Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Week Seven Discussion

Go down 
+5
ggang21
BucNutts
Coach Gruden
bludevilz444
LongGONE24
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Week Seven Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 11:44 am

Week 7s here boys and without any user games there should be a whole whack load of W's put up this week.

GOTW

#25 Arkansas @ #1 Florida
- I think I speak for the entire OD when I say that I'd like to see DMT murder the Gators. It would be nice to see a user as #1 and potentially see how they would handle that. If Ark takes this one, I've got no doubt Iowa's a shoe in for #1.

#13 Virginia Tech @ #9 Georgia Tech
- Battle of the southern tech schools. Chady's got an opportunity to increase his teams stock with in a battle with Tyrod Taylor. Heads up tho! The boy can run and throw!!!

#3 Iowa @ #17 Wisconsin
- Big 10 battle here... we've quickly realized that Iowa's Coach (I WISH I HAD A NAME!!) can handle business and with fashion. A big win over a ranked opponent and a Florida loss we could see Iowa sitting pretty at #1.

Finally Stanford gets some love! Broke the top 25 I think #10? Good shit Chris!

Heisman Watch

1) Dion Lewis HB PITT 24 carries 335 yards 5TDs.

- I've always heard talk is cheap, liquor costs money. And regardless what ANYONE has to say about Pitt's coach, the hype is real fellas. Dion had a monster game and he doesn't appear to be going anywhere but staying where he is. Can anybody stop him?

2) Dexter McCluster WR OLE MISS 13 carries 81 yards 1TD, 7 receptions 113 yards.

- Dex would be the first to admit it was a pretty quiet day. He got in the endzone and put up over 200 all purpose but it was against a tough Bama team that Coach Macc simply called plays to ensure the victory. Now it's all fun and game as the Rebels take on in-state rival SMU.

3) Mardy Gilyard WR CINCINNATI 7 receptions 139 yards 3 carries 24 yards.
- Gilyard's proving to be a big time threat in the Bearcat offence. Coach Clevmire's doing a good job calling his number and he's making defences pay every time he does.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
bludevilz444

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 12:54 pm

Piscatway New Jersey: Lack of expirience nearly destroyed Pitts NC hopes. with 3 or 4 fumbles all by the freshmen QB. this game was a ded lock until a fake field goal pass put the knights away. Chris Burns mad an outstanding leap to seal the deal for panther. This game was definatly closer then the experts predicting but PItt got lucky today that is safe to say."if a few more things had gone our way we could be looking at a major upset" said coach Greg Schiano. PItt must not have a defefnsive Meltdown like they did today if they expect to make a run at the big east.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 1:06 pm

Ole Miss Makes In-State Rival Look Like Pee Wee Team

Week Seven Discussion 39602637_Ole_Miss_v_Texas_Tech1

Dexter McCluster on one of his Wildcat runs

If Coach Macc hadn't proven himself to the Oxford community, we believe he has his signature win. Having lost earlier this season to Stanford, Coach Macc has done exactly what he needed to do to get Ole Miss football back on track. Solid defence was key in todays victory, a shut-out over Southern Mississippi who had the nations BEST passing attack coming into this game.

"We worked all week divising ways on how we could stop Bo Levi Mitchell who went into this week with the countries best passing numbers. We knew he was their play maker and they're strategy played right into the hands of our defence. We let them have some throws underneath but we kept everything in front of us and forced turnovers any time they put the ball anywhere near our red zone," Macc said.

Unfortunately, one of those turnovers resulted in losing star corner back Marshay Green for the rest of the season. Green looked like he had a pick six in his hands and a desperation shoe-string tackle resulted in Green losing the rest of his senior season to injury.

"It's an awful turn of events for our defence. He may be a small guy but he's got the biggest heart I've ever seen in a kid and I'll be honest he was more of a coach then a player at times - helping the coaching staff get the other guys focused and helping our younger guys improve. The entire teams going to spend the night with him at Bapitist Memorial North reflecting on the big win today. Thankfully our other corners, Cassius Vaughn and Marcus Temple are playing at an extremely high level and we hope they can fill the huge void in our defence with Marsh out," Macc said.

Heisman front-runner Dexter McCluster had an amazing day against Southern Miss, recording 209 yards through the air with 3 receiving scores, despite having missed the first quarter due to injury.

"It was just some back spasms, I know I'm a big part of the team so I didn't want to alarm anyone but thankfully Coach Macc's the type that would never make us play through injury and noticed I wasn't 100%. He gave me the quarter off and Brandon did exactly what we needed him to do for us - run hard and gain solid yards. By the time I was back in the mix they called my number a few times and I guess I responded," Dex said.

True Freshman QB Ray Cotton had his best game this season throwing 17 for 28 for 277 yards a 3TD preformance with only one interception.

"I really wanted to get Dex involved in the game when he came back. Brandon had their defence so flustered that I don't think they realized #22 was out there. I switched from a run play on 2nd down to a long pass and I guess I over-shot our playmaker... I didn't know it was possible to over throw that guy," Ray joked.

Cotton's role on the team is slowly coming into it's own, he's taken over starting QB duties despite the Rebels occupying All-American Jevan Snead.

"I never expected this. I came to Ole Miss thinking I'd be behind Jevan for two years, I figured it would be two years to adapt and learn. I was told I would be a red-shirt this year. It's all happened so fast and I can't thank Coach Macc enough for the opportunity. I feel more comfortable every game I play and our play calling and the way Brandon runs the ball is certainly a match made in heaven for a true freshman QB," Ray also said.

Jonathan Cornell the teams starting MLB was a beast on the field today. He recorded 10 tackles, 2 TFL on a day that the defence had 9 total sacks, 5 of which were recorded before the 1st quarter was even over.

"I have no idea how we got so much pressure on such a potent passing attack. They opened their line up to screen passes and just left Mitchell out to dry. Our guys really tattooed him all game, he'll be wearing ice packs all week - that's for sure," Cornell said.

"I can't speak enough about this kid. The fact that we have an opportunity to have him back next year sends chills down my spine. I can't remember how many times they called a screen pass and we called a cover 2 and we SHOULD'VE gotten beat for at least 15-20 but Johnny was there to make stops ALL BY HIMSELF. He had a HUGE game for us and he's really coming into his own," Macc said.

The Rebels appear to be in mid-season form and look forward to taking on top 25 team Arkansas next week in Oxford.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 1:09 pm

bludevilz444 wrote:
Piscatway New Jersey: Lack of expirience nearly destroyed Pitts NC hopes. with 3 or 4 fumbles all by the freshmen QB. this game was a ded lock until a fake field goal pass put the knights away. Chris Burns mad an outstanding leap to seal the deal for panther. This game was definatly closer then the experts predicting but PItt got lucky today that is safe to say."if a few more things had gone our way we could be looking at a major upset" said coach Greg Schiano. PItt must not have a defefnsive Meltdown like they did today if they expect to make a run at the big east.

What kinda numbers your boy D put up?
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Stanford vs Arizona   Week Seven Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 1:09 pm

STANFORD VS ARIZONA

Week Seven Discussion X160

Duel in the Desert

and Stanford keeps rolling

Stanford 38 Arizona 13

MVP T Gerhart 27-117 3 TD
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 2:50 pm

Horned Frogs Defense shines against hapless Cyclones

Score 37-7

TCU's defense held Iowa State scoreless on offense with their lone score coming on a scoop and score in the first quarter.
Back to top Go down
ggang21

ggang21

PostSubject: Coach Kelly 2nd win!   Week Seven Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 4:40 pm

Coach Tre Kelly coach a very confident Illinois squad to victory over the Indiana Hoosiers Saturday night. 41-10. The Fighting Illini came out scoring fast by putting up 38 points in the first half. QB Juice Williams Threw for 333 yards and 4 touchdowns. He connected with Arrelious Benn 6 times for 124 yards and 2 touchdowns. “ We have a great connection out there. We have stayed after practice and put in extra hours to get on the same page.” Said Benn. The Running game was average. Mikel Leshoure had 63 yards on 15 attempts and 2 fumbles. Coach Kelly wasn’t pleased with his running game. “ I expected more out of the running game. We still have a long way to go” Said Kelly. Over the past 2 weeks the Defense has only giving up 10 Rushing yards holding the Hoosiers to 2 rushing yards. The D-line and Linebackers played well. Recording 6 sacks. The Illini Secondary did struggle a bit with the Hoosier passing game. The Hoosiers did manage to rack up 203 passing yards. At times it look like the DB’S were out of place. Coach Kelly was still pleased at his Defense. “We still have a few kinks in our Defense but we are working towards perfection. As a whole the defense played great. They answered when they were called on. And they kept points off the board. So im pretty happy with the Defense but I would like to see more” The Fighting Illini face a undefeated Purdue team that will really test their might’s. Once again we will see what lies for Coach Kelly.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 5:29 pm

Bearcats Bounce Bulls

Week Seven Discussion 2009-10-15-cincinnati-south-florida-football-2jpg-dfa3e59196233a24

TAMPA, Florida-- The #12 University of Cincinnati Bearcats continued their march towards a second straight BIG EAST title after improving their record to 6-0 (2-0), they dominated South Florida in every facet of the game recording a44-10 victory in Tampa today.

Mardy Gilyard was once again a standout, he made plays not just on offence but on special teams proving why is is regarded as one of the most dangerous players in all of college football. He finished with 6 catches for 95 yards and two touchdowns, he also had 119 yards on 2 kick returns and a touchdown and 48 yards on 6 punt returns.

It was a close game for most of the first half as both teams moved the ball effectively. But the Bearcats where the ones who were able to take advantage, the score was 17-7 and the Bearcats had possesion with under two minute left but a Jacob Ramsey fumble on Cicinnati's 30 yard line allowed the Bulls to kick a field goal to bring the scores to 17-10 going into the half. But, with inly 50 sec left on the clock Tony pike gave the Bearcats a huge momentum boost and a two score lead driving the bearcats 75 yards down the field for six.

With the game in the balance USF needed to be the first to score, but Mardy Gilyard put the game beyond the bulls reach with the opening Kickoff of the half as he return it for a school record 98 yard touchdown. The rest of the game was all Cincinnati as they managed to score another 13 unanswered and even get their back ups some quality minutes in the fourth.

Cincinnati's defense was once again overshadowed but deserves a mention giving another out standing preformance. Though they only managed one turnover they did get to the quarterback four times and even more impressively only allowed 179 yards of total offense against them.

Mardy Gilyard was not the only standout as Tony Pike had another solid game finishing with 19 for 26 with 204 yards and 3 touchdown passes.

Cincinnati is back at Nippert Stadium next week o face Louisville for the 47th installment of the Battle for the Keg of Nails.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 12:32 am

FUCK U EA i play my whole game n it wont let me upload my game.. my qb went ape 500 8 td.... by the third quarter.... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 12:34 am

I'm having issues logging on right now myself. I haven't been able to access the OD. I know they do maitenance on Tuesday mornings I just don't know how long it takes. I hope your game will be there when I go in, K.
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:10 am

man....I really hope you all get your games in soon...this bye is killing me
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:11 am

Im about to play my game then once DMT and K are finished we will be ready to advance
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:29 am

Sweet!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:37 am

luvtotha9s wrote:
man....I really hope you all get your games in soon...this bye is killing me

bye's do suck...curious has anyone ever had a recruit come to visit on a bye week? if so, how did it go, just curious, I have never schd a visit before and was wondering if it's a bad idea?
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:53 am

It's not a bad idea at all, if you've got the right pitches for his visit.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:22 am

Wow very impressed guys, all ready to advance under 24 hours. I'm advancing the week as we speak.
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:23 am

Whats with san jose state. They are 5-0 ranked 23 and beat utah and usc?
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:27 am

Make that 6-0 and #16
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Georgia Tech has No Problem Putting Away the Hokies   Week Seven Discussion EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 3:40 am

Week Seven Discussion Vt_v_g10

Morgan and Dwyer's Record Games Make Winning Look Easy

Atlanta,Georgia- The Yellow Jackets had no troubles beating the Hokies, despite the high rank and supposedly good Virginia Tech squad. Tech could do whatever they wanted all game long. They were able to push around a weak looking Virginia Tech team. The Jackets got it started early when Jonathan Dwyer broke a huge 70 yard touchdown run. After that Georgia Tech was able to put it into cruise control. They added a passing touchdown from Nesbitt to Sims and a fumble return by Robert Hall to go up 28-0 at the half. The second half was more of the same, but Virginia Tech was able to hit a couple of big plays to get some points before the end of the game. The final score would end up 57-10. Jonathan Dwyer had 200 yards rushing and a school record 5 rushing touchdowns. Derrick Morgan added 4 sacks to his season total giving him 17 on the year, also a school record. Josh Nesbitt was able to add 137 yards rushing and 84 yards passing. Next week Georgia Tech will face the Virginia Cavaliers before the showdown with Pittsburgh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week Seven Discussion   Week Seven Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Week Seven Discussion
Page 1 of 1