Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Week Fourteen Discussion

Go down 
+4
luvtotha9s
ggang21
Coach Gruden
LongGONE24
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
bludevilz444

Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:23 pm

you have to have a confernce user game
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:23 pm

zscott10 wrote:
Macc24Est89 wrote:
K that'll be three user games for you... when did we agree to have three?

I think 2 is good, and I want Iowa and Cincy please...

dude if u want 2 you can only play one of us cause u got jesse as OSU.

3 is better cause we are all real good at getting user games in and it wont hold us up. n u wil really have to earn that NC birth.
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:24 pm

Well you are gonna have Oregon state which can't change so you can't play cincy and Iowa without three user games
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:25 pm

clevmire1 wrote:
zscott10 wrote:
Macc24Est89 wrote:
K that'll be three user games for you... when did we agree to have three?

I think 2 is good, and I want Iowa and Cincy please...

dude if u want 2 you can only play one of us cause u got jesse as OSU.

3 is better cause we are all real good at getting user games in and it wont hold us up. n u wil really have to earn that NC birth.

what ever works out, 2, 3 , 4 user games...i'm in!
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2009, 3:19 pm

I don't remember that post, clev. Maybe I'm just too blown tho.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2009, 3:29 pm

its in general announcements 10 from the top under idea for next season.
out of the eight of us that commented on the post u and goat wanted 2 keep it at 2, 2 of us said they didn't mind either way and 4 of us want 3 games.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 1:41 am

clevmire1 wrote:
its in general announcements 10 from the top under idea for next season.
out of the eight of us that commented on the post u and goat wanted 2 keep it at 2, 2 of us said they didn't mind either way and 4 of us want 3 games.

I actually kind of think having just 2 user games schedule is good, helps to create more drama, like we had for who was going to get a BCS Nat Champ invite, it helps to keep the OD moving faster with just 2 pvp games, plus it looks like with Bowls, and Conf Champ games we will have 3 user games anyway...so I would say my vote for either way should be moved to 2 pvp games a year.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 2:53 am

Yeah we're gonna stick with two. One in conference, one out of.
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 3:34 am

I just think with 2 there are too many undefeated teams and too much controversy. This season we had three undefeated teams and the one who was left out complained about being left out. I was one play away from being undefeated and so was North Carolina. Imagine the controversy if we had four undefeated teams. The way the division are set up there is only going to be a user conf championship game in the big 12. If you had three total it wouldn't slow down that much because all user games got finished within the same day on most occasions. I mean I'm fine with two or three but I just think with three games there would be NO BCS controversy because there wouldn't be three or more undefeated teams.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 4:03 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
I just think with 2 there are too many undefeated teams and too much controversy. This season we had three undefeated teams and the one who was left out complained about being left out. I was one play away from being undefeated and so was North Carolina. Imagine the controversy if we had four undefeated teams. The way the division are set up there is only going to be a user conf championship game in the big 12. If you had three total it wouldn't slow down that much because all user games got finished within the same day on most occasions. I mean I'm fine with two or three but I just think with three games there would be NO BCS controversy because there wouldn't be three or more undefeated teams.

yeah and i mean it doesn't matter which cpu team any of us face it is basically like playing an FCS team we are basically guarenteed the win. Jesse was he only one who lost to a CPU team and there were only a handful of close games. i just think it isn't fair if u have a bad season u go 10-2 at the worst and the only records u r gonna see with 2 user games are 12-0, 11-1, 10-2,. 3 user games will really make u work for that NC trip.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 4:10 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:

I think this actually proves the point the 2 pvp is perfect...to have only 3 teams left with no losses is pretty realistic...I understand you and N Carolina were 1 play away from being perfect, but you still had a loss, and really not a shot at playing in the NC....

Maybe we should tweak the sliders slightly in favor of the CPU to maybe get a more competitive game, which may lead to some p vs cpu losses?...My feeling is the CPU has trouble running the ball, and maybe that could be adjusted slightly?
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 4:16 am

I don't think having three teams being undefeated is realistic at all. If you exclude non-bcs schools because they are different. There has only been one year with three undefeated teams and there have been multiple years when there have be zero undefeated teams. Almost every year there is a one loss team in the championship.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 4:20 am

zscott10 wrote:
chAdyP0408 wrote:

I think this actually proves the point the 2 pvp is perfect...to have only 3 teams left with no losses is pretty realistic...I understand you and N Carolina were 1 play away from being perfect, but you still had a loss, and really not a shot at playing in the NC....

Maybe we should tweak the sliders slightly in favor of the CPU to maybe get a more competitive game, which may lead to some p vs cpu losses?...My feeling is the CPU has trouble running the ball, and maybe that could be adjusted slightly?

thats 1 thing, and the cpu QB could NOT hit the broad side of a barn. i have been pestering macc for tougher sliders from the begining of the first OD but he doesn't want to change em. i recon the best thing would be to go with default heisman, no sliders make u earn the NC, or BCS bowl bid. i mean it is obvious by now we are all very good players. i dont wanna tell him how to run this dyn but it just seems likewe are just going through the motions until there is a user game.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 5:24 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
I don't think having three teams being undefeated is realistic at all. If you exclude non-bcs schools because they are different. There has only been one year with three undefeated teams and there have been multiple years when there have be zero undefeated teams. Almost every year there is a one loss team in the championship.

so I went and checked out the W-L since BCS was formed...here are the results...some years prove your point and some prove mine...

98-99
Tennessee 12-0 vs Florida State 11-1 (kind of proves your point)
99-00
Florida State 11-0 vs VT 11-0 (kind of proves my point)
01-02
Nebraska 11-1 vs Miami 11-0 (kind of proves your point)
02-03
Ohio State 13-0 vs Miami 12-0 (kind of proves my point)
03-04
LSU 12-1 vs Oklahoma 12-1(this proves your point)
04-05
SC 12-0 vs Oklahoma 12-0 (Auburn 12-0, Non BCS Utah 11-0) (this really reflects our season)
05-06
SC 12-0 vs Texas 12-0 (kind of proves my point)
06-07
Ohio State 12-0 vs Florida 11-1 (Non BCS Boise St 12-0) (kind of proves your point)
07-08
LSU 11-2 vs Ohio State 11-1 (Non BCS Hawaii 12-0 (this proves your point)
08-09

Oklahoma 12-1 vs Florida 12-1 (Non BCS Utah 12-0) (this proves your point)
09-10
Texas 13-0 vs Alabama 13-0 (Cincy 12-0 Non BCS Boise St 13-0 TCU 12-0) (this really reflects our season)
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 5:31 am

the thing is with only 2 user games there is always going to be at least 2-3 unbeaten teams and most years it will probably be more like 4. n if there aren't any or only one un beaten there will be 12 user 1 loss teams and however many cpu 1 loss teams.

we need 3 user games and harder sliders if any.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 5:38 am

clevmire1 wrote:
the thing is with only 2 user games there is always going to be at least 2-3 unbeaten teams and most years it will probably be more like 4. n if there aren't any or only one un beaten there will be 12 user 1 loss teams and however many cpu 1 loss teams.

we need 3 user games and harder sliders if any.

If we have 12 teams, and two teams in each conf, your sure to have atleast one loss for each...leaving us with 6 teams...and if we all have an out of conf game scheduled, that should then knock off a couple more teams, so now your down to 3-4 teams?....and that is assuming you don't take a loss vs CPU...and in Conf Champ game...as much as I would like to be in a NC game, only two teams are going to get in...if I'm able to go to a BCS and get a W against another 1 loss user team, it still makes for a fun year, with high drama...just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 5:49 am

I'm not saying that there aren't two undefeated teams because that will occasionally happen but rarely are there three undefeated teams. The only times that has happened are this year and 04-05. You can't count non-bcs schools because they aren't in the bcs picture. So that makes only 2 years where there have been situations like ours and if we stay with 2 user games it will happen every year. As long as nobody has a problem being left out when they go undefeated, because it will happen then we won't have a problem, but I know that next year if we have three undefeated teams one is going to complain and be unhappy. I know I would.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 5:57 am

Exactly, Clevmire. 2-3 undefeated teams is what we're going for - realism. Look how many teams in real life are undefeated. I think the sliders are fine I almost lose games and the Florida Bowl game (for me) was exciting and interesting. The way EA fucks you on Rivalry games is rediculous, making it harder would be pointless. You're so far the only person really advocating for these things...
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 6:00 am

chAdyP0408 wrote:
I'm not saying that there aren't two undefeated teams because that will occasionally happen but rarely are there three undefeated teams. The only times that has happened are this year and 04-05. You can't count non-bcs schools because they aren't in the bcs picture. So that makes only 2 years where there have been situations like ours and if we stay with 2 user games it will happen every year. As long as nobody has a problem being left out when they go undefeated, because it will happen then we won't have a problem, but I know that next year if we have three undefeated teams one is going to complain and be unhappy. I know I would.

More user games wouldn't change that. That's the way it happens in real life all the time. Look at teams like Boise and TCU. They deserve to be in the NC but aren't there because their schedule isn't tough enough. Keep in mind guys this is the first year. All years following will be NOTHING like this years. Our teams will improve, get better and become ranked higher. Our schools will continuously gain more prestige. I don't really want to change things up they're going FINE. I love this OD, why fix what isn't broken?
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 6:04 am

I'm with Macc on this one, and that is coming from the coach who's team was left out of the NC...If next year is as exciting as this year was, I will love it, so I think we should leave it alone...If I was to make any tweek it would be to improve the CPU ability to run the ball and passing slightly...
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 6:06 am

Mess around with the sliders, Chris and let me know if you find better ones. Try and use your Stanford team so that you'll get a feel and maybe play an opponent you actually played. I've been warned about these tho - that they should be set in stone and not really altered because it really changes the game.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 6:15 am

Macc24Est89 wrote:
Mess around with the sliders, Chris and let me know if you find better ones. Try and use your Stanford team so that you'll get a feel and maybe play an opponent you actually played. I've been warned about these tho - that they should be set in stone and not really altered because it really changes the game.

It makes it really hard, because everyone has a different skill level...I find it pretty good challenge at the current sliders, I know you had a some close games, as did the Beavers, but it looks like some players were just killing the CPU...I can look at them and test them w/Stanford...I just think teams like Oregon and USC should have been able to move the ball on me better, especially running it....Next year with out Gerhart could be a real challenge for the Cardinal...he was an elite back, so without I may struggle, and think the sliders are perfect were there at...One thing I don't want to see is were some user are abusing the shit out of the CPU and putting up 70 points each week, makes for unrealistic statistics and skews with awards etc..
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 6:19 am

Yeah but nobody did that. Some of our users even lost CPU games, not very many but I don't want to have sliders where user teams are losing all the time to CPUs. I'd rather see most users either undefeated or 1 or 2 loss then THOSE teams battle it out in the Bowl Games. Watch all the user games with the Bowls this year.
Back to top Go down
clevmire1

clevmire1

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 6:30 am

zscott10 wrote:
Macc24Est89 wrote:

It makes it really hard, because everyone has a different skill level...I find it pretty good challenge at the current sliders, I know you had a some close games, as did the Beavers, but it looks like some players were just killing the CPU...I can look at them and test them w/Stanford...I just think teams like Oregon and USC should have been able to move the ball on me better, especially running it....Next year with out Gerhart could be a real challenge for the Cardinal...he was an elite back, so without I may struggle, and think the sliders are perfect were there at...One thing I don't want to see is were some user are abusing the shit out of the CPU and putting up 70 points each week, makes for unrealistic statistics and skews with awards etc..

such as a 50 TD season by a freshman running back. or a 50 td passing season by a freshman qb.

it really pisses me off n makes me not wanna play the game.
Back to top Go down
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2009, 7:06 am

You can't control how many points or tds people have unless you change the sliders because you can't say no you can't score. So you either have to change the sliders or just live with people getting huge stats and a lot of points per game. And too your point macc of having 3 undefeated teams is unrealistic. There has only been twice where three bcs teams went undefeated in the same season. You can't count the non-bcs schools because none of us are non-bcs schools
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week Fourteen Discussion   Week Fourteen Discussion - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Week Fourteen Discussion
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next