Last edited by BucNutts on Tue 15 Dec 2009, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 6:58 am

Dont you mean sorry zscott10...clevmire is Cincy
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Jackets Offense Explodes in Demolition of Bulldogs   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 7:04 am

Week Five Discussion Miss_s10

Tech Battles Adversity to Bounce Back from First Loss

Atlanta, Georgia-One week after a heartbreaking loss to Carolina and following four key suspension many wondered how the Yellow Jackets would fair against the red hot BUlldogs. It seemed to take the new starters a while to get their sea-legs but once they did the game turned into a beating. After Tech scored on it's first possession things started to go Mississippi State's way. First Lee hooked up with McRae for a 50 yard touchdown pass. Then after a poor pass from Nesbitt that was picked off, his only mistake of the game. The Bulldogs struck again, this time on a third-and-twelve. Lee again dropped back to pass and fired a bullet to Wilder just past the sticks. A miscue on the ball by a a replacement Tech saftey, Lockhart, Wilder easily ran the rest of the distance for a 82-yard score. Suddenly it looked like the suspension of the top safety and corner would come back to bite Johnson, but the newbies were able to settle down. From then on in Georgia Tech dominated on both sides of the ball. After the rough start the defense only gave up 75 yards the rest of the game. "Our defense really settled in nicely after a few critical mistakes. We needed some people to step up and they did," said Johnson of his defense's performance. The offense would score three more times before half, Nesbitt, Dwyer, and Peeples, to take a 28-14 lead at the break. "Those three were terrific today. They everything we asked of them. I'm especially proud of Embry (Peeples) for the way he came in for his first start today (22 Car, 164 Yards, 2 TDs)," Coach Johnson on the offensive production. Georgia Tech was able to match it's first half total of 28 points with another 28 points to make the final 56-14. The offense complied a staggering 627 yards of offense, 449 on the ground. Nesbitt threw for a season high 178 yards and only had two incompletion, one a drop the other the bad interception. "We finally saw the total package out of Josh (Nesbitt) today. For the first time all year he looked really comfortable. To throw and rush for almost 300 yards combined (178 pass and 111 rush) is really special. If you take away the one interception he played as close to perfect as a quarterback can get in this offense," said Johnson of Nesbitt's outstanding game. Of course we have mentioned a lot about the performance of Peeple and Nesbitt, but don't forget about Ol' Faithful Jonathan Dwyer. Dwyer also chipped in with 140 yards rushing and 3 TDs on a meager 19 carries. Johnson has not yet given word on whether or not the suspended players will be back next week, but for now it seems Georgia Tech will be just fine without them. Next week will provide another great test as Georgia Tech takes it's show on the road to Tallahassee, where they have never won, to take on the improving Seminoles.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 7:52 am

Anyone online know the status? I *HOPE* to advance tonight.
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 8:08 am

Last I checked we still had three or four left to play. My bro will do his later tonight but he is at a basketball game now
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 8:42 am

4 left to play
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 9:37 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
Dont you mean sorry zscott10...clevmire is Cincy

ya I meant him lol
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 10:19 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
4 left to play

Agghhh. I wanted to play another game tonight I'm on a roll!
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 10:33 am

Looksl like Cincy and Stanford are in the midst of playin...leaving Pitt and Arky.....

Pitt will play tonight...but has anyone heard from DMT? Seems that he has been pretty busy lately....are we going to wait it out tonight if everyone but Arky has played?

Just a question..not accusing, or saying we advance
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 10:42 am

No notice to hold the OD, it won't get held... that's the rule.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week Five Discussion   Week Five Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Week Five Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next