Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rules & Set Up Levels

Go down 
+5
Goatstain
LongGONE24
axspecialk
BucNutts
Coach Gruden
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
axspecialk

axspecialk

Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 2:34 am

i agree those backs should run on u.. mark ingram went for 200 on my defense.. cooper went for like 170.. reggie williams was over 150 too.. i mean ok over a hundred sure.. mark ingram was avg 10 yards a carry on me.. couldnt tackle him for shit.. i mean yes they are good so i expect them to play well but i mean it was completly unstopable.. idk it was insane the way they were running but i guess.. im not saying change it alot i like the fact that they were good. but 200 yards and i mean every time i played them he was gettin those kind of numbers(clearly i had restarts lol) so idk i think maybe just down a bit.. idk...im always with the group.. i think like always the sliders are about balance for both sides... my hb aint no slouch n i couldnt get ne where near the kinda yards he was getting..
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 2:42 am

axspecialk wrote:
i agree those backs should run on u.. mark ingram went for 200 on my defense.. cooper went for like 170.. reggie williams was over 150 too.. i mean ok over a hundred sure.. mark ingram was avg 10 yards a carry on me.. couldnt tackle him for shit.. i mean yes they are good so i expect them to play well but i mean it was completly unstopable.. idk it was insane the way they were running but i guess.. im not saying change it alot i like the fact that they were good. but 200 yards and i mean every time i played them he was gettin those kind of numbers(clearly i had restarts lol) so idk i think maybe just down a bit.. idk...im always with the group.. i think like always the sliders are about balance for both sides... my hb aint no slouch n i couldnt get ne where near the kinda yards he was getting..

ya, avg 10 yards a carry is to much...I hear what your saying, I want to have fun in the OD, and getting worked by the CPU is no fun...
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 4:06 am

ryan williams 15 carries 169 yards 2:25 left to go in the second.. thats too much...and this is the third time i have played them n he has been this effective..

*3 plays later*
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 4:20 am

axspecialk wrote:
ryan williams 15 carries 169 yards 2:25 left to go in the second.. thats too much...and this is the third time i have played them n he has been this effective..

*3 plays later*

ouch, that's brutal...
Back to top Go down
luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 12:08 pm

Coach Gruden wrote:
axspecialk wrote:

ya, avg 10 yards a carry is to much...I hear what your saying, I want to have fun in the OD, and getting worked by the CPU is no fun...
When that white running back Lee Gandy from the ducks was running at 10 a clip K loved it......lol...and who the cap fit....let him wear it
Back to top Go down
http://realisticballers.forumotion.net/forum.htm
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 6:23 pm

lol i did love lee and i wish just for a second i can use him in 11 he would dominate this game!!!! bout a week away now fellas im super hype.. and i played cookan last night he was oklahoma state i was mizzou and i got spanked that mans defense is still just as fierce and crazy as last year.. he sacked me 9 times.. i played good defense as well but he owned me in top because i couldnt keep my offense on the field.. i can tell you folks already its gonna be a battle every year in the big xii.. the game was 21-10 into the fourth so it wasnt a total blow out but incase u were wondering if he was still an animal.. yes he is!!! so im also going to go out on a limb and say bucc is probably beasting too!!!!
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 10:39 pm

I don't think alot of my skills translated onto this game. To be dominant on defence, you must really pick the right plays and pressure the opposing QB, as opposed to on 10 where you could simply drop back in zone and rely on the fact that you'll get coverage sacks.

I think this games a lot more about gameplanning and play selection, and relying on plays that worked well on NCAA10 is a surefire way to be less than average.

Some users run all over me in user games, some cannot and just pass. I played a guy as Iowa who I think used Jewel Hampton and my GOD that kid ran the EXACT same play countless times, pitch right... and he would get to the corner rediculously fast. I tried everything I could to stop it but nothing would work. I really wish I knew how he had such a good run game using the exact same play.

What's your user game record, Cokan?
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
cokanblues

cokanblues

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 10:47 pm

I'm 7-3 now I should be 9-1 I got disconnected twice when winning and got the loss both times I play with Ou ok st and I've played with USC once
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Jul 2010, 3:02 am

I am fuckin JEALOUS of your OK ST squad. Im still a lil partial to them, I used them in the OD where I met Mr. Ax Mane. A lot of the names on their roster are pretty familiar. Kendrick's a beeeeast.

I've been pretty successful with PITT lately. I think I'm 7-13 now.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 3:05 am

Hey ax, or Chris, or whoever plays the CPU some...try this out...I got this from TF

Originally Posted by Oneback's sliders, The Gaming Tailgate
Game Skill: All-American
Game Speed: Normal
Player Speed Threshold: 15
Quarter Length: 8 min

Slider User CPU
QB Accuracy 25 40
Pass Blocking 30 30
WR Catching 50 50
RB Ability 45 55
Run Blocking 50 45
Pass Converage 40 40
Pass Rush 50 50
Interceptions 35 35
Rush Defense 30 35
Tackling 35 40
FG Power 10 10
FG Accuracy 20 55
Punt Power 50 55
Punt Accuracy 40 50
Kickoff Power 0 0

These are some sliders that a league is trying out...and they are changing the Speed Treshold to make speed more noticeable of a difference in guys...I might try them tonight, but you guys seem to notice things more than I do, I just play LOL...if any of you have time..check them out and report back. Dont have to play 8 min quarters, but the Speed Threshold thing has me intrigued..
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 3:15 am

Another respectable league at TF are using a 40 for their Speed Threshold level.

I think we need to change from defualt at least some. This is going to make the speed and agi/acc matter more, which I think is important. So you testing guys try em out. I know Macc, Ax, and Chris have been very observant to the games they have played. So I would love to hear your opinons on these sliders, and speed threshold ratings...
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 3:24 am

Sorry I am on a tirade about sliders...but the Slider Guru's have mentioned several times, that the developers of the game use AA settings for the most realistic gameplay. No boosts to CPU or human players when the setting is in AA...so we need to stay at AA sliders. And make adjustments as needed...but you guys test the above ones and report back....

I will try but you guys, like i have said, have played several CPU games..and will notice more things than I do..
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 3:29 am

ill give them a run here bucc.. aa is by fair the fairest.. but the most realistic no.. way too many drops.. the cpu run ability is disguisting but imma try urs out now n tell u how they feel..
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 4:45 am

Ok well i just played a full game with those sliders.. with the speed threshold at 45.. and here is the diffrence there... i noticed i i scrambled outside n was already at full speed and the de got off his block there was no way he was runnning me down where as before he would get to u before u could cross the line..defenders especially lb werent as fast as normal.. the could still make plays on balls but it was much diffrnce the speed.. i mean so basically it does as it says.. the spd between a lb and a hb is vey difffrent i think 15 is insane but it felt pretty good at 40 or 45 or whatever..so i was mizzou and i played miami and i won 28-16 i think the pass for cpu needs to be tweaked if ther is one thing i have noticed in the default and these sliders the cpu pass game is terrible.. jacory hasrris goes 9-16 for 157 1td and 2 int thats not good enough how ever thier run game was sick but it was def more of how a run game should be graig cooper is a good back and he broke alot of arm tackles so i can live with that 18 for 132 and 1 td no real big runs but he had a good consistent game on the ground.. now for me on offense finally the game was fair with the run if i went spread i could get yardage inside 24 carries 123 no td.. but it was def fair..if the blitzed and i ran than it got stopped it took good game planning and reading the d and thats how it should be..passing was the same thing i was 16-34 269 and 4 tds with 1 int. so all in all i like the sliders i picked off a few balls but i still feel like it can be bumped up a bit and the cpu pass game needs to be bumped up a bit.. but eveyrthing else felt alot better than default aa.. some other ppl should give them a run i think u might like how it feels..
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 5:01 am

did you play with this set K?
Originally Posted by Oneback's sliders, The Gaming Tailgate
Player Speed Threshold: 15

Slider User CPU
QB Accuracy 25 40
Pass Blocking 30 30
WR Catching 50 50
RB Ability 45 55
Run Blocking 50 45
Pass Converage 40 40
Pass Rush 50 50
Interceptions 35 35
Rush Defense 30 35
Tackling 35 40
FG Power 10 10
FG Accuracy 20 55
Punt Power 50 55
Punt Accuracy 40 50
Kickoff Power 0 0
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 5:03 am

ya but with the player speed threshold at 40 like bucc said in his later post
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 5:05 am

Player Speed Threshold: 40

Slider User CPU
QB Accuracy 25 40
Pass Blocking 30 30
WR Catching 50 55
RB Ability 45 55
Run Blocking 50 45
Pass Converage 40 40
Pass Rush 50 50
Interceptions 35 35
Rush Defense 30 35
Tackling 35 40
FG Power 10 10
FG Accuracy 20 55
Punt Power 50 55
Punt Accuracy 40 50
Kickoff Power 0 0

So I put in bold changes made, base of your feeback...
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 5:20 am

ya that should work give that a run all though dropped passes werent the issue with the cpu just a lack of a passing game but that might be because of the difficulty or cause i was playing miami who isnt really a pass first team.. im gonna play again against a spread team n see how that goes... but i like ur changes maybe give ints a bump up...on both ends
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 5:27 am

Thanks K for trying these, sounds like good feedback. Keep us posted. Make sure to post what teams were used like u did.

I will try these after work and get a feel for it. Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 6:42 am

ok so i have gone game number 2 i bumped up the cpu catch and the user and cpu int... i played as mizzou again n played oregon in oregon also my last game was on the road too.. these sliders are perfect i swear to u.. some of the best games i have played on this so far..before i would have close games but it was because of fumbles and the cpu being lame n running for 200 yards and swatin down and or picking off like every pass i would end some games like 20 of 45 with less than 300 a td an 3 ints so trust me these are much better than the default sliders ne how here are the stats

Score Oregon 24 Mizzouri 28

Oregon
passing 13-23 204 3 tds 0 int
rushing 19 att 111 0 td
sacks 3

mizzou
passing 25-38 447 yards 2 td
rushing 29 att 56 yards 2 td
sacks 0

so as u can see the stuffed the run against my spread but that allowed me to work the outside and my pass yardage is nuts..oregon did throw the ball alot more they had 204 but i limited the big plays and i tried to be balanced on defense but thier qb was running wild on me in the second half.. so i mean they lost on me stopping them in the redzone n forcing that fg really... the top teams will not be walk overs ther will be a window for u to win in but a few turnovers and u will lose.. i think this is the best sliders i have used hands down.. it gives u freedom to play the game.. default aa doesnt do that it forces u to do things u dont want to so u lose because u had no option.. here oregon had a few chances to win they just didnt pull it out but again close game till the end 2 top 10 teams neither one of the games were blow outs.. i like..
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 6:45 am

I'll try these sometime tommorow, got an early morning only work til 12. I'll check back but this is very good progress guys! We need EVERYONE to use these and contribute their say in it. I think the speed threshold is a very cool idea, linebackers and DEs are WAYYY too fast... there needs to be a big difference between the speed of a QB/RB and a LB/DL. I think 45 looks nice, if Ax said he saw an improvement at 45 then I don't think we should tweak too much.

I'm personally fine with everything at 50, but if you guys want extremely sim stats then I'll ride with the wave of the majority.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 6:49 am

no the speed threshold was 40 but ya i almost feel like it has to be there.. i thought de were to fast especially when my qb has like 90 spd and 90 acc no de should beat him to the side line and with these no de will.. u will out run that de and get up field everytime if ur qb has speed.. nd its also important for the option so u can actually run with ur qb.. 15 i think would make lineman way to slow and it will hurt pulling gaurds n tackles 40 felt just right i didnt blow pass the de he forced me just about to the side line but i beat him there and got a few yards before the next defender came to force me out..
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 7:16 am

Sounds very promising!! Good work ax! Hey goat how is ur game progressing lately? Getting a better feel for it? Haven't heard much from ya lately, so just checkin in on ya pal.
Back to top Go down
Goatstain

Goatstain

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 10:40 am

BucNutts wrote:
Sounds very promising!! Good work ax! Hey goat how is ur game progressing lately? Getting a better feel for it? Haven't heard much from ya lately, so just checkin in on ya pal.

as a matter of fact, i think it is. some of it had to do with playing with all different playbooks. i could never get terribly familiar with one. however, since i've settled on one, things have gotten much better. thanks for asking.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 10:49 am

I have found a few playbooks I like as well, havent set on one yet. I have only tried a few though lol.

I hear the Multiple playbook is real nice...but have yet to try it, but will soon. I used Arizona's and actually like it alot, has a nice running game scheme and PA pass stuff that is a little different than the norm.

What book or books are you liking?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules & Set Up Levels   Rules & Set Up Levels - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rules & Set Up Levels
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next