Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Week Three Discussion

Go down 
+5
chAdyP0408
DMT1809
BucNutts
Coach Gruden
LongGONE24
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Week Three Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 12:59 am

We've got three user games this week so let's get those done and half of our games this week will be complete.

GOTW

Stanford @ #5 Ole Miss
- Looking forward to this one. It'll be tough to stop Gerhart but our gameplan going in will to be just to slow him down and not let Chris Owusu beat us deep.

#16 Iowa @ #17 Kansas
- Kansas is red hot off a big win against one of our OD's big time coaches. We're yet to see what our newest member can do, could he put an end to K's early NC title bid? If Kansas wins their second in a row with CPU games left we all could be in some BIG trouble.

#20 Oregon State @ Cincinnati
- Very exicted to see the results of this game. Two active, hard nosed users pitted against eachother - I love it. Oregon State just took a win from Ohio State so can they keep riding the wave all the way through this week? I know Cincinnati brings it!

#12 Georgia Tech @ #19 Miami
- The Hurricanes know they've got their handsful with Heisman Hopeful Jonathon Dwyer. Can GT's power running game be enough to secure a victory in a tough CPU environment.

Heisman Hopefuls
5) Jonathon Dwyer, HB GTU (last week 175 total yards with 3 rushing TDs)
- Coach Peterson backed his talk up and now has Jonathon Dwyer sitting at #5 on the list. With a CPU game ahead we'll see how Dwyer responds to all the hype.

User Top 25 Teams
5) Ole Miss
12) Georgia Tech
13) TCU
16) Iowa
17) Kansas
18) North Carolina
20) Oregon State
21) Pittsburgh

Never seen the bottom half of the Top 25 so clustered. This week with a #16 #17 user game it should open things up. Who stays in? Who gets the boot?
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: WK 3   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 3:20 am

STANFORD VS OLE MISS

Week Three Discussion Vaughthem

Vaught Hemingway Stadium
Vaught Hemingway Stadium at Hollingsworth Field is a football stadium located on the University of Mississippi's main campus in Oxford, Mississippi. It is primarily used for football, and is the home field of the Ole Miss Rebels. Built starting in 1915 as a federally-sponsored project, a series of expansions and renovations have gradually expanded the stadium and modernized its amenities, allowing the Rebels to play all of their home games on campus.

Facts About Vaught Hemingway Stadium
When the stadium opened, it was named for Judge William Hemingway, a professor of law and chairman of the University's Committee on Athletics.
Notable upgrades include the installation of lights in 1990, a JumboTron in 1997 and the replacement of the natural grass turf, which had become increasingly hard to maintain, with an AstroPlay artificial turf surface in 2003.
October 12, 1982 saw the addition of legendary Ole Miss coach Johnny Vaught's name to the stadium. September 5, 1998 saw the field named for longtime supporter Dr. Jerry Hollingsworth.
To date, the highest attendance at Vaught-Hemingway was in November 2003, when the Rebels lost to the eventual SEC and national champion LSU Tigers. The official attendance was 62,552.

TEMP: 66 Rain
TV: ESPN
KICKOFF: 7:30 EST
Betting Line OLE MISS Favorite (-6) Over/Under (41)

STANFORD 2-0 VS OLE MISS 1-0

1st QT NOTES:Ole Miss comes up strong in the 1st qt and takes a 10-7 lead on a 32 yard J Shene FG, and a 4 yard B Bolden TD run...the Cardinal answer with a 2 yard TD run by T Vardell II...end of the 1st Ole Miss 10-7

1st QT SCORE:
STANFORD 7
OLE MISS 10

2nd QT NOTES:Stanford get's it O going with another TD by T Vardell II, and a big pass from A Luck to C Owusu for 61 yards...halftime score, Stanford 21 Ole Miss 10.

Halftime Score
Stanford 21
OLE Miss 10

3rd QT NOTES: Stanford was able to hook up for a 12 A Luck pass to TE C Fleener for the only points of the QT...Stanford is looking for the upset, score 31-10

3rd QT Score
STANFORD 31
OLE MISS 10

4th QT NOTES:
[/size]

Ole Miss responds and runs a great drive leading to a 9 yd J Snead pass to F allen...2pt conversion is no good...Stanford put's a time consuming drive together foe a 38 yard N Whitaker FG, score is 31-16 lead, but Ole Miss respons with a very nice drive that leads to a J Snead 4yd TD pass to D McCluster...but again, Stanford is able to stop 2 point conversion, and the onside kick is recoverd by Stanfrod, and they are able to run out the clock....Great game Coach Macc!
FINAL SCORE
STANFORD 31
OLE MISS 22

Final Stats
STANFORD
Passing A Luck 19-23 2 TD 1 INT
Rushing T Gerhart 21-54 0 TD
Receiving C Owusu 8-144 1 TD
Tackles C Snyder 11 Solo

OLE MISS
Passing J Snead 20-33 2 TD 2 INt
Rushing B Bolden 11-43 1 TD
Receiving D McCluster 7-67 1 TD
Tackles C Vaughn & K Lewis 12 Solo

Last edited by zscott10 on Sat 12 Dec 2009, 1:34 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 3:31 am

Just lettin ya know...I will play my game after work tonight..around midnight or so...I don't think I will hold anything up, since there are 3 user game. But wait on me please if so.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 4:20 am

You'll be fine dude. I'm sure we won't get one in until Sunday but if you know you'll be late for your game and you let us know when you're going to play I'll never advance without notice.
Back to top Go down
DMT1809

DMT1809

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 4:43 am

yeh i'm gona get my game in tonight around midnight too...it is freezing in syracuse times like this i wish i would be living in texas or cali by now lol
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 7:35 am

Ole Miss has Vaught Hemingway Stadium PACKED for tonights game!!

The boys at Ole Miss are ready to play tonight, ladies and gentlemen as they warm up infront of a capacity crowd of over 62,000. Coach Macc and key members of the Ole Miss Rebels spent one of their bye week days off to get more people to this game to hopefully give the Rebels whatever advantage they can have over the Cardinal.

Toby Gerhart comes in tonight and is one of the best backs in the nation. Can Coach Macc dial up some plays to out-score him or will it be up to LBs Patrick Trahan and Jonathon Cornell to stop the big fella?

ESPN Update the Oregon State Beavers could not contain the Cincinnati Bearcats this week and were downed 24-14... back to the panel for the pre-game.
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 7:39 am

Wow good win for cincy. Looks like they should crack the top 25
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 8:15 am

Tough loss for the Beavs in Cincy tonight 24-14...was down most of the game...Lost James Rodgers for 4 weeks...and my offense never really recovered...Clevmire1 played a great game...couldnt stop Gilyard all game...13 rec 178yds..when I scored and converted the two point conversion to make it 14-17 with 2:46 left in the 4th...i was left with a decision...kick it away with three timeouts and hold them(which I hadnt really done all game) or go for the onsides kick....I converted the onside kick....but turned it over on downs....Cincy then scored to make it the final score 24-14
Canfield 20-35 272yds 1td
Q. Rodgers 14att 92yds 3rec 19yds
J Halahuni 6 rec 74yds
D Catchings 4 rec 64yds 1td
I found that my offense is pretty one dimensional with out James Rodgers...should have stuck with the run more....but I was down the whole game....much props to Clevmire1....you should feel good about that win....you earned it....Gilyard is a fucking beast....i was doubling him and he still caught everything!
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 8:44 am

dang sounds like a good game imagine how crazy it would have been if you could have scored after you got the onside. but dang good win fo cincy
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 8:48 am

I know...that was the first onside kick I ever recovered....I have no recievers unfortunately...had a few drops at the end
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 8:51 am

dude i damn near shat my pants when u recoverd that onside kick ay.

that was a tough game dude. i have heard u got game ay, i actually voted for u on the poll.

p.s. we got another game comin up on the other OD.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 8:52 am

yes..i sent you a pm.....i'm looking forward to it
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 8:53 am

I knew if I kicked it away I would probably never get the ball back....probably couldnt do it again if I tried
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 8:59 am

Kansas went down in a big way.. it was one of those game i couldnt win. hid l picked balls off i had fumbles dropped passes injuries u name it. i went up 7 nothing and then a pic 6 and while the music was still playing on the next kick return a fumble.. my rb fumbled my qb fumbled.. it was disgusting i moved the ball well and my defense froced him to kick fg but there wasnt ne thing i could do as i got close fumble or a flutterd pic. the lag was an issue like the whole play would stop in the middle of it.. the sacks he was getting was amazing ne wayz i lost.. n 2 byes in a row now sux....

Last edited by axspecialk on Sat 12 Dec 2009, 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 9:01 am

that does suck...having to have that bitter taste in your mouth for two weeks....losing blows
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 9:08 am

Aghh I can relate, 9s. Chris just beat me. Stanford whooped Ole Miss. The scores closer than the game really was, I went up 10 early and he figured me out quick. EA didn't really let me play at some points not regeristering kicks (you know how it screws you online sometimes the bar fills up then back down to 0 and then he kicks it) and passes where I had just barely tapped a button yet Jevan Snead throws a bullet pass right into his LBs hands. Not complaining or making excuses but there were times I just couldn't do anything. He beat me over the top to Chris Owusu all day who had a Hesiman like day against me. Great game Chris, you certainly deserve the W.
Back to top Go down
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 9:10 am

wow didnt see this one coming
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 9:11 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
Aghh I can relate, 9s. Chris just beat me. Stanford whooped Ole Miss. The scores closer than the game really was, I went up 10 early and he figured me out quick. EA didn't really let me play at some points not regeristering kicks (you know how it screws you online sometimes the bar fills up then back down to 0 and then he kicks it) and passes where I had just barely tapped a button yet Jevan Snead throws a bullet pass right into his LBs hands. Not complaining or making excuses but there were times I just couldn't do anything. He beat me over the top to Chris Owusu all day who had a Hesiman like day against me. Great game Chris, you certainly deserve the W.

Great game bro, you had me on the ropes early, and was able to recovery...you have a tough group of players...seems like they were bouncing of my D...great job, good luck in the SEC!

Last edited by zscott10 on Sat 12 Dec 2009, 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 9:11 am

Meh, Dexter is nowhere near the player he was in the last go around. His stats must've been seriously altered because he didn't catch ANYTHING. I've got to focus on using my other guys and make him specific to Wildcat runs and returns I assume. Horrible play by Jevan Snead too.
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 9:14 am

the thing with my loss....no one played bad....no pics...i fumbled twice but recovered both....a few key drops and losing my best reciever, and abandoning the run too early on 14 carries for quizz...coupled with Clevmire1s great play= LOSS!
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 9:20 am

I know I always do that when I go down. I get intimidated and try to put one up quick. Chris knew what I was doing almost the entire game. Also I think there were some sussspecttt ball spots for me, would you agree Chris? Personally I thought I had both of those 2 point conversions...
Back to top Go down
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 9:24 am

NAVY VS. PITT

in the battle of option attacks there was only one victor. Pitt came in the huge favorite and did not disapoint. in the first half they flew right bye any defender the midshipen threw out there. and defensivly the panthers were on lockdown agaisnt the the option attack, with navys only td coming off a fumble return for a td. pitt scored 48 points in the first half and only 7 in the second. if the midshpmen could have played like they did in the 3rd and 4th quarter the outcome might have been differnt. On the ground The panthers had 493 yards along with 7 tds! and held navy to only 70 rushing yards. the only down thing for pitt was that they were 1-7 on third own but amajority of those came in the second half. Pitt also got it done on special teams with a td return. if Pitt didnt slack off the last half it could have been really ugly.
stats

Kolby Gray: 23 att 109 yards rushing
Dion Lewis: 18 att 197 yards rushing
Chris Burns: 10 att 172 yards rushing
lol! afro flower
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 9:38 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
I know I always do that when I go down. I get intimidated and try to put one up quick. Chris knew what I was doing almost the entire game. Also I think there were some sussspecttt ball spots for me, would you agree Chris? Personally I thought I had both of those 2 point conversions...

i do agree...i thought you were in on both those 2 pt conversions...also of note, i could have swore you were off side a couple of times, and they wouldn't call it...
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 11:05 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
the thing with my loss....no one played bad....no pics...i fumbled twice but recovered both....a few key drops and losing my best reciever, and abandoning the run too early on 14 carries for quizz...coupled with Clevmire1s great play= LOSS!

yeah dude, i had real trouble stopping ya. i just seemed 2 be able 2 come up with the stops on the edge of scoring areas. u def should of run it more though, quizz was killin me
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Week Three Discussion   Week Three Discussion EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 11:08 am

Bearcats Bounce Beavers, 24-14

Week Three Discussion Mardy-gilyard-bearcats-28a3461aff384488_large

Cincinnati, Ohio-- Mardy Gilyard could not be stopped today catching a school record 13 passes for 178 yards receiving as the Bearcats edged out Oregon State in a close one at Nippert stadium today.

Oregon State had first possesion of the ball and marched down the field on a long drive but where stopped short of fieldgoal range by the bearcats. The Bearcats started their first possesion deep in their own territory after a well placed punt from the Beavers. But the Bearcats showed they were not all flash, grinding down the field for a 2 yard Ramsey touchdown run in an 11 play drive that saw them convert four third down attempts.

The second half was as physical a period of football as you will ever see. The evidence was seeing Beavers star James Rodgers layed out by Saftey Drew Frey on a high pass. Rodgers was carried off the field an did not return. Both teams were trying to assert themselves with physical defence and the only score both offenses could manage was a fieldgoal by Oregon State early in the quarter to make the scores 7-3 at the half.

Cincinnati was the first to strike after the half with an Armon Binns seven yard touchdown reception as Tony Pike and Mardy Gilyard got the Bearcats passing game going. The Beavers could only manage a fieldgoal in reply to take the score to 14-6 going into the final quarter.

Starting with the ball in the fourth Gilyard and pike where looking to put the game on ice as the Bearcats drove down the field effortlessly behind the two stars. But the Beavers were not done yet stopping Cincinnati short of six for a fieldgoal. With the Beavers two scores down and their offense struggling to put up points they suddenly came to life behind the arm of S.Canfield who drove them down the field eventually hooking up with Catchings for an 11 yard touchdown. After a successfull two point conversion the Beasvers were suddenly right in it at 17-14.

Faced with a tough descision, whether to kick it away and trust their defense to force three and out or go for the onside kick Beavers went for it all and came up trumps. They recovered the onside kick and gave their offense the chance to win the game. But, the Bearcats defense was solid and forced the turnover on downs to put the result beyond doubt. A late 2 yard touchdown run by Isiah Pead made sure there was no chance for the Beavers and made the final score 24-14.

Top Performers

T.Pike 20-31 258 1 TD
I.Pead 15 77 1 TD
M.Gilyard 13 178 0 TD

S.Canfield 20-35 272 1 TD
Jac.Rodgers 14 92 0 TD
J.Halahuni 6 74 0 TD

Last edited by clevmire1 on Sat 12 Dec 2009, 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content