Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rules & Set Up Levels

Go down 
+5
Goatstain
LongGONE24
axspecialk
BucNutts
Coach Gruden
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

Rules & Set Up Levels Empty
PostSubject: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 1:24 am

wanted to start a thread about game play, recruiting restrictions, and other stuff...how does everyone feel about....

1-Game Play Settings at All American
Default Settings
*Player pass catch ratings should be moved up some
*CPU running moved up some
*Player pass rush moved up some
*Player INT moved up
-other then that the game play has seemed pretty good, not sure how other feel

Recruiting Limits Set at All American
*No limits first season, sounds like CPU is going to be competitive and to get our recruits will take some work...if it's to easy we can always adjust next season?...Set at AA

POS CHANGE/Depth Chart
QB no restrictions
HB no restrictions
FB must be over 220 LBS
TE must be over 220 LBS
OL no restrictions
DE must be over 230 LBS
DT must be over 250 LBS
OLB must be over 210 LBS
MLB must be over 220 LBS
CB no restrictions
FS no restrictions
SS no restrictions

USER Game Disconects
In first QT no team has lead-Restart Game for Start
In any other instance were a team has a lead or on opponents side of field, Sim the game between the two players to get as close to realistic situation as when game was froze

Any other thourghts to discuss?

Last edited by Coach Gruden on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 2:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 1:55 am

Looks good. The recruiting difficulty should be AA also.

Something we need to remember, is this OD will be evolving, we need to be civil about whats "Sim" and what's not. What slider changes seems to be adjusted. There are gonna be arguments over gameplay issues since this is all our first go round. Just remember if someone calls you out for something its for the good of the OD, and something we can bring up to the other players that were not playing the game at the time.

Lets be as civil and understanding as possible when it comes to this. This is the best OD, and to continue the way it has been, we will need to evolve with 2011.

Whether we like it or not, there will become "exploits" of the game's CPU AI, and "money plays" just like there was in 2010.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 2:19 am

Amen bucc couldnt have said it ne better... i like everything u have down there so far chris...i would add that user int needs to be bumped up i have seen way too many flat out drops hittin dudes right in the hands.. my only question with the sliders is idk how much one thing affects another so idk if we wanna mess with them on our own or let the pros who have it down to a science do it.. but aa is pretty fair the cpu is good on offense and defense and i think those slider adjustments are the only ones need to be made.. does ne one kno if ne one has posted ne sliders ne where yet like on operation sports or whatever?
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 2:36 am

BucNutts wrote:
Looks good. The recruiting difficulty should be AA also.

Something we need to remember, is this OD will be evolving, we need to be civil about whats "Sim" and what's not. What slider changes seems to be adjusted. There are gonna be arguments over gameplay issues since this is all our first go round. Just remember if someone calls you out for something its for the good of the OD, and something we can bring up to the other players that were not playing the game at the time.

Lets be as civil and understanding as possible when it comes to this. This is the best OD, and to continue the way it has been, we will need to evolve with 2011.

Whether we like it or not, there will become "exploits" of the game's CPU AI, and "money plays" just like there was in 2010.

very well said bucc!
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 2:36 am

Yea I just review others sliders that those gurus have done. I will keep my eyes peeled for good ones, on Operation Sports, Ncaa Strategies, and Tradition Football...
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 2:47 am

axspecialk wrote:
Amen bucc couldnt have said it ne better... i like everything u have down there so far chris...i would add that user int needs to be bumped up i have seen way too many flat out drops hittin dudes right in the hands.. my only question with the sliders is idk how much one thing affects another so idk if we wanna mess with them on our own or let the pros who have it down to a science do it.. but aa is pretty fair the cpu is good on offense and defense and i think those slider adjustments are the only ones need to be made.. does ne one kno if ne one has posted ne sliders ne where yet like on operation sports or whatever?

that's a good point on the INT...I've only played a couple of games, but have yet to pick anyone off...
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 2:51 am

yea the INT's are bad, I lost an online game because my guys couldnt get a pick, on at least 3 occasions my CPU guys had the ball hit right in their hands. I don't want a bunch of picks, but the easy ones ya know. lol
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 2:53 am

Coach Gruden wrote:
axspecialk wrote:

that's a good point on the INT...I've only played a couple of games, but have yet to pick anyone off...

I've found I've been catching a ton of balls, I would've said drop INTs a bit but other than that I agree with everything. CPU has had a ton of usccess passing on me but not so much running the ball. There will be well set up plays I didn't expect coming but for the most part I think an adjustment to 55 or 60 would be fine.

I've been able to switch player to the corner guarding a receiver and jump and make the play a little too often, I would've suggested interceptions be dropped but I'm fine either way. I've found just simply switching your defender will put you out of position alot so it's a risk reward type. I just know I get livid when I make a nice pass, and I know the other user just simply switched to the CB to pick it off, as a receiver even though it was well thrown you don't get any time to react on the ball and also make the play it almost always benefits the other user. So maybe a rule to stick to the player your engaged on... but even that sounds a little too strict.

Either way we've got a terrific guideline (for now) that will continue to evolve as we continue to play Buc very well put we need to be patient and realize that although we've got a good foundation for the basis of this OD, we'll need to adjust to the new game etc.

Great work Chris!
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 1:33 pm

FYI

I read where the option "Time Savers" when you start up an OD, is the same as Dynasty Accelerators that was an option last year. We need to make sure this is turned off...
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 9:02 pm

do we have any idea on what sliders we're gonna roll with? would just like to get somewhat accustomed to what we're gonna use. i haven't made any adjustments just yet?

also, will we be playing on "normal" game speed? however, i'm not even sure this can be adjusted online. does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 9:56 pm

I haven't attempted setting up an OD yet, I'll get back to you Goat.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 10:51 pm

u can adjust the game speed but we are gonna leave it on normal..i dont see why we would change that
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 10:59 pm

I think for the most part, AA all default is the basis of what we'll use.
Back to top Go down
ggang21

ggang21

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 1:16 am

i changed my game speed to fast because to me normal seemed really slow. So i just went one up.
Back to top Go down
educator84

educator84

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 5:52 am

Man i see this is some serious ish. I'm going to ride witht he majortiy until i get the hang of it then i'll start chiming in.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 5:58 am

educator84 wrote:
Man i see this is some serious ish. I'm going to ride witht he majortiy until i get the hang of it then i'll start chiming in.

don't hold back brother, we don't know what the hell were talking about most of the time anyway....
Back to top Go down
ggang21

ggang21

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 6:09 am

yeah bro always give your 2 cents lol
Back to top Go down
educator84

educator84

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 6:24 am

you know imma hop in there, i just didnt play attention to detail, but im on it now...tweaking with the recruiting crap. pretty damn time consuming.
Back to top Go down
educator84

educator84

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 7:09 am

is it just me or does everyone have a case of the fumbles? SHIT!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 7:21 am

educator84 wrote:
is it just me or does everyone have a case of the fumbles? SHIT!

ya i had problems with that...if you click the square button you can set your run settings to conservative, it seemed to help me with that issue...
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 7:41 am

ya fumbles n dropped passes its too much.. i see at least 3 fumbles a game thats way too much.. n i have my catchin tuned to conservative no help still with the damn drops!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 9:37 am

axspecialk wrote:
ya fumbles n dropped passes its too much.. i see at least 3 fumbles a game thats way too much.. n i have my catchin tuned to conservative no help still with the damn drops!

I'm goint to mess with slider settings tonight....make some slight adjustments and see how it goes..
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 11:06 am

I user catch a lot and in user games it's really worked. Anything thrown up or that will lead a receiver into an opening in the D, I switch on run off the corner or safety a bit and just to where the balls going and you either have the skills to swat it or you don't, in user games. I've had major drops against the CPU, though that's a different story. Even on AA those DBs are like Champ Bailey.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 2:11 am

also on the topic of sliders i disagree with run being turned up.. i think it should be left alone perhaps even turned down.. play a team with a good back n they will run all day on u.. i have played alabama,virginia tech,miami,boise state and all of them had back over 100 on me.. so play a team with a good back n then determine where u think the sliders should me.. i think user rb has to be turned up because i cant run for shit i after 2 games my back had like 63 yards and that was with like 25 carries.. i mean i kno we have to take into acct our teams suck lol but even still the things im mentioning have been universal.. i played a few user games and same issues.. so i think those things need to be adjusted.. all in all we need to find a set of sliders...because default isnt good enough.. also i kno user games vary alot from cpu games it always has stat wise score wise everything but as it stands for cpu games they need some serious tweaking... also do the sliders work in user games now? and whose sliders did we use to start last years maybe we can try those out...
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 2:28 am

axspecialk wrote:
also on the topic of sliders i disagree with run being turned up.. i think it should be left alone perhaps even turned down.. play a team with a good back n they will run all day on u.. i have played alabama,virginia tech,miami,boise state and all of them had back over 100 on me.. so play a team with a good back n then determine where u think the sliders should me.. i think user rb has to be turned up because i cant run for shit i after 2 games my back had like 63 yards and that was with like 25 carries.. i mean i kno we have to take into acct our teams suck lol but even still the things im mentioning have been universal.. i played a few user games and same issues.. so i think those things need to be adjusted.. all in all we need to find a set of sliders...because default isnt good enough.. also i kno user games vary alot from cpu games it always has stat wise score wise everything but as it stands for cpu games they need some serious tweaking... also do the sliders work in user games now? and whose sliders did we use to start last years maybe we can try those out...

Well this is a tricky one...I know I won't like it, but reality is a back like M Ingram, R Williams etc...should be able to run for 100 yards on me...The reason I suggested raising the CPU running ability was that in my games vs avg teams they usually only have 25 carries for 20-40 yards on average, which seemed kind of low imo...In the end we will need to play with slider adjustment, but we won't be able to agree 100% some will think they are to easy, some think they are to hard, but we can do our best to get them close
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels Empty

Back to top Go down

Rules & Set Up Levels
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next