Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Week One Discussion

Go down 
+6
DMT1809
luvtotha9s
chAdyP0408
Coach Gruden
axspecialk
LongGONE24
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Week One Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyWed 09 Dec 2009, 10:56 pm

Week one is here boys and we've got plenty to look around at in the OD. You're Pre-Season All Americans are up, you're front 5 for the Heisman are up and now you can identify who your enemies this season will be. I made the schedules as even as possible everyone got at least an A- (don't worry Ax I got you, you're A+) and everyone can blow week one WIDE open with some big games from their playmakers.

GOTW
19 TCU @ Arkansas
- Big time user match up to start the season off. Somebody leaves week one with a huge win, somebody leaves with a goose egg in the loss column. Both good, solid users so I'm excited to see the results. Please contact eachother for your user game time, I know DMTs usually on late (7PM EST around) so try and get it tonight so we can (hopefully) advance tommorrow.

User Player All Americans
HB Jonathon Dwyer (Georgia Tech) has made the first team All-American team. We'll see how he does this week.
WR Mardy Gilyard (Cincinnatti) has made the second team All-American
RT John Jerry (Ole Miss) and DE Greg Hardy (Ole Miss) have also made the second team.

The panel will be back in an hour to discuss results of the Ole Miss/Nebraska game.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 12:50 am

Well its a new year and this year the Jayhawks opened up their season against the Louisville Cardinals in the Bird Bowl...

This one would be over by the half.."Our guys been working hard in two a days and all off season.. he it feels like we played a whole other season gettin ready for this one so i knew what to expect of our guys out there today.."said Coach Santana when asked how he felt about his teams play. Kale Cooper opens his season with a BANG! 23-29 421 yards in the air..9 carries 52 yards on the ground 6 total td... Kale was asked about the hiesman, this was his response " Heisman... ME? u guys play too much Ncaa 10.. *he laughs* That not important its early in the season we need wins and thats all we are focused on.." His favorite target was his slot receiver Freshman Chris Omigie who had 11 catches for 209 and 2 td. "They kept puttin thiner line backer on me and im fast out the slot ..so i was open alot.." Said Omigie his fellow receiver Mcdougald 6 catches 97 yds 3 td.. The young Kansas team looked good today against an inferior opponent in Louisville. Great way to start the season

Final Score KU 56 UL 13...
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 1:48 am

can someone tell me if Stanford plays in week 1, and vs who?...so I can do my pre game report...sorry at work away from my ps3 and bored Smile
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 2:08 am

I can tell you in about 40 minutes if you can wait or unless nobody beats me to it
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 2:10 am

I beat u to it lol umm Stanford hits the road to take on the Washington State Cougars...
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 2:26 am

Oregon State won their home opener against #23 West Virginia today 31-14
Canfield was steady and efficent 18-27 234yds 2tds
Quizz Rodgers 39att 177yds 2tds 2rec 7yds
James Rodgers 6 rec 78yds 1td 3att 10yds 3kr 71yds 23.6avg 2pr 12yds 6.0 avg
Damola Adeniji 4 rec 58yds
Joe Halahuni 2 rec 46yds 1td
Olb Keaton Kristick lead Beaver tacklers with 8, including 2TFL
a huge game against #7 Ohio State awaits the Beavers in week two
Coach 9's although not overwhelmed, is pretty pleased with his squad heading into a huge game for the Beaver program...
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 2:29 am

axspecialk wrote:
I beat u to it lol umm Stanford hits the road to take on the Washington State Cougars...

Dang man I can't believe you lol
Back to top Go down
DMT1809

DMT1809

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 2:33 am

i added him on psn idk when we gona play but ima be in the house the ajority of the day so whenever he's ready we'll get it in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 2:34 am

axspecialk wrote:

thanks bro...
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 2:35 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
Oregon State won their home opener against #23 West Virginia today 31-14
Canfield was steady and efficent 18-27 234yds 2tds
Quizz Rodgers 39att 177yds 2tds 2rec 7yds
James Rodgers 6 rec 78yds 1td 3att 10yds 3kr 71yds 23.6avg 2pr 12yds 6.0 avg
Damola Adeniji 4 rec 58yds
Joe Halahuni 2 rec 46yds 1td
Olb Keaton Kristick lead Beaver tacklers with 8, including 2TFL
a huge game against #7 Ohio State awaits the Beavers in week two
Coach 9's although not overwhelmed, is pretty pleased with his squad heading into a huge game for the Beaver program...

nice win for the beavs!
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 3:13 am

Guys I loaded the game quick while I was making some coffee came back and started it with the wrong playbook. When I started the second time something came up and I had to leave the house quick, I came back and my brother had exited the game and started playing MW2. I'm going to get my game in now sorry for the restarts.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Stanford vs Washington State   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 3:46 am

STANFORD VS WASHINGTON STATE

Week One Discussion 639-Martin_Stadium_A.standalone.prod_affiliate.13

TEMP: 60
GAME TIME: 5:00 PST
NO LIVE TV
LINE STANFORD -9 OVER/UNDER (57)

STANFORD 0-0
WASHINGTON STATE 0-0

1st QT
Stanford 7
WSU 0

2nd QT
Stanford 21
WSU 7

3nd QT
Stanford 31
WSU 7

Final
Stanford 52
WSU 13

Final Stats
Passing A Luck 17-20 206 2TD
Rushing T Gerhart 26-190 4TD
Receiving C Owusu 6-56 0TD
Tackles C Snyder 6 Solo

Last edited by zscott10 on Thu 10 Dec 2009, 9:57 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 4:14 am

Horned Frogs stick to the Ground Game, En Route to a convincing 42-7 Week 1 Victory

Fayetteville---

Week 1 always gives teams a barometer of where they stand. If this game was any indicator watch out for the Horned Frogs this year, as a dominant ground attack and defense led the way to a big victory.

Behind star player J. Turner, and Freshman RB Tucker..the Frogs racked up over 300 yards on the ground. Turner led the attack with 24 car, 173 yards, and 4TD's. While Tucker pitched in 119 yards himself. "The o-Line did an outstanding job today neutralizing a solid SEC defensive front 7" Coach Patterson explains. "On the road if you can control the tempo of the game with a solid rushing attack and use the clock, you stand a good chance of winning"..."we still have plenty to work on as teams will adjust to our style, but thats the greatness of football..making adjustments"

As solid as the offense was, the TCU vaunted defense held Arkansas to 73 total yards...very impressive showing against a great QB and solid playmankers. " OUr D did an excellent job of getting pressure, and making them one-dimensional...With Mallett back there throwing it around, you have to get him outta rythm and we did a solid job of getting pressure with our front 4, and blitz packages."

TCU is happy to start off with a win, as the OOC schedule looks tough with Pitt, and Iowa on the horizon

Players of The Game:

J. Turner- 24 rushes, 173 yards, 4TD's
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 4:17 am

Man EA tried to stick it to me ALL game. Some over/under throws that I just know were result of AI just trying their best to not let me move the chains. I got frustrated but stuck with it and am glad I was able to kick the game winning field goal with time expiring.

---

The Ole Miss Rebels Steal One From Nebraska At Home

Coach Macc's Ole Miss Rebels entered Lincoln this afternoon and Coach competed in what he called "one of the toughest games of his career". The Cornhusker defence kept pressure up on Rebels quarterbacks all day and even put starter Ray Cotton out for four weeks. All American Jevan Snead took over for the snaps moving the chains extremely well despite Coach Macc's decision to remove the starter position from him.

"Coach did what he had to do and made a decision that he felt would help us win games. I couldn't believe it myself and I'm really sorry Ray went down but I got my chance to shine today and it looks like I'll continue to have that chance for the next couple weeks while we wait and see how Ray responds," Jevan said.

The Cornhuskers looked like they would dominate from the get go. Cotton through two picks before leaving the game, both of which on horrible decisions to throw the ball. He finished with 83 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs.

When Snead entered the game he was red hot. He completed his first six of six but on the opening drive when the Rebels returned the kick off in the second half, on his very first pass he was barely tapped by a linemen when throwing and it flopped in the air and right into the hands of the defence.

"I'm very impressed with how Jevan responded. I know he's not my biggest fan but we're certainly glad he was able to step up and win the game for us today. Great clock management and calm, moxy pocket presence was something the coaching staff hadn't seen all spring and makes us wonder if naming Ray the starter was the right decision. Jevan's our guy for the next few games and depending on how well he plays - it could remain perminant,"

Snead finished today with 220 yards on 16 completetions on 22 attempts. He was picked off twice but to his credit they were very... odd turns of events (FUCK YOU EA).

Dexter McCluster had a solid day at the ball field catching 8 balls for 121 yards. He had a few returns for some big yardage but what made him stand out was his ability to beat double coverage, seperate from presses and go up and make catches.

"People forget this kid is 5 foot 8. He was going up and catching balls over linebackers all game. We know he's a deep threat but what really impressed us about Dex today was his ability to go up and get balls, just like a tight end would,"

Speaking of tight ends, Snead has a new found target in true freshman Ferbia Allen. The tight end was making huge plays all game including a 57 yard play action pass that Allen caught maybe 5 yards ahead of the LOS. Allen went up, made the play, ran the safety right over and had enough speed to go high stepping into the endzone for his second touchdown of the game. Allen received game ball honours after a 4 reception 87 yard day.

Safety play was crucal today. FS Kendrick Lewis lead Rebel defenders with 11 Tackles and SS Johnny Brown was the defensive standout accounting for 8 tackles, 5 TFL and 3 sacks. Brown has Rebel faithful screaming Thorpe Award allready.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 5:06 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
Man EA tried to stick it to me ALL game. Some over/under throws that I just know were result of AI just trying their best to not let me move the chains. I got frustrated but stuck with it and am glad I was able to kick the game winning field goal with time expiring.

---

The Ole Miss Rebels Steal One From Nebraska At Home

Coach Macc's Ole Miss Rebels entered Lincoln this afternoon and Coach competed in what he called "one of the toughest games of his career". The Cornhusker defence kept pressure up on Rebels quarterbacks all day and even put starter Ray Cotton out for four weeks. All American Jevan Snead took over for the snaps moving the chains extremely well despite Coach Macc's decision to remove the starter position from him.

"Coach did what he had to do and made a decision that he felt would help us win games. I couldn't believe it myself and I'm really sorry Ray went down but I got my chance to shine today and it looks like I'll continue to have that chance for the next couple weeks while we wait and see how Ray responds," Jevan said.

The Cornhuskers looked like they would dominate from the get go. Cotton through two picks before leaving the game, both of which on horrible decisions to throw the ball. He finished with 83 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs.

When Snead entered the game he was red hot. He completed his first six of six but on the opening drive when the Rebels returned the kick off in the second half, on his very first pass he was barely tapped by a linemen when throwing and it flopped in the air and right into the hands of the defence.

"I'm very impressed with how Jevan responded. I know he's not my biggest fan but we're certainly glad he was able to step up and win the game for us today. Great clock management and calm, moxy pocket presence was something the coaching staff hadn't seen all spring and makes us wonder if naming Ray the starter was the right decision. Jevan's our guy for the next few games and depending on how well he plays - it could remain perminant,"

Snead finished today with 220 yards on 16 completetions on 22 attempts. He was picked off twice but to his credit they were very... odd turns of events (FUCK YOU EA).

Dexter McCluster had a solid day at the ball field catching 8 balls for 121 yards. He had a few returns for some big yardage but what made him stand out was his ability to beat double coverage, seperate from presses and go up and make catches.

"People forget this kid is 5 foot 8. He was going up and catching balls over linebackers all game. We know he's a deep threat but what really impressed us about Dex today was his ability to go up and get balls, just like a tight end would,"

Speaking of tight ends, Snead has a new found target in true freshman Ferbia Allen. The tight end was making huge plays all game including a 57 yard play action pass that Allen caught maybe 5 yards ahead of the LOS. Allen went up, made the play, ran the safety right over and had enough speed to go high stepping into the endzone for his second touchdown of the game. Allen received game ball honours after a 4 reception 87 yard day.

Safety play was crucal today. FS Kendrick Lewis lead Rebel defenders with 11 Tackles and SS Johnny Brown was the defensive standout accounting for 8 tackles, 5 TFL and 3 sacks. Brown has Rebel faithful screaming Thorpe Award allready.

Sounds like a tight game, what was the final score?
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 5:11 am

Ya ea really sucks sometimes bro
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 5:22 am

Hey I have been guilty of it also...but I was notcing the restarts this week. I am not accusing any1 so dont jump on me...just wondering if we are gonna put in place a limit..or some sort of rule as to what constitutes as a reason for restart?

Lets throw around some ideas...I have been in some OD's where you get 2 per season, unless the server crashes while ur playing...and these are against CPU games only..USER games will restart as many times as needed..unless they cannot connect to each other...Just my two cents...but like I said I had some issues also the last OD we had going..so just wondering is all
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 5:26 am

BucNutts wrote:
Hey I have been guilty of it also...but I was notcing the restarts this week. I am not accusing any1 so dont jump on me...just wondering if we are gonna put in place a limit..or some sort of rule as to what constitutes as a reason for restart?

Lets throw around some ideas...I have been in some OD's where you get 2 per season, unless the server crashes while ur playing...and these are against CPU games only..USER games will restart as many times as needed..unless they cannot connect to each other...Just my two cents...but like I said I had some issues also the last OD we had going..so just wondering is all

I agree, something needs to be in place...and I would consider not having a correct playbook as non grounds for a restart, and compare it to a realastic situation that could happen in a real game were maybe a coaching staff hadn't prepared the team as well as they should have and have to struggle through a game?...Anyway, like BucNutts said, not accusing anyone of anything, but we had to manyrestarts due to wrong playbook in the first run on this OD, and agree that it is something we should look at...just my 2cents...
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 5:30 am

I agree with this as well. I do have had my restarts in the first od and think we should put a limit. I like the two a year idea then if you have any more over that you just sim the game or something. I don't really know but we can't keep having so many restarts. But stuff does happen I completely understand that its happened to me.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 6:15 am

Honestly it's pretty unavoidable for me. I play on one of two TVs in my house. Either my dads 46" Samsung or the 37" regular TV in my room. Obviously I'd rather play on the big screen, right? Well sometimes when I think I have enough time for a game and I really don't I'll be kicked out. Sometimes he's just not in the mood to watch or hear me play and decides regardless of the "online dynasty" he'd rather spend his time in the living room elsewise. Majority of the time he's cool about it but sometimes he's not so really it's kind of unavoidable for me at times. For instance today, I had to rush and go pick my mom up because her ride from work to an appointment fell through - like I said when I came back home my dickhead brother was playing MW2.

I don't WANT to put a rule in place because if anybodies anything like me sometimes they can't avoid it. But if it's what you guys want then okay, I'll do it.

How would we possibly penalize someone for this tho? Throw their results out and sim their game?
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 6:28 am

Right, there are sometimes situations that are unavoidable really, I guess that's what makes it so hard to put a limit on it because you never really know what happened. I've been in dynasties before where I knew a guy lost and made up some excuse about his restart. As much as I would like to put a limit I don't know if there is a good way to monitor it because like I said you don't know when a person is lying. So I guess we should just keep it as is and hope people are honest which I believe everybody to be.

If we did decide to put a limit though we could just say you get two a season or whatever and any other games get simmed. Also you could save up your two if you wanted, like if you were playing Duke or some bad team and something happened you could say well just sim this one i will save my restarts for if something happens against a good team or something like.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 6:32 am

Yea I think a 2 restart a season limit is good. Any trust people to be honest...It sucks to take a loss to the CPU but sometimes it happens. Macc...maybe put up a poll on general announcements and see what gets the most votes, and install that decision..

Like 2 a season, don't change, no restarts at all...give some various options and see what the board votes for.

If we do vote for a 2 restart max...then it will just be simmed.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 6:35 am

Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 6:41 am

Anyone in the HQ right now know the status of the OD? I know the user game was played...
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 6:43 am

Ya 3 games need to be played and 3 need to recruit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week One Discussion   Week One Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Week One Discussion
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next