Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Recruiting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ggang21

ggang21

Recruiting  Empty
PostSubject: Recruiting    Recruiting  EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 12:53 am

I started a dynasty with Houston and they are a 3 star team. So all season long i went after 3 and 4 star players. I manage to pull in five 4* players and like ten 3* players after off season recruiting. So when i finally made it positions changes i was kinda pissed. all of my 4 star players were under 72 overall. and my 3 star players were in the 60's overall. the #11 DE 4star player was a 70 and the # 15 RB 4star was a 72 i was like wow. Last year you could get a 3 star player and they would be about a 70 to a 75 and your 4 star player would be from a 75 to to about a 82. So it looks like this year if u want to win you have to go for the 5 star players. One thing i did notice was that the players get alot of love this year in training. i saw my 68 overall freshman RB that i red shirted come back the next season as a 75 overall rating. But i just thought you guys should know whats up with recruiting. Let me know how you feel about recruiting system.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

Recruiting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting    Recruiting  EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 1:08 am

Yea gang I have heard there are very few elite recruits this year. And thr gap for 3 and 4 * guys come in pretty low. I think it makes sense, but the progression you mentioned will help. My guess is we will not be using very mAny true frosh in this game. And will have to wait till they progress. Which makes it more realistic IMO
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

Recruiting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting    Recruiting  EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 2:29 am

very true, very realistic, usually true freshman do no come in and make a HUGE impact right away...
Back to top Go down
ggang21

ggang21

Recruiting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting    Recruiting  EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 2:59 am

yeah its crazy because last year i would look for the fastest tallest receiver and most of the time it would be a 2 or 3 star guy and he would have a 95 speed and and be like a 71 or 72 overall. When i did that on 11 i found a 6'5 WR who ran a 4.31 40 yard dash and he was a 3 star. So i thought hey i will at least use him for a kick returner. When i got to positions changes his speed was a 93 and he was a 59 overall. LOL i was like WTF. 3 Star 59 overall whats up with that.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

Recruiting  Empty
PostSubject:    Recruiting  EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 4:44 am

Everyone pays wayyy to much attention to overall rating. It's meaningless. I've had tons of success with 70 and under OVR backs. Don't pay so much attention to OVR and recruit players with a skillset that you think would help your team.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
ggang21

ggang21

Recruiting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting    Recruiting  EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 9:21 am

yeah macc i understand what your saying. I im gonna have to really look into recruiting this year. I never really took it that serious but this year you have to.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

Recruiting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting    Recruiting  EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 6:29 pm

ok big thing to note with the ovr.. they take awarness into acct heavy!!! i have a qb on my team who is a 74 cause his awr is soo bad but bump it up to 70 n he turns into an 85 with no other adjustments.. so i think on defense it will be huge cause u need awarness but the ovr is not a good meter to tell how talented a player is.. recruit to the stregnths of ur team and like a hb if he has good attributes in the places where he needs them play him.. a hb with bad awareness may miss a block in the passing game but he will still tote the rock.. just a fyi... o also 4 stars are decent rated.. 3 stars are not gonna have immidiate impact but they never really did a 4 star can come in and see the field tho.. 5 stars as well so its adjusted some but its still manageable just have to look at every thing in thier attribute ratings.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
Sponsored content

Recruiting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting    Recruiting  Empty

Back to top Go down

Recruiting
Page 1 of 1