Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion

Go down 
+4
boondock3691
cokanblues
BucNutts
axspecialk
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion   2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 2:12 am

llcoolgrey wrote:
coke he picked you off 8 times??????

8 Ints? Wow...were those all you throwing streaks or those were 8 legit picks

I think Coke said something about just started throwing Hail Mary's at the end?
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion   2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 2:20 am

boondock is a user pick machine.. he got me 4 times in our game..

How are u gonna govern scrambling.. only thing i can think of is u must make an attempt to throw on a passing play.. b4 u scramble but it will still be impossible to stop..
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion   2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 2:23 am

I watched the replay's...

two of the three, IMO, I saw open recievers....so no need to run, Coke was sitting in 9 guys in zone on those plays, but the 5 yard run, there was a short hitch route open...no need to run

Third replay, there was a crossing route open where an easy 5 yard gain...

My thought is this, if your going 5WR your intent better be to pass, unless its a designed QB run, motion into a read option play, etc....if you have 5 guys going into routes, you better be dang sure EVERYONE is covered before taking off...

because, like mentioned before 5WR is going to get you matchups where WR's are open...just the physics of the game...we need to monitor the amount those sets are used, but come on guys be smart about it...
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion   2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 2:41 am

Lol ya I stopped playing after the first quarter bc I was annoyed
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion   2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 2:48 am

Another thing I thought was funny was he was up 24-0 in the fourth and he went for it on 4th and one I stopped him on third he no huddled and ran with his qb for the first it wouldn't let me show the replay on it though
Back to top Go down
llcoolgrey

llcoolgrey

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion   2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 2:51 am

well idk if you remember how mad i got at Boondock for going for it up 14 on my 36 yard line on 4th and 1 with 2 minutes left. I dnt know whats up with that...but he needs to punt the ball on 4th. No justification being up 24-0 and still going for it on 4th
Back to top Go down
http://www.Greymusic.com
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion   2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 3:09 am

punts are definitely needed on mostly all 4th downs.... ESPECIALLY up 24-0

the 5 wide set, I run some, probably 8 or 10 times a game... so I dont think it is fair to say it cant be used that much, I never really run out of it with my quarterback however.... when i first started playing this game on a religous level, i had a tendency to run with the quarterback a whole lot.... the more i play though, this year more than ever, I love sitting in the pocket and trying to pick people apart...

70 point rule - that is pretty fair, as you really rarely see a team putting up this many points... i dont have the ability to score that much anyway lol

the option late pitch - to me is bogus, glitchy, not realistic
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion   2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 4:14 am

titangator wrote:
punts are definitely needed on mostly all 4th downs.... ESPECIALLY up 24-0

the 5 wide set, I run some, probably 8 or 10 times a game... so I dont think it is fair to say it cant be used that much, I never really run out of it with my quarterback however.... when i first started playing this game on a religous level, i had a tendency to run with the quarterback a whole lot.... the more i play though, this year more than ever, I love sitting in the pocket and trying to pick people apart...

70 point rule - that is pretty fair, as you really rarely see a team putting up this many points... i dont have the ability to score that much anyway lol

the option late pitch - to me is bogus, glitchy, not realistic

I have no problem with you or anyone running 5 WR set...and think 8-10 is very realistic...sure some will run it more which seems fine to me esp if your looking to throw most of the time....going for it on 4th down in those situations are not proper...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion   2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2014 Conference Championship Week Discussion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3