Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Week Nine Discussion

Go down 
+5
clevmire1
chAdyP0408
bludevilz444
axspecialk
LongGONE24
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Week Nine Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:01 pm

GOTW

#9 Georgia Tech @ #3 Pittsburgh
- Battle of the We Run The Ball Too Much Brothers Bowl. Power against power, who comes out on top? Whoever it is maddd bragging rights for the next year and especially at Christmas dinner.

#8 North Carolina @ #18 Virginia Tech
- Don't sleep on Goat, he's clutch.

Heisman
1) Dion Lewis 24 carries 188 yards 5TDs
2) Jonathan Dwyer 28 carries 150 yards 7TDs
3) Ricky Stanzi 29/48 635 yards 7TDs
4) Mardy Gilyard 9 receptions 118 yards 1TD
5) Dexter McCluster 2 receptions 24 yards
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:05 pm

look at the top 3 in the heisman 18 td last week by them good lord! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:23 pm

maybe thats why they are in the top 3 lol and 3 fumbles in the 1st quarter proved to be a difference. i was driving with 1 min left and was on his 40 down by 7 on 4th and two i got stopped and that was the game i was down 28-0 and a 72 yard run by the QB sparked life into the team but it want enough as Pitts NC dreams were demolished by their arch nemisie
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Mentor Proves to Be too Much for Pupil   Week Nine Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:53 pm

Week Nine Discussion Pitt_v10

Tech Staves Off Pitt Comeback Efforts

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-Georgia Tech traveled to Pittsburgh in one of the most hyped games of the year. It is a coach against his mentor, a great running offense vs a great run defense. It almost didn't live up to the huge hype but then ended up being on of the games of the year. It was a tough physical contest with BCS Bowl Berths and National Championships on the line.

Pittsburgh won the toss and elected to kick off to Georgia Tech. This seemed like a bad decision after Georgia Tech took the ball and dominated Pitt's defense, driving 70 yards in 3 minutes to take the 7-0 lead on the Embry Peeples run. The bad got worse for Pittsburgh as they went three-and-out and were forced to punt it back to the Yellow Jackets. The Jackets picked up where they left off and marched right in for the score to extend their lead to 14-0. Then disaster struck for the Panthers as they fumbled the ball right back to Georgia Tech. The Jackets made quick work of the short field and soon led 21-0. Pitt needed to have a big drive to stay in the game, but instead fumbled again. On the next play Nesbitt connected with Anthony Allen for the 34 yard touchdown pass, and suddenly the game seemed over at 28-0. It appeared the game would really be put out of reach when Pitt fumbled yet again, this time they were driving, but the Panther defense came up big and got a stop. The Panther's O was able to capitalize on the little time left before half to cut the lead to 21 points.

Since the Panthers kicked to start the game they received the ball to start the second half. Gray was determined to keep his team in the game and he willed they to do just that. He took an option left and broke several tackles before at racing everyone to the endzone for a 73-yard tochdown. Georgia Tech would respond however and Dwyer would score for three yards out to make it 35-14. However suddenly it seemed all the momentum was on Pitt's side. They drove down the field converting on several third downs and cut the lead to 35-21 after a Dion Lewis TD run. After Tech's offense had looked so balanced and dominant all game it now looked out of sorts as they struggled to make first downs giving the ball back to the Panthers. Pitt was able to score again and just like that they were back in the game at 35-28 with 3:38 left to go. Pitt decided to kick it deep and hope for another stop. After a couple of Yellow Jacket first downs the Panther's defense came up huge stopping Georgia Tech and forcing them to punt. After a nice punt pinned the Panthers at their own five, Pitt went back to work. They were able to move the ball fairly well and got it into Jacket's territory with just over a minute left. After a drop by Pitt receiver Baldwin the Panthers were faced with second-and-ten. One play later it was third-and-ten with 1:06 left. Gray fired a completion over the middle but the receiver Turner was stopped two yards short of the sticks. Pitt was faced with a fourth-and-two to stay alive. The whole universe knew where they were going with the ball, and they tried no tricks. Gray tossed it out left to Lewis who tried to cut up field but was quickly met by Robert Hall no where near the first down line. Georgia Tech was able to kneel out the rest of the clock and hang on for the upset of #3 Pitt. "It's a great win for us. We really deserved this victory. I want to congratulate Coach Petersen on a great game and season thus far, his kids played their hearts out. I wish them the best of luck the rest of the way," said a jubilant Coach Paul Johnson after the victory. Next week Georgia Tech will be back at home to face Wake Forest and looks to improve to 9 wins on the season.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 4:05 pm

great win chady. i thought u'd be too much.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 4:16 pm

Thanks man I'm just gald I got those turnovers early
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 5:52 pm

i have had to restart like 3 or 4 times as you all now my internet has been buggin. i know we have a 2 restart rule n this puts me over on 1 game. i am happy to go with wat ever ereryone reckons but i hope u guys can gimme some leaniancy cause how my net has been fucked and i mean i am playing syracuse and have been smashing them everytime.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 11:19 pm

This is why the restart rule is going to be pretty ineffective because there's nothing you can do to prevent it. And even if it is a Big East game I don't think a win over Syracuse will affect anyone else at this point, even Pitt.
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 11:23 pm

Oregon State ended their two game slide today, against a game UCLA squad 26-17. Canfield threw 2 early Ints and was benched for Lyle Moevao, who didnt do much better, but he did toss a TD to Damola Adeniji. Time will tell which qb coach 9's moves forward with...stay tuned...
S Canfield 4-11 55yds 2Ints
L Moevao 10-21 142yds 1TD 1Int
Quizz 27att 139yds 2tds 2rec 32yds
James 7rec 89yds
D Adeniji 2rec 58yds 1td
B Terry 6tkls 3tfl 2sacks
B Olander 7tkls 1tfl 1sack
Next up...The Beavs head to Berkely to take on California
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 12:23 am

Ole Miss Defence Shuts Out Auburn O

The offence for the Ole Miss Rebels is looking a bit suspect and it showed today as they made the drive down to Auburn Alabama and struggled to score throughout the better part of the first half. The defence is looking as good as over, obviously frustrated coming off a loss to SEC opponent Arkansas as they shut out Auburn and their power running attack.

"The boys on D didn't allow an opportunity for us to lose another SEC game. I couldn't be happier with the way they're playing," Coach Macc said.

When asked about his struggling offence, he quickly defended them as well.

"We've got a true freshman QB, he's 18 years old and he's had some ups and downs this year. We just suffered a big-time loss against Arkansas so he's got a bunch of mixed-emotions thinking he has to make plays and being cautious about throwing the ball. He had a couple over throws today and didn't get an extraordinary ammount of help from his fellow upper-class team mates but our defence did exactly what they needed to, to gain some confidence for him. Remember, deciding to start Cotton this year is a plan for the future... we feel this year we've got the playmakers around him to help him in his freshman year but without Dex next year, it will be up to him to make plays and we just hope he uses his weapons as much as possible while they're around," Macc said.

Jonathan Cornell lead all Rebel tacklers with 10 solos on the day, 2 TFL. He is proving to be a monster at linebacker and a threat in many different ways, deflecting passes, rushing the passer and stuffing the run. His play has really lead the Rebels thus far and his "actions speak louder than words" mentality is a direct testament to his character.

"Cornell is a great leader for us. We've got Trahan to pump our guys up but Johnny is a really solid player and apparently he does most of his talking in the huddle. I've heard from Trahan myself that he's our leader in the huddle despite not being the defensive captain. We just hope he doesn't have such a good year that he won't be back next year," Coach Macc joked.

Dexter McCluster who came off a season-low 24 receiving yards last week had two scores today, one rushing and one receiving. He put up 92 yards through the air and was instrumental in moving the chains for the Rebels today. He's been struggling all year with back problems and the Razorbacks did a good job of keeping him on the sideline last week as he was active for less than a quarter, really hurting his Heisman hopes. When asked about the Heisman he responded...

"Heisman? Who cares about Heisman! I just want to do what I can to get my team in the SEC Championship and win a big bowl game for Ole Miss," Dexter said.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 2:04 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
Week Nine Discussion Pitt_v10

Tech Staves Off Pitt Comeback Efforts

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-Georgia Tech traveled to Pittsburgh in one of the most hyped games of the year. It is a coach against his mentor, a great running offense vs a great run defense. It almost didn't live up to the huge hype but then ended up being on of the games of the year. It was a tough physical contest with BCS Bowl Berths and National Championships on the line.

Pittsburgh won the toss and elected to kick off to Georgia Tech. This seemed like a bad decision after Georgia Tech took the ball and dominated Pitt's defense, driving 70 yards in 3 minutes to take the 7-0 lead on the Embry Peeples run. The bad got worse for Pittsburgh as they went three-and-out and were forced to punt it back to the Yellow Jackets. The Jackets picked up where they left off and marched right in for the score to extend their lead to 14-0. Then disaster struck for the Panthers as they fumbled the ball right back to Georgia Tech. The Jackets made quick work of the short field and soon led 21-0. Pitt needed to have a big drive to stay in the game, but instead fumbled again. On the next play Nesbitt connected with Anthony Allen for the 34 yard touchdown pass, and suddenly the game seemed over at 28-0. It appeared the game would really be put out of reach when Pitt fumbled yet again, this time they were driving, but the Panther defense came up big and got a stop. The Panther's O was able to capitalize on the little time left before half to cut the lead to 21 points.

Since the Panthers kicked to start the game they received the ball to start the second half. Gray was determined to keep his team in the game and he willed they to do just that. He took an option left and broke several tackles before at racing everyone to the endzone for a 73-yard tochdown. Georgia Tech would respond however and Dwyer would score for three yards out to make it 35-14. However suddenly it seemed all the momentum was on Pitt's side. They drove down the field converting on several third downs and cut the lead to 35-21 after a Dion Lewis TD run. After Tech's offense had looked so balanced and dominant all game it now looked out of sorts as they struggled to make first downs giving the ball back to the Panthers. Pitt was able to score again and just like that they were back in the game at 35-28 with 3:38 left to go. Pitt decided to kick it deep and hope for another stop. After a couple of Yellow Jacket first downs the Panther's defense came up huge stopping Georgia Tech and forcing them to punt. After a nice punt pinned the Panthers at their own five, Pitt went back to work. They were able to move the ball fairly well and got it into Jacket's territory with just over a minute left. After a drop by Pitt receiver Baldwin the Panthers were faced with second-and-ten. One play later it was third-and-ten with 1:06 left. Gray fired a completion over the middle but the receiver Turner was stopped two yards short of the sticks. Pitt was faced with a fourth-and-two to stay alive. The whole universe knew where they were going with the ball, and they tried no tricks. Gray tossed it out left to Lewis who tried to cut up field but was quickly met by Robert Hall no where near the first down line. Georgia Tech was able to kneel out the rest of the clock and hang on for the upset of #3 Pitt. "It's a great win for us. We really deserved this victory. I want to congratulate Coach Petersen on a great game and season thus far, his kids played their hearts out. I wish them the best of luck the rest of the way," said a jubilant Coach Paul Johnson after the victory. Next week Georgia Tech will be back at home to face Wake Forest and looks to improve to 9 wins on the season.

Wow, sounds like a very tight game, good job by PITT to comeback...and GT to hold on...good game boyz!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 2:05 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
Ole Miss Defence Shuts Out Auburn O

The offence for the Ole Miss Rebels is looking a bit suspect and it showed today as they made the drive down to Auburn Alabama and struggled to score throughout the better part of the first half. The defence is looking as good as over, obviously frustrated coming off a loss to SEC opponent Arkansas as they shut out Auburn and their power running attack.

"The boys on D didn't allow an opportunity for us to lose another SEC game. I couldn't be happier with the way they're playing," Coach Macc said.

When asked about his struggling offence, he quickly defended them as well.

"We've got a true freshman QB, he's 18 years old and he's had some ups and downs this year. We just suffered a big-time loss against Arkansas so he's got a bunch of mixed-emotions thinking he has to make plays and being cautious about throwing the ball. He had a couple over throws today and didn't get an extraordinary ammount of help from his fellow upper-class team mates but our defence did exactly what they needed to, to gain some confidence for him. Remember, deciding to start Cotton this year is a plan for the future... we feel this year we've got the playmakers around him to help him in his freshman year but without Dex next year, it will be up to him to make plays and we just hope he uses his weapons as much as possible while they're around," Macc said.

Jonathan Cornell lead all Rebel tacklers with 10 solos on the day, 2 TFL. He is proving to be a monster at linebacker and a threat in many different ways, deflecting passes, rushing the passer and stuffing the run. His play has really lead the Rebels thus far and his "actions speak louder than words" mentality is a direct testament to his character.

"Cornell is a great leader for us. We've got Trahan to pump our guys up but Johnny is a really solid player and apparently he does most of his talking in the huddle. I've heard from Trahan myself that he's our leader in the huddle despite not being the defensive captain. We just hope he doesn't have such a good year that he won't be back next year," Coach Macc joked.

Dexter McCluster who came off a season-low 24 receiving yards last week had two scores today, one rushing and one receiving. He put up 92 yards through the air and was instrumental in moving the chains for the Rebels today. He's been struggling all year with back problems and the Razorbacks did a good job of keeping him on the sideline last week as he was active for less than a quarter, really hurting his Heisman hopes. When asked about the Heisman he responded...

"Heisman? Who cares about Heisman! I just want to do what I can to get my team in the SEC Championship and win a big bowl game for Ole Miss," Dexter said.

Nice W, what was the final score?
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: BYE WEEK   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 2:13 am

Week 9 Bye for Stanford counldn't have come at a better time as Coach Harbaugh has an extra week to recruit, let players heal up, and the extra week to prepare for a PAC to showdown between 2nd Place Oregon next week.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 4:26 am

22-0 Final Score. Anyone on know the status?
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 4:29 am

clev,Bucnutts,Goat,andmcspecialky have yet to play
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
ggang21

ggang21

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 4:31 am

Illinois rushing attack shows up

Coach Tre Kelly has stressed over and over how important the rushing game is to his philosophy. Today we got a chance to see just that. Sophomore RB Mikel Leshoure rushed for 139 yards on 24 carries with 3 touchdowns. And the Fighting Illini came away with a victory against the Michigan Wolverines. “It was great to finally show Coach Kelly what im made of. I know I had a bad game in the Purdue game so I wanted to show him why im the starter and that he can count on me.” Said Leshoure. He also had 6 receptions for 68 yards. The Defense played well as always holding Michigan to - 19 yards rushing. And 284 passing yards. Senior CB Dere Hicks had 2 back to back interceptions returning one for a TD. “The Defense was all over the play today” said Hicks. The Illini Passing game is still a working progress. QB Juice Williams threw 3 interceptions but also had two Tds. At times it seems like he wasn’t comfortable. Juice did throw 3 ints but in the 2nd half he turned it around and threw 2 touchdowns when his team needed him. Your gonna have your ups and down. Let just hope he keeps going up and getting better since we are heading in towards the end of the season” Said Coach Kelly. Next week the Fighting Illni head to Minnesota to face the Golden Gophers.

Last edited by ggang21 on Fri 18 Dec 2009, 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : idk)
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 5:35 am

pitt loses to gt.. so we got Stan and Iowa in the nat championship barring ne miracles.. well im concentrating on the big 12 finish out winning maybe get a shot a bucc and capture the crown i dont want ne more loses this season.. already looking forward to next season i got a 5 star back who is fast my offense should be good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 5:42 am

axspecialk wrote:
pitt loses to gt.. so we got Stan and Iowa in the nat championship barring ne miracles.. well im concentrating on the big 12 finish out winning maybe get a shot a bucc and capture the crown i dont want ne more loses this season.. already looking forward to next season i got a 5 star back who is fast my offense should be good!

We will see, I have murder row left on my schedule with games vs Oregon, USC, CAL< and Notre Dame
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 5:43 am

i finish up my recruiting when i get off work tonight...
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 5:54 am

Okay get your games in by tonight fellas. I'll be advancing around 12 midnight EST.
Back to top Go down
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 7:00 am

[quote="Macc24Est89"]This is why the restart rule is going to be pretty ineffective because there's nothing you can do to prevent it. And even if it is a Big East game I don't think a win over Syracuse will affect anyone else at this point, even Pitt.[/quote

Yeah true its hard to get evidence and it would actualllyhelp me alot but idc i dont want to make celv to lose and win the big east that way. i would rather win it out right or loose it out right than win unfairly and personaly i dont even care. i understand his internet is messed up it happens to every one
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 7:02 am

bludevilz444 wrote:
Yeah true its hard to get evidence and it would actualllyhelp me alot but idc i dont want to make celv to lose and win the big east that way. i would rather win it out right or loose it out right than win unfairly and personaly i dont even care. i understand his internet is messed up it happens to every one

It actually wouldn't help you because you've got to play him anyways. If you win or lose THAT would decide the Big East... not him losing a game to a very shit Syracuse team.
Back to top Go down
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 7:07 am

yeah i know that winner would go but i would have a better chance at an at large bid i would think but it doesnt matter
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 7:08 am

I may be wrong but isnt Syra's record nowhere near your 1 loss? How could they even POTENTIALLY have anything to do with you bid?
Back to top Go down
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 7:22 am

no its not a syarcuae win its a cincinati loss well nvm cus if cincy wins out they might be in the NC so it could end up being good for me but how ever it happens im fine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week Nine Discussion   Week Nine Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Week Nine Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next