Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2018 PITT Recruiting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

2018 PITT Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: 2018 PITT Recruiting   2018 PITT Recruiting EmptyFri 17 Dec 2010, 1:56 am

2018 PITT Recruiting Pitt_logo
2018 UOFPITT FOOTBALL RECRUITING TRAIL
Where you can smoke all the weed, play all the football and win all the championships at once

HARD COMMITMENTS

WR T.J Burton 6'5 192.lbs Weiser,ID (#2WR, #5 OVR ESPNU150) *****
T Fred Gutierrez 6'4 290.lbs York, PA (#3 T, #16 OVR ESPNU150) *****
QB Sterling Johnson 6'4 222.lbs Renton, WA (#5QB, #40 OVR ESPNU150) ****
FS John Wolfe 6'3 220.lbs Longview, TX (#1 FS, #55OVR ESPNU150) ****
G Gary Jones 6'1 283.lbs Abingdon, VA (#4 G, #57OVR ESPNU150) ****
WR Billy Brown 6'4" 177.lbs Plattsburgh, NY (#10 WR, #78 OVR ESPNU150) ****
DE Malcolm Hill 6'1 227.lbs Hampton, PA (#7 DE, #84OVR ESPNU150) ****
TE Eric Palmer 6'5 227.lbs Findlay, OH (#3 TE, #86OVR, ESPNU150) ****
QB Braylon Riley 6'4 187.lbs Laguna Hills, CA (#15 QB, #196OVR) ****
CB Fred Smith 6'1 184.lbs Toledo, OH (#6 CB, #209OVR) ****
MLB Corey Stevens 6'2 244.lbs Woonsocket, RI (#7 MLB, #225OVR) ****
CB Lorenzo Cooper 5'11 197.lbs Harrodsburg, KY (#9 CB, #261 OVR) ****
FB Elliot Jones 5'10 229.lbs Bristol, PA (#8 FB) *

Last edited by LongGONE24 on Thu 23 Dec 2010, 11:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2018 PITT Recruiting   2018 PITT Recruiting EmptyFri 17 Dec 2010, 2:03 am

2018 PITT Recruiting JW-WALSH-2_150_8_8
BRAYLON RILEY
Pro Style QB
Laguna Hills, CA
Position Rank #15
Overall Rank #196
ESPN Rating * * * *

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 187 .lbs
40: 4.90
Shuttle: 4.5
Bench Max: 271

STRENGTHS
+ Arm Strength
+ Intangibles
+ Toughness

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
- Mobility
- Size

We will get to find out who is the best quarterback in the state of California when Riley undoubtedly takes on Riverside QB Travis Jones later this season, but as of right now Riley may very well own the strongest arm in the west. He has a rifle for an arm and makes great decisions for a young QB. He's your prototype pocket passer and his 6'4" height will allow him to see over battling linemen and keep his eyes down field. Riley could really benefit from adding some more weight to his frame, since he'll be in the pocket most of the time he'll need the size to take punishment. At the size he's at now, he's allready got outstanding toughness, his HS coach says he hasn't missed a snap of playing time since minor football.

Riley finished his junior season with 2,298 yards passing with 15 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. He claims a 270pound max bench, 275 pound squat max and a 4.9 40 time.

Riley is considering the opportunity of being a dual-sport athlete in college, he's a star baseball player in the state of California. He plays center field for his high school and won player of the year in the state of California his junior season. Riley hit for an average of .355 with 9HR 28SB.

Riley - "I can manage a game, I like to stay in the pocket and work down field. I'm the type of player teammates can count on to make a big play. I use all of my weapons and keep the defence off balance doing so,"

"I like running a pro, west-coast style of offense. I've grown up playing with outstanding running backs and I like to get the ball in their hands in the passing game. I preach timing on my passes and I am going to work hard to perfect my accuracy,"

"As far as baseball goes, I'm just focusing on football right now,"

Last edited by LongGONE24 on Sun 19 Dec 2010, 11:21 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2018 PITT Recruiting   2018 PITT Recruiting EmptyFri 17 Dec 2010, 4:43 am

2018 PITT Recruiting DAVARISDANIELS12_11150
BILLY BROWN
Triple Threat Receiver (Junior College)
Plattsburgh, NY
Position Rank #10
Overall Rank #78
ESPN Rating * * * *

Wt: 177 .lbs
40: 4.32
Shuttle: 4.44
Bench Max: 301

STRENGTHS
+ Speed
+ Hands and Concentration
+ Size

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
- Elusiveness

What could be the best breed of size, speed and hands from a receiver coming into the Big East in years. Brown has the ability to blow past even the fastest D1 corners and he never has any problems with drops. With 4.32 speed and hands like a venus fly trap, to go along with his 6'4" frame he shouldn't have a problem seeing many looks early. He can adjust to the ball in air and make the amazing grab, or he can fly right past you for the catch and score. He's a dynamic receiver, reminisicent of big play ability like DeSean Jackson at Cal.

Billy finished his freshman year in junior college with 894 yards receiving 15 touchdowns. He claims a 301 pound bench max, 255 pound squat and a 4.32 40 time.

Brown - "I can make big plays and I can be a very lethal receiver. I've got that cerebral mentality when a ball is in the air,"

"I like working out of a pass-heavy offense. I like to be the wideout but I'm not afraid to go over the middle and make a catch. I'm just at my best when I'm on the outside in single coverage. I'll blow past any corner,"

Last edited by LongGONE24 on Sun 19 Dec 2010, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2018 PITT Recruiting   2018 PITT Recruiting EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 11:02 am

2018 PITT Recruiting ANTONIORICHARDSON150_10-18
FRED GUTIERREZ
Poised Left Tackle
York, PA
Position Rank #4
Overall Rank #17 (ESPNU150)
ESPN Rating * * * * *

Wt: 290 .lbs
40: 4.76
Squat Max: 595
Bench Max: 444

STRENGTHS
+ Versatility
+ Patience
+ Position Awareness

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
- Stamina

Gutierrez could be a dominant offensive lineman in the Big East if he improve his ability to play at 100% for an entire drive. He has the athleticism, the strength, the position knowledge that can dominate defensive linemen, he just needs to work on his cardio and ability to play at full force the entire game. This could be about as well prepared for college as you could possibly hope, Gutierrez has had some of the best coaching you can find at the minor and high school level in America. He knows how to block, he's great at it and has amazing technique. Look for him to redshirt his first season to adapt to college ball, improve his stamina and he'll come in his rs freshman year with the ability to flat out dominate.

Gutierrez - "I'm the type of linemen quarterbacks love. I play with the intensity of a linebacker and can push guys out of my way,"

"I can run block, but I've made my name going up the best pass rushers at my age and I've never had trouble stopping any of them. I can't wait for the Army Game to prove to the country that I'm one of the best linemen,"
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2018 PITT Recruiting   2018 PITT Recruiting EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 11:35 pm

2018 PITT Recruiting AUSTINBLYTHE_0505_150
GARY JONES
Athletic Offensive Guard
Abingdon, VA
Position Rank #4
Overall Rank #57
ESPN Rating * * * *

Ht: 6'1"
Wt: 283 .lbs
40: 4.82
Squat Max: 630
Bench Max: 414

STRENGTHS
+ Quickness Off Ball
+ Pass Protection
+ Awareness

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
- Size

Jones has all the mental intangibles to be an amazing offensivelinemen when he gets to Pitt. Unfortunately, his only downfall will be that he'll need to be gameplanned and may not have himself a solid, sturdy spot on the depth chart. Jones does not have the size to dominate strong, physical DT's or end run stoppers. He's a very small build, but for what he lacks in size he makes up for in position awareness, ability to block and allaround entangibles. He knows the position about as well as any kid coming into the NCAA and he knows how to finish his blocks. He loves to dominate his opponents and make them have to try different things, getting them out of their rhythm. He's among the finest blockers we've seen out of the state of Virginia in a long time.

Jones - "I like to be physical and dominate my opponent. I make defensive linemen want to quit and I try to crush their will,"

"I want to play in the big show one day. The reason why I chose Pitt is because they will give me the best opportunity to make it there. I really like their strength and conditioning coach, I plan to redshirt my first year and work as hard as I can to get playingtimne my first eligible year,"
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2018 PITT Recruiting   2018 PITT Recruiting EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 11:47 pm

2018 PITT Recruiting DANIELDAVIS6_2150
MALCOLM HILL
Speed Rush Weakside Defensive End
Hampton, PA
Position Rank #7
Overall Rank #84
ESPN Rating * * * *

Ht: 6'1"
Wt: 227 .lbs
40: 4.52
Squat Max: 630
Bench Max: 456

STRENGTHS
+ Speed
+ Strength
+ Ability To Dominate OLine

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
- Finesse Moves
- Footwork
- Technique

It's almost a guarentee that Hill is moved from weakside DE to OLB when he gets to Pitt. If he redshirts a season, he will be behind the eightball with current rs freshman Ray White appearing to have the next opening at defensive end. Jones would really need to improve his ability in coverage if he switches to linebacker, as a lot are expected out of them..but he could also be the type of pass rusher that is only used in situations where he is to get after the QB, his defenite strength. He has the ability to dominate, push through and over any offensive lineman in the country with his brute strength, despite his small stature. He can cause problems for offensive lineman with his ability to put them flat on their back and he plays with a nasty demeanor. This could be a project player that gets to see snaps on 3rd and long situations and could make a name for himself.

Jones - "I love to get after the QB and cause problems for him,"

"I just want to find a good position that will maximize my potential, I know Coach Macc can do that. I may not be big enough to play defensive end but I'm certainly strong enough. I want to get on the field and play as much as possible,"
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2018 PITT Recruiting   2018 PITT Recruiting EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 11:57 pm

2018 PITT Recruiting TREVONPENDLETON726_150
ELLIOT JONES
Run Blocking Fullback
Bristol, PA
Position Rank #8
Overall Rank #2247
ESPN Rating *

Ht: 5'10"
Wt: 229 .lbs
40: 4.68
Squat Max: 265
Bench Max: 384

STRENGTHS
+ Quickness
+ Strength

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
- Size
- Blocking

Jones has a lot to learn when it comes to learning to play the fullback position. Thankfully, he will have the opportunity to learn from the best fullback in college football next year, Pitt's offensive captain Kenny Cobbs. He will be way ahead of maturation from backup FB Justin Pratt so he will be the next in line to take over for the Pitt offense. He has a lot to learn about run blocking and pass protection and he'll need to learn quick because he doesn't have the physical aspect of the position down yet either. His strength is his ability to run and get to his block, he just needs to improve his ability to finish his blocks in the run heavy Panther offense.

Jones - "I'll be the first to admit I've got a lot to learn and a lot stronger to get. I don't plan to play anytime soon but I will play as hard as I possibly can on the scout team to earn my spot,"

"I was thrilled with the opportunity to stay at home in Pennsylvania. I couldn't believe PITT wanted to recruit me,"
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2018 PITT Recruiting   2018 PITT Recruiting EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 11:32 am

2018 PITT Recruiting Malcolm-faciane-mug-rivalsjpg-a047d78b30a41c48

T.J BURTON
Speed Wideout
Weiser, ID
Position Rank #2
Overall Rank #5
ESPN Rating * * * * *

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 192 .lbs
40: 4.32
Shuttle: 4.40
Bench Max: 241

STRENGTHS
+ Speed
+ Size

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
- Ball Skills
- Route Running

The ability to redshirt Burton his first year is what you'd call a coaches dream and must mean you've got plenty of depth in the receiver closet. T.J Burton possesses the big play ability, unlike many of the players coming out of high school immediately and his size and figure on the football field is downright intimidating. Burton looks like he could be smaller than his listed weight, just at how well it's distributed throughout his body. He has long arms and a huge set of hands. A pure down the field threat with his ability to go up and get a ball, he will come in as a redshirt freshman and demand touches. Burton has an amazing upside and unlimited cieling, potentially speaking.

Burton has set state records on the grid iron and on the track field. A natural runner, he carries a 11 second 100m dash sprint as well many Idaho state records for receiving and returning kicks. Younger brother of former Florida Gator, Trey Burton - he is a much larger version of his brother and doesn't posses the skills with the ball in his hands but he has the special big play ability any given play.

Burton - "My recruitment was very fun and a tough decision. It was between Coach Macc and Coach Kelly because of their offenses and how they like to utilize big targets like myself,"

"I'd like to try to put my second visit to Pitt behind me, I'm ready to focus on football now. I would've probably sat out a year redshirting anyways so it's not like it will put me back any farther,"
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2018 PITT Recruiting   2018 PITT Recruiting EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 11:44 am

2018 PITT Recruiting EILARHARDY_150_8_8
JOEL WOLFE
Safety Linebacker Hybrid
Longview, TX
Position Rank #1
Overall Rank #55
ESPN Rating * * * *

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 220 .lbs
40: 4.44
Squat Max: 385

STRENGTHS
+ Speed
+ Size
+ Tenacity

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
- Coverage
- Agility

This kid comes in as one of the most surprising Pittsburgh commitments. With Texas powerhouses just minutes away, as well as neigbouring Louisiana state...it's amazing Macc stretches the country to haul this highly touted kid in. Macc recruited this kid as a linebacker, despite playing safety in high school. Wolfe dwarfs almost any kid around him, even when he stands around the Oline and Dline. His meanstreak and size make him perfect linebacker material, he could even play in the middle with the strength he possesses. He will almost defenitely sit out his first year to learn the program and develop his coverage skills. The type of player you want to keep an eye on.

Wolfe - "I hit with authority I make offenses respect me,"

"Nobody puts the term play til the whistle blows, to good use like I do,"
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2018 PITT Recruiting   2018 PITT Recruiting EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 11:55 am

2018 PITT Recruiting JAYROME9_29150
ERIC PALMER
Receiving Tight End
Findlay, OH
Position Rank #3
Overall Rank #86
ESPN Rating * * * *

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 227 .lbs
40: 4.58
Squat Max: 310

STRENGTHS
+ Speed
+ Size
+ Run Blocking

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
- Ball Skills
- Pass Block

Palmer will have all the time in the world to study the position behind junior Ryan Jackson and freshman Reggie Robinson. Look for him to have an impactg when he hits the field, primarily as the teams #2 target. In matchups against linebackers, he will eat them up. Eric will need to work hard in the gym to improve his ability to block and be more physical, he's a big kid but tends to be a bit soft when going up for passes, leading to aggressive defenders intercepting it. He has the ability to be the next big tight end in a Panther uniform.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 PITT Recruiting   2018 PITT Recruiting EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 2:58 pm

very nice work macc!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2018 PITT Recruiting   2018 PITT Recruiting Empty

Back to top Go down

2018 PITT Recruiting
Page 1 of 1