Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Big Dawg OD

Go down 
+5
Goatstain
cokanblues
LongGONE24
BucNutts
Coach Gruden
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

Big Dawg OD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:42 am

USC=MACC
OREGON=me

OKLAHOMA=cokeanblues
TEXAS=

OHIO STATE=bucc
MICHIGAN=

NOTRE DAME=clev (soft)

FLORIDA=tiatangator
LSU=goat

here is a quick list of possible coach's, and it hasn't been pushed on other sites like OS...so who knows...so if you do decide you want to run it...would i be able to edit my team through team builder...and get Ducks roster edited ratings from 9's add my five recruits...I could post names and ratings....and then would you be able to upload into your OD still?
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:47 am

I dont think so. If you edit your team on teambuilder, you need to add the freshman through there. Only downside is, you have to use freshman that would "plug in" to that certain postion of the senior you are replacing. Because you cannot do position changes on the website. If I download your team, I cannot edit them. Only insert them into the spot in the OD.

The guys who don't use the teambuilder site, they can post their 5, and I can load Jesse's updated rosters and then edit the 5 seniors rplacing them as freshman, and am able to change the postion that way.

So in a way it would be "easier" just to use Jesses most updated rankings, and edit the teams through the game before I start the OD, rather than mess with the "updated uniforms" through the website.

It doesnt matter to me really.

Does this make sense to you lol?
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:51 am

BucNutts wrote:
I dont think so. If you edit your team on teambuilder, you need to add the freshman through there. Only downside is, you have to use freshman that would "plug in" to that certain postion of the senior you are replacing. Because you cannot do position changes on the website. If I download your team, I cannot edit them. Only insert them into the spot in the OD.

The guys who don't use the teambuilder site, they can post their 5, and I can load Jesse's updated rosters and then edit the 5 seniors rplacing them as freshman, and am able to change the postion that way.

So in a way it would be "easier" just to use Jesses most updated rankings, and edit the teams through the game before I start the OD, rather than mess with the "updated uniforms" through the website.

It doesnt matter to me really.

Does this make sense to you lol?

ya, probable easier that way, just was hoping to play with my new oregon uniform lol! whatever is easier if you willing to take the time and run this bad boy i'm cool with.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:58 am

It would more than likely be much easier just doing it through the game. We have more flexibility with adding the recruits to fit our needs, rather than having to match them up with the senior leaving.

So here is the deal.

Everyone that is interested in this OD. Research you top 5 incoming recruits and post them along with your stats that you think is fair, compared to their national rankings.

i.e.:

5* - usually top 30 players or so
Top 100
Top 250

I say look at their position rankings. If they are a top 30 or so at their respective position, their ranking should be decent around 80-85 max.
Then use a tier system as far as the rest. No fresh is coming in higher than 85 if you ask me.

You can use rivals, or espn. Really doesnt matter to me.

I will gather my recruits info, and post them sometime today.
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 4:25 am

I'm definitely in. How many recruits do we get to add?
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 4:44 am

5 now goat...going to RS them, SIM the first season...so CPU will recruit more players that you can name to your exact recruiting class after season one is over..so we should all have pretty close to the exact class each team signed in real life?

OREGON DUCKS

http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=9&c=8&yr=2010

this is off the Scout site
Nat Rank 4 RB-5* Lache Seastrunk Temple Texas 5-10 183 4.40...(84) overall....95 speed back, with good hands agility....think Reggie Bush
Nat Rank 4 TE/DE-5* Curtis White Eugene Oregon 6-5 240 4.70...(83) overall....can play both TE and DE...probable end up at TE 83 speed, rec TE w agility)
Nat Rank 9 QB-4* Bryan Bennett Encino California 6-3 185 4.60...(83) overall....balanced QB, good hops, accuracy...decent speed maybe 83)
Nat Rank 17 CB-4* Dior Mathis Detroit Michigan 5-9 175 4.31...(81) overall....speedy, 93 very physical
Nat Rank 10 DT-4* Ricky Heimuli Salt Lake City Utah 6-4 285 4.90...(82) overall...tough physical NT....space eater..good agility will play early....

Bucc...tonight I'm going to go through 9's roster for the Ducks, and make some notes...we have had a couple kids kicked off the team or transfer, and was hoping maybe I can get a couple of edits made to reflect the changes...I will post later tonight what I find...If anyone has suggestions or disagreements with my recruits and ratings let me know.
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 4:51 am

Sounds very cool. And I really like the idea of simming the 1st season.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 5:32 am

looks good to me scott.

Gives me a good base to work with for my recruits as well, because I know your more than fair with how things are.

Bummer for Ohio State this year, is our best recruit who was a 5* early on in the process got hurt, and now is a 4*. I think I will have all 4*, so I like the fact that they will all hover around 80 or so in the overall ranking.

Lemme know what you find out about the kids leaving, and I will make the adjustments on the roster. I have downloaded Jesse's most recent file.

- Goat we get to choose 5 recruits to put into the rosters.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 5:40 am

ok, one question. what are we gonna about the players that leave early in real life? just kinda chance it on the game?
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 5:44 am

You can cut them I suppose?

When we get to it on the post season stuff.

We can research who has left early on our teams and post them when the time comes.

Also, I follow recruiting really close, and if we wanted I could make like the top 10 recruits from the early 2011 lists from Rivals or Scout. And make them when we start the next season. All fair game, they will be from their specific state. So it will be a toss up on who gets them. No recruit will be rated over an 85. Just a thought lemme know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 5:46 am

that would be super tight bucc.... im not as experienced with the team builder as everyone else seems.

but are you saying that I can just post my top 5 recurits here and then you will edit them or what?
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 5:49 am

yea, the only people who are using teambuilder teams are the ones that really wanted to mess with updating the uniforms.

For the others, all I am doing is uploading Jesse's most recent roster file, and editing your freshman you choose that way, adding them to the team.

I would say if you are not really familiar with Teambuilder website, dont mess with it too much. and lemme do the rankings from in-game.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 6:02 am

4* Roderick Smith RB 6-3 220 4.5 5.9 Fort Wayne, IN
4* Christian Bryant DB 5-10 173 4.46 5.9 Glenville, OH
4* Andrew Norwell OL 6-7 275 - 5.9 Cincinnati, OH ( Early 5* who got hurt for the season, dropped )
4* James Louis WR 5-11 178 4.4 5.8 Delray Beach, FL
4* Jamel Turner DE 6-3 210 4.6 5.8 Fork Union, VA (Originally from Ohio, Top 5 in State)

These are the 5 I am thinking about using. These are from Rivals (RR)= rivals rating. 6.0 or above is usually 5 *

I will edit them when I research them some more.

the RR ranking is their rating tier. Like for instance Lache Seasstrunk is a 6.1 and Scott has him as an 85 overall I think. So anybody over 6.0 is considered a 5*, and 5.9-5.8 which most 4*'s are would be hovering around the 80-84 range Overall.

That sound good?

Last edited by BucNutts on Tue 09 Feb 2010, 6:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 6:03 am

titangator i don't think were going to mess with team builder, to much work for Bucc and roster...what we can do with players leaving early...is have any Soph or JR we know that have declared for the draft, and Bucc can make them SR RS so they will go to the draft after SIM season 1
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 6:06 am

im using my team builder i already put to much effort into my rosters and uniforms not to
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 6:08 am

cokanblues wrote:
im using my team builder i already put to much effort into my rosters and uniforms not to

lol I hear ya. I think I am just gonna do the normal Ohio State team, so that I can make sure I get the freshman in that I want.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 6:11 am

if you don't mind bucc....is it ok to use my team builder ducks?
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 6:32 am

Yea I dont mind. I looked at my team again and I think I can manage to get my 5 recruits in there. So I am not going to let my work go to waste either lol. I still have to edit the whole roster to make it like Jesse's but I am going to do that tonight.

Looks like we are still a little ways away from starting this thing.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 6:37 am

BucNutts wrote:
Yea I dont mind. I looked at my team again and I think I can manage to get my 5 recruits in there. So I am not going to let my work go to waste either lol. I still have to edit the whole roster to make it like Jesse's but I am going to do that tonight.

Looks like we are still a little ways away from starting this thing.

cool....i'm in no big rush either, having fun with the roster and uniform edits...and i need to line it up with 9's roster also...
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 7:44 am

BucNutts wrote:
You can cut them I suppose?

When we get to it on the post season stuff.

We can research who has left early on our teams and post them when the time comes.

Also, I follow recruiting really close, and if we wanted I could make like the top 10 recruits from the early 2011 lists from Rivals or Scout. And make them when we start the next season. All fair game, they will be from their specific state. So it will be a toss up on who gets them. No recruit will be rated over an 85. Just a thought lemme know what you guys think.

This would be awesome...I have one dude who should be a 5* coming out of HS in Oregon...6'5 225....similar to Taylor Mays, could play FS, OLB, DE, TE, WR...at the combine camp last year for nike they had to add more notices for the vertical jump...hit like 38 inch standing vertical...i will post info on him in a moment...STUD....also there is a kid out of Florida, RB...man child, he is James Wilder JR, son of TB running back James SR...monster...

kid from Oregon
Colt Lyerla
http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/football/recruiting/player-Colt-Lyerla-96622

Last edited by zscott10 on Tue 09 Feb 2010, 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 7:46 am

I have heard of James Wilder Jr.

Kid is a beast. Ohio State is in on him early, but I doubt he is leaving the South.

Dang it, I wanna get this OD started I am getting pumped about using these new recruits.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 7:50 am

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1034827

this article mention both James Wilder and Colt....Colt just got offers from Oklahoma and Cal..huge Duck fan though and was at the Rose Bowl in Duck gear...I will try to find a pix of Wilder he is scary cut
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 7:51 am

Looking at Scout's early rankings they have him listed as a DE as a 5*

Here is the site- Scout's Early Rankings

Last edited by BucNutts on Tue 09 Feb 2010, 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 7:52 am

can you believe Wilder is a JR in HIGHSCHOOL? Shocked Big Dawg OD - Page 2 760364
Back to top Go down
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 7:57 am

wow that dudes a beast i just watched some highlight videos on youtube
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Dawg OD   Big Dawg OD - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Dawg OD
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD :: General/Announcements-
Jump to: